Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

I take 2 mg morning 2 mg afternoon and 1mg at bedtime. I cut down to 1.75mg for morning dose and left the rest the same

Hello, S8490! 

Do I have your numbers right?

You were taking a total daily dose of 5 mg (2 + 2 + 1).

You reduced your morning 2 mg dose to 1.75 mg. 

So, your new (reduced) daily dose was 4.75 mg (1.75 + 2 + 1)

4.75 divided by 5 = .95 so you made a 5% reduction.

Yes, Sky. This percentage is correct. I made an error in my calculations.

However, it still may be too much  for you. A .25 mg reduction is 5% of your total daily dose. It would still help to know what method you used to make this reduction.

My internet connection went down this morning so I could not get back to you until later today, and by then, you were offline yourself. I hope that tomorrow you see this post, and perhaps your anxiety and panic attacks have settled some. Then you tell us what method you used to make this reduction.

Although some may be able to make bigger cuts on higher doses in the beginning of a taper as NJstrength mentioned, everyone is different so that may or may not apply to you. It is probably better to start out slow and small as far as the taper cuts and see how you feel before you make a larger cut.

5% of your daily dose may still be too much for your CNS to handle.

Just a quick update. Day 9 of being off and no withdrawal symptoms. Best wishes for everyone tapering.

Congratulations. That is so awesome!

Just a quick update. Day 9 of being off and no withdrawal symptoms. Best wishes for everyone tapering.

Thank you for sharing this most excellent news with us, NLAB. I’ve read that it takes 3 - 5 half-lives for a drug to be eliminated from our bodies. Depending on the estimate used for clonazepam’s half-life and individual metabolism, that can be in the range of  4 to 10 days.  So you’ve reached the point where you are “drug free.”  Way to go!!!

I take 2 mg morning 2 mg afternoon and 1mg at bedtime. I cut down to 1.75mg for morning dose and left the rest the same

Hello again, S8490.  I hope you’ll check in today.  Intend, NJS, and Final have offered great suggestions and asked important questions.  Please do let us know what method you used to make your reduction.

Also, I looked through your previous posts and see that you’ve been on clonazepam/Klonopin for 15 years.  So, I agree with Intend, it’s possible that a 5% reduction was too much for you (also, depending on the method you used to make your reduction, your actual reduction may have been higher/lower - that’s why we keep asking you about your method :)).

nolongeranxiousbut,

Thanks for letting us know. Best wishes to you.

I'm cutting a .5 pill in half and taking a 1 mg pill and a full.5 making the morning dose 1.75. I dont know where to start with any other kind of taper as this is what my doctor and pharmacist recommended I'm feeling anxious lethargic and detached but I'm also a very anxious person so I dont know, feeling discouraged but I want to persevere so bad

nolongeranxiousbut,

Thanks for letting us know. Best wishes to you.

So good to hear.  Do you have your history or a log of how you tapered?  I may have asked this before so bear with me.

I'm cutting a .5 pill in half and taking a 1 mg pill and a full.5 making the morning dose 1.75. I dont know where to start with any other kind of taper as this is what my doctor and pharmacist recommended I'm feeling anxious lethargic and detached but I'm also a very anxious person so I dont know, feeling discouraged but I want to persevere so bad

Good to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your method.  I’m no expert, but given where you are dose-wise, a direct taper via pill-splitting seems like a sensible choice to me.

Is it possible that your anxiety over tapering (which is completely understandable and quite common) is a factor here?  Can you hold on a little longer at your current reduced dose to see if your symptoms calm down?

Although it may not seem like it now, you have several factors working in your favor!  First and foremost, you have indicated that you have a strong desire to taper.  Second, you have both a physician and a pharmacist who are willing to help you do so. Third, you are taking multiple daily doses (this helps keep the amount of clonazepam in your system at a steady state so the possibility of interdose withdrawal is minimized).

Do you have your history or a log of how you tapered? 

All the dates/amounts are in my profile signature. Cut/hold with compounded Teva capsules. I only ever used Teva.

Thanks all for the good thoughts.

If cutting the .5 pill in half is too much you can quarter it instead and drop by .125 instead of .5. I really feel that at your dosage the cuts don't need to be that exact (you likely don't need a scale yet), but this may help the drops easier to manage. You can use a razor blade to get them to that quarter rather than half size you need. I hope you feel better.

Hi, I have been holding my k taper for a month and suddenly felt very dizzy, I do have my cycle but I had horrible abdominal pain, last night and today I hardly ate and very bad dp/dr off balance had to go buy med. and I thought I was going to pass out, didn't, had something to eat also tongue lips , feel kind of numb... any advice ?I feel terrible

Hi, I have been holding my k taper for a month and suddenly felt very dizzy, I do have my cycle but I had horrible abdominal pain, last night and today I hardly ate and very bad dp/dr off balance had to go buy med. and I thought I was going to pass out, didn't, had something to eat also tongue lips , feel kind of numb... any advice ?I feel terrible

I'm sorry you are feeling so badly.  I have not had that experience but it almost sounds like an allergic reaction to something.

