Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Whoops my math sucks... 400 hours divided by 24 days is 16.5 days. 2.5 days left.

Will this weakness ever go away... Crap...

Keeka, you will be fine!! It's not even a month since you jump, you're body is adjusting I'm sure the day ahead you will feel better.  Some stories I read that they don't have any s/x after jumping but after a month the symptoms appear.  Maybe you will be opposite, you have S/x now but later will disappear and that is my wish for you!!  Regards, mcm

Two more days of the devil's juice and I am quite excited now to be off! Actually feeling pretty good today, although I got hit by a massive crying spell yesterday morning out of nowhere. It was quite strange, as I rarely cry, but I felt a real sense of "relief" when it was done. However, I started feeling quite paranoid after a while, as I am sure the neighbours must have thought my big german shepherd was trapped in the house and howling to get out! Hope everyone is doing well!

Hope everyone is going well today! Just woke up after sleeping 10 hours and feel good. Today marks 3 weeks since I last cut to 0.7. Was only going to stay 2 weeks but a few more days never hurt anyone.

Tonight I cut to 0.3...if all goes okay this should be my last 2-3 weeks on valium. Im not going to do another cut from there. Im just going to jump. This will be my 3rd cut in a row that is 0.4 in size. So my jump will actually be smaller than my last 3 cuts. Not by much, but I think it is something that will help me. I know many people micro taper down to 0.5 and then jump from there. In my opinion thats why its such a shock to their system. Its like nothing theyve experienced before.

Has anyone heard from Keeka, I have not seen any posts since the 9th, hope she is doing alright. She usually posts here every day. Keeka, thinking of you.

Hopefully Keeka just decided having a quiet time recovering, wishing her well!!  Shamo, Goodluck in your last cut, you're doing well w/ your taper.  Regards, mcm

Hi everyone... Thanks for thinking of me.  I have been in the country at friends since Friday.

I will be returning home today.

I am on day 19 today. I had a rough Saturday and Sunday and then yesterday was the best day I have had in months.  Hopefully today will be the same.  Maybe this poison needs to take last stabs at my body before it lets up..  I am so done with this experience.  Now I have to deal with life without the drama of the whole thing.  I swear I am suffering with PTSD.  Trying hard to bury the memories of the trauma.

Congrats to Kallie... How are you feeling?  Good I hope.

Shamo... Getting close... Good for you..

K

Hi everyone... Thanks for thinking of me.  I have been in the country at friends since Friday.

I am on day 19 today. I had a rough Saturday and Sunday and then yesterday was the best day I have had in months.  Hopefully today will be the same.  Maybe this poison needs to take last stabs at my body before it lets up..  I am so done with this experience.  Now I have to deal with life without the drama of the whole thing.  I swear I am suffering with PTSD.  Trying hard to bury the memories of the trauma.

K

Hi Keeka

Good to hear from you, and even better to see that things are going well!  Honestly, I feel fine.  Early days still, so I am kind of waiting for a bit of an acute phase, but nothing so far.

I still have my Tinnitus, Insomnia and baseline anxiety, but nothing compared to what it was like during my taper.  I am hoping with time my Insomnia and Tinnitus will decrease, but we will see.

Yeah, so in summary, all good so far, which is a pleasant surprise! 

Hope everybody is doing well!

K.  :)

K

Hi Keeka

Good to hear from you, and even better to see that things are going well!  Honestly, I feel fine.  Early days still, so I am kind of waiting for a bit of an acute phase, but nothing so far.

I still have my Tinnitus, Insomnia and baseline anxiety, but nothing compared to what it was like during my taper.  I am hoping with time my Insomnia and Tinnitus will decrease, but we will see.

Yeah, so in summary, all good so far, which is a pleasant surprise! 

Hope everybody is doing well!

K.  :)

Great to hear Kallie!!

Great to see some people getting so low and also jumping. The support is really helpful on these threads. I have felt like giving up many times but reading other people's battles helps me keep going.

Congrats to all...

Shamo... Good to see you at .3.  Keep us posted as to how you feel.... All the rest too.

Day 20 for me but my bubble has burst.  I guess I thought I would be great by now.  The sxs are definitely letting up but my depression is now taking over.

K

Day 2 at 0.3...I usally get hit on the third day so nothing to report just yet. Im just well and truly over this whole thing at this point and how could you not be? Feeling so shit for such a long time.

