The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Well i read somewere about  about k and that it may not be soluble in milk. My bf asked to. So, of course i got worried. I have only been doing this for a couple weeks. So i just wanted to ask about it. I feel a little off. Made a cut some having some sx. So i guess it is working. Thank you for all your help. I guess we just do the best we can  :)

Sorry you are in a wave fh. I am feeling kind of off myself. I really am so sick of this. I worry alot too like you. It serms more since my cut. Maybe its chemical? I am so overwelmed with how long yhis takes. It can be very frightening and it makes me depressed. I hope your wave lifts soon. What a way to live in an alternaye univetse in windows and waves. Thats how it feels to me. ❤

Thank you.  I'm sorry you feel off too.  Yes, it's weird way to live in windows and waves. 

I hope you feel better tomorrow. 

I use whole full fat also and have for years. And I feel every cut very strongly.

It works for me, and I’m not changing that. Learned on the first KKKlub, where many used milk.

And I do prepare it daily.

You too. I feel different on liquid. Seems sedating or something and i take less. Im really lazy and spaced out. Still anxious but i have always been. I just get nervous bexause this whole experience has been so traumatic. I never want to feel the way i felt before again.

Hi colin,

I think i may go back to just cuttung and weighing my dose.  I feek really bad. Very trembling and my insides are rymblung and i cant think. Ver y anxious. I would ask my dr for liquid k but she has an attitude ans doesnt believe im in wd. Ugh. Ill be ok i think.

Has anyone tried a compounded suspension using almond oil?  I am considering trying with the new TEVA - having the pharmacy make it - my one concern is getting a correct dosage using a syringe; being able to microdose accurately with an oil substance.  I did not do well with vodka/water.  I am struggling now also with doing a dry microtaper with the TEVA ODTs (oral disentigrating tablets).  Cutting .004 mg every 4 days now as I have slowed down a bit.

I thought also about trying to do capsules compounded but i know many here have not had great luck with that. 

My absolute worst symptom right now is EXTREME hyperacusis.  All of my senses are heightened to the max but my ears are so sensitive, it's unbelieveable.  They continue to get worse.  Running water hurts my ears, normal talking voices hurt my ears as do many other benign sounds, doors closing make me jump, almost all noises cause a reaction.  My ears vibrate/jump.  Everything sounds like it's coming from a tin can or speaker and is very high pitched.  The tinnitus has become worse, especially in my left ear and I'm getting sharp/shooting pains from my left ear to my teeth. 

I have tried a couple of longer holds and slowing down the tapering, which I know is fast compared to some but I was in severe tolerance, very severe symptoms while holding at the lower dose for too long.  But the hyperacusis, which was "mild" before became extreme about 3 weeks after I switched over to the ODTs and started tapering and it's only gotten worse and worse over the last 8 weeks.  I don't have a choice but to continue to taper, because I'm not going to get better and I wasn't getting better but worse holding and I haven't improved one bit during holds.  But this is becoming unbearable and I want to try something different to see if it could make a difference.  When I switched to the ODTs and evenly spaced my doses, I did get rid of a few SX but the ones that replaced them are hell now. 

I'm praying for a true miracle to turn this around or get this to ease off some.  And praying for all of you as well as I know this is a true struggle for all.

Hi colin,

I think i may go back to just cuttung and weighing my dose.  I feek really bad. Very trembling and my insides are rymblung and i cant think. Ver y anxious. I would ask my dr for liquid k but she has an attitude ans doesnt believe im in wd. Ugh. Ill be ok i think.

That might be a more reliable method. Though, there are precautions you should take with this too. The active ingredient is not guaranteed to be spread evenly throughout a tablet (except across score lines). In fact, expect it to be uneven if not dividing along score lines. So, a better approach might to grind the pill and weigh it. Though, again, storage might be an issue (absorption of moisture, affecting weight and stability) - so don;t store it. Or, if you do, a sealed container (as small as possible), and keep it for no longer than necessary. It has even been suggested to me that non-absorbent lab paper should be used to avoid the potential for the active ingredient being absorbed into the paper. I have no idea if this is a significant risk/issue or not. And neither did the person who suggested it. Though, depending upon your method, you might avoid this issue altogether. Say, if all the ground ingredients were carefully tipped onto the scales straight from the pastel and mortar. You will probably need a small brush to sweep it all out too.

None of the above is meant to be definitive - I'm just thinking it through myself. And, as always, talk with your pharmacist.

Has anyone tried a compounded suspension using almond oil?  I am considering trying with the new TEVA - having the pharmacy make it - my one concern is getting a correct dosage using a syringe; being able to microdose accurately with an oil substance.  I did not do well with vodka/water.  I am struggling now also with doing a dry microtaper with the TEVA ODTs (oral disentigrating tablets).  Cutting .004 mg every 4 days now as I have slowed down a bit.

I thought also about trying to do capsules compounded but i know many here have not had great luck with that. 

