Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Found my group!  I was at 1.25 am and .625 pm tried to cut to .625 am and  .625 pm. I think it was too much. Thursday I used a rescue dose of 1/8 an ativan which would have doubled my normal dose. Not good! Today I took my 1.25 dose and took more in the am. It weighed .021 grams for am and .08 grams for pm. I'm going to try this for another week even though it will be a week tomorrow that I last cut. Anyone else use uneven doses? Will it effect my blood levels?  Even though valium has a long half life I get real irritable right before my pm dose but could live with that if the bigger dose helped with my daytime anxiety which has been terrible this week. I really don't want to go back up in dose again.  Any ideas?

PineValley I wish I could help you but I have always kept my 2 doses even.  I don't think Valium works well for anxiety at all but that is my opinion.  I guess that is why we now have Ativan, Xanax and Klonopin.  I wonder if you metabolize Valium faster than the average person which could explain why you feel poorly at night before your dose.  I know some people have done genetic testing for this but I don't think insurance covers it. 

For me I got awful anxiety and agoraphobia due to my taper (I never had it before - I had panic attacks which ironically are totally different and were not every day and were due to hormonal changes) it was 'chemical'.  I think that is what happens to many of us so the only thing we can do is continue to slowly taper off and learn other ways to deal with the awful anxiety. 

Thanks! I've been reading some post in here and maybe I'm just going too fast. The first 2 weeks of my taper went better than I thought. I micro tapered the rest of the .25 ativan out after about week on the valium.  I cried a lot and had an awful panic attack as the last of the ativan left my system around day 4 but I had to make a cut in the V because it made me sleepy.  I'm thinking about going back up a bit and tapering smaller amounts so I can function a bit better.  Like 1.75 split up into 2 doses. It's hard to find a schedule to get off a small dose and I'm weighing my pills with the gram scales.  Is it ok to take another 2 months to taper off less than 2 m? I don't want to drag it out but I want to suffer as little as possible.  The Ashton Manuel says stop at 1m and no schedule for such a low dose. I already have substantial sxs at this dose. I'm scared what will happen next.

Pine IMO because of valiums long half life I never needed to dose more than once. Well it never even crossed my mind actually. I would have just forgotten anyway  :D The lower parts of valium are very tricky...I haven't felt good since about 2mg.  .625 is a big cut though...I did massive cuts at the start of my taper but by the end even I had to shrink them right down to .4 each time. Maube just get rid of the pm dose in 2 or 3 cuts instead of one?

Sorry, I misread that. You cut .625 out of your AM dose. Same principle applies though. It's a large cut which lead to the updose! I got caught in that trap before I admitted defeat and stopped cutting big. It took me about 3 updoses to realise I was going backwards this way.

I guess everyone is different.  I couldn't get by on just one dose a day unless I increased it way up! I get a terrible headache and angry right before my pm dose.  As low as it was tonight,  I feel much better now that it's kicked in. I'm going to try my uneven doses for a few days and if that doesn't help, I'm going to updose a bit. K-girl, I agree valium doesn't help with anxiety as well as other benzos. It just lowers it a bit, especially since my dose is low now. All I'm really doing is keeping the WD sxs at bay at this point, one of those being panic!

PineValley: I see you crossed over from .5 mg of Ativan to a very small dose of Valium.  I would ask what the equivalent dose is on the Ativan support group or one of the withdrawal groups to make sure you crossed over to the correct amt of Valium.  I never took Ativan so I am sorry I don't have this answer for you.  You want to make sure the .5mg Ativan equals the Valium equivalent. Some people actually go up a little bit since as I said in my last post Valium acts very differently then the newer benzos.

Another thing when I crossed over I also did a fast cross over and I was told to not cut at all for 30 days.  This is to let your body adjust to the Ativan leaving you and the equivalent amt of Valium getting in your blood stream.  So if you started cutting right away - this would explain why you are not feeling well.

If it was me (and BTW it was when I messed up my cross over!!) I would find out the 'correct amt' of Valium to cross over to and take this. Then I would hold to give your body time to adjust to the Valium. The tiredness goes away as you get used to it.  I would also try and make my doses even so you have a steady amt in your body during the day and night.  This is if you dose twice per day. Many people only dose once per day on the Valium because it is so long acting.

If you want to just continue where you are - and use a gram scale and a micro taper the rate I have used is .5 mg every month. To do this I cut .002 grams from my pill weight (my 2mg pill weighs .175 grams) and I did a c/c/c/h schedule. It has taken me 4 months total to get to 0 but I have been functional most of the way day. As Shamo says this does not mean s/x free - but I do what I need to do (other than go for a haircut!!). 

