Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Wow, Daisies!!!  :)

What a wonderful post...I SO needed to read this today.  I am beyond happy for you...  I know things aren't perfect, not 100%...actually who IS EVER 100% in life??  But you are regaining your health, your strength and your optimism.  Wonderful to hear.  You will figure out your living situation...baby steps...sounds like your sister is really there for you as you would be for her. 

THANK YOU for taking the time to write today.  Of all days....

This is a most difficult day for me, buddies....I need to remember that the self doubt and worry that things are irrevocably altered for me, my personality, my outlook, my sense of well being..that this frightening wave is temporary and will recede and maybe disappear soon.....  ???  And that the negative thinking is a lie ----I may have repeated this already but there is a buddy who posted a success story recently who said:  "believe the WINDOWS not the waves..."

So, Daisies, and everyone....be well and thanks for reminding me that it does get better and better.

Mana  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hugs Mana, you are not alone.  Waves cover us with lies, distort our reality.  Windows shine brightly on our truth.  That warm, peaceful, and familiar feeling is waiting for all of us.

Thinking of you!

Hugs,  :hug:

TRY

Morning all,

Try,

I hope that you stabilize soon and will be able to resume tapering again.

Lizgal,

I welcome you and hope that you stabilize soon. I  think that we can all agree that the mornings are rough.I'm not sure whom suggested my input as I consider myself with somewhat knowledgable.There are people here that can give you far better suggestions than me.Ipray for everyone here daily.

BStrong,

I hope that your akathesia gets better. I'm so sorry that you and others are dealing with this.

Mana,I have been having the benzo lies in the waves. I hate them and try to be more positve.It is so hard some days.I try to think of my life after this is done and getting another job.Right now I'm grieving the teaching profession and it has been really hard because I know that I can't handle the stress anymore of teaching. Iam trying to put my job situation in God's hands because I wantto work again .

To Can Do,Bets,Bennie, Maya,Nomo, Liberty, Clona,Burned,NewGirl,KGirl, Coyote,WR,FOD, and anyone else that I've missed,I wish you a decent day.

Nomo, Are you doing ok? Haven't seen you here.

As for me, I'm hanging in there. Just a lot of grief over not working.I'm trying to fill my day with purposeful activities.This is really hard.

Gilster

WOOHOO!  Way to go Burned, KK Warrior!!!!!!  Welcome to the other side my friend!  :highfive:

f8bc0443f031df2cdc226fd6bb107f4e.jpg

http://beflowerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/bouquet-of-flowers-2902198-a-womans-hand-is-holding-a-bouquet-of-flowers-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello K Klubbers,

It's inspiring to know that so many people are doing well off K, and recovery is progressing. From memory, that is Clona, Kgirl, Daisies (thanks for the update!), WR. Ever, Ninja. There are many others who are healing on BB, and many who have who have slipped away to live their lives.

For those who just finished their tapers, it can be rough making the transition. But time is a healer. Burned and New girl, hang tight.

I include myself in recovery, with some major sticking points—gross pain, intermittent inner vibration. Now I can try different approaches to help me along—nutritional, supplemental, PT—whereas in withdrawal it was a mixed bag of sensitivities and positive outcomes.

At present I'm sleeping on a mattress topper on the floor and it feels better than my bed. So it's got to go. That seems to be the case for much in my life since jumping: exorcise what is unnecessary and doesn't work or fit anymore—beliefs, habits, things, relationships. Nature abhors a vacuum, so I'm making space for what does work. Withdrawal was a huge dose of acceptance; stagnation prevails without it. What remains is neither good nor bad. I feel grounded. I'm OK whatever happens.

CD, Nomo, Gilster, Bstrong, coyote, my mana, newcomers—thing of you all with much kindness and hope.

Bennie

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted give a little intro about myself.  I've been on klonopin for 26 years.  I've gone almost off 7X and didn't really understand withdrawal until the time before this one.  I'm down to .30mg/day right now, doing a liquid taper that I just started at .375mg/day.  I get a lot of physical symptoms like night teeth grinding, jaw clenching, and upper shoulder tensing usually when I first do a cut. 

My main and most concerning symptom to me, is loss of memory, especially short term.  I'm upset that brain doesn't function properly and I cross my fingers that it will be able to heal after all this tapering is over.  I'm a sahm/housewife right now and my only kid is in school.  I keep trying to learn things and my brain fights me a lot. 

Yesterday, for example, I got out of the shower and as I was drying off, I remembered that I had water boiling for pasta.  OMG, this is not the first time I've completely forgot that I am cooking something.  Luckily it wasn't long enough that the water had all boiled away yet.  Plus, I forgot that I hadn't even eaten lunch.  I set the pasta water to boil, got some peanuts for a snack, and walked away and completely forgot about all that for about 45 minutes.  This is now my normal. 

So yeah- that's me right now.  Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope your brain is doing better than mine.  ;)

:smitten:

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted give a little intro about myself.  I've been on klonopin for 26 years.  I've gone almost off 7X and didn't really understand withdrawal until the time before this one.  I'm down to .30mg/day right now, doing a liquid taper that I just started at .375mg/day.  I get a lot of physical symptoms like night teeth grinding, jaw clenching, and upper shoulder tensing usually when I first do a cut. 