My absolute worst symptom right now is EXTREME hyperacusis.  All of my senses are heightened to the max but my ears are so sensitive, it's unbelieveable.  They continue to get worse.  Running water hurts my ears, normal talking voices hurt my ears as do many other benign sounds, doors closing make me jump, almost all noises cause a reaction.  My ears vibrate/jump.  Everything sounds like it's coming from a tin can or speaker and is very high pitched.  The tinnitus has become worse, especially in my left ear and I'm getting sharp/shooting pains from my left ear to my teeth. 

I have tried a couple of longer holds and slowing down the tapering, which I know is fast compared to some but I was in severe tolerance, very severe symptoms while holding at the lower dose for too long.  But the hyperacusis, which was "mild" before became extreme about 3 weeks after I switched over to the ODTs and started tapering and it's only gotten worse and worse over the last 8 weeks.  I don't have a choice but to continue to taper, because I'm not going to get better and I wasn't getting better but worse holding and I haven't improved one bit during holds.  But this is becoming unbearable and I want to try something different to see if it could make a difference.  When I switched to the ODTs and evenly spaced my doses, I did get rid of a few SX but the ones that replaced them are hell now. 

I'm praying for a true miracle to turn this around or get this to ease off some.  And praying for all of you as well as I know this is a true struggle for all.

Hi MO7B,

I havent tried the oil route but as you know the compounding pills did not work for me because of the additional filled they added. 

I'm sorry you are suffering with hyperacusis. That sounds really hard, which I'm sure is an understatement.

I totally understand the feeling of praying for a miracle. I'm tapering slowly and have been in a horrible wave this past week.  Who knows why and that is just maddening. 

I am wishing you a lessening of your symtoms.  You have come a long way. 

FH

Has anyone tried a compounded suspension using almond oil?

Hello, there Mof7!  Good to hear from you.

I’m sorry to learn the homemade vodka/water liquid didn’t work for you.

That’s great that the ODTs along with evenly spacing out your doses helped ... at least for a while.

I have experience using a compounded suspension but it wasn’t made with almond oil.  It used a suspending agent compatible with clonazepam per a USP formulation.

Re: your question about using a syringe ...

With my compounded suspension, measuring accurate doses with the syringe was easy.  The compounding pharmacy gave me a high-quality 1mL oral syringe with graduations to 0.01 mL as well as a press-in adapter cap. As a mom, you probably already know this, but just in case not ... an adapter cap minimizes air bubbles.  It has a small opening into which you insert the tip of the syringe, then you invert the bottle and draw the liquid into the syringe.

Edit: Added response to OP’s question about syringes

As you all are far more aware than most, what we have to do to get off this stuff is insane. Libertas, I think you made this point eloquently elsewhere, about the need for sound, safe, and effective doses for tapering.

How is someone with akathisia or arthritis supposed to do thi?  From a purely practical point, finding a way for everyone to come down in a controlled and safe manner seems like job #1. It might be the most asked question (other than “is this a symptom”) on this board.

And as cool as ordering tapering strips from holland is, that has its own problems, though they may be minor. I’m actually surprised no healed bb ever started a companyin the US like

https://www.taperingstrip.org

. That’s how the Dutch guy (Groot?) got started; had trouble coming off something.

I show up here and there my friend.

Today, I feel pretty good. Tomorrow may be another story. My oft said statement: “we shall see.”

Good to see you too. 🌸

And I am always heartened to see you and your “light” when you do, my friend.  I’m doing a happy dance that you had a “pretty good” day today.  L

Hi colin,

That might be a more reliable method. Though, there are precautions you should take with this too. The active ingredient is not guaranteed to be spread evenly throughout a tablet (except across score lines). In fact, expect it to be uneven if not dividing along score lines. So, a better approach might to grind the pill and weigh it. Though, again, storage might be an issue (absorption of moisture, affecting weight and stability) - so don;t store it. Or, if you do, a sealed container (as small as possible), and keep it for no longer than necessary. It has even been suggested to me that non-absorbent lab paper should be used to avoid the potential for the active ingredient being absorbed into the paper. I have no idea if this is a significant risk/issue or not. And neither did the person who suggested it. Though, depending upon your method, you might avoid this issue altogether. Say, if all the ground ingredients were carefully tipped onto the scales straight from the pastel and mortar. You will probably need a small brush to sweep it all out too.

None of the above is meant to be definitive - I'm just thinking it through myself. And, as always, talk with your pharmacist.

Thanks Colin!

I am feeling better than I was. I have lost my musce pain and most nerve pain. Now eye sx appeared. Oh yay. Went into a dep. Usually im pretty positive. I have been weighing my dose for now vecause im holding for a.  bit. I cant make a decision. I keep changing my mind. This whole thing is more complex than i thought. I wish i could get liqid k but i heard they dont make in the use. I dont know about vodka because im a rec alcoholic. I think there us alcohol in the liquid k and v too. I dont know if that woyld be an issue. Ahhh. Maybe prop glycol is better. The pharmacists were not very helpful. My psych is clueless. She never agrees with me on benzos. I wish i was a scientist..lol. thank you so much for your support.  :)

And as MO7B knows I came off using compounded capsules. We're all different and have to find what works best for us unfortunately through trial and error.