I hope this helped.

Shamo I love your avatar is that you? 

PineValley: I see you crossed over from .5 mg of Ativan to a very small dose of Valium.  I would ask what the equivalent dose is on the Ativan support group or one of the withdrawal groups to make sure you crossed over to the correct amt of Valium.  I never took Ativan so I am sorry I don't have this answer for you.  You want to make sure the .5mg Ativan equals the Valium equivalent. Some people actually go up a little bit since as I said in my last post Valium acts very differently then the newer benzos.

Another thing when I crossed over I also did a fast cross over and I was told to not cut at all for 30 days.  This is to let your body adjust to the Ativan leaving you and the equivalent amt of Valium getting in your blood stream.  So if you started cutting right away - this would explain why you are not feeling well.

If it was me (and BTW it was when I messed up my cross over!!) I would find out the 'correct amt' of Valium to cross over to and take this. Then I would hold to give your body time to adjust to the Valium. The tiredness goes away as you get used to it.  I would also try and make my doses even so you have a steady amt in your body during the day and night.  This is if you dose twice per day. Many people only dose once per day on the Valium because it is so long acting.

If you want to just continue where you are - and use a gram scale and a micro taper the rate I have used is .5 mg every month. To do this I cut .002 grams from my pill weight (my 2mg pill weighs .175 grams) and I did a c/c/c/h schedule. It has taken me 4 months total to get to 0 but I have been functional most of the way day. As Shamo says this does not mean s/x free - but I do what I need to do (other than go for a haircut!!). 

I hope this helped.

Shamo I love your avatar is that you?

Haha yes it is me!!! A happy man now that Im done tapering  :D

I am at 2.74 tonight

Just wanted to check in and say hi

Got a prescription for Cbd oil just in case

Am going to try it in a couple of days

A very tiny dose

Also tried NAC. It agitated me but the next day felt extraordinary.

Gonna try again at a lower dose of 300mg.

Any thoughts on this? Was there a point where ppl got slammed like at 2mg or something?

I want to keep going.

I have panic chest pain when something emotional happens since there is a lot going on in my life

Otherwise I am almost half way thru taper

Also on remeron which I think is dampening my withdrawal

Hey Jackson welcome to the Cool Club. Yes definitely some people reach a point where they get slammed with SX. That was me at 2mg. What is NAC?

NAC is a supplement that helps w anxiety/Ocd and helps detox

There is an article online about a man who got off benzo almost w no sxs using NAC and vit c

I have a friend who is a psychiatrist who encouraged it

I am going to experiment w it again and see if it works.5

The following day I felt blissful

Today burning

But at 2.72. Probably will hold at 2.5 and decrease my  taper

How many mos did it take you to get off of 2mg?? What's reasonable?

Hi everyone

Just wanted you to know that I am still hanging in there. On day 38 since jump.

Still healing but much better.

Now trying to reduce my AD.

Hope everyone is doing the best they can.

K

Hi Keeka, so happy to hear you are healing :thumbsup:

Shamo, seems like your doing fine also few days after jumping, congrats to both of you.  Me and Kgirl will be next...

to the rest of this cool club as Shamo said=welcome and Goodluck everyone.

That's amazing keekA

No acute for you and shamu?

Reading bliss johns book scared me as I have kindled

I too have kindled actually a total of three times over the last six years. Dont worry about acute, as if you do a slow and steady taper, it is very very unlikely even if you have kindled.  As you know by now, the taper is very tough, just focus on that for now, and forget about the end game.

Hi Keeka, so happy to hear you are healing :thumbsup:

Shamo, seems like your doing fine also few days after jumping, congrats to both of you.  Me and Kgirl will be next...

to the rest of this cool club as Shamo said=welcome and Goodluck everyone.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Kallie, I noticed your sig. You're benzo free congrats to you, wishing you all healing, how is your tinnitus? Hope it's gone now that you finish tapering...

Hi Kallie, I noticed your sig. You're benzo free congrats to you, wishing you all healing, how is your tinnitus? Hope it's gone now that you finish tapering...

Thanks MCM, but nope, definitely not that lucky!! I think my friend Tinnitus will be staying for quite an extended period of time unfortunately!

Hey guys. MCM how are you feeling? Sleep any better? I had been struggling badly for sleep the last few days and took half a doxylamine tablett last night and slept like a rock for 10 hours. My sleep is always screwed for about a week after cutting so it should come good soon.I only take other stuff for sleep when I really need to. Dont like the idea of getting on more stuff.

