Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I am at 1.20 today.. It's getting hard to get the taper just right but I have slowed to 1ml per day bc I would like to keep my functionality if possible even if it's limited

Doc recommended this for sleep:

Melatonin

Magnesium

Lemon balm drops

And possibly ashwaghanda he said

He is an integrative psychiatrist

I also gave him Baylissa Fredericks book and he was excited to read it

My big question is what to do to minimize Akathesia --- ? I had it at the end of my fast taper what are the odds I will have it again?

Hmm not sure

He mentioned propranolol

I am on remeron still ( for the last year since cold turkey fast taper)

4-6 more mos to go?

Basically 120 days. Countdown begins. I can also go slower if need be.

Thank u everyone

Hi All,

I've made it down to 2.25mg and feel a bit tattered. Going to hold a day or two and then continue on with .01 to .02mg reductions on a daily basis. Praying for 6 more months max.

How's everyone feeling these days?

Best,

Ed

Hi All,

I've made it down to 2.25mg and feel a bit tattered. Going to hold a day or two and then continue on with .01 to .02mg reductions on a daily basis. Praying for 6 more months max.

How's everyone feeling these days?

Best,

Ed

Ed, your progress is outstanding and your positive attitude is one of my major motivators! I'm so happy to hear that you're wisely holding for a moment but also bravely continuing. I've got a cut coming up on Saturday so I'm doing the same. I think some of those physical symptoms I was having might have been my anxiety manifesting itself physically. Once I decided to slow down, the stress levels went down and I have been feeling relatively normal.

As you know, I was almost ready to continue on my original taper plan with your encouragement, but I decided to slow it down just to be safe. I'm doing so well at work that I really want to be able to continue at it, and I felt this might make that more of a possibility. I'm doing so well at work, I even picked up an extra day of work per week! For the past several years I have been taking Wednesdays off so that I work Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday, never more than two days of work in a row, both for anxiety reasons and because of RSI type issues (carpal tunnel, etc.). I'm a transcriptionist and captioner and I type 130 words per minute. I've got my desk set up as ergonomically as possible and I've been feeling really good, so I'm taking a chance with working Wednesdays back in! Two weeks of that so far, and so far so good!

On that note, I have a question. Is anyone able to keep working during acute? Or even during the last phase of the taper? I generally do take a two-week vacation in December so it's not the end of the world if I have to do so, but I just want to know what to expect. Money is particularly tight right now, so at least working these extra days in the meantime will help me build up a tiny buffer against whatever time I may have to take off... I know that I do better mentally when I work though. Days off and too much lying around seem to really rev up my anxiety. Which is funny because I used to really enjoy my downtime. I guess we all change with time!

Thoughts? :)

SandP,

Thank you for your kind words. Any way I can help you (or anyone), I will.

Hi Shamo,

Thank you!  I started in November '15.  I wish I could say this taper has been filled with minimal sx, but the truth is that it has been brutal.  I'm slogging on despite. What else can we do?  How are you feeling these days?

--Ed

So you started your taper about a month after me. Both coming up on the 1 year mark. Happy anniversary to us...NOT! ;)

Sounds like we're on a similar time path. You're starting dose was 5mg more than me so you're not too far behind. Yeah I'm having a lot of trouble with mental symptoms. Just bad intrusive thoughts. They are better than they were when I jumped 3 months ago. But still doing a number on me. I have moments where I really freak out cause it feels like I dont even have control of my own brain.

Have you gotten better/worse while tapering?

As of this morning I am in the club. :thumbsup:

Dropped down to the equivalent of 2.73mg of valium

I do hope I can sustain this as the last few weeks have been hell with only a few hours of sleep per night, last night though I slept well for about 6 hours but when I woke up the anxiety and jitters started to build. :tickedoff:  I have been plagued with loud tinnitus that raises and lowers in volume for the duration of my taper, this morning it was thankfully at a low level. :)

I do hope I can sustain this as the last few weeks have been hell with only a few hours of sleep per night, last night though I slept well for about 6 hours but when I woke up the anxiety and jitters started to build. :tickedoff:  I have been plagued with loud tinnitus that raises and lowers in volume for the duration of my taper, this morning it was thankfully at a low level. :)

Nice job, 2trusting!  Welcome to the club.  Time to hunker down and do your best to finish this sucker off.

