3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Thanks guys. I wanted to write how I feel everyday to hopefully help others. I know that when I get really scared that this will never be over, I try to check others before me. I have read such horrible scary stories so I pray I can report to others that it doesn't have to be that way.

I tapered faster than suggested, yes I suffered and still have a ways to go but if what I read is true about the half-life, I should have this poison out of me in another 9 days. 400 hours = 18.5 days.

So far.. I truly feel that it's getting better every day.

I have always felt that the only way I had a chance of feeling normal again, was to get this crap out of me.

Right now I am dealing with depression and some anxiety but the anxiety isn't as bad.

Hang in there everybody... "The only way out is through"

K

Very nice Keeka!

Day 10..  Sleep was better but the depression is tough. I am alone so it's hard to figure out what to do now that I am slowly starting to feel better.  I still have 8 days after today, that the V will be gone from my body. Yesterday I had dizzy spells but it may have been brought on by the heat here.

Anybody getting closer? Hope so.

Wishing you all a good as possible day.

It's hard... I know..

K

I am close to joining the group officially at 3.26 today doing 2ml per day and will slow down if need be

On remeron too and cut that to 13.75

Still sleeping thank god

Awesome Jackson. We want you in the club!!! You can already be in the club but I know you wont be happy about being in it until you actually reach the milestone. My brain works the same way ;)

Jackson...not too bad. The only symptom I have is chemical depression. It gets really bad though sometimes. Im struggling atm. But by the end of this wk Im hoping to have levelled out a bit. Really really over this whole thing though!

Shake...well done ans welcome!!

Yeah... Shake

Congrats... I hope you feel ok. Keep on trucking..

Day 11 for me today.  Still feeling ok... Not great but ok.  Really hot here so the heat could be getting to me too.  7 more days after today and it should be out of my system... I pray for waveless days.

K

Keeka, you are one amazing lady, coming on and cheering others on, I am plugging for you to get through these days and feel better. Very nice to give yourself a treat, having your house cleaned, right now your energy needs to be with what you can and want to handle, I am thinking of you. :hug::mybuddy::thumbsup:

I've been reading the posts here and decided to join though I have not been on more than 2mg of Valium and my main benzo was Klonopin which I finished tapering this Feb.  I thought that this Valium taper would be easier than the K taper but no such luck. I have been doing a gram scale micro taper which I started in July and I am at .064 mg. as of today. 

Keeka you have been an inspiration to me.

Shamo we are going to be jumping buddies I see.

This taper has been just about the hardest thing I have ever done.  I just want to be off and I am praying that I feel okay once I am done. This has been a forever experience for me - years to be accurate and I just want to have a life back. Sadly it will not be the one that I had before this taper but hopefully it will be just as wonderful if not better. 

Jackson...at the beginning of my taper it was actually very easy. The first 5mg I cut off in 1 month. And barely had any symptoms. Even cutting down to 2.5 from 5 wasnt too bad...its been really tough since getting to 2mg though. Partly because I was confused for a long while as to why I wasnt stabilizing and recovering like I used to. But after a while I figured out the lower bits are harder to recover from and I might not feel good again until I was off and healed. Once I accepted that fact it has been more mentally manageable. But still very hard.

I am probably gonna hold for a few more days here at 0.7 and then probly make my final cut down to 0.3...Ill stay there for 2 weeks and then probably jump...

Kgirl...do i know you? Go away please I dont want to be jump buddies with you...😉

Jackson...at the beginning of my taper it was actually very easy. The first 5mg I cut off in 1 month. And barely had any symptoms. Even cutting down to 2.5 from 5 wasnt too bad...its been really tough since getting to 2mg though. Partly because I was confused for a long while as to why I wasnt stabilizing and recovering like I used to. But after a while I figured out the lower bits are harder to recover from and I might not feel good again until I was off and healed. Once I accepted that fact it has been more mentally manageable. But still very hard.

I am probably gonna hold for a few more days here at 0.7 and then probly make my final cut down to 0.3...Ill stay there for 2 weeks and then probably jump...