Keeka - if you look at the bigger picture 20 days really isnt a long time to be healed. I dont think ive read many stories of people healing that quick unless they were pretty much symptom free on the way down. Do you think you could work at all now? If I hadn't started working I dont think I would have made it this far. The days and weeks go quicker.

Maybe give yourself a time frame and try and accept it? If Im off this stuff by the start of july, im gonna aim to be feeling a lot better by my birthday, which is october 29. So that's about 4 months. Id love to heal quicker than that and if I do then its a bonus.

I guess I really thought I would be better by now. I cried for most of the day yesterday which is a first for me since this nightmare started. I guess I need to accept the fact that just because I am off the poison, I am not healed.  You would think 3 weeks would give me some relief.

Feeling sorry for myself I guess.

K

Hello Keeka,

Sorry to hear you are still struggling a bit. You will get better. I think you set yourself up for a little dissapointment when you thought...ok. After day 18 , I wake up and everything is going to be back to normal again. Be proud you are off and you are going to heal. There is no magic number, everybody's body is different. I've read some of that stuff lingers for 8 weeks plus your mind and body need to get used to the new Keeka without Valium. This is not meant to be a negative post at all. You were one of the few who encouraged me over on the Valium board. Keep going strong. Have positive thoughts. You will beat this.

Hey y'all

I am at 3mg Valium today

Can I ask what is a reasonable amount of time to get off 3?

6 mos?

One doc said 10 weeks for 1mg

I know everyone says listen to my body but my body is under so much strain and stress I am having a hard time really really hard w continuous adrenaline rushes

Somehow I am working and parenting

God I wish I could be alone all day

I take 15 mg of remeron

Constant night sweats

Glad to officially join this club

Jackson I cut .5 mg a month which is a pace that works for me. I do a micro taper but Shamo does around this rate on a cut and hold I think.  I truly believe you need to throw out the calendar and just get a pace that works for you and allows you to still function.  The general rule is 5-10% but at the low doses IMHO you can't really use %'s  because you need to cut larger than that to get off and obviously your last cut is 100%. That is why I say it should be a symptom based taper.  I think most doctors have us taper at too fast a rate for our bodies. I just wish they had to do it - and feel as awful as some us feel and then we can tell them they are going too slow and cut off their meds. Now wouldn't that be fun.  >:D

Yes I have been doing 2nl per day which is 50 days to reduce 1mg but I might slow it down at 2.5 and then reduce by 1.5 ml per day which is 66 days to go down 1mg

I know it's a bad attitude but I just need off this stuff bc I think it's making my body so so much sicker and bc I kindled I honestly feel I will be fucked either way.

At least one doc said that to me.

We shall see. Obviously 6 wk taper didn't work

It's hard w so many other stressful things happening like the collapse of my marriage, financial obligation and kids

Jackson the one "known" in any taper is that it takes time to heal.  So the idea of 'rushing off' doesn't necessarily work for many of us and just leaves us in a bad place off the meds vs. tapering the med.  Believe me a slow taper is not fun and the every day torture of s/x - well I don't have to tell you what this is like. BUT with this being said because I have gone slow I feel better now then I did in the beginning of my taper and get night windows most every day.  I am out and about most days and I am on less than .5 mg of the Valium. 

I think your plan to slow it down sounds like a great idea.  Hopefully it will work for you, if not, because you are using liquid you can slow it down even further  - I know you don't want to hear it but the " how you feel"  is the best advice any of us can give - you want to be functional vs. in bed. Sorry to hear about the other stresses in your life - as is this wasn't enough for anyone to handle. 

Just wanted to say I'm so proud and jealous of all you!!!

Can't wait to be on this last part. Very curious to see what everyone jumps from and how they feel.

Good luck all!

Thanks Libr

I need to remember that I am grateful to be where I am at even if it's still not great. Definitely better than a couple of months ago.

Take care

K

Yes... I am taking Zoplicone and Zoloft

I don't want to mess with changing anything right now.

Hi Keeka

I am sure you probably know this already, but Zopiclone works in a similar way to Benzos.  But, you are right, better to not change anything right now, but maybe something to consider tapering in the future if you don't feel like you have healed 100%.

Hope you have a great weekend.

K.