3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I was wondering when everyone planned on jumping?  I know Ashton says at .5mg, but I’ve read too many horror stories from that number.  I had planned on .25mg, but I’ve just continued on.  I’m looking forward to being benzo free, but I don’t want to put myself through more withdrawal than necessary. 

My taper is going pretty well.  It’s been a LONG one.  But, I feel like the end is getting pretty close.  I still have anxiety/panic, some tinnitus occasionally, boughts of dizziness sometimes, head fog comes and goes…. But it’s not terrible.  I’m working from home mainly with a meeting 2x a week and I am doing pretty well.

Hello! I am at 1.21mg today. I think I’m going to take it all the way to 0.01 then 0.

I don’t want any extra surprises or acute symptoms. I am feeling impatient though. It would be so nice to chunk away at it and be done.

I have felt a bit better for the last week or 2 and was considering speeding up a bit,  but I think im going to work on doing more for myself and getting back into the world. I don’t go out much, don’t work, only drive every few weeks. It’s been nice to cocoon, but I want to start getting out more. Scares me to push like that, but that’s going to be the thing that brings feelings of healing I believe.

How often do you decrease? (Both of you 😊)

I decrease my dose daily with a DLMT.  I am decreasing by .02mL a day which equates to .002mg a day.  I am at around a 25% reduction a month.  I hope to stay close to the speed I’m going, but will definitely slow down or hold if necessary. 

I was wondering when everyone planned on jumping?  I know Ashton says at .5mg, but I’ve read too many horror stories from that number.  I had planned on .25mg, but I’ve just continued on.  I’m looking forward to being benzo free, but I don’t want to put myself through more withdrawal than necessary. 

My taper is going pretty well.  It’s been a LONG one.  But, I feel like the end is getting pretty close.  I still have anxiety/panic, some tinnitus occasionally, boughts of dizziness sometimes, head fog comes and goes…. But it’s not terrible.  I’m working from home mainly with a meeting 2x a week and I am doing pretty well.

Hello! I am at 1.21mg today. I think I’m going to take it all the way to 0.01 then 0.

I don’t want any extra surprises or acute symptoms. I am feeling impatient though. It would be so nice to chunk away at it and be done.

I have felt a bit better for the last week or 2 and was considering speeding up a bit,  but I think im going to work on doing more for myself and getting back into the world. I don’t go out much, don’t work, only drive every few weeks. It’s been nice to cocoon, but I want to start getting out more. Scares me to push like that, but that’s going to be the thing that brings feelings of healing I believe.

I decrease my dose daily with a DLMT.  I am decreasing by .02mL a day which equates to .002mg a day.  I am at around a 25% reduction a month.  I hope to stay close to the speed I’m going, but will definitely slow down or hold if necessary.

Hi How are you doing? Are you mostly functional? Is that .002mg of V a day? At what point did you slow down? Will you taper to zero? Sorry for all the questions. I am tapering at about the same daily rate but my dose is 1.51mg so the % is much smaller. I am not sure how I am going to proceed. I am bed bound since a year.

Hey fruity - things seemed to be better for a bit. I’m back in a wave now, I think hormones are getting me. Sometimes ovulation makes me super amped and anxious.

I’m still moving down. But yes, things eased up for a bit around 1.3 for me.

The lows didn’t seem so low, anxiety not so high.

I’m hoping for more of that once I move through this rough patch.

I’m at 1.17mg today - I’ve done one day of 0.02mg (once a week) for the past 2 weeks then fallen back to the 0.01mg per day for the other days. I just want this done. I’m so tired of feeling like this.

I need a break from it all, so I’m digging in a bit more.

Hey everyone,

I don’t post here often, but I needed to come on today and talk to people who get it.

I feel like I’m stuck at .98 mg of V. I’m on a liquid pharmaceutical, no more pills. I made a .01 mg reduction on Thursday and was thrown into a horrible wave all weekend which I’m just now starting to peak my head out of. At this rate I’ll be on this crap for the next two years, if not longer. I don’t know anyone who is as sensitive as I am. I feel defeated and this feels impossible. I started my V taper in 2017 at 11 mgs and took it slow for the entire way, just for this to happen?  It feels so unfair and I don’t know what to do to move forward. The only thing I can think of would be to dilute my liquid with water to achieve smaller cuts. But I hesitate doing that because my body is so incredibly sensitive, I’m terrified that the dilution will throw me into another huge wave.  :'(

Hey everyone,

I don’t post here often, but I needed to come on today and talk to people who get it.

I feel like I’m stuck at .98 mg of V. I’m on a liquid pharmaceutical, no more pills. I made a .01 mg reduction on Thursday and was thrown into a horrible wave all weekend which I’m just now starting to peak my head out of. At this rate I’ll be on this crap for the next two years, if not longer. I don’t know anyone who is as sensitive as I am. I feel defeated and this feels impossible. I started my V taper in 2017 at 11 mgs and took it slow for the entire way, just for this to happen?  It feels so unfair and I don’t know what to do to move forward. The only thing I can think of would be to dilute my liquid with water to achieve smaller cuts. But I hesitate doing that because my body is so incredibly sensitive, I’m terrified that the dilution will throw me into another huge wave.  :'(

Yeah, I'm that sensitive.

