Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hi all, I am now on 2.5mg Diaz and not doing too great at all. I was originally on 6mg when I started the taper and wasn't too bad until now. The funny thing is I didn't start to feel bad until a week after the latest taper (15th May)

The tension and mind fog are really bad and finding it hard to breathe. I am occasionally  nauseous and dizzy. Craving sugar which I think makes me feel worse.

Can someone advise me should I go back up a dose? :(

Irishlass I would hold and let your system stabilise. Once we get lower it's important to make even smaller cuts more regular. I use a daily micro taper of 0.02mg which is fine if I stick to it. Just can't rush the process.

Chat soon

Yes, A Great way to go for many people... -and not nearly as complicated as it might first appear... If you get stable first, then micro taper slow enough for your needs, you should be able to do it with very little discomfort...

:)

Hi CF  :hug: I just noticed you have cut by 1mg V that's 50% drop sweetie, when did you cut and why such a big cut? And also are  you dry cutting it, if so what method by eye balling or weighing it? And what problems did you have with trying DLMT? or have you retuned to it again? Just wondering about your situation, and how your doing overall lately :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Damn Nova, I thought I might sneak that one past everyone... :)

Its kinda a long story and if it works I will blog and log it in detail...

simply put, I had to add the gabapentin back in anyway, so I replaced some V for GPN... I was thinking I could add a bit of V back in if needed, but so far so good... I think I have been fighting nerve issues that are more from the accident than actual V WD SX... I think you were pretty ill while I was doing some med changes/testing a while back, so u might have missed that side to it...

But my muscles started cramping to the point of tearing a bit, so in a quick decision, I went with the GPN as I have used it lots before I ever took any benzos...

Liquid made me quite ill, so I went back to pill splitting... eye ball is fine as the whole 2mg tablet is gone in 2 days.. -Im not big on fussy... lol

I am feeling the V drop, for sure, day 6 now... but the GPN is stopping most of the GI issues that were the problem in the past... -so I am optomistic... Asides, I would rather try something, than suffer not knowing...

Not decided how I will do the last 1v, a few options... First I will be doing a long hold, -then possibly a much slower C/O to DLMT... -well thats todays plan, it may well change... :)

Thanks for having my back....

How are you doing?

I'm about to drop down to 5 V in the next few days so I took a look at Ashton's taper schedule to see what was recommended as I head into uncharted territory. I was kind of surprised to see the schedules had you dropping 1mg every two weeks.

That seems a little fast to me. Even though I've completely stabilized in a week from 6.2 to 5.6 (except for some extra broken sleep and more loud T days), I'm still skeptical.

What's the consensus around here for cuts when you get to 4 or 3? I'm kind of just winging this whole thing, trying to not make cuts much larger than 10 percent at a time.

That is fast.. if you are benzo dependent that will likely cause you a lot of unnecessary suffering... 

Hi all, I am now on 2.5mg Diaz and not doing too great at all. I was originally on 6mg when I started the taper and wasn't too bad until now. The funny thing is I didn't start to feel bad until a week after the latest taper (15th May)

The tension and mind fog are really bad and finding it hard to breathe. I am occasionally  nauseous and dizzy. Craving sugar which I think makes me feel worse.

Can someone advise me should I go back up a dose? :(

Irishlass I would hold and let your system stabilise. Once we get lower it's important to make even smaller cuts more regular. I use a daily micro taper of 0.02mg which is fine if I stick to it. Just can't rush the process.

Chat soon

Yes, A Great way to go for many people... -and not nearly as complicated as it might first appear... If you get stable first, then micro taper slow enough for your needs, you should be able to do it with very little discomfort...

Hi CF  :hug: I just noticed you have cut by 1mg V that's 50% drop sweetie, when did you cut and why such a big cut? And also are  you dry cutting it, if so what method by eye balling or weighing it? And what problems did you have with trying DLMT? or have you retuned to it again? Just wondering about your situation, and how your doing overall lately :)

Damn Nova, I thought I might sneak that one past everyone... :)

Its kinda a long story and if it works I will blog and log it in detail...

simply put, I had to add the gabapentin back in anyway, so I replaced some V for GPN... I was thinking I could add a bit of V back in if needed, but so far so good... I think I have been fighting nerve issues that are more from the accident than actual V WD SX... I think you were pretty ill while I was doing some med changes/testing a while back, so u might have missed that side to it...

