3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

You're gonna be okay Keeka... i'm sure.. give it a few days more time... i'm sure some symptoms will subside !!! I'm not nearly there but i've got things that were there and gone now ... maybe a simple thing and not so bad.. but i had a real bad and itchy rash on my left arm. It itched terribly and when i got into the bathtub... it burned... i've had it for several months but since the diazepam has left more and more of my body... the rash and itch is completely gone. Try to think of sth that is passing. Everytime i'm having a difficult time.. i just think bout my arm... that went by aswell. Maybe it's not much of a comfort but things will turn out okay you'll see ! Give it a bit more time ! You're so very close to almost be healed ! Hold on x

Sh x  :smitten:

Thanks so much Shake

I am so scared that I will go into some god awful long term withdrawal. I have been sick for 5 months now, pretty much non stop waves.

You would think at this point, it would be easy.

K

Don't think that way ! You're not everybody else ! Not every body is the same.... i was already in tolerance withdrawal already by 4 weeks and didn't even taper yet... so i'm holding but never 2 long... What i heard was that for some the last were the hardest to get off... but that doesn't mean it has to be you. It could be that in a few days it gets better since it's your last cut ! I try not to think of what is going to happen when i'm off... i just know all the things that i want to do again ! Take it one day at a time and you'll see some things will go away and never come back ! And don't read any horrorstories again... they're a big nono for me !!! I'll stay in the safe zones, like succes stories, benzofree celebrations, some buddy blogs... positive things in the day. I write everything down for myself. All the nasty stuff i type in black, all good things in green, so i notice that every day has some good moments aswell ! Good luck girl ! You're gonna do this ! Within a few weeks you're gonna kick some serious but !  ;)

Sh x  :smitten:

Keeka, hope you feel better very soon, you nearly finish your taper so be strong, you will get better and heal once you come off for sure, lucky u you almost done so all your symptoms will subside.  Regards, mcm

Keeka keep holding on. Things will probably not magically disappear when you jump...but you will keep getting better each day and never have to go through this process again. I kind of feel upset when I feel myself getting better after a cut only to know that I have to go through it again and again etc...Whatever happens, we just have to let our brains heal once we are off. I am using other things to make the withdrawal bearable like opiods sometimes (oxy, codeine). But once I'm off I'm quitting all drugs and just gonna let myself heal. It's helping me mentally with my taper but once I jump I'm going to stop delaying the inevitable.

Cut down to 0.7mg V last night! First time I've been under the 1mg mark....I'm still at work going pretty well. I expect to get hit on friday, as it takes my body 3 days to feel a cut from valium. Hope all is well with you guys.

Hey Shamo

Good for you and the cut..l I hope it goes well.

I asked the question why it gets harder the lower you go, and someone stated because we have less in our system so our GABA receptors have to work harder to stabilize.

That makes sense...

I pray that my Gabas catch up soon cuz my nerves are ready to jump out of my body.

K

Keeka and Shamoo, hope you guys doing well till you jump, I'm on .94V now so bit scared, it's 2 days now and my sleep is better hopefully will get better and better each day.  Hope everyone here too will get better each day.  Goodluck to all, mcm

Hey Shark.  I find myself only holding for a couple days also with the daily taper compared to weeks when I was doing cut and hold.  We're all different and either way of tapering is sensible.

Hang in there Keeka.  Once you're off the real healing will begin. :)

Hi everyone.. Day 9 on .25 mgs... Not doing well as my anxiety is sky rocketing. Sleep is not great either. The depression is bad too as I am so sick of being sick.

Not sure at this point if the dose is helping healing or hindering.

How's everyone else?

Why do I feel so bad?  I hate this.

K

Thanks Arcade for your reply ! I think i'll stick to the daily taper then... with a few holds when necessary. What's your daily taper rate ? Mine is till i'm at 3 ... .01  - .02 ....01...

Keeka maybe eating something while in bed... makes the anx ease down easier, breathing exercises,, a walk outside when you're upto it, mindful music... and for the depression i try to eat dark chocolate, lots of bananas and go outside, even it's just a block, or in the garden... vit D lift depression aswell ! You're gonna get there ! Within short time... you won't even think about it ! Take care and hang in there x

Hi Keeka, hope you feeling better now, few more days and you're free!! start your proper heling and recovery!! wish you all the best.

I'm just wondering how's Oscar and Chessplayer doing, hope you guys doing well.

Regards, mcm

Keeka you're pretty much at that point after a cut where it seems to hit the hardest. It definitely hits me the hardest just after a week. So you're in that zone. Hold on and it should start to get better in about a week. And then you should start to level out better and begin to stabilize. At your dose now the Valium is doing absolutely nothing for you so you are pretty much in acute anyway. You probably got in the acute zone at around 1mg...so every time you cut now you're just taking more away from your gaba receptors. That's why the end is the hardest. You are doing great keep going nearly there. It was never gonna be easy!!

Day 3 on 0.7mg for me...Not doing too bad. Have had a few days off from work so just hanging around at home keeping my stress down. Still having the ruminating negative thoughts that have been stuck in my head for a long time but the depression isn't too bad at this stage. It will probably build up on me about a week after the cut.

