The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I truly hope everyone is surviving everything in a great way. Crazy corona times. My best to all!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I am surviving and continuing my taper at this time. Doing and feeling surprisingly safe in NYC. 

Hope you are feeling good as well. 

Final Healing

I truly hope everyone is surviving everything in a great way. Crazy corona times. My best to all!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I am surviving and continuing my taper at this time. Doing and feeling surprisingly safe in NYC. 

Final Healing

Wow! I didn't know you're in NYC. You all have really been through it. This whole thing is like a crazy movie and I'm hoping it has a decent ending. Craziness at my end too. Non-essential businesses have closed and the virus has spread around a lot here and now deaths are kicking in. Small area (Hilton Head, SC area), but things are really picking up. On top of everything, we're moving. We had no idea about the virus spreading 2+ months ago when we got everything signed and agreed to, but we had one closing for a property this morning, will have another tomorrow morning, then start moving the next day. Absolutely way too much stress at this end with everything going on. I'm really shaky, at best. Lost it last night. Anyway, on we go. Stay safe up there!

Jeff

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Final Healing

Wow! I didn't know you're in NYC. You all have really been through it. This whole thing is like a crazy movie and I'm hoping it has a decent ending. Craziness at my end too. Non-essential businesses have closed and the virus has spread around a lot here and now deaths are kicking in. Small area (Hilton Head, SC area), but things are really picking up. On top of everything, we're moving. We had no idea about the virus spreading 2+ months ago when we got everything signed and agreed to, but we had one closing for a property this morning, will have another tomorrow morning, then start moving the next day. Absolutely way too much stress at this end with everything going on. I'm really shaky, at best. Lost it last night. Anyway, on we go. Stay safe up there!

Jeff

Yep, here in the city that's getting hammered.  But we have a great Governor and we are following social distancing all the time.  Trying to get out for a walk daily and otherwise watching lots of tv and movies.  Benzo withdrawal has prepared me for semi isolation.

I'm sorry you have so much stress right now with moving with moving in the middle of all this. I'm also sorry that causes are popping up where you live.  I always want people to remember  that confirmed cases does always equal loss of life. 

You'll get through this Jeff.  Take good care of yourself. 

Final Healing

Hi everyone,

Please hang in there during this difficult time.

Last night I cut to 0.225mg, which I'm taking in the form of 1/4 of a 0.5mg pill (0.125mg) plus .10mg of my homebrew solution. So far so good. I held for a while at 0.25 and felt like it was time to go forward again.

What's new here is that I'm getting clean, accurate quarter cuts with my CVS pill cutter, and I had done so much cutting with knives that I'm amazed how easy it is even to get that small 1/4. Otherwise I'm taking things one day at a time, like I have been. When I get below 0.125mg I'll have to rely totally on my homebrew. I don't see myself either seeking a compounding pharmacy at this point for Klonopin or switching to Valium. I've gotten this far.

Best wishes to everyone!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Final Healing

Jeff

Yep, here in the city that's getting hammered.  But we have a great Governor and we are following social distancing all the time.  Trying to get out for a walk daily and otherwise watching lots of tv and movies.  Benzo withdrawal has prepared me for semi isolation.

I'm sorry you have so much stress right now with moving with moving in the middle of all this. I'm also sorry that causes are popping up where you live.  I always want people to remember  that confirmed cases does always equal loss of life. 

You'll get through this Jeff.  Take good care of yourself. 

Final Healing

Yep, all is better! I haven't even checked in here since 4/1/20, but it's nice to see the support. 4/1 to today 4/8 has been a whirlwind that I never could have expected, BUT we got moved and we live in a terrific and peaceful place now. No horrible jet noise in Beaufort, SC needs to be dealt with by me ever again :) . The military in that town should be shot (pun intended). They've run a lot of people out with their noise pollution and it's sad, but people just don't seem to care as much as they used to...at least not here. I'm super happy that you have some great folks in NYC that are seeing so many through the wild ordeal of Covid. Often, great people really come through during such challenging times. Right now I'm still working but I'm here alone. The others are working remotely which I can't do (compliance issues), but it works out just fine. I can't remember...are you working these days? Doing something else for income? You keep your chin up!! The finish line for this really is out there somewhere :) 

Hugs!