But my muscles started cramping to the point of tearing a bit, so in a quick decision, I went with the GPN as I have used it lots before I ever took any benzos...

Liquid made me quite ill, so I went back to pill splitting... eye ball is fine as the whole 2mg tablet is gone in 2 days.. -Im not big on fussy... lol

I am feeling the V drop, for sure, day 6 now... but the GPN is stopping most of the GI issues that were the problem in the past... -so I am optomistic... Asides, I would rather try something, than suffer not knowing...

Not decided how I will do the last 1v, a few options... First I will be doing a long hold, -then possibly a much slower C/O to DLMT... -well thats todays plan, it may well change... :)

Thanks for having my back....

How are you doing?

Hi CF :hug: Gotta keep look out for a mate  ;D I am "£%$^&!?@! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!  :D today thanks for asking nature of the beast and all that ::)  I also  eye ball the bits I cut from the pills rather than weigh everything it takes me an age weighing, gets me really anxious about accuracy and I'm STILL paranoid about whether my doses are okay or not. Thing is I never was until I came on here and read too much info, than that was yet another thing to get needless anxiety, I did it by cut and eyeball for years with no fear about it, and my last excellent reaching  stable stint was done that way.

Cut, eyeball then hold for as long as was needed. It can get over complicated on times I now worry about crap I never gave a second thought to until I read it on here,as much as I'm totally grateful for this forum there's things I wish I never read man!!  100 different ways too dose, cut , taper, I was doing okay the way I started out I may have had symptoms but now have more mental pressure than ever had beofre constantly worrying about is my dose okay, then I get so worked up I forget if I taken it or worry have I taken one too many :o That started by information overload with too much reading about different methods on here, and its become  a hard bad habit to break too.  Ah well! Que sera' sera' (''What will be, will be".) ::) Hope your little trial with your meds works out well for you CF :hug:

Nova how can you "eyeball" 3.45mgs?

when you were on that?

I understand the eyeballing but how can you possibly MT without weighing etc?

Chat soon

Thank you both very much! I'd best start looking for a decent weighing scales (I'm using a pill cutter at the moment. Probably not the most accurate)

:-\

Hey Nova, Bugger u r still in the thick of it too.. But u have the attitude that will get u through..

Sometimes I have to stand back and clear my head, and do the big picture thing...

I see some worry about a missed dose of V, and yes some can feel it, I know I do now... but I was taking much larger doses of V 4-5 days apart for ages, and sometimes skip a couple of weeks... That was before the Dr warned me that this stuff can cause more problems than the Oxy I was tapering...

Then google... the rest is history...

So yeah, there is something to be said for keeping it in perspective for each individual case...

I know I spend a lot of time listening to my body, and trying to unravel what is what...

As you well know, the trick is not to focus on the negatives or compare to others...

I know im feeling better, I was out of bed a bit more, and cooked two meals in 5 days...That is what I will build on...

Sending strength and well wishes...

Chat soon

Thank you both very much! I'd best start looking for a decent weighing scales (I'm using a pill cutter at the moment. Probably not the most accurate)

:-\

yes, the cut sizes become a problem towards the end.. consuming from the same tablet helps even variances out, if within a couple of days for valium (long half life)...  But I can only do quaters (0.5)  which could have got me to 1v in 0.25 cuts, using a combination of 2v and 5v tablets... But I cant see the point if having to micro for the last bit anyway... and the smaller regular micro cuts seem to be brain and SX friendly, -from what I have seen... And any speed and size one wants...

Either liquid or dry daily micro tapering, has many benifits, and you will get much help on the specific boards...

Be well...

I'm about to drop down to 5 V in the next few days so I took a look at Ashton's taper schedule to see what was recommended as I head into uncharted territory. I was kind of surprised to see the schedules had you dropping 1mg every two weeks.

That seems a little fast to me. Even though I've completely stabilized in a week from 6.2 to 5.6 (except for some extra broken sleep and more loud T days), I'm still skeptical.

What's the consensus around here for cuts when you get to 4 or 3? I'm kind of just winging this whole thing, trying to not make cuts much larger than 10 percent at a time.

That is fast.. if you are benzo dependent that will likely cause you a lot of unnecessary suffering...

