The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Plus split dose for sleep. Makes me feel worse

I think

9 pm .25 MG

3 30 am .25 mg

healthy,  mary has a good idea which a lot of us use. That's the signature (see mine below the message).  It gives your med history, type of benzo and other med), etc...... 

Look up on the white portion of this page and you'll see  home.....help......profile......

Click profile and a drop down appears.  Choose forum profile.

Within the forum profile, add your signature.  When complete, look to the lower right and click "change profile"

Plus split dose for sleep. Makes me feel worse

I think

9 pm .25 MG

3 30 am .25 mg

Hi Healrhyme,

Just ti clarify, did you split the dose and do the 5% cut at the same time?  If so, you may be feeling the cut and the dose shift at the same time.  It's best to make one change at a time to let your body adjust.  I had to learn that over and over again.

The fear of not sleepongnis something I really struggled with.  I'm now more accepting and find that eventually I will have a better night's sleep once I stabilize.  I've had to learn to just rest during the nights I dont sleep and even though I'm more tired during this process, I have gotten used to it.

I too was a caregiver of my mom and while each of our stories is different, I understand the emotional toll that takes.

This is a very supportive site with lots of good information. 

Is it true that clonazepam withdrawal causes more psychological issues than other benzos?

I don't know the answer to that.  Someone I know, who tapered off of Ativan, was very depressed and anxious till she got lower on her dose.  Started at 1mg.  I've also know people who talk about the depression that valium causes. 

Just from reading the forum I get the general feeling that K give more mental symptoms like DPDR/ intrusive thoughts etc. while I find that Valium leaves people with more physical symptoms. Again this is just a general feeling I get.

Hi All,

I've been reading so many comments & taking it all in right now.

I have been on Klonopin for 30 yrs & have had concerns over the past 10 yrs but ignored my concerns for 2 reasons: Being told I have generalized anxiety with panic disorder- feeling it's chronic & something I have to live with. I fear going off would cause me to more issues? At least that's what I've been led to believe.

Reason 2: I'm scared that I will become extremely ill, even have a fear of death from doing it because one of my Dr's mentioned that can happen but I didn't ask questions as to what he was really referring to. Maybe he meant if someone like me went off of it cold turkey?

Is it possible to taper slowly at this point in my life?

I don't want to do compounded after reading about it, it seems like that may not be for me?

What should I be reading RE: tapering, this is all so confusing to me.

One last question: Have any of you noticed weight gain after your dosage was increased? I was never over weight until I was increased to 3-4 mgs/day... gradually gained 25 lbs (most of it the first 3 yrs) over a period of 9 yrs. I can't lose the weight no matter how hard I try.

And, I am so hung over in mornings, I must sleep in LATE so I don't go into full blown panic attack if I don't get enough sleep, anyone else deal with this as well? I feel like my family detests me over my sleep habits even though they say they understand.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi All,

I've been reading so many comments & taking it all in right now.

I have been on Klonopin for 30 yrs & have had concerns over the past 10 yrs but ignored my concerns for 2 reasons: Being told I have generalized anxiety with panic disorder- feeling it's chronic & something I have to live with. I fear going off would cause me to more issues? At least that's what I've been led to believe.

Reason 2: I'm scared that I will become extremely ill, even have a fear of death from doing it because one of my Dr's mentioned that can happen but I didn't ask questions as to what he was really referring to. Maybe he meant if someone like me went off of it cold turkey?

I don't want to do compounded after reading about it, it seems like that may not be for me?

One last question: Have any of you noticed weight gain after your dosage was increased? I was never over weight until I was increased to 3-4 mgs/day... gradually gained 25 lbs (most of it the first 3 yrs) over a period of 9 yrs. I can't lose the weight no matter how hard I try.

And, I am so hung over in mornings, I must sleep in LATE so I don't go into full blown panic attack if I don't get enough sleep, anyone else deal with this as well? I feel like my family detests me over my sleep habits even though they say they understand.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to BB and the Klonipin Klub2 support thread. 

I understand that there is a lot of information to take in and it's good that you are taking the time to learn about tapering.

If you read though the success stories, you will see that there have been many people that have been on benzos a long time and gotten off. 

I understand that you feel fear and that's why its good to educate yourself on the method your want to us to taper and to set up a taper plan.  And in my opinion, most doctors are uneducated on proper tapers and create a lot fear with their ignorance. 

Benzos effect our brains and bodies.  Weight gain and weight loss are things that people post about when taking benzos.

You've created an excellent med history and I think a next goo step is to go back to the home page and read through the different types of tapering methods.  I think it's a matter of what appeals to you, whose thoughts on tapering make sense and then ask for help with a tapering plan once you have chosen your method.  Tapering plans and methods can always be adjusted.

You can create a request for help for a taper under taper plan and then once you get started you can ask for support here on the home page or on this thread. 

Welcome again.

Final Healing

Check out this thread for the general explanation for 3 methods of tapering. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9522.50

Just posted my success story! I start my escitalopram taper Monday. Thanks to all who have been so supportive.