Jeff

Hi everyone,

Please hang in there during this difficult time.

Last night I cut to 0.225mg, which I'm taking in the form of 1/4 of a 0.5mg pill (0.125mg) plus .10mg of my homebrew solution. So far so good. I held for a while at 0.25 and felt like it was time to go forward again.

What's new here is that I'm getting clean, accurate quarter cuts with my CVS pill cutter, and I had done so much cutting with knives that I'm amazed how easy it is even to get that small 1/4. Otherwise I'm taking things one day at a time, like I have been. When I get below 0.125mg I'll have to rely totally on my homebrew. I don't see myself either seeking a compounding pharmacy at this point for Klonopin or switching to Valium. I've gotten this far.

Best wishes to everyone!

I bet your home brew will be absolutely fine. I've been doing a home brew close to 5 years now. It's like anything else...you keep doing it and get used to it. It's really user-friendly too and you can make really small adjustments as needed. We'll keep cheering you on!!

Best of luck,

Jeff

can somebody help me with my cut. im currently  at .25 which has always been my dose. can somebody tell me if i should i cut 10 percent every two weeks or less. Can some people on here share how much they usually cut to minimize WD symptoms

can somebody help me with my cut. im currently  at .25 which has always been my dose. can somebody tell me if i should i cut 10 percent every two weeks or less. Can some people on here share how much they usually cut to minimize WD symptoms

Hi,

How much to cut is a personal decison based on your sensitivity and abilty to handle symptoms. 

From my understanding, 10% is the maximum amount recommended to cut every 2 weeks.  So it will be a matter of seeing what you tolerate. 

For example, my percentage is on the lower side 4-5% monthly because I have been pollydrugged and am very sensitive.  I minimize my withdrawals symtoms by micro cutting every 4-5 days.  I am dry cutting using two scales.  I hold when I get suntoks.

Others do a daily micro cut with liquid and are able to reduce by smaller amounts every day till they reach a certain monthly percentage.

Finding the percentage you can cut and tolerate comes from trying a certain amount and then seeing how you feel. I lean towards starting a little lower and then making adjustments.

How long have you been taking .25? I think that's an important factor. 

I'm sure others will offer their feedback here as well.

gswjltt

from the Cold Turkey, Detox, and Rapid Withdrawal forum

Long story short i was on Klonopin for only a month .5 I didnt even take it everyday. I basically stopped cold turkey for 3 weeks and starting experiencing psychosis like hearing voices. I  had to reinstate now it feels like nothing ever happened. Remember i took them only 3-4 times a week and shouldnt have C/T.

and from Direct Simple Tapers

i took it for a month like off and on, no other medications. i have .5 sometimes i only took half of it

also

i split it up .25 in the morning then .25 at night.

can you tell me how long i should taper since i only took them for a month

also March 31

I've been taking .25 for a week now and feel stable here

I dropped to 0.2mg this past Sunday and am feeling stronger.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Good for you.  You are doing it!

Hey Final!! I've missed being on here and seeing your thoughts. I didn't come here all of last week. That was one of the most intense weeks of my life, no doubt. The stress at my job was way over the top. I've never been able to multitask but this world demands it, and I about lost my mind! Phones ringing, texts coming in, stressed out clients coming by (I work at a financial planning firm), faxes coming, super loud military jets flying overhead outside, forms to be filled out, etc. Every singe day. I had horrible mega panic like I haven't experienced in decades, chest pain, blood pressure had to be through the roof, yada, yada, yada. It was a total nightmare. Of course, it brings fears that it could all happen again this week or the next or the next, but I"m hoping not.

Enough of that. How are things going for you? Hopefully very sane :)

Jeff

If you survived that tough week, you can survive another tough week. Think about that: you made it through!