I don't think I could ever cut more than .5 at a time, and even those days seem behind me. I have a gram scale and it's time I used it seriously. I'm going to hold until after my birthday next week and then microcut down to 5, holding if I need. I'd love to be below 5 now, but there's no point in rushing this. I've run my CNS ragged for the past five months. Big cuts are obviously not doing it any favors. I just needed that to sink in.

I don't think I could ever cut more than .5 at a time, and even those days seem behind me. I have a gram scale and it's time I used it seriously. I'm going to hold until after my birthday next week and then microcut down to 5, holding if I need. I'd love to be below 5 now, but there's no point in rushing this. I've run my CNS ragged for the past five months. Big cuts are obviously not doing it any favors. I just needed that to sink in.

Did i comment on this already???

Anyways, Those Big cuts have messed up a lot of people I know of... -If not pre jump, then post jump..

Better to keep it SX guided for a gentle step off, which often means micro tapering or more like 0.25v at the lower doses. And possibly longer holding if doing a cut n hold taper... In my opinion, from what I have seen..

So I think your on the right track Lemon...

Asides its much easier to pick up a too slow of a taper, than correct the results of a too fast one...

Good to see the forward planning..!!

I found cut and holds became very difficult once I got under 6mg Valium. I then switched to a daily micro taper and found this much easier. I would aim at cutting 0.50mg a month under 3mg V. Either a 0.25mg cut twice a month or better to do around 0.03mg a day. I'm finding it pretty easy at the moment. All the best :)

I found cut and holds became very difficult once I got under 6mg Valium. I then switched to a daily micro taper and found this much easier. I would aim at cutting 0.50mg a month under 3mg V. Either a 0.25mg cut twice a month or better to do around 0.03mg a day. I'm finding it pretty easy at the moment. All the best :)

OK thanks for all these great suggestions. But wouldn't cutting .03 a day (times 30 days) cut you .9 mg a month?

Yes you are correct. 0.03mg a day is 0.90 per month. 0.02mg is 0.6mg reduction a month.

I found 0.03mg a day was okay until under 3 where I adjusted to 0.02

Hello all;

After a long hold at .5mg and feeling really good day after day, I jumped on May 30, 2017. I took my last .5mg

that morning.

First two days went ok, but I'm really getting hit now, panic creeping in, can't sleep, can't even close eyes.

Maybe i should have stretched it out another month at .25mg per day. Cut and hold was going so well,

I kept the same cut amount near the end, with longer holds.

I don't want to blow it after a year of tapering !

-Justaman

Congrats on being off..!!

You wont blow it, I wouldnt think... might just be like a bit worse of a cut..??

Or you might be fine tomorrow, lets hope...!!

Well done...

Hi,

I am at roughly 1.2mg diazepam and things have gotten really rough and the withdrawals are becoming intolerable.

I'm not really sure what to do as I am kindled from a previous taper and don't know if I should hold or slow down. I'm now cutting 1mg a month down from 2mg, but I am getting worse and worse.

Anyone found that they have stabilised after pushing their taper too quickly?

I feel like I am being poisoned and want to get off, but scared I am not going to be able to cope. 

Im not in your group yet, but it takes me 30 days to cut .5 daily with DLMT. If I did that in one cut, it would be a horror show. The damage to the CNS is what convinced me to to the taper this way. 

I regret not going to .25mg V from .5mg V. I was feeling really good, very functional at .5mg,

and my cut from 1mg to .5 mg went really smooth. I hoped for the best at jump day.

I'm really feeling the sting, but I'm 4 days post jump, and my doc is subtly agsinst reinstating to

.25mg V. Guess I'll have to brass it out. Only got 2 hours sleep last night.

-Justaman

About 90% of the time Drs. Know nothing about tapering. I'm doing this taper completely on my own and with the support of this forum.  Trust your gut. As long as you suffer, You damage your cns.

Justaman - IMHO you are not too far away from your jump to  go back up and take the .25 mg of the Valium and taper from there. I agree with Magnolis, doctors don't know squat about tapering and often have us tapering with way too large cuts and then having us get off too quickly for how our bodies work.  I know from my buddies here that successfully jumped most of us jumped from lower doses and sometimes toughing it out isn't the answer. With that being said, many of us, myself included, after we jumped even from our small dose went into a form of acute.  It is probably because the drug is still coming out of our system. Remember Valium has a long half life and because of how these drugs impact our production of GABA after long term use our bodies need to get back to 'life w/o benzos'. 