Kgirl...do i know you? Go away please I dont want to be jump buddies with you...😉

Okay Shamo - jump by yourself then I will probably be done before you anyway. By at least one day.  >:D

Okay another victim has arrived here. At 3 today... staying for a week see how that feels and then start daily taper .01/day.  Hope to hear lots of you girlz and guyz ! Keep us updated ! Grtz x Sh  A little dance for finally gotting at 3 .. Jeej for me  :highfive::yippee: My first push in the back.. need to give it to myself cauz the outside world ain't there to do this ! Good luck to all of you still going down or have jumped already !

Okay another victim has arrived here. At 3 today... staying for a week see how that feels and then start daily taper .01/day.  Hope to hear lots of you girlz and guyz ! Keep us updated ! Grtz x Sh  A little dance for finally gotting at 3 .. Jeej for me  :highfive::yippee: My first push in the back.. need to give it to myself cauz the outside world ain't there to do this ! Good luck to all of you still going down or have jumped already !

[glow=red,2,300]CONGRATS ON 3MG, WAY TO GO, SO PROUD OF "THE DANCING GIRL" :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: [/glow]

Haha yes joking of course 😉 just having a bit of school yard fun.

Yep Shamo I knew you were joking but hey the thought of having to 'heal' after we jump is making me nuts. I just want this long saga to be over!!  Enough is enough already I want to get back to living my life as I sure you do. 

Shake: I assume you meant daily taper to cut by .001 grams per day not .01 'cause that is a lot IMHO. I cut .002 mg a day and not every day I do a c/c/c/h schedule.  I do question why the switch though if cut and hold is working for you just do what my friend Shamo is doing and just cut a smaller amt and then hold. 

No K Girl i meant .01/day... to get to 3.. i did 5 % on  2 weeks and was able to do this.. just the last bits got a little bit harder, but was able to still function, so not necessary to go slower. I plan to cut .01/day and if 2 days don't feel good i'm holding till feeling better again. It worked for me before so i'm gonna try and see where it takes me. I'm just listening to my body now, when it says hold, i'll hold. From 3.25 to 3... i did that a couple of times and it Always worked for me till then. I react very sensitively to meds, not only this ones but also the usual stuff ... i'm highly sensitive so need to be careful. Saying that i almost didn't have to take anything before throughout my life. My body needs to slowly ajust to going less. I'll change plans if i need to, staying on 3 for at least a week now and see how that goes.

Have been able to drive, do Household, do some walks / dance, cook till now and want to keep it that way.

Can't do any c & h anymore.. cauz on the bad days i still want to function, got 2 kids to take care off and who need to be driven to school every day. That's my main thing actually, function and my kids go first.

Hi Sh, finally you're on 3mg congts!! BG, you 're doing well too.

Kgirl and Shamo , hope both of you will be doing well untill the end of your taper.

Keeka, wish you fast healing and recovery.

all the rest have a smooth taper and goodluck!!

regards, mcm

Hi everyone

Congrats to the people joining us

Day 12 but not good news to report.  Not feeling well again.  Got hit by a wave.... Definitely not as bad as before but it's so dis appointing.

When will this end?

K

Hey Keeka, hang in there. I've noticed that I get smacked with a wave three weeks into my month-long holds. It's the long half-life of V.

So I don't think it's at all unusual that you are running into a crappy wave after some earlier decent days. As the valium slowly exits and is not being replenished, your body and brain are starting to yell "Hey, where is it?"

I'm no expert, and am only mid-way through my own taper, but in my opinion the valium effects are having one final big obnoxious temper tantrum within you.

Patience. Keep on riding the wave, breathe, take good care of yourself, and I bet things will start to settle with a bit more time. Your symptoms will begin to diminish and gradually fade to insignificance.  :)

Wow Shake you go then - faster than I could do but as long as you are feeling good the better to get off.  I am hitting fumes now at .064 mg and wondering when to jump. I am not brave at all though  and I have to travel at the end of July and was hoping that at 3 weeks I would be done with acute. Now I read Keeka and Solitude's post and go oh SH#$!!