I think acute for me could have only existed if I jumped from a very high dose. A few months back I cut from 2.5 to 1 and held for about 3 weeks with no improvement. Boy was that bad. The worst thing Ive gone through. Luckily once I updosed it improved.

This is definitely the Cool Club and the good thing about it is that if you get kicked out, or leave, it's even better cause it means youre done  ;)

Good to hear that everybody is doing reasonably fine !!!

I'm still the same, sadness is lifted a bit...but the hangover feeling stays.. this morning it was bad.. and i had to drive my daugher to dance camp. I made it but still very tired now. I'm intending on holding till i feel some better but i don't have a clue on where to go next. My body ain't helping me which way i have to go. After 2 weeks of tapering .01 a day 3 times a week and then holding, i already feel like this. (see signature)

Everybody seems to have figured out his best way to taper right now. I don't... i haven't got a clue where to start. I can't find any stability in this schedule of mine neither c/h or daily. All i know is when i hold for a few days it gets usually some better, but i don't know any figures to find a good way to taper through since from 3.25 mg i had to hold much more. Don't wanna send over a desperate feeling but that's how i'm feeling right now. I'm staying on my dose this week in the hope i will feel better when we go on a little holiday.

Love x Sh x  :smitten:

That's amazing keekA

No acute for you and shamu?

Reading bliss johns book scared me as I have kindled

I too have kindled actually a total of three times over the last six years. Dont worry about acute, as if you do a slow and steady taper, it is very very unlikely even if you have kindled.  As you know by now, the taper is very tough, just focus on that for now, and forget about the end game.

Jackson,

Kallie is right.  I replied to your post on the Valium thread.  When members post and say you go through acute no matter what, that statement is not true.

Hey guys. MCM how are you feeling? Sleep any better? I had been struggling badly for sleep the last few days and took half a doxylamine tablett last night and slept like a rock for 10 hours. My sleep is always screwed for about a week after cutting so it should come good soon.I only take other stuff for sleep when I really need to. Dont like the idea of getting on more stuff.

I think acute for me could have only existed if I jumped from a very high dose. A few months back I cut from 2.5 to 1 and held for about 3 weeks with no improvement. Boy was that bad. The worst thing Ive gone through. Luckily once I updosed it improved.

This is definitely the Cool Club and the good thing about it is that if you get kicked out, or leave, it's even better cause it means youre done  ;)

Hi Shamo= good for you that half a tablet will work for sleep, for me I need to take 2 tablet to work but very tired nxtday,  insomnia is my worse symptoms.  I dont want to add anything now then I need to taper and it will be the same problem again.  if my tablet stop working I dont know what to do, just beeen to my GP this morning to talk about my jump this week and prescribe me more antihistamine for 2 weeks, hopefully it wont stop working. 

The topic of acute is a mystery to me.

I think one of the scary parts of this forum is that it puts fear into people.  When tapering, we are scared already and sick.  We don't need to hear the horror stories.  I guess there is nothing you can do about that but there are so many people that have different life situations, etc. That we cannot assume we will have the same sxs as them.

I have no idea if I went through or continue to go through acute.  I know I feel a lot better, still have work to do, but am I acute???? 

Whatever happens will happen at this point.

Hang in there.

K

The topic of acute is a mystery to me.

I think one of the scary parts of this forum is that it puts fear into people.  When tapering, we are scared already and sick.  We don't need to hear the horror stories.  I guess there is nothing you can do about that but there are so many people that have different life situations, etc. That we cannot assume we will have the same sxs as them.

I have no idea if I went through or continue to go through acute.  I know I feel a lot better, still have work to do, but am I acute???? 

Whatever happens will happen at this point.

Hang in there.

K

Believe me when I tell you Keeka, Acute is no mystery. It is very real, and absolutely horrific, and virtually intollerable. You are most definitely NOT in acute. In my opinion, Acute w/d happens when you c/t a theraputic dose of Benzo, for example, I c/t'd 2MG of Ativan, which is equivalent to 20MG of V. However, if you perform a slow and steady taper, regardless of the method, and you taper down to a small, non-theraputic dose before jumping, then I believe chances of getting any type of acute w/d is very very small. In many ways, it simply feels like another cut, and that is exactly the way Prof Ashton describes the final process too. I am not discounting the fact that there will be outliers to this rule, but people need not worry, as it is unlikely to happen to them.