Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi pamster they are .5 mg . So I take half in the am and half at night

I use a scale but I don't crush my pills.  I shave them down with a nail file.  My pills are .5 as well and I take my dosen3 times a day with a heavier dose at night. 

I weigh my pills which average between  200-201 grams on the scale.  Then I shave off one dose every 4 days.  So if the pill weighs 200, I would shave down to 199 pill weight. Then the next cut would be 198.  Just an example. 

My pace is on the slow side so you can figure out the best pace for you.  Using a scale helps you be more precise though there are many ways to taper including liquid. 

Hope your taper is going well.

hey final healing i just weighed one of my tablet its comes out to about 0.0174 grams weird. which brand of scale do you use . mine is pretty inaccurate the numbers always fluctuate making this difficult to me.

thanks for the response

Hi,

All the pills weigh differently according to the brand.  I use the Solco brand and have always been on the heavier side.

Yes my scale, (i actually use two scales,) do fluctuate so I end up weighing my pills quite a few times.  I use the AWS Gemini 20 scale.  I calibrate it  each time I turn it on and use the TARE button often.  After I get to weigh what I want for a few weighs, I just accept it. 

I sometimes try a method that I read about somewhere on this site, where I put one of the weights on the scale, making sure it weighs 10 grams and then put the pill piece on top.  Sometimes that helps me get more of a sense if I'm in  the right range. 

Hope that is helpful.

Ok makes sense and very helpful thanks ! Do you use the little silver bowl the scale come with?

I used to but now I don't. I watched someone's video on YouTube and they didn't use it and it made sense to me. Less time fiddling with the bowl.  I just place the pill on the flat part. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with using it, just my preference not to at this time. . And I may have to go back to it when I get very low and there are more crumbs.  I'll have to see. 

Is it harder to get off the generic Clonazepam than the Klonapin? or no difference.

Any experience? Thank you.

I'm not sure, others may know.  I think sticking with one brand the whole way through (if possible) is important.  I have my doctor specify my brand and recently when I switched pharmacy's, I went in and spoke to the pharmacist directly to make sure he could order it. 

Is it harder to get off the generic Clonazepam than the Klonapin? or no difference.

I'm not sure, others may know.  I think sticking with one brand the whole way through (if possible) is important.  I have my doctor specify my brand and recently when I switched pharmacy's, I went in and spoke to the pharmacist directly to make sure he could order it. 

In my experience Final healing is correct. Every brand, generic and name, has a different amount of medication in them. They are allowed to have a specific variation in amount by law. Many of us, not all, are super sensitive and the slightest variation in medication amount can cause all sorts of problems.

My pharmacy changed my generic twice and both times I had a bad reaction to the change. It can be up to a 20% difference in medication which is above the 5 - 10% that Ashton recommends. I myself can't even go that fast so the change really messed me up.

Every brand has a National Drug Code, or NDC, which you can find either on your medication bottle or online. I found a pharmacy that said they have a contract for the brand I'm on and then I asked my doctor to write the NDC on the prescription and to write DAW which means Dispense as Written. I now always get the same brand of medication. It has made a huge difference in my ability to taper.

Healthy, no one can really answer that question , it seems everyone is different.  Some do better on the different generics, while others like the brand k.  It just all depends on your body and how it adapts to each one.  I will throw this is there, whatever kind you like, have your Dr write your script for that kind.  We have found that when a different generic than you are used to is used, there is a possibility you can run into a problem if it is all of a sudden changed, the pharmacy often won't even mention it, which leaves you vulnerable.  So, if your Dr writes the script for a specific kind, the pharmacy will at least have to inform you before changing it.  Mary 💜

For US members who wish to look up the NDC code for the manufacturer of the generic clonazepam you use (or for brand Klonopin):

(1) Go to DailyMed at: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/

(2) Enter “clonazepam” (or Klonopin) in the search box.

(3) Scroll down the page until you see the link for your manufacturer.

My son is a hard time with withdrawal Klonopin. Till now he has come from 1 mg a day to 0,75 afther 2 months!!

The advises a read here are very helpfull!

Slow and steady tapering is the best.  I'm glad you have found helpful advice here. 

I have co-started an in-person benzo withdrawal peer support group in NYC. 

If anyone you know is looking for one, please feel free to pass on this link. 

edit: link removed

Sounds great! It would be a long commute though :) (Hilton Head, SC)

Sounds great! It would be a long commute though :) (Hilton Head, SC)

Wish you could attend Jeff.  Will let everyone know how or goes. 

I’m at .125 clonazepam once daily.  I have a liquid compound prepared by the pharmacy.  My dr is aware of going slow and listens to my concerns.  I feel good.  I’ve been at this dose 2 months.  A long hold, just to get very stable.  Lots happened in a month, sister passed away, bestie got cancer diagnosis, another family member diagnosed with cancer and reaching the end fast.  I had been dry cutting pills and getting inaccurate doses.  So I’m stable now.  April 1 I’ll titrate again.  Not sure if I’ll alternate days at .125 or go to .0625 daily.  It’s my third taper in my life.  I was deceived by the first two, which were so easy.  This one is harder, although on same low dose .5 once daily, for much less time.  Still, I have to say it’s not been horrible.  Some bad days but lots of recovery.  I feel better the lower the dose.  I also take gabapentin 300 mgs once daily for sleep.  It helps.  I’ll get off that after the benzo. 

I'm so sorry you have experienced the losses you have over the past months.  That's a lot to process at the same time. 

It's great that you are so low on your Klonipin.

How long were you on it this time and at what dose?

From that I have read, it's best not to alternate days as a method of taper.  From my understanding, it's good to keep the medication as stable as possible in your blood stream. 