Best,

Ed

So you started your taper about a month after me. Both coming up on the 1 year mark. Happy anniversary to us...NOT! ;)

Sounds like we're on a similar time path. You're starting dose was 5mg more than me so you're not too far behind. Yeah I'm having a lot of trouble with mental symptoms. Just bad intrusive thoughts. They are better than they were when I jumped 3 months ago. But still doing a number on me. I have moments where I really freak out cause it feels like I dont even have control of my own brain.

Have you gotten better/worse while tapering?

Sorry to hear about the intrusive thoughts. That's one symptom that I thankfully do not have. I'm glad there has been some improvement.

My taper has been a rough one. Aside for about 1mg worth of cuts from 3.8 to 2.8 (taken in .25mg cuts), my system has gotten more sensitive and I feel worse.  Nothing I can do about it now. I know you blew through in chunks, but I'm going to go slowly and see what happens. From everything I read, it seems as if one has to pay the piper either way. Get off slowly and suffer or get off quickly and then suffer anyway; I just don't want to "crash" my taper and have to updose/reinstate.

Hope you continue healing,

Ed

Exactly. The piper must be paid. Its just a matter of when.  The last 2mg was so brutal for me. How is your head space with this whole thing? As in your outlook.

Exactly. The piper must be paid. Its just a matter of when.  The last 2mg was so brutal for me. How is your head space with this whole thing? As in your outlook.

It's positive. I didn't have anxiety issues, tinnitus, muscle soreness, internal thermostat problems, etc, etc etc before...and I fully expect to recover from these things in due time.  That doesn't change the fact that my brain, body, and system are worn to a nub and I am struggling now. Just trying to look to the horizon.

Nice job, 2trusting!  Welcome to the club.  Time to hunker down and do your best to finish this sucker off

Best,

Ed

Thank you for the thoughts.

I am hoping for an easier ride but expecting the worst. It will be done though.

i am also closing in on the finish line. i see how incredibly sensitive the body is at these low doses. and you almost have to touch the fire to realize it because its hard to understand how much and how fast to slow down. when i was at 3.5 to 2.5 i seemed to be unable to stabilize until i simply stopped cutting ( i was doing little daily cuts) until my body caught up. i believe it will catch up, its just hard to comprehend how different it is from what has been going on the rest of the taper.  i am now holding at .43 mg val equivalent. lately I've been cutting .03 a day for about 4 days then resting for about three days. so basically I'm going stupid slow but i have things under control as of this moment so that i expect that when i drop off at .03, i am going to get a full sleep the next night.  i keep reading it is sometimes impossible to stabilize at low doses. i think thats not true. its just hard to figure out where your body is versus where your "plan" is.

Hi shamo

I know you mention intrusive thoughts

What is it like?

Mental looping?

I had that before benzo and still have it but I guess I am just so used to it

It doesn't feel normal though remeron has calmed it down

I am at 1.19 mg of Valium tonight

I keep getting sick

I now have a cold.. Anyone have this where their immunity was shot?

I just started taking juice plus tablets and probiotics and vit c and zinc

None seem to bother me. I just am trying to stay strong

Anyone doing the flu shot? Or against it?

I so do the intrusive looping thoughts/memories that blend into the nt mares - that is when i can sleep. Those never let up, they only change on what my brain become fixated on.  My immune system is very low and i catch anything or everything going around. I try really hard to not near anyone that is ill.  It is amazing how sensitive our bodies/brain remain even on such a low dose.  Best of luck to everyone as you keep on plugging along to your goal and healing!

I so do the intrusive looping thoughts/memories that blend into the nt mares - that is when i can sleep. Those never let up, they only change on what my brain become fixated on.  My immune system is very low and i catch anything or everything going around. I try really hard to not near anyone that is ill.  It is amazing how sensitive our bodies/brain remain even on such a low dose.  Best of luck to everyone as you keep on plugging along to your goal and healing!

Hey stranger! Welcome to the 3,2,1 thread!  As you already know, I got sick two weeks ago after driving 2 nights for Uber. It took FOREVER to recover. Count me in as someone who thinks our immune systems are down during this taper. It only makes sense. Our bodies are struggling so hard already to cope with what we have going on that there is very little in reserves for fighting off foreign invaders.

--Ed

I just wanted to pop back in for a moment and thank you all once more for convincing me to slow down my taper. My vertigo issues happened to kick back in on the day of my cut, hours before I actually made the cut, and I'm glad I had already firmly decided to slow down so that I didn't have to deliberate that decision as my world was spinning. I'm really grateful for the warnings.

This cut is going smoothly so far other than dealing with the vertigo, so I can't complain. I really think full 1 mg cuts would have been too much in my current condition.

