The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Thank you! So I’m safe in reducing.002 for a month then recalculate?

You're welcome, good luck with it!

Yeah, it will stay fairly close to 10%/2 weeks for the first month.  By month 2, shaving off .002 per day would put you at 12.6-14.4% decrease every 2 weeks.  So each month, as your total dose decreases, you need to shave less per day (or even every other day) in order to hit a 10% target. 

I'm doing 3% per month, cause my body is wrecked.  So if you need help, let me know, I'll be around.

Just popping into say I'm doing around 3% a month too because my body has been though the ringer.  Glad I'm not the only one.

Hey good to meet you.  Too bad the circumstances aren't a bit better. ;I

Very true.  We are making progress no matter what. 

Final, olive oil burns my throat.  I am praying this helps some.  I am in such dire straights right now, but I know I just have to push through b/c it's so bad and I don't believe I will heal until off.  I tried to hold a week, tried to go slow but little to no help.  But even still, many months ahead of me.

It would be .1 mg to 1 ML is what I'm thinking but she thought this was too dilute but I don't care.

Hi MO7B,

I forgot to mention that I have never done well with oral

disentegrating tablets even the first time I was on Clomzapam.  There was something about how they were made that didnt work well in my system.  Because of that, unless I switch to a liquiid of some kind. I probably will be using my hard tablets all the way down if I can.

If you are sensitive, you may be reacting to how they are made as well. 

Final, I also wonder that as well.  It seems like they may be processing through my system quickly or something or perhaps I am even reacting to the aspartame?  It's very hard for me to know what is just WD and what is possibly the actual medication.  Do you remember your reaction?  Was it the same reaction that you had with the capsules?

Do you only dose 1X per day, Final?  I am dosing 3X per day and so with the hard tablets, it makes it hard.  I was only 1X per day but once I went into acute, I had to spread it out.  I had definitely been getting severe I/D withdrawals on 1X per day but now, it just seems like w/d all the time so I don't even know.  With only Activas (not great), Sandoz (which I haven't tried), and Accord (did nothing for me at all), I'm not that thrilled about these. 

I also am on a couple of other meds, unfortunately and was for years.....who knows what impact.

Final, I also wonder that as well.  It seems like they may be processing through my system quickly or something or perhaps I am even reacting to the aspartame?  It's very hard for me to know what is just WD and what is possibly the actual medication.  Do you remember your reaction?  Was it the same reaction that you had with the capsules?

Do you only dose 1X per day, Final?  I am dosing 3X per day and so with the hard tablets, it makes it hard.  I was only 1X per day but once I went into acute, I had to spread it out.  I had definitely been getting severe I/D withdrawals on 1X per day but now, it just seems like w/d all the time so I don't even know.  With only Activas (not great), Sandoz (which I haven't tried), and Accord (did nothing for me at all), I'm not that thrilled about these. 

I also am on a couple of other meds, unfortunately and was for years.....who knows what impact.

It was similar to the reaction I had wirh the capsules.  I felt itchy and kinda sick.  I didn't feel I metabolized them the same way to di the regular tablets.  If there is aspartame in them, I definitely would respond to that.  I felt my body couldnt process them as well.

I dose 3x a day but it is not even amounts.  Less in the morning. Slightly more in the afternoon and my heaviest dose at night.  When I start tapering again, I will concentrate more on the bedtime dose to try and get things more balanced.  I still dont know whether I will taper across all doses to the end or eliminate one at a time. 

I've mentioned this here before because I had ot pointed out to me.  Besides withdrawal symtoms,  these meds also have side effects.  I'm just above .5mgs, which is equivalent to about 8-10mgs of valium.  I experience many of the side effects such as depresson and fatigue.  I was also told those can start to lift as I get lower.

So some of what we experience is the impact of the medication itself. 

I also understand the issues with the brand changes as well.  I use the Solco brand because the switched me on my second plinth on benzos and I decided to stay with it.  I have to have my psychiatrist ask for it specifically each time.

The way she spoke, she did say that people use it a lot for titration but I don't believe that most that are tapering are quite as sensitive as many of us on here. 

I can't tolerate anything acidic and most pharmacists use an agent such as oraplus which would burn my throat...I do have concerns if I'm honest about the "shelf" life/stability of going this route but I feel like I need to try it.

I haven't followed all this but jumping in to say that I did try a professionally compounded liquid early on and it was a horror show. I don't know what was used for the liquid component ... I didn't know to ask ... but I went into severe acute almost immediately and went back to the pills for a dry taper. I know others have had the same experience with professionally compounded K (and others haven't--I hope it works for you).