Bravo!  Just read your success story and I'm really happy for you. 

Hi fellow sufferers  :)

Would like to get input from others similar to me (long term & high dosage Klonopin).

I’m almost 28 months benzo free. Been in severe wave past 12 months.

Two issues:

1. The bizarre, crazy, never ending, unwanted thought that my left leg / hip is “crooked”. Almost feels as if it’s not part of my body.

It never stops, driving me nuts! It’s become hard to walk. I can feel an “electrical” component to this area. It’s so crazy! Even feels that way in bed. Never ends. Also feels like my left butt check is so puckered up. Nothing has helped - heat, ice, rest, exercise, stretching, etc.

Anyone ever have thoughts / feelings like that? Did it lessen or go away?

2. Fear. My fear has gotten progressively worse in this 12 month wave. Haven’t left my house since June.

Has your fear lessened over time so you can get out and semi-function in the world again?

Of course, like all of you, I have numerous other symptoms. But these two have kept me from getting out and about.

I am hopeful to get better, and I look forward to becoming a powerful advocate for benzo education and change.

And I pray that we all have improvement.

Thanks very much,

Alex

Hi fellow sufferers  :)

Would like to get input from others similar to me (long term & high dosage Klonopin).

I’m almost 28 months benzo free. Been in severe wave past 12 months.

Two issues:

1. The bizarre, crazy, never ending, unwanted thought that my left leg / hip is “crooked”. Almost feels as if it’s not part of my body.

It never stops, driving me nuts! It’s become hard to walk. I can feel an “electrical” component to this area. It’s so crazy! Even feels that way in bed. Never ends. Also feels like my left butt check is so puckered up. Nothing has helped - heat, ice, rest, exercise, stretching, etc.

Anyone ever have thoughts / feelings like that? Did it lessen or go away?

2. Fear. My fear has gotten progressively worse in this 12 month wave. Haven’t left my house since June.

Has your fear lessened over time so you can get out and semi-function in the world again?

Of course, like all of you, I have numerous other symptoms. But these two have kept me from getting out and about.

I am hopeful to get better, and I look forward to becoming a powerful advocate for benzo education and change.

And I pray that we all have improvement.

Thanks very much,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Though I am still in the process of tapering, I wanted to say hello and express how sorry I am you are struggling with those symtoms.

I was housebound last year due to another medication withdrawal and I understand the feeling of fear.  I slowly have crept out more this past summer and fall.  Someone from another forum explained that my nervous system was in a protective mode and that's why I had a hard time getting out.  Whata helped now is short walks around the block to get me used to getting out.

I'm not familiar with your other symptom and you might consider posting in the muscle aches and pain support group as well.

I did try a Feldenkrais session to help calm my nervous system and it did help.  Its something I will do again when I am much lower and less worries about rocking the boat. 

Congratulations on getting off of your benzo. It's a big accomplishment. 

Hi Final Healing,

Thanks for the reply and info!

i will look onto the Feldenkrais way.

Did you taper off of Remeron? I’m doing that now ....

Hope you are doing well!

Alex

Hi Final Healing,

Thanks for the reply and info!

i will look onto the Feldenkrais way.

Did you taper off of Remeron? I’m doing that now ....

Hope you are doing well!

Alex

You are welcome Alex.  If you try the Feldenkrais let me know.  I paid for an individual session but I've been told there are videos on YouTube as well. 

Yes I tapered off of Remeron and Lamictal.

I'm okay, but this Clonzapam taper has been hard for me and I have to go slow.  I worry that I will be the only one that can't get off. 

How did you taper?

Hi Final Healing,

I believe you can do the taper, and recover, and be even better than ever!

I (unfortunately) took a lot of Klonopin over a long time. My doctor (and friend) really believes the solution for our problem is to take more!

I wasn’t feeling right over a few year period, but couldn’t figure out what was the cause. At the same time, I found BB and wanted to be off the K.

I had already reduced from 5 mg to 1 mg each night. From approx. Nov 2016 to July 2017 I tapered from 1 mg to 0.

I didn’t do any weighing or measuring - I just cut off parts of each pill each night, smaller and smaller over that 8 month period.

I had zero problems with taper and first 16 months benzo free. About a year ago I went into this wave - very frustrating. But looking back now, I can see the “why” as to this wave: I was overdoing doing it on exercise, taking care of an elderly parent, trying to complete my dream home in the Rockies, and under a great deal of stress with a large work project.

Can you share with me your experiences on remeron, and the taper? I’m wondering how much that could be affecting me currently.

You can do that via PM if you like.

Much appreciated, and look forward to chatting more  :)

Alex

Hi Final Healing,

I believe you can do the taper, and recover, and be even better than ever!

I (unfortunately) took a lot of Klonopin over a long time. My doctor (and friend) really believes the solution for our problem is to take more!

I wasn’t feeling right over a few year period, but couldn’t figure out what was the cause. At the same time, I found BB and wanted to be off the K.