I do get nausea pretty often and sometimes its related to what I eat. 

Can you track back to something you ate or drank? 

Hey all,

What day after a cut do you start to feel somewhat leveled out? I'm on day 6 and anxiety seems to be peaking, wondering if it's going to get worse or better?

Thank you for any advice

Hey all,

What day after a cut do you start to feel somewhat leveled out? I'm on day 6 and anxiety seems to be peaking, wondering if it's going to get worse or better?

Thank you for any advice

I think everyone's pattern is different and it's good to start tracking yours. I cut on Sunday and had a horrible day yesterday, which I hope was a peak in symptoms. 

Are you doing a cut and hold taper?  I'd so, you are going to start noticing more and more when the worst symtoms hit and then when you stabilize. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was prescribed .25 K about 14 months ago for anxiety due to my mom passing away, then I got a terrible intestinal infection and thought I would surely die from that. Welll, obviously I didn't but was left with PTSD and severe health anxiety. I only took this small dose daily for 4 months then cut it in half without realizing what would happen. I then found BB and started tapering from the original .25 last year. I have only got down to .18 in a years time and have now hit a big wall.

I have been holding at this dose for 3 months and am getting worse and worse. I am thinking I am in tolerance but not exactly sure. I have terrible stomach and intestinal issues, tinnitus, nausea, palpitations, etc. Most of you know all about these symptoms.

When I had the intestinal issues I went to 89 lbs. and have gradually gained 8 lbs. Now I am having a hard time eating, but the intestinal and stomach pain are horrendous. This has become worse the longer I have held.

All that to ask this: I need opinions as to what I could do now. Do you think I should updose and try to stabilize or continue holding hoping this will get better. I really want to taper down but just can't face it at the moment. Oh by the way I was dry cutting with a scale, going by pill weight. I tried DLMT with milk last year and had to go back to dry. I thought I could try again using Prop Glycol but could nut tolerate the PG at all. I just bought some vodka thinking I might try that next, but my stomach is so bad I am a bit concerned. I have not tolerated alcohol well in the past but I am willing to try.

Anyway I would appreciate any advice. Thank you all.

Butter

Hello,

I was prescribed .25 K about 14 months ago for anxiety due to my mom passing away, then I got a terrible intestinal infection and thought I would surely die from that. Welll, obviously I didn't but was left with PTSD and severe health anxiety. I only took this small dose daily for 4 months then cut it in half without realizing what would happen. I then found BB and started tapering from the original .25 last year. I have only got down to .18 in a years time and have now hit a big wall.

I have been holding at this dose for 3 months and am getting worse and worse. I am thinking I am in tolerance but not exactly sure. I have terrible stomach and intestinal issues, tinnitus, nausea, palpitations, etc. Most of you know all about these symptoms.

When I had the intestinal issues I went to 89 lbs. and have gradually gained 8 lbs. Now I am having a hard time eating, but the intestinal and stomach pain are horrendous. This has become worse the longer I have held.

All that to ask this: I need opinions as to what I could do now. Do you think I should updose and try to stabilize or continue holding hoping this will get better. I really want to taper down but just can't face it at the moment. Oh by the way I was dry cutting with a scale, going by pill weight. I tried DLMT with milk last year and had to go back to dry. I thought I could try again using Prop Glycol but could nut tolerate the PG at all. I just bought some vodka thinking I might try that next, but my stomach is so bad I am a bit concerned. I have not tolerated alcohol well in the past but I am willing to try.

Butter

Hi Butter,

I'm sorry its been such a tough time for you.  I too am having to go super slow and I understand it can be frustrating.  I could not handle the PG as well when I was tapering Lamictal. I am dry cutting my Clonzapam with a scale.

It seems like your instinct is saying the vodka may irritate your stomach.  I'm not sure what to advise you in terms of updosing. 

Since you can't seem to face cutting  (and believe me, I understand that feeling), can you not make any changes for the next couple of days and then see what you want to do based on how you feel?

You can also find the updose support group and pose the question there. 

Is there anything else around the intestinal symtoms that you feel you need to explore more?  I have experienced nausea off and on and have not appetite but I'm not in the constant pain that you describe.  I use alka seltzer gold for the nausea and ginger tea but that might not be enough for you.

Please let us know what you decide. 

Hi I have been holding and I decide yesterday to make a small cut bc I had increased sxs not in good shape, low fever and body aches double vision off balance to name the most annoying ones... what r your thoughts?