Keep going guys. We are all nearing the end in this group. We are seriously tough to keep going through this. No one knows what we've been through and the rest of life is going to be a breeze after this torture.

Hi there

Shamo what you wrote is exactly what I needed to hear.

I am hoping that Monday was my last day of feeling as sick as I was. It was as bad as days I had months ago. So maybe it was the last of a big push of sxs and now it will get easier. Damn I pray for that cuz this can get so scary...

You're the second person to say that at this point, the drug has no therapeutic effect on me (I'm not sure what that means), but I am now thinking that enough is enough.....

What I am dealing with now really is my anxiety spiralling out of control when I am stressed. Which makes me crazy and dizzy, weak...

Hope you don't suffer too much this weekend.

K

Hi Keeka,

You're correct the drug has no therapeutic affect on you at this point.  Now you're just managing the dependency and the decline of the drug in your blood at this point.

Arcade it looks like you're just about off? Are you gonna jump soon or just keep sliding down the mountain? Im almost done. Feeling quite confident the worst is behind me now. I got slammed when I cut from 3 to 2 a couple of months ago and was in all sorts. Ive since been cutting a lot smaller and haven't experienced anything to that level since.

Shamo,

I am glad things are going well for you.  I agree taking it slower at the end makes a difference.  I'll be jumping off at .01mg.  I am being careful at the end here to make sure I continue to feel well all the way to .01mg.

Hi everyone... Well I thought I would let you know that I jumped and am on day 3.

Not sure how I feel. Scared, relieved, scared again... Weak, ok, but the primary one is anxiety.

I know I may have made the mistake of getting off it too quickly, but that's in the past now... No more poison.

K

Keeka, Congratulations on your Jump, I only wish you well, we each one of us must travel the road to Recovery by ourselves sure, we need input, but ultimately we decide how and what is best for us. I am hoping that you continue to do well, I have been off twice, but went really too fast and cut too much,  but I am hoping that the blips I have had continue to just be blips. I have to be honest I am very fearful of Jumping but yet I know I must someday. Old memories are hard to erase, I thought both times I was out of the woods, but on the 7 th day or so, I was hit and slammed like I can could never tell anyone, you have to have felt it, so almost having a stroke twice I had to reinstate, when I have posted to you, I was too forceful about how someone should do a taper, but I have been following you all along, I deleted many things I wrote to you as I never got responses from you and I finally got it, for that I am truly sorry and hope you can forgive me, what you say is so true, we are all different and we will react differently. Only the Best for you and Pray you continue to your Recovery, you are off Yah!!!!!!!.  

Hey Begood... Why apologies.... I didn't know you wrote to me... Maybe I did but I was too sick.

Please do not feel bad for anything you felt or said.  Yes... This is a very personal journey and only the person going through the journey knows how they feel.  I wrote a few times that I was a mess and couldn't stand it, but then the next day it would have passed or subsided. My feelings of sxs are probably different than so many others.  I get super scared when I read about people that are struggling and state terrible hard facts about what the journey is going to feel like, but we are all different.

I need to push as I need to get back to work and realize I am taking a risk that I will still be having sxs but one thing I have learned through all of this, is that it's so unpredictable, that I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I have been lucky and haven't had tinnitus or any of the real awful sxs. I had one episode of vertigo in the beginning but it's mainly been weakness, dizziness and anxiety.

I am very relieved that I am done but still scared of the unknown which I quickly voice so someone will help calm me down.

This experience is not for the faint of heart.  You have to really want to get off and take it one day at a time.

I almost wish I had a camera so I could look back at how I was 4 months ago so I can see how much better I am... Still not there but getting there..

How could we possibly know what will happen when even the doctors don't.

How are you doing?  Hope well and again, sorry for the no response... I had no idea.

Keeka, congratulations on finding the courage to make the jump. Though I'm not yet a member of this group, as I am currently at 5 mg V, I have been following these posts. Curious to see how the buddies just ahead of me are doing.

Please keep us up to date on how you are doing post-jump. Best wishes for a soft landing and quick healing. :)

Thanks Keeka, that means a lot to me. I know you are going to do well, I also do not read posts that are very graphic, and like I said , the closer I get I do get scared, but I must go on faith, because everytime is a new taper. I know you will do well, you have a special thing going for you, you are Strong and know what will help you, and you are not afraid venturing out. You have done the work, now time will be your friend. I am doing pretty good, most of my sx's are dizzy related, some think because of my Meniere's disease, but this is different and so I am on a small hold then will resume my liquid taper, I had to do a tiny up- dose, but will lose it fast, I just could not risk me falling and hurting myself, but otherwise I would say I am doing well with all considered. One day at a time. And this what all who go off of Benzo's has no words, it is the most awful thing, no easy breezy, but there are some that do get out and I am glad for them. You Keeka will do fine, at the bottom of my sig I have a red breathe, and you can go there anytime, I do when I need. Best to a very Courageous Woman, you have fought many battles and you are sure to win this one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: