The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Today is my 6th day on my lower dose and I feel like windows are happening.

I am so grateful.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Hi all, new here. Started my taper recently and have hit the lowest parts it seems. Need some encouragement.

Hi all, new here. Started my taper recently and have hit the lowest parts it seems. Need some encouragement.

[/quote

how long have you been tapering?

I started my taper two weeks ago, from .25, and admittedly went way too fast and now am at .125 mg split in half (one at morning one at night). I’m in the thick of the withdrawal and feel horrible.

Does anyone know if the lower you get on k if the wd sx are stronger. Do you guys make smaller cuts.

I have not found the symptoms to be stronger as I have gone lower.  I am not super low but I have felt mentally better as my dose has been lower.  I am doing small, micro cuts using a scale every 3 days. 

I do have rough days but they are less than when I was up higher on my dose. 

Maybe my cut was too much. I'm going to make smaller cuts. Thanks fh. Now I have a huge benzo belly. Its freaking me out. I barely ate and ccx ant go the bathroom. I hope I dont die. Sorry. Just nervous.

I find it's hard for others to understand how it feels to go through benzo withdrawal (or even being on benzos to begin with).

Do you have some people in your life that cheer you on? Either way, we are here to do that for you.

Not much support.  My bf get irratated if I talk about sx. Thank god I have you guys. This drug is the worst. Wish I never took it.  :-[

UYes! It drives me crazy. They think your overeating. Noone e could ever understand unless they were going through this. I hope your sx are not th o bad. Sometimes it shocks me.

Hi Everyone if you could answer any of my questions it would be appreciated.

I want to start tapering from .75mg of clonazepam

What do you think of this method in the video?

This video looks like something I could manage.

I was told to you have to mix clonazepam with alcohol

The alcohol can be any strong alcohol (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, cognac, Everclear).  It needs to be at least 40% alcohol.  You're just going to crush your pill a bit and mix it with 2-4 ml of alcohol.  Mix it really good.  Take your time.  The drug will go into solution, but the starch fillers may not.  That's OK.  Then you combine the pill/alcohol mixture with some water.  You can use 300 ml if you want.

So it is ok to drink alcohol with the clonazepam it is safe?

When I make the mixture how long does it last and should I refrigerate it?

I can make enough for the day at the same time right?

Or can I even make it the night before enough for the next day?

Thank you

Hi Everyone if you could answer any of my questions it would be appreciated.

I want to start tapering from .75mg of clonazepam

What do you think of this method in the video?

This video looks like something I could manage.

I was told to you have to mix clonazepam with alcohol

The alcohol can be any strong alcohol (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, cognac, Everclear).  It needs to be at least 40% alcohol.  You're just going to crush your pill a bit and mix it with 2-4 ml of alcohol.  Mix it really good.  Take your time.  The drug will go into solution, but the starch fillers may not.  That's OK.  Then you combine the pill/alcohol mixture with some water.  You can use 300 ml if you want.

So it is ok to drink alcohol with the clonazepam it is safe?

When I make the mixture how long does it last and should I refrigerate it?

I can make enough for the day at the same time right?

Or can I even make it the night before enough for the next day?

Thank you

I would say it's ok to mix k with the small amount of vodka and then make your doses after adding the large amount of water (it's worked well for me the past 5+ yrs), but I sure wouldn't recommend having alcohol like beer, wine, mix drinks, etc. during my taper. I'm not sure how long it really lasts, but I make my doses 5+ days in advance and with no refrigeration. My tablets have never been refrigerated, my vodka has never been refrigerated, and my water has never been refrigerated, so I just go with it. :)

Hey everyone I take clonazepam .25 everynight and get anxiety in the early afternoon it can't be interdose withdrawal right? It's all in my head? Just to make sure

It can be interdose withdrawal, you've reduced your dose by quite a bit so it's not surprising it's running out of steam the closer you get to your evening dose.  What do you think about splitting your evening dose in half, is it helping you sleep?  Would you rather suffer through the day or leave your night dose alone?

But I take my dose at 11:30 pm and feel anxious at around 1:30 pm it's too soon no? The half life is pretty long I think just tryinggto make sure

Thanks

I'm thinking your so anxious might be because of the cuts you made. They look big and so it will probably take some time to stabilize. I'm always anxious.  It settles after a hold. You need to distract. Learn coping skills for anxiety. Take walks. Meditations. Utube has some good videos for meditation and anxiety. Dont listen to the thoughts just except it's a sx and not you. I know how hard this is but it gets better.