My main and most concerning symptom to me, is loss of memory, especially short term.  I'm upset that brain doesn't function properly and I cross my fingers that it will be able to heal after all this tapering is over.  I'm a sahm/housewife right now and my only kid is in school.  I keep trying to learn things and my brain fights me a lot. 

Yesterday, for example, I got out of the shower and as I was drying off, I remembered that I had water boiling for pasta.  OMG, this is not the first time I've completely forgot that I am cooking something.  Luckily it wasn't long enough that the water had all boiled away yet.  Plus, I forgot that I hadn't even eaten lunch.  I set the pasta water to boil, got some peanuts for a snack, and walked away and completely forgot about all that for about 45 minutes.  This is now my normal. 

So yeah- that's me right now.  Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope your brain is doing better than mine.  ;)

Hi greencup,

Welcome to KK. Good for you to get down to your current dose. Is your taper rate within the 5-10% recommended every 10-14 days?

Rest assured, your brain functioning will come back! Mine was out to lunch certainly during early withdrawal, and improved the lower I was in my dose. I have a history of burnt pots, leaving the gas on, backing over the garbage cans five times, throwing away my car keys, and much more. I am no longer a danger to myself or our home.

See you around.

Bennie

Morning all,

Well, I'm officially done with Clonazepam forever-took last bit last night.  It was a very rough night (old GI pain) but, I'm so glad to kick C to the curb once and for all!!!!!!!!!  Thank-you Bennie and WR!  Couldn't have done it without you  :smitten: :smitten:

Welcome Green Cup-you will feel better-hang in there

Thank-you for everyone's support here-you are courageous and compassionate people and I admire you very much  :smitten:  burned

Morning all,

Well, I'm officially done with Clonazepam forever-took last bit last night.  It was a very rough night (old GI pain) but, I'm so glad to kick C to the curb once and for all!!!!!!!!!  Thank-you Bennie and WR!  Couldn't have done it without you  :smitten: :smitten:

Welcome Green Cup-you will feel better-hang in there

Thank-you for everyone's support here-you are courageous and compassionate people and I admire you very much  :smitten:  burned

Burned, Congratulations !!!!!  and just in time to be watching the Beautiful Fall colors ! Speedy Healing ~CD

Way to go Burned - huge congratulations.  And I think Bennie summed up the 'other side' really well.  Welcome to it!!! 

I can't wait until everyone is done with these awful drugs.  So nice to hear that so many are doing well off the poisons.  It is so hard to taper and keep the faith but with our friends here holding us up in the bad times and celebrating the good times we can all do this. 

CONGRATULATIONS, BURNED!!!

No more K! Now all you have to do is keep healing.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

http://i67.tinypic.com/mjomqv.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/21amy3c.jpg

Bennie, I know things are still very difficult for you. I'm constantly hoping you find answer soon - the root of the problems, and the best ways to manage and recover. I know what you mean about the huge dose of acceptance, and I'm glad you feel grounded, in all this. It's so important. I'm always thinking of you, my friend!

GreenCup, hello! I'm sorry you have to be in this boat (it's not a fun one, to be sure), but KKlub is definitely one of the most supportive places around. I honestly, no exaggerration, don't know if I would have made it through my taper successfully without everyone here. The memory problem is so so frustrating, but I did find that it improved for me. It was a huge issue the first 4 months or so of my taper and gradually got overall better after that even before I finished tapering. And congrats on being down to 0.30mg!

Mana, I'm glad I could help. Haha, it's true, when is life ever truly 100%?  ;D And it's true - this wave of worry and despair will absolutely recede, because it's a wave, not your truth. Whoever said "believe the windows, not the waves" was totally spot-on. It's so hard in the throes of the wave to remember what it's like to be well, but you will be there. Waves are never forever, and in time they'll lessen and lessen. Remember how much you've already made it through, and let that remind you that you'll keep on making it through. :smitten:

Gilster, I'm sorry about your situation. I know how hard that can be. Do you have hobbies that you're doing to keep you busy, or maybe a project you can do that won't take too much energy? I hope you find better peace soon. :hug:

Hi,

I'm new here. I want to congratulate Burnedout on successfully getting of the K.

I haven't officially started my taper yet but am moving my doses around due to tolerance issues. Having anxiety and agoraphobia all the time right now. I plan on starting my taper once I am at three doses eight hours apart.

I recently CT , almost four months ago, off of buproprion and I don't know if the symptoms I'm having are from that or from tolerance to the clonazepam. I was having really good windows and very few waves and that has reversed in the last month to month and a half. The waves have also increased in severity. I've become almost completely housebound and even the thought of leaving the house brings on the anxiety. I have other sxs too. Cognitive is especially bad so I really related to the comments about forgetting your cooking etc. I unfortunately also have shower anxiety too so I'm not usually cooking and in the shower :)

Feeling really frustrated and scared.

What do you guys think? Are my increased withdrawal sxs from tolerance to the clonazepam?

Welcome, tntd !

So sorry you must be here, but we are so happy to have you.  Hang in there, and you will taper off just like so many, many others.  This is a good place for support.