Unfortunately tonight is that event that I was looking forward to and I had to skip out on it because I'm too dizzy. That makes me sad but my partner is going with a cousin instead (bummer but better than wasting the tickets) and there's always next year. At least it is annual and not a one-time thing. :wacko:

I'm sorry you're missing your event.  >:(  But as I'm sure you recognize, getting yourself nursed back to health is paramount.  It may not seem so, but perhaps not going this year will make things that much sweeter when you attend next year with this all in the rear view mirror?  At least that's how I like to look at things.

I'm glad you listened to what your body told you and I hope and pray for your continued healing from these drugs.

:smitten:

Ed

solaceandpeace, what ever you have decided it still seems that you are doing well and the end is in sight for you.

Hope you don't mind but you are one of the people I am keeping a watch on regarding my taper and although I will make my own decisions it is good to see how others fare.

S & P

Ed said it well and I dito that, Look at how you are inspiring and encouraging others! You are making wise choices and will reap the benefits - healing is happening ;)

Hi SandP, at least you don't have much longer on this stuff, even with the slow down. I feel you on the vertigo. I have a history of Meniere's disease and in the past sometimes it would feel likeI was going to spin out of my chair. It always hit hard with no warning too. Scary stuff. So far I've only felt a little wobbly during my taper, knock on wood. Hang in there.

Going down to 2mg tonight, another milestone. Also my first greater than 10% cut. This last cut felt mostly like the previous cuts until the end when I got hit at day 13, which is late for me. I'm holding every cut at least 14 days from here on out. Looks like at this rate I'll be off sometime in January. Seems so far away.

Hi SandP, at least you don't have much longer on this stuff, even with the slow down. I feel you on the vertigo. I have a history of Meniere's disease and in the past sometimes it would feel likeI was going to spin out of my chair. It always hit hard with no warning too. Scary stuff. So far I've only felt a little wobbly during my taper, knock on wood. Hang in there.

Going down to 2mg tonight, another milestone. Also my first greater than 10% cut. This last cut felt mostly like the previous cuts until the end when I got hit at day 13, which is late for me. I'm holding every cut at least 14 days from here on out. Looks like at this rate I'll be off sometime in January. Seems so far away.

Congrats Grape!  I'm so happy to hear you're down to 2mg. That's a nice milestone. I've had to slow down a bit due to nasty reactions to even slight cuts.  The new year isn't that far off. 2 1/2 months is nothing compared to being free for life.

All the best,

Ed

You are all so awesome! :smitten: Reading your encouraging words really made my night. I ended up having a fun night at home watching old shows and coloring in an adult coloring book (ahem ok and maybe a Barbie one too, shh, lol). My partner had a great night at the party too. All is well. :) I have no regrets because things happen as they're meant to.

The vertigo decreases little by little each day. I haven't returned to work yet but I was able to be up and around doing things for a couple of hours today and during the two previous days, so it's not full bed rest at this point. I'd say I'm doing pretty decent considering. On the plus side, I have lost six pounds (finally!) after being stuck for about a year and I'm feeling incredibly clear headed. I feel real, if that makes sense. I didn't even realize how numbed out I was on the benzos until now. It's weird to feel so bad and so good at the same time! Lol :laugh:

Thanks you guys, you're really the best. I'm so proud of all of us! :smitten:

Hey edzo,

Hang in there buddy.  The work you're putting in is worth it.  My first two weeks off were shitty as I thought I was crashing but I didn't and it gets better.  Just be careful at the end of your taper and listen to your body. 

Shamo,

Hey man I am glad you're getting better.  I am sorry about the intrusive thoughts but it sounds like that is becoming less intense.  You'll get better in time.

Hey y'all. Happy to be part of this group

I resumed my taper now that I am better from pneumonia then virus

I am at 1.10 tonight

I am not sure what has changed but I am having a lot of wake ups through the night and don't feel I sleep much

I am on remeron as well

I am still using a levabuterol inhaler and started taking juice plus for my immune system bc I MA having a problem catching everything ( it has a bit of spirulina in it)

Also taking zinc

I tried the cherry tart juice- still woke up

Last night ditched the cherry tart but still woke

Are you guys having trouble sleeping through the night and if so what helps? What does your sleep look like?

I am going to be at 1 in 10 days and hold it for 10 days then resume taper to make sure I don't get hit

Then it's all liquid. Scary.. Plan on about 100 days or more from there but I wish I wasn't going to end the taper in February which is the worst month of the year for me with colds and flus etc