I'm thinking that if you taper down as low as possible, to where you feel comfortable stepping off it might be an easier ride.

Hi Final

Thanks for your care.  That’s  my feeling, too.  I’ll just cut the daily amount until I can walk off.  🙂

Feeling so nauseous today. 

I feel like I'm in a new phase of physical symptoms.  I haven't had a lot of nausea but as I go lower, it seems to be happening more. 

Feeling the usual blah feelings and wonder when will I ever get off this medication. 

Feeling so nauseous today. 

I feel like I'm in a new phase of physical symptoms.  I haven't had a lot of nausea but as I go lower, it seems to be happening more. 

Feeling the usual blah feelings and wonder when will I ever get off this medication.

I guess that's just part of the game, right? I went through about a 10 month period last year where I was a mess with nausea. I feel your pain. I got pretty worked up about it and ended up at a gastroenterologist office. One thing led to another and I had a full abdomenal ultrasound, upper endoscopoy and colonoscopy (it was time for the colonoscopy anyway). Then a few months later my nausea went away really quickly. No real explanation. Just part of the konopin journey. All we can do is deal the best we can and move on through it. You'll definitely get off the med. For some people, the lower doses really seem to bring on a challenge while others get relief and move on to the end. Hang in there and try to live as "normal" as possible. Hard, I know, but you can prevail!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. 

I was feeling better as I was getting lower but I think I did one cut too many last month, one more than my usual.  I won't do that again.  I back to my previous rhythm with a extra couple of days of holding. 

Good to know the nausea passed for you.  I also have developed rashy eyes.  Not the eyes themselves but the eye lids and surrounding area.  Not sure what it's from. I'm trying to treat it naturally and sometimes its gets a little better than worse. It's a mystery right now and I'm not sure its connected to withdrawal but could be.

Final Healing - I too had horrible nausea during my taper.    I started drinking ginger tea in the morning which helped a bit.  The GI issues went away totally after I was off - and like others I had lots of GI testing - all normal.  So my guess is,  it is the klonopin and taper doing this to do. I know it doesn't help to make you feel better now but just know it will all go away.

For the eye issue - when that happened I boiled water - let it cool a bit and soaked my eyes, it was the only thing that helped. 

Sending you healing thoughts.

Final Healing - I too had horrible nausea during my taper.    I started drinking ginger tea in the morning which helped a bit.  The GI issues went away totally after I was off - and like others I had lots of GI testing - all normal.  So my guess is,  it is the klonopin and taper doing this to do. I know it doesn't help to make you feel better now but just know it will all go away.

For the eye issue - when that happened I boiled water - let it cool a bit and soaked my eyes, it was the only thing that helped. 

Sending you healing thoughts.

Thanks for responding KGirl.  It's been a rough week for me.

I was doing well and then, when, I got hit with a wave. 

Did you get eye rashes during your taper? I have red eye lids and itchy eyes, not the the eyeballs themselves.

Really wanting this to be over with but I have months to go. 

I got what was styes starting in my eyes. I assume that the cooled boiled water (boil so it is germ free) would help your eyes as well.

I know you are going through a hard time - I just wanted to let you know that it does come to an end, though in the throes of it, it is hard to believe that it will ever end.  It does and you must keep telling yourself this - you will be fine.  :smitten: :smitten:

I got what was styes starting in my eyes. I assume that the cooled boiled water (boil so it is germ free) would help your eyes as well.

I know you are going through a hard time - I just wanted to let you know that it does come to an end, though in the throes of it, it is hard to believe that it will ever end.  It does and you must keep telling yourself this - you will be fine.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you.  I will try the cool.water. 

And thank you for your encouragement. 

I feel sick and can’t stop C or start taper of

1 mg clonazapam. I’m under stress

And I don’t want to lose the sleep I get.

A long taper seem too hard. Dr against

any crossover. I take 1 mg cloz per day .

Would that really make me this sick ?

I also been using melatonin at night

Up to 4 mg of that. Was gonna quit

but last night didn’t feel sleepy

and just downed the melatonin .

Nighttime I have low willpower and just want sleep.

Thanks Jeff. 

I was feeling better as I was getting lower but I think I did one cut too many last month, one more than my usual.  I won't do that again.  I back to my previous rhythm with a extra couple of days of holding. 

Good to know the nausea passed for you.  I also have developed rashy eyes.  Not the eyes themselves but the eye lids and surrounding area.  Not sure what it's from. I'm trying to treat it naturally and sometimes its gets a little better than worse. It's a mystery right now and I'm not sure its connected to withdrawal but could be.

I haven't had the rashy eyes thing, but nothing surprises me at this point. That boiling/cooling water thing sounds promising. I'd sure give that a try. Keep plodding forward. Today makes You one step closer to your finish line!

Jeff

I feel sick and can’t stop C or start taper of

1 mg clonazapam. I’m under stress

And I don’t want to lose the sleep I get.

A long taper seem too hard. Dr against

any crossover. I take 1 mg cloz per day .

Would that really make me this sick ?

I also been using melatonin at night

Up to 4 mg of that. Was gonna quit

but last night didn’t feel sleepy

and just downed the melatonin .

Nighttime I have low willpower and just want sleep.

Healthyme:

I am sorry you aren't feeling well. It isn't about willpower ... we all want to sleep.

There are other natural remedies that might help you with sleep .... magnesium, l-theanine, some herbal teas like lemon balm, valerian, chamomile.

Do you see a therapist? I am wondering if that might help. Your signature says that your mom died about a year ago, I know I was slammed and a complete mess about six months after my dad died. I began to talk to someone and it did help.

I also think all of the virus stuff on the news all the time is not helping anyone's anxiety. Hope you feel better soon.