I had already reduced from 5 mg to 1 mg each night. From approx. Nov 2016 to July 2017 I tapered from 1 mg to 0.

I didn’t do any weighing or measuring - I just cut off parts of each pill each night, smaller and smaller over that 8 month period.

I had zero problems with taper and first 16 months benzo free. About a year ago I went into this wave - very frustrating. But looking back now, I can see the “why” as to this wave: I was overdoing doing it on exercise, taking care of an elderly parent, trying to complete my dream home in the Rockies, and under a great deal of stress with a large work project.

Can you share with me your experiences on remeron, and the taper? I’m wondering how much that could be affecting me currently.

You can do that via PM if you like.

Much appreciated, and look forward to chatting more  :)

Alex

Thanks for the encouragement.  I fear because I was pollydrugged that my chances are lower.  I know that is irrational because I see that many people here get off of after using many medications. 

The insight you have about stress affecting you and causing a wave is a good one.  I got thrown into a wave while on the low end of my Lamictal taper due to high stress.  It causee to HP to soon and be back on benzos.  I also took care of an elderly parent pre-medicadoin and I understand that stress. 

I tapered off from 41.5mgs of Remeron over two years.  I was also tapering Lamictal at the same time after about a 6 month gap. I did 10% reductions per month.  I noticed a specifice pattern doing a cut and hold.  I would feel lousy for about 4 days and then stabilize.  I felt feelings of sadness, fear and anger.  Very similar to my benzo withdrawal now.  But I was able to work and function, unlike now .

What symtoms are you struggling with? 

Hi Final Hearing,

Thank you  :)

I, like you, and many others - poly drugged.

I’ve been home and bed bound in this wave. I can’t describe the fear, frustration, and pain. It’s .... beyond description.

I have 2 issues that are keeping me home / bed bound. This “thought” and feeling regarding my left hip. It’s so frickin’ bizarre!!

I can feel the tension and electrical feeling in the hip, but it’s the constant thought that makes it so troubling! It affects my walking and stability, ... and I have the tension and ‘thought’ even while in bed.

The other symptom- unnatural fear. I’m afraid of EVERYTHING! Again, so bizarre .... no one except a benzo survivor would understand.

I so would like to walk normally, and enjoy the outdoors, and life in general.

One other symptom - vertigo.

I was prescribed 15 mg remeron because I was losing weight. 4 months later - I started having vertigo. Did you ever have vertigo, and do you think it can be related to the taking of remeron?

I’ve had all the symptoms- it’s just these last ones that have become debilitating.

All the other symptoms - gone.

I am hopeful that because we are knowledgeable and proactive, we will not only get better, but enjoy things more than ever 😃

Alex

Hi Alex,

I did not have vertigo when I took Remeron but I do remember how sedating the lower doses.  It would take me hours to clear my head after I woke up.

I looked up the side effects of Remeron and I saw that dizziness is listed.  If you never had vertigo before taking Remeron then there could be a connection. 

I have really trying to keep in mind both side effects of medication and wirhdrawal symptoms.  Sometimes they overlap.

Have you checked in with the Remeron support group on this site?

I too am hoping to enjoy things going forward. 

Hi Alex,

I did not have vertigo when I took Remeron but I do remember how sedating the lower doses.  It would take me hours to clear my head after I woke up.

I looked up the side effects of Remeron and I saw that dizziness is listed.  If you never had vertigo before taking Remeron then there could be a connection. 

I have really trying to keep in mind both side effects of medication and wirhdrawal symptoms.  Sometimes they overlap.

As long as I have been on bb, it was only a couple weeks ago I read someone talking about side effects of the med itself and withdrawal symptoms.  It was a real eye opener for me, but connected a lot of dots. M

Hi Final Healing - thank you  :)

I’ve been spending some time in that remeron thread. Of course you see so many various thoughts, opinions, experiences  :)

We’ll get there!

I have been on for 20 years, first many were on and off .5 mg, then was prescribed 1 mg daily and that is when things got bad for me.

I am not a poster child for success unfortunately as my signature shows.

I would advise just going very very slow if you can. I think that is the only way I am ever going to get off when I resume tapering.

Hi lookinup,

I have been on k for the same amount of time. I am taperimg now. It has bern hard for me because ny the time i got to bb I was so damaged by drs who didnt have a clue. I have seen many 8mprovements. If you would like to set up a taper plan go to the home screen to and read through the different types off yaper plans. You need to go slow. I am holding at this time and an going to do a dlmt. When you decide ehat king of taper plan you want we a habe a maj named builder who will set one up for you. You can fo this and you will heal. ❤

Hi Alex,

As long as I have been on bb, it was only a couple weeks ago I read someone talking about side effects of the med itself and withdrawal symptoms.  It was a real eye opener for me, but connected a lot of dots. M

That was me Mary!

Hi Alex,

That was me Mary!

:D :D. Doesn't surprise me.  ;)