Thanks, you too!!  :thumbsup:

Jeff

Hey Final!! I've missed being on here and seeing your thoughts. I didn't come here all of last week. That was one of the most intense weeks of my life, no doubt. The stress at my job was way over the top. I've never been able to multitask but this world demands it, and I about lost my mind! Phones ringing, texts coming in, stressed out clients coming by (I work at a financial planning firm), faxes coming, super loud military jets flying overhead outside, forms to be filled out, etc. Every singe day. I had horrible mega panic like I haven't experienced in decades, chest pain, blood pressure had to be through the roof, yada, yada, yada. It was a total nightmare. Of course, it brings fears that it could all happen again this week or the next or the next, but I"m hoping not.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I told haven't been on in awhile myself.  I'm sorry you had a struggle recently.  I know you moved away from the town with the airplane but do you still work in that town?  I hope you have stabilized. 

I'm okayish.  Had a few rough days from cuts but am better today.  It's amazing to me that a mini wave can put me back in such a bad state of mind.  That is the powe of benzos.

Hang in there Jeff.  We will get though this. 

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I told haven't been on in awhile myself.  I'm sorry you had a struggle recently.  I know you moved away from the town with the airplane but do you still work in that town?  I hope you have stabilized. 

I'm okayish.  Had a few rough days from cuts but am better today.  It's amazing to me that a mini wave can put me back in such a bad state of mind.  That is the powe of benzos.

Hang in there Jeff.  We will get though this.

Yep, no doubt we'll all get through it. Yes, the miserable town with the jets is where I still work, but at least I get relief from it when I head home. Where we live now is so peaceful, beautiful, and healing. The jets during the day while at work last week just intensified that whole ordeal. It's still amazing to me how our own U.S. military just blows residents away with horrible noise. Like lots of people, it's all about them and their military duties with no regard for the residents. It's been kind of "nice" to know that I'm not the only one who was/is bothered by the military jet noise. Lots of people are standing up and complaining about it, but local officials won't do anything about it because it's political and they do want to do anything to the local economy. In other words, government "leaders" here don't want to lose their jobs. ANYWAY, my next goal is to find decent work in the town where we now live. The first goal was a big one...to sell our house and be able to afford to move to a neighboring town. That's one down! Next, get a job out of this town where I work. It'll happen. People always tell me that now is a bad time to look for work. Heck, it may be a GREAT time to find remote work from home or something else that's up and coming.

Enough of that. I do hope that you catch a wonderful window and get to float through a big part of your healing. We all just have to hang on to each other while pulling others along at the same time. Our finish line is out there!

Take care :)

Jeff

A few days ago I went down to 0.175 (I'll update my profile later with the exact date). I had one rough night, but was able to "nap" around 8am which usually makes it so I function the next day as if I had had a full 8 hours.

I'm still taking my time with my taper and will probably hold for a while at 0.125mg. I have enough pills to not have any future appointments with my doctor.

For what it's worth, I've tried melatonin and it's just not for me. I take a multivitamin every few days or so, and I take benadryl occasionally for sleep.

I have to say it is a really proud feeling to get to "only" 0.175mg.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

A few days ago I went down to 0.175 (I'll update my profile later with the exact date). I had one rough night, but was able to "nap" around 8am which usually makes it so I function the next day as if I had had a full 8 hours.

I'm still taking my time with my taper and will probably hold for a while at 0.125mg. I have enough pills to not have any future appointments with my doctor.

For what it's worth, I've tried melatonin and it's just not for me. I take a multivitamin every few days or so, and I take benadryl occasionally for sleep.

It's a lot better than 1.25mg!!! Congrats :)

Jeff

Congratulations., you are getting low and doing it safely. You should be proud of what you have accomplished. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't remember which day I cut, but I'm down to 0.15mg. I've had some really rough nights, but no daytime withdrawal symptoms for the last couple months that I can remember.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I don't remember which day I cut, but I'm down to 0.15mg. I've had some really rough nights, but no daytime withdrawal symptoms for the last couple months that I can remember.

You're smoking me!! You'll continue to fly right on by. That's good though, so keep doing what you're doing. Have a ridiculously awesome holiday weekend!

Jeff

You are really getting low and seem to be handling it well. 

Glad to hear this update.

Hi All,

I tried tapering off of Klonopin from 4 mg (upped from 2 mg 5 months before) to 3.75 mg. After about 3-4 days, my joints swelled up, I got a fever, sore throat, and assorted horrible symptoms. I was on 2 mg but developed tolerance. I'm despairing..this thing's made me lose my immunity, sanity and everything else. Anyone experienced symptoms with this kinda taper?