Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Libr I have always dosed 2 x's per day and will continue to do so until the bitter end. I will end up dropping my night dose and then the AM dose  - 2 1/2 weeks to go - but who says I am counting.  :P

Ive just doses once a day the whole way. Just before I go to bed. Im using valium which has a long half life so it probably doesnt make much of a difference there.

Hi everyone, as you lower down your dose did you ever experienced having a poor sleep like 2 hrs almost zero a night? what supplement or did anything help you get back better sleep.  My worse symptoms now is insomnia that the reason why Im on benzo in the first place.  thanks in advance hope somebody will chime in.  regards, mcm

MCM I usally struggle badly with insomnia for a few days after I cut. Just cant switch off and sleep. Then I seem to get better. Have you tried using those sleep aids we talked about earlier in the thread?

Shamo, yes I tried but it works only first night and the following night it doesn't work properly,  hopefully it will settle before I jump, I'm planning to jump anytime coz I didn't see any progress in such low dose that I'm on.  Hope everyone doing ok today!!!

Hi Keeka= how are you feeling now?  hope youre better this time and healing is going on.  Yes I'm planning to jump soon just need to settle a bit coz I dont see any difference now in my dose, I think my body is adjusting now on the low dose. hopefully I will have the courage to jump a bit scared but this is all what we're waitng for. just struggling with sleep, you're lucky you dont have issue with insomnia.  Goodluck to all!!

MCm

Keeka I jumped last night! Scary but I did it...how are you? Do you have any plans to taper your other meds or just gonna leave them be?

MCM i felt the same way...I was gonna wait a few more days but what difference is it gonna make? Ive been feeling rough for about 2 months anyway and haven't noticed my cuts that much apart from just the continual shitness wave haha. Youre at the same spot I jumped from so hope you jump off soon!

Hi all,

I've been cutting Valium pills all the way down to 1.25 mg.

It's been  very hard since I am only eye balling it. ( no scale) I am sure my cuts have been inaccurate because I was not using a scale, just breaking pills the best I could.

Now that I am switching to liquid, I know I will be very accurate. But where do I start my liquid dose?.

I am scared, and not sure.

Should I stay at the 1.25 dose and just hope that I was close enough to that dose so I do not get any crazy withdrawal fx? .

I guess I really messed myself up when breaking the pills .

What if I was inaccurate on the up side? What if I was inaccurate on the down side?

Don't know what to do!

Am I being neurotic?

I really don't know what to do! YIKES!  HELP!

Might I add I am already in a month hold at my (accurate?, inaccurate?) dose of 1.25 because of a too big previous cut . I stupidly went from 1.5 down to 1.25. I  intend to hold for at least another month or two or longer on the liquid and then do a micro taper.

I really don't know where to start my liquid Valium! Please help!

Thanks for any advice!

Heathcliff I would start your liquid Valium at the same dose you are on now. Some people do a slight updose when they switch to liquid. Figure that going to liquid is like a cut. So given you s/x right now I don't understand why you would be changing to liquid right now vs. just buying a scale for $20.00 and having your dose be accurate.  I know there are a # of people who did not do well when they switched over to the liquid so why risk it at this point in time.

I would suggest that you make no changes right now other than getting a scale.  But if you want to go to liquid do it only for the .25 part of your dose vs the entire dose. Then you will see how you feel and cutting a 2 mg pill in 1/2 will give you accuracy if you take the 2nd 1/2 the day after the 1st 1/2.  SG will figure out how to make the liquid using one of your 2 mg pills for the .25 part of your dose. He is over on the micro taper board.

Heathcliff I would start your liquid Valium at the same dose you are on now. Some people do a slight updose when they switch to liquid. Figure that going to liquid is like a cut. So given you s/x right now I don't understand why you would be changing to liquid right now vs. just buying a scale for $20.00 and having your dose be accurate.  I know there are a # of people who did not do well when they switched over to the liquid so why risk it at this point in time.

I would suggest that you make no changes right now other than getting a scale.  But if you want to go to liquid do it only for the .25 part of your dose vs the entire dose. Then you will see how you feel and cutting a 2 mg pill in 1/2 will give you accuracy if you take the 2nd 1/2 the day after the 1st 1/2.  SG will figure out how to make the liquid using one of your 2 mg pills for the .25 part of your dose. He is over on the micro taper board.

I can only find scales that measure in grams, not milligrams, on Amazon.com I don't know how to use them. Do you know how to convert grams to mg?

I had the same problem re grams.  I was too screwed up to figure it out so I decided to weigh the dose I was on and decrease by weighing the pills. I didn't know what mgs I was at but at least I knew I was heading down and had control over it.

Shamo, congrats

Mcm... So close

I am doing better.  I am not out of woods yet but better.  I am mainly dealing with depression and a feeling like weakness after the flu. 

How about you guys?

Heathcliff the scale is in grams.  To convert to milligrams to know the amt you are taking is easy - it is just a formula.  You need to weigh your pills and get the average weight.  And what mg dose are you taking of the pills?  Remember you are cutting using grams not mg.  To convert:

Once you have this post on the microtaper board and you will get your formula.  It is there by the way many times in older posts - and is also on the Klonopin board in older posts - just scroll back.  I wish they would make conversion a sticky. 

Thanks to all, but I'm sticking with the Valium Roxane liquid. For me, its the easiest and most precise. I can use it all the way down to my tiniest micro taper. It just seems the best for me.  :thumbsup:

Keeka I am doing okay. Had about an hour sleep last night though and taught a shocking year 1 class all day today...bring on the wknd so I can sleep in haha!! I got really down and shitty this morning when I got up for work thinking I can't believe I'm going through this again. But then I remembered that this is the last time ever. There are no more cuts. My sleep on the whole has been pretty good. But those first few nights after a cut are bad.

Thanks guys...3rd day is usally when I get hit but it hasnt really come which is great. Pretty much means this is just like another cut. I didnt see why it would be any different anyway. Its just another reduction in dose. Im expecting to still feel shitty and depressed for at least a couple more weeks then Im hoping to start healing.

Shamo= sleep is better but not great, I know everyone have to deal with it while on taper anyway. I need to get some energy hopefully my sleep is getting better, i will jump next week, wish me luck BBs.  Goodluck to us!!

kallie= congrats!!

Shamo, Keeka==all I can wish is complete healing to all of you!!

MCM I am jumping next week too, following in Shamo's footsteps. I hope we just get our regular cut s/x though none would be great.  :thumbsup:

Mcm- are you doing a daily taper since you switched to liquid? How are the sx's compared to when you were doing cut/hold?

libr=yes im doing daily taper since 3mg because c/h for me is to rough and got hit like brutal then somebody lead me to daily taper since then my s/x become bearable and smoother compare to c/h.  about 2 weeks when I change to daily taper my body adjust, that what everybody's expected anyway when we change our method.  I strggle more with everything when I'm on c/h method.  I know more people are more comfy with c/h anyway.  Goodluck!! whatever method we are using we are all experiencing s/x  just trying to cope.