So if you get worse right away, you will know what the issue is.

Final - the depression is definitely the klonopin, and just knowing you are in a bad situation being on it and the fears that it brings.  Since I started tapering and went into acute, something lifted in my brain and I could "feel" again - too much, honestly and it's overwhelming.

NJStrength, thank you.  Yes, I had that reaction doing a DLMT with vodka/water, unfortunately.  Most pharmacies use oraplus.  I was hoping that in "oil", it may be something to slow down the digestion of the medication versus a liquid, which seems to cause me to metabolize it more quickly.  Also, most compounding pharmacies that use oraplus crush the tablets instead of getting the powder directly (according to this pharmacist).  I agree - I will not give it long if I feel like I am tanking.  I am already in severe acute but I know that things can always get worse.  I told my doctor I wanted to try it but that if I reacted badly to it, I didn't want to be stuck. 

Final - the depression is definitely the klonopin, and just knowing you are in a bad situation being on it and the fears that it brings.  Since I started tapering and went into acute, something lifted in my brain and I could "feel" again - too much, honestly and it's overwhelming.

NJStrength, thank you.  Yes, I had that reaction doing a DLMT with vodka/water, unfortunately.  Most pharmacies use oraplus.  I was hoping that in "oil", it may be something to slow down the digestion of the medication versus a liquid, which seems to cause me to metabolize it more quickly.  Also, most compounding pharmacies that use oraplus crush the tablets instead of getting the powder directly (according to this pharmacist).  I agree - I will not give it long if I feel like I am tanking.  I am already in severe acute but I know that things can always get worse.  I told my doctor I wanted to try it but that if I reacted badly to it, I didn't want to be stuck.

Yes, the Klonipin depression is awful.  I cry every day about my life.  Cant access much happiness but the tears flow very easily.  Dont always feel relief after but I cry anyway.  I think sometimes they are tears of anger and tears of sadness. 

Getting myself prepared to cut again this weekend. Am going to try for a cut every two weeks to see if I can handle that. 

I understand the fear you mention, it is always there and even though I read about it lifting in the success stories, it's hard to believe. 

Good for you for advocating what you need with your doctor. Do you find your doctor supportive?  Mine is just a prescriber who is really guilty about putting me on a benzo.  We rarely speak.

We are all courageous people who are fighting back against these medications.  I have to believe that the brain and body will heal. 

This is a new doctor and she is supportive but she is a med pusher and more meds have made me sicker in the past.  I still have not yet heard back as far as the compounding request and whether she is willing.  If she is not, I may have to get a new doctor.  She originally said she would do what she could to help me but I am feeling less that way now.  She seems to be very concerned about her reputation and prescribing benzos.  So I don't know if this is gonna work out.  I'm truly in agony though, especially with this severe hyperacusis, akathisia and interdose withdrawals. 

This is a new doctor and she is supportive but she is a med pusher and more meds have made me sicker in the past.  I still have not yet heard back as far as the compounding request and whether she is willing.  If she is not, I may have to get a new doctor.  She originally said she would do what she could to help me but I am feeling less that way now.  She seems to be very concerned about her reputation and prescribing benzos.  So I don't know if this is gonna work out.  I'm truly in agony though, especially with this severe hyperacusis, akathisia and interdose withdrawals.

I'm am sorry that you are suffering.  I really empathize with you because of the sensitivity issue we both have. 

I'm hoping you can work with the compounding pharmacy and that it helps lift this for you.  How soon after you take your doses to you start feeling the interdose withdrawal?

When I take my doses. I feel like a lead balloon about an hour or so later except at night where I have a lot of anxiety around sleep. 

The med really does nothing for me any longer - it's not even sedating at all.  I used to only dose 1X per day but had to move to 3X.  I am getting I/D withdrawal severe symptoms about 2-3 hours before each dose usually.  Keep in mind I was on a much higher dose, reduced and held (not knowing about tolerance w/d) so that is likely why I am so bad off.  I should have kept tapering and just slowed down. 

The med really does nothing for me any longer - it's not even sedating at all.  I used to only dose 1X per day but had to move to 3X.  I am getting I/D withdrawal severe symptoms about 2-3 hours before each dose usually.  Keep in mind I was on a much higher dose, reduced and held (not knowing about tolerance w/d) so that is likely why I am so bad off.  I should have kept tapering and just slowed down.