Hugs,

:smitten: Nomo

tntd,

Your increased side effects:  Klonopin tends to synergize with other meds.  It may be that the CT has had an effect.  It also may be that tapering is just getting tough.  Things wax, wane, shift and change in frustrating ways during withdrawal.  I had terrible agoraphobia and now I cannot stay in my house for fear of the house.  It will shift and change until we are completely off.

You can do this.  Glad you are here!

Nomo.

Thank-you so much Nomo :smitten: Much love right back at ya!  Hope you are having a good day  :)

Thank-you tntd and welcome!  Sorry you are having a such a rough time lately though.  I'm not sure if your symptoms are from the buproprion or clonazepam tolerance.  I hit tolerance  after 3 months on Xanax and didn't realize it. I had a lot of anxiety, agoraphobia and cognitive symptoms, too.  I'm sure others will be able to help you more.  They know a lot about all this and helped me immensely.  I hope you can get stabilized on your taper and feel better soon.

CONGRATS Burned!!!!Klonopin free forever!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_114.jpeg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_120.jpeg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_116.jpeg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_117.jpeg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_121.jpeg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_118.jpeg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maya6842/Mobile%20Uploads/image_119.jpeg

Ezra's class will be Wednesday at 7pm eastern time. If you would like to go PM me  :smitten:

Thank-you so, so much Maya!!!  Thank-you for all your support and looove the pictures you posted!  Especially love the little pigs and the "all great changes are preceded by chaos" quote!  Hope you are doing well and will pm you soon  :smitten:

CONGRATULATIONS, BURNED!!!

No more K! Now all you have to do is keep healing.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

http://i67.tinypic.com/mjomqv.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/21amy3c.jpg

Bennie, I know things are still very difficult for you. I'm constantly hoping you find answer soon - the root of the problems, and the best ways to manage and recover. I know what you mean about the huge dose of acceptance, and I'm glad you feel grounded, in all this. It's so important. I'm always thinking of you, my friend!

GreenCup, hello! I'm sorry you have to be in this boat (it's not a fun one, to be sure), but KKlub is definitely one of the most supportive places around. I honestly, no exaggerration, don't know if I would have made it through my taper successfully without everyone here. The memory problem is so so frustrating, but I did find that it improved for me. It was a huge issue the first 4 months or so of my taper and gradually got overall better after that even before I finished tapering. And congrats on being down to 0.30mg!

Mana, I'm glad I could help. Haha, it's true, when is life ever truly 100%?  ;D And it's true - this wave of worry and despair will absolutely recede, because it's a wave, not your truth. Whoever said "believe the windows, not the waves" was totally spot-on. It's so hard in the throes of the wave to remember what it's like to be well, but you will be there. Waves are never forever, and in time they'll lessen and lessen. Remember how much you've already made it through, and let that remind you that you'll keep on making it through. :smitten:

Gilster, I'm sorry about your situation. I know how hard that can be. Do you have hobbies that you're doing to keep you busy, or maybe a project you can do that won't take too much energy? I hope you find better peace soon. :hug:

Thank you Daisies  :smitten: What a helpful response....I appreciate it so much.

And Congratulations Burned!!!!! YES...Klonopin free forever as Maya wrote....WOW...SO happy for you.  It will just get better and better from now on...you have been so strong to persevere....YES!!  We are all warriors....

tntd and GreenCup - WELCOME  :)

Mana

Burned,

I was trying to send a bitmoji that says "OH Happy Day" but I can't seem to paste it!

I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS...so very happy for you!

You made it to the other side. You did a great job, be sure to congratulate yourself

And treat yourself! I wish you healthy, happy, peaceful days FOREVER!! :smitten:

Hugs❤️

New Girl

Morning all,

Try,

I hope that you stabilize soon and will be able to resume tapering again.

Lizgal,

I welcome you and hope that you stabilize soon. I  think that we can all agree that the mornings are rough.I'm not sure whom suggested my input as I consider myself with somewhat knowledgable.There are people here that can give you far better suggestions than me.Ipray for everyone here daily.

BStrong,

I hope that your akathesia gets better. I'm so sorry that you and others are dealing with this.

Mana,I have been having the benzo lies in the waves. I hate them and try to be more positve.It is so hard some days.I try to think of my life after this is done and getting another job.Right now I'm grieving the teaching profession and it has been really hard because I know that I can't handle the stress anymore of teaching. Iam trying to put my job situation in God's hands because I wantto work again .

To Can Do,Bets,Bennie, Maya,Nomo, Liberty, Clona,Burned,NewGirl,KGirl, Coyote,WR,FOD, and anyone else that I've missed,I wish you a decent day.

Nomo, Are you doing ok? Haven't seen you here.

As for me, I'm hanging in there. Just a lot of grief over not working.I'm trying to fill my day with purposeful activities.This is really hard.

Gilster

Glister, thank you my friend.  I'm trying to get back on steady ground, everything is a process. 

I know you miss working.  I know exactly how you feel.  This is a temporary time out to let things transform and heal.  You have purpose!!  You will teach, again!!

Big Hug,

TRY