Hi I have been holding and I decide yesterday to make a small cut bc I had increased sxs not in good shape, low fever and body aches double vision off balance to name the most annoying ones... what r your thoughts?

I think that how you feel after the cut will be your gauge.  I too just made a cut after not feeling great and today I feel some relief.  I'm am doing a symtoms based taper with holds. 

What dose are you at and how much did you cut?  It also helps to keep track on a daily basis on how you feel.  I printed out a blank monthly calendar and I make little notes on sleep, mood, and doses.  I also make note when I cut and rate the day from 1-10.

That's just my system.

I also started a progress log here on BB at the suggestion of someone. You can find the place to start one on the home page. I dont write in it every day but that's another way to track.

On last thing, I recently have been trying to separate out what the side effects of the medication are verses wirhdrawal symtoms.  For example, a side effect of Klonipin is depression and I have struggled with that quite a bit during my very slow tape. I'm hoping as I get lower, that particular symptom will lift because there is less medication in my system.

Hello,

Butter

Butter, I had a lot of stomach issues while tapering and is one of many reasons I am holding now and updosed. I found adding remeron to be a lifesaver with both my GI issues and with sleep. If you are interested in a medication that may help you actually get off the K, and you are at a low dose and haven't been on so long so if I were you my priority would be to get off, a low dose 3.75 mg might help. The bonus for you is that most people gain weight on the drug. Many seem to find it easier to taper from. Just a thought. And probably a good idea to have all the GI issues professionally checked.

I think that how you feel after the cut will be your gauge.  I too just made a cut after not feeling great and today I feel some relief.  I'm am doing a symtoms based taper with holds. 

What dose are you at and how much did you cut?  It also helps to keep track on a daily basis on how you feel.  I printed out a blank monthly calendar and I make little notes on sleep, mood, and doses.  I also make note when I cut and rate the day from 1-10.

That's just my system.

I also started a progress log here on BB at the suggestion of someone. You can find the place to start one on the home page. I dont write in it every day but that's another way to track.

On last thing, I recently have been trying to separate out what the side effects of the medication are verses wirhdrawal symtoms.  For example, a side effect of Klonipin is depression and I have struggled with that quite a bit during my very slow tape. I'm hoping as I get lower, that particular symptom will lift because there is less medication in my system.

that's great FH, oh I have been depressed bc of the wd it has ruined my life for the moment not to mention the no validation..i had to wd bc of tolerance my cut was of 3.5%... yes i hope too the lower I get the better i feel.. im t 0.27 from 0.5 k  and you?

That's just my system.

that's great FH, oh I have been depressed bc of the wd it has ruined my life for the moment not to mention the no validation..i had to wd bc of tolerance my cut was of 3.5%... yes i hope too the lower I get the better i feel.. im t 0.27 from 0.5 k  and you?

You are getting there.  I'm  down to 0.540 from .625. 

I've had ti fo so slowly due to being pollydrugged.

Today I'm having a small window and it's a relief after a stretch of hard days.

Hello,

Butter

Butter, I had a lot of stomach issues while tapering and is one of many reasons I am holding now and updosed. I found adding remeron to be a lifesaver with both my GI issues and with sleep. If you are interested in a medication that may help you actually get off the K, and you are at a low dose and haven't been on so long so if I were you my priority would be to get off, a low dose 3.75 mg might help. The bonus for you is that most people gain weight on the drug. Many seem to find it easier to taper from. Just a thought. And probably a good idea to have all the GI issues professionally checked.

Hello,

Butter

NJ, thanks for the reply. I have an appointment with GI specialist on Mon. I have had quite a few tests done the past year and half since I had the c-diff. I had to have a stool transplant which my body tried to reject and that made me more sick and also all of it left me with severe post infectious ibs and visceral hypersensitivity. I have had intestinal pain every day since then, but since tapering the pain has been magnified by about 10. The last few weeks have been so severe that sometimes I just sit or lay and sweat, the pain is so bad. The nausea is severe now too.

I don't want to lose any weight as I was told if I went below 90 lbs again I might need to be hospitalized for intravenous feeding(yikes). I certainly don't want that.

I am going to hold on for a few more days and not updose yet and see what happens. Today hasn't been too bad so we will see.

That's just my system.

You are getting there.  I'm  down to 0.540 from .625. 

I've had ti fo so slowly due to being pollydrugged.

Today I'm having a small window and it's a relief after a stretch of hard days.

I was also pollydruged I was ct from paxil after 4 months and from there I started with depression and anxiety and I listened to the Dr. I am on celexa 5mg and now 0.27  K 

Im nervous bc the AD was stimulating and was not able to go up and another site said to taper the AD bc of sleep but the benzo I felt I should get rid of.. I thought to hold and taper the ad later on but Im to symptomatic, any thoughts?