You feel the long hold did not work for you? I have wavered back and forth but feel I just want to keep going. 

Have you heard anything back regarding the compunding? 

No, the long hold of 6 months threw me into severe tolerance.  I never should have held, EVER.  One of my biggest regrets through all of this, though there are many.  But don't compare yourself to me.  Others have held and have been fine or done better. 

Hi everyone!

I see we all still are feeling crapoy and thats an unferstatement.  :tickedoff:

Have any of you guys taken a green 1 mg clonz teva 833?

Mine were always yellow. I have taken the stupid crap forever. Ofcourse, the pres I just picked up is green. Is this a bad thing. Feei called the pharmacy and they said it was the same thing and that is what they have now. I am kind of nervous.

Hello, D.  I’m sorry to learn about the “surprise” change in your generic. If you have not already done so, you might want to read through recent posts to the Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group.  Several members have posted about the 1mg new/old Teva’s as well and the new/old 0.5mg Teva’s.  Another member has shared links to two similar discussions on drugs.com.

Here’s a link to the current last post on the thread (it won’t remain the last post for long - this has been an active thread - so be sure to read both “backwards” and “forwards” if you visit).

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204645.msg2956861#msg2956861

Thanks libertas!

I really appreciate it. I am going to take a look at it. I hope you are having a good day. Again, really appreciate you help  :smitten:

No, the long hold of 6 months threw me into severe tolerance.  I never should have held, EVER.  One of my biggest regrets through all of this, though there are many.  But don't compare yourself to me.  Others have held and have been fine or done better.

Though I am often confused about tolerance, I will probably keep going. 

New here and looking into microtapering to get started.  I see people use vodka?  It's very confusing with my benzo brain.  I guess I better get focused!

New here and looking into microtapering to get started.  I see people use vodka?  It's very confusing with my benzo brain.  I guess I better get focused!

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to BB and the Klonipin Klub2. 

If you got to the home page and look under titration plans, you can make a post requesting help for a liquid taper.  People will be very helpful in getting you started.  And remember there are many different ways to taper.  Start with the one you want and see how it goes. 

You can also go to your profile page and create a medication signature so that people know your med history; dosage and length of time you have been on the medication. 

FH

Hi Jordan,

If you got to the home page and look under titration plans, you can make a post requesting help for a liquid taper.  People will be very helpful in getting you started.  And remember there are many different ways to taper.  Start with the one you want and see how it goes. 

You can also go to your profile page and create a medication signature so that people know your med history; dosage and length of time you have been on the medication. 

FH

Thanks FH!  I'll check out the titration section.  It's all very overwhelming, but it's good to be around people who are going thru the same thing.  I hope to learn enough to feel comfortable(ish) before I get started.

Hi Jordan,

FH

Thanks FH!  I'll check out the titration section.  It's all very overwhelming, but it's good to be around people who are going thru the same thing.  I hope to learn enough to feel comfortable(ish) before I get started.

I understand.  It is good to get a sense of how you want to taper.

I hold onto and read the success stories many times.  So many have gotten off before us. 

Need emotional support.

Take .5 up to 1 MG clonazap. Per day.

Mostly for sleep. 0.5 MG for sleep

For 4 months. Tapered 5% last night.

I feel fear. Feel sleep not possible

without it now.

Need emotional support.

Take .5 up to 1 MG clonazap. Per day.

Mostly for sleep. 0.5 MG for sleep  in

For 4 months. Tapered 5% last night.

I feel fear. Feel sleep not possible

without it now.

healthy,    a 5% cut is an excellent starting point. A lot of us took that first step and by going slow the tapering process is manageable.  Just know the brain/body will be adjusting during the taper and often brings on sleep issues.  Originally I was getting 3 hours of sleep/night and was thankful - by practicing gratitude I was thankful for those 3 hours.  Now I'm sleeping 4 to 5 hours/night and I'm more grateful.  Regarding the shortness of breath, personally I've not experienced that one, but various member experience different symptoms.  It helps to read in detail the Ashton Manual - https://www.benzo.org.uk/  .  You'll find some extremely useful information regarding benzos. tapering, w'd and so much more.  When it comes to tapering, there is no "one size fits all" and Dr. Ashton recognizes how unique to experience is to each patient.

Healthy, shortness of breath is a common withdrawal symptom for many, but if you have a symptom that scares you, never hesitate to see a Dr.  Peace of mind can mean a lot.  Also, if you could fill out your signature in your profile, it will help us understand the whole picture.  Thanks, Mary 💜