Since you did so well going from 1 mg to .5 mg my guess is that if you go to .25 mg your body may be very happy - I would hold there awhile until you feel better for at least a week or two or three and then cut that in 1/2 , hold at that dose a bit and then perhaps jump. The one thing I have learned from this experience is to take the time you need and listen to no one else except your own body.

HOLY COW - Justaman - so sorry you are suffering!  I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE OTHERS. IT IS NOT TO LATE TO NIP THIS IN THE BUD.  I would add back that .25mg. I think that by doing that, you will actually heal much quicker and slide off a bit more easily. Now this is just my opinion. I would most assuredly trust your gut on this. You have done very nicely with your taper thus far, no reason to make it unbearable. Pls do not see this as a set back, or disappointment. You will do what is best for you now and in the long run.  :smitten:

Thank you all for your support !

I am going to stick it out. I feel a bit better than yesterday, hopefully the trend sticks.

My Doc would have let me go to .25mg. His opinion so far  has been 'go as slow as you want, but no going backward',

so I have nobody to blame but myself.

I hit tolerance before my taper, and so was having pretty bad symptoms (when I was on Klonopin) at that time.

Also around 12mg V I had some really rough days.

My coping skills have gotten much better since i started the taper, and the light at the end of the tunnel

is sustaining me also !

All in all I feel pretty lucky. I tapered 36mg of Valium in almost exactly a year.

I'm looking forward to those 'warm windows' I read about !

-Justaman

I am going to stick it out. I feel a bit better than yesterday, hopefully the trend sticks.

My Doc would have let me go to .25mg. His opinion so far  has been 'go as slow as you want, but no going backward',

I hit tolerance before my taper, and so was having pretty bad symptoms (when I was on Klonopin) at that time.

My coping skills have gotten much better since i started the taper, and the light at the end of the tunnel

Great job Justaman tapering that quantity of Valium. It's been a few days since your jump and it would have been better to slide off lower but you are off and that's the best news ever. I wish you a speedy recovery and again...well done

is sustaining me also !

All in all I feel pretty lucky. I tapered 36mg of Valium in almost exactly a year.

-Justaman

• 3 weeks later...

Great job Justaman tapering that quantity of Valium. It's been a few days since your jump and it would have been better to slide off lower but you are off and that's the best news ever. I wish you a speedy recovery and again...well done

is sustaining me also !

-Justaman

Would appear my post wasn't finished. Well done Justamam and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I've really been enjoying life and just spent a week away on holiday. I have some slight weakness in strength and can get tired easy but all in all doing really well. Pays to listen to our bodies and daily microtapering has made this process so much easier. I'm currently reducing at 0.02mg a day.

Looking forward to the finish line now and wish everyone well.

Hey JUST -  I want to encourage you with the tremendous progress you have made. 36mg in a year is fabulous. ( i am a bit jealous) But I know that it has been a difficult road for you. Keep on man - You will conquer this! (i hope and pray to complete 1.83mg in a year... lol  :laugh:

I have noticed the oddest symptom that has surfaced since I made it 3mg. I find that I periodically swell up all over and am gaining weight. Most espically since I hit the 2mg mark. Bloating/benzo belly I have had on and off the entire time. but this swelling all over comes and goes. yet the weight gain in steadily rising. I have gained 10 lbs in 5 months. Does anyone else have this issue as well? I was wondering what might be causing it. ( oh it doesnt matter if I eat a lettuce leaf or tree leaves. My eating habits have remained the same over the course of 6 years and i was not over weight. but at this rate - i sure will be) :smitten:

Hi Guys

I'm STILL holding on 2.5mg. It's been about 6 weeks since last cut and I just haven't stabilised whatsoever. How can that be? I'm doing everything; acupuncture, yoga, therapy. The muscle tension feels the worst by far especially the neck which feels like a jumble of tendons/muscles all wrapped around each other. I'm in despair. Do you guys think it could partly be psychosomatic?

Ps Any advice on where to get a decent but CHEAP scales? I've heard that the 0.0001 are suitable but the prices on Amazon are $600-700. Crikey :(