I know how different we all are and it's so strange.  Thanks everyone.  This extreme hyperacusis is nothing short of hell, and I've had to send my children away, trying to figure out a solution to cope/manage but I haven't found one because of the severity and nerve issues in my left canal.

nolongeranxiousbut are you a highly sensitive individual? To stuff like vitamins, timing of day you took your other dose, other meds, etc?  I am considering the capsules also, though I know they didn't work for Final, and part of me is scared to make another switch and to have to decrease by larger amounts each time.  The only compounding pharmacy I found nearby that does the capsules, they charge about a good bit for each batch, whether you order 10 pills or 30.  Congrats to you on getting off as well.  Any issues?  It sounds like you had a relatively good taper from start to finish so that's not to be my experience.  I just am attempting to find ways to tone down a few of these grand-daddy symptoms, if possible.

Final, was the compounding pharmacy that you worked with able to more affordably do a microtaper with the capsules?  I don't even know that this would even be helpful but I must look at solutions here.  Also, I saw that you take magnesium glycinate.  I used to take it long ago.  Sounds like it helps you?  I know this isn't the alternative solutions board but I'm considering trying it again but wasn't sure if it messed with the GABA receptors.  I keep finding conflicting info.  Can I ask which brand you take?  I have always had issues with stuff in capsules upsetting my stomach so I am a little leary of trying compounding and some supplements.

Thanks Libertas about the info on the bottle - I hadn't really thought of that.  Do you know what it was about the formula that caused you issues?  You are having pretty good luck with your own titration solution, yes?  I found the idea with the almond oil on-line but the pharmacy that the company who suggested it uses is out of business.  A local pharmacy said that they could do it, though.  Honestly, I don't see why one couldn't do it themselves if you were careful enough and had the materials. 

I agree that it's insane what we have to go through for this.  I really feel like this is killing me at times.  Why can't they make K in much lower doses than Valium and even with Valium, they should make 1 mg tablets.  The .125 ODTs, again, I think they only helped in that they spaced out the timing, looking back. 

I'm not sure but I'm suffering even more now.  Just when I think it can't get worse, it really does for me.  I know many can relate and I'm truly sorry.

Do you know what it was about the formula that caused you issues?  You are having pretty good luck with your own titration solution, yes? 

Hello again MO7B.  I was clueless when I tried the compounded suspension.  Important things I did not know at the time included: what questions to ask to determine if a compounding pharmacy has the necessary equipment, expertise, and experience to prepare a compounded suspension of my particular benzodiazepine; the importance of using a USP Compounded Preparation Monograph; making sure the compounder used the same generic I had been using.  However, I now believe the root cause of my issues was my taper rate.  My well-meaning but clueless pdoc at the time thought it would be AOK to reduce 10% every 10 days and then jump after I used up all liquid in the first bottle - OUCH!  (Another contributing factor may have been that I did not know it was important to allow myself 10 days or so to determine how I reacted to the suspension before making reductions.)

Unfortunately, no. I had issues with the homemade liquid. 

I agree. This is the most confusing drug to come of of. I am holding and i still have no idea what im going to do. Most likley liquid because if you cut who know if you are getting enough active ingredient. Its also haed tobdo this complex stuff when your in the condition we are. I am sorry about your hypercusis mo7b. Could you try earplugs for a while till it goes away. Sorry to hear everyone struggling. I always feel shaky. I cant really walk aroun the house because it makes it worse. The only place i feel normal is laying on.my bed. So weird? I wish i new what it was. It reels terrible. I did see something on utube by nenzobrains about using almond oil. I am pretty sure that is what she did. Feel better everyone.  :smitten:

Final, was the compounding pharmacy that you worked with able to more affordably do a microtaper with the capsules?  I don't even know that this would even be helpful but I must look at solutions here.  Also, I saw that you take magnesium glycinate.  I used to take it long ago.  Sounds like it helps you?  I know this isn't the alternative solutions board but I'm considering trying it again but wasn't sure if it messed with the GABA receptors.  I keep finding conflicting info.  Can I ask which brand you take?  I have always had issues with stuff in capsules upsetting my stomach so I am a little leary of trying compounding and some supplements.

Hi MO7B,

It was more expensive to use the compunding pharmacy though they did run part of it though my insurance.  The last compunding pharmacy I used was Johnsons Compunding in Massachusetts.  They will answer question about compunding your pills.  The other compounding pharmacy I used was one called Millers Pharmacy in NJ.  Also will answer questions and run the prescription through whatever your insurance will cover. 

The magnesium I use is Magnesium gylcinate and the brand I use is Doctors Best.  I have used it during my prior taper and just kept using it for this one. I dont use along and often will bite little pieces off during the day and at night when I wake up.  I'm sensitive to supplements and have has no issue with it.

I'm suffering quite a bit right now and worry will not stabilize after this horrible wave or ever get off this medication.  My main symptoms are depression and grief.