Also, if you feel somewhat normal any part of the day it's probably a window and you most anxious time 8s a night. A wave. I feel good and worse throughout the day, I hope this helps.

But I take my dose at 11:30 pm and feel anxious at around 1:30 pm it's too soon no? The half life is pretty long I think just tryinggto make sure

Thanks

It could be a combination of both interdose and making big cuts as Dehytq2 mentioned, holding might not be a bad idea.  When you look at the half life of Clonazepam, it's between 18-50 hours, but Clonazepam plasma levels are unreliable because they can vary greatly, so it's entirely possible your plasma levels of the drug could be sinking around 1:30.  Wikipedia mentions it is effective for 6–12 hours in adults.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam#Mechanism_of_action

Perfect thanks for the tip guys and I forgot to update my signature I updosed my dose to .25 since 4 days . I'll stay on .25 for awhile I appreciate the feedback

Much love to everyone

hello guys ,

First time writing here . Tried to start my K taper it was horrible , too much anxiety and hypersensitivity ,muscle/nerv related  pains . Any good tips to manage wd symptons ?

hello guys ,

First time writing here . Tried to start my K taper it was horrible , too much anxiety and hypersensitivity ,muscle/nerv related  pains . Any good tips to manage wd symptons ?

Hi and welcome.

I can only pass on a few things that have helped me from my own experience.

1. I (after a period of starts and stops) created a taper schedule and stuck to it as much as possible.  I am dry cutting with a scale and nail file.  There are other methods as you know.  I also started slowly because I was fearful and as I understood my pattern of withdrawal more, I have picked up the pace.

2. Once I figured out that my fantasy of trying to have a symptom free taper was keeping me stuck was unrealistic, I created a rating scale for myself based on 1-10.  1 was no symptoms and 10 was the worst symptoms.  I wanted to find a range where I could tolerate my withdrawal symptoms without being miserable.  For me, if I could hang in the 5,6 and 7 range of ickiness, I would keep tapering.  If my symptoms inched into the 8, 9, and 10 range, I would hold.  It was freeing for me to realize that it wasn't my fault that I was having symptoms, it was all the medication and what I could tolerate.

3. I read success stories and looked for good support on this site.  If I saw I was experiencing too much fear based talk in any group I belonged to, I took time off.  I don't judge the fear, it's very valid and people need to express as much fear as they need to.  But, for me if it was not balanced enough with encouragement that we can all get off these meds, I took a step away. 

4. On the higher doses, I had a lot heavier symptoms so I did a lot of distraction when I couldn't do anything else.  Watched mindless TV, called friends, spoke with a benzo coach and held on.

I'm sure others will have more tips.  Keep the faith, you can do this. 

hello guys ,

Hi and welcome.

1. I (after a period of starts and stops) created a taper schedule and stuck to it as much as possible.  I am dry cutting with a scale and nail file.  There are other methods as you know.  I also started slowly because I was fearful and as I understood my pattern of withdrawal more, I have picked up the pace.

2. Once I figured out that my fantasy of trying to have a symptom free taper was keeping me stuck was unrealistic, I created a rating scale for myself based on 1-10.  1 was no symptoms and 10 was the worst symptoms.  I wanted to find a range where I could tolerate my withdrawal symptoms without being miserable.  For me, if I could hang in the 5,6 and 7 range of ickiness, I would keep tapering.  If my symptoms inched into the 8, 9, and 10 range, I would hold.  It was freeing for me to realize that it wasn't my fault that I was having symptoms, it was all the medication and what I could tolerate.

3. I read success stories and looked for good support on this site.  If I saw I was experiencing too much fear based talk in any group I belonged to, I took time off.  I don't judge the fear, it's very valid and people need to express as much fear as they need to.  But, for me if it was not balanced enough with encouragement that we can all get off these meds, I took a step away. 

4. On the higher doses, I had a lot heavier symptoms so I did a lot of distraction when I couldn't do anything else.  Watched mindless TV, called friends, spoke with a benzo coach and held on.

Great post FH!    🙋🏼🙋🏼.    😘💜😷😘💜😷

hello guys ,

Hi and welcome.

Great post FH!    🙋🏼🙋🏼.    😘💜😷😘💜😷

Thanks Mary!  I see you have gotten down to 8mgs and I know that takes effort.  I hope your back is not too bad right now and that you, Tim and Sly are doing okay.