Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Fast taper

[An...]

I just found out in 150 days I need to get too 7.5mgs of diazepam from 13.5mgs I’m freaking out a little bit is this possible? I have been just listening to my body as I go. 

[Le...]

I think many people find larger decreases early on are much easier. How much support do you have?

[An...]
19 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I think many people find larger decreases early on are much easier. How much support do you have?

I have a great support system. I went down from 75mgs-13.5mgs from July 2023-may2024 less than 1 year. Been on benzos for 6 years was off for one year in between 

[Le...]

Some other people will chip in that have more taper experience but I think you can do it. 

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Some other people will chip in that have more taper experience but I think you can do it. 

Thank you so much ! 

@[An...], hi!

Why is all the hurry? I' m really sorry for you bc any restrictions can feel pressing while withdrawing benzo.  But i think in fact it's not that awful. I've just roughly calculated and if you do the most common tapering, meaning 10% reduction every 20 days, you'll even have something in stok. I think you can try to manage it. It's possible!

• Like 1

[An...]
Just now, [[A...] said:

My doctor said he will limit me to 50 tablets of Valium every 5 weeks that was my rough math calculation

Thank you so much I hope so I have been taking long breaks because of unbearable symptoms towards the end but yes I will have to stick to a timeline 

12 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Thank you so much I hope so I have been taking long breaks because of unbearable symptoms towards the end but yes I will have to stick to a timeline 

Wish you Good luck and hope with all my heart it won't be tough on you. Really smooth tapering to you!

• Love 1