0,01 is way too big of a cut for me. Holding at 1.7 mg V for almost 2 months.

I normally taper at 0.002 mg a day.

Here's the good news. You heal while holding. I've healed so much the past 2 months.

There was another member who reported this too. She hold her taper for 4 months. After that she thought she had to go on tapering slow. But the opposite was true.

Our bodies heal on the way down, even while holding.

Hey everyone,

Here's the good news. You heal while holding. I've healed so much the past 2 months.

There was another member who reported this too. She hold her taper for 4 months. After that she thought she had to go on tapering slow. But the opposite was true.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Holding usually helps me too, but, I’ve noticed during my last long hold (four months February -June), I started feeling worse again. I’ve made barely any progress the past year because I’ve held so much. Perhaps this is tolerance, but I had no choice due to life stressors and also getting COVID. I’m sorry if I sound so negative. On a positive note- I feel less alone knowing I’m not alone here in regards to sensitivity. I honestly think I couldn’t do .002 mg daily- that would equal to .06 mg a month… I literally imagine I’d self-implode taking that much out in 30 days.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Holding usually helps me too, but, I’ve noticed during my last long hold (two months February -June), I started feeling worse again. I’ve made barely any progress the past year because I’ve held so much. Perhaps this is tolerance, but I had no choice due to life stressors and also getting COVID. I’m sorry if I sound so negative. On a positive note- I feel less alone knowing I’m not alone here in regards to sensitivity. I honestly think I couldn’t do .002 mg daily- that would equal to .06 mg a month… I literally imagine I’d self-implode taking that much out in 30 days.

I was that way too, but I couldn't handle the suffering anymore. I was done with it. I surrendered to it, accepted it and whatever will be will be.

Hey everyone,

If the wave lasts just for a weekend and then goes away, you're safe to make the next cut in 2 weeks. I made much bigger cuts, and my symptoms lasted for approx. 2 to 5 days before they cleared. Every 2 weeks I made a cut of 0.5 mg of valium.

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in. I’m at 1.03mg and it’s rough. Vision and hearing and dizziness symptoms are really pronounced. I lay in bed a lot of the day. I have forced myself to go out a few times last week. Drove to a park just a few miles away and sat on the grass one evening. Limbic system was firing off all sorts of warnings. Trying to tell me the sky is falling 😮‍💨

I’m getting close to the “100 days left” mark. I just don’t know if I can keep up the pace.

I am hoping for bits of relief here and there that allow me to keep going.

Ovulation was rough but pms not a big deal this month. So weird.

It’s so hard to remember that this will end and our lives will come back together. I wish some of the old school 3,2,1 people who are better could pep talk us a bit. ❤️

Hang in there friends

Checking in. I’m at 1.03mg and it’s rough. Vision and hearing and dizziness symptoms are really pronounced. I lay in bed a lot of the day. I have forced myself to go out a few times last week. Drove to a park just a few miles away and sat on the grass one evening. Limbic system was firing off all sorts of warnings. Trying to tell me the sky is falling 😮‍💨

I’m getting close to the “100 days left” mark. I just don’t know if I can keep up the pace.

It’s so hard to remember that this will end and our lives will come back together. I wish some of the old school 3,2,1 people who are better could pep talk us a bit. ❤️

Hang in there friends

Hi Tree

Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear it’s getting harder. You have been so strong and have done a great job. I spend everyday in bed already. And last week was tough with the loss of a family member. I watched the service virtually and had a really bad week after with very severe diarrhea. It was pretty scary as it was making me so weak and dehydrated at the amount that I was going I couldn’t hardly keep up walking to the bathroom. Had to resort to the commode next to the bed. Thankful I took one imodium and it stopped. I am increasing my rate from 5% to 10 this week. I think that puts me at about .15mg a month reduction. I am worried about doing it because I am so unwell but going so slow at 5% isn’t helping me feel better or be more functional at all so I worry I am just delaying the process. My symptoms are many and severe and I am worried what this increase in rate will do. Please check back in with me it helps. I think I am around 1.47mg

Hey Guys….I’m at 1 1/2mg of Valium. I was having severe depression at 2 mg so decided to go ahead and taper. I’ve cut back on my tea and have been able to see some improvement. I’m dry cutting so anything that y’all can help me with would be greatly appreciated!Trying to decide when the next time to taper? If I knew it would get better going down I would go ahead but am scared!

Redbird

Hey Red, I think the daily microtaper helped me the most out of all the taper methods. The cut and hold was too much for me.

Good work getting down so low! Keep us posted on how things are going.

I’m still tapering - I’m down to 1.01mg today. I use a liquid Valium that is made by the manufacturer. It’s 1mg/ml so I take 1.01ml today.

I go down by 0.01ml per day.

Red - looking at your signature, you’ve been so persistent with your taper!

That’s impressive work. How have you been decreasing the last little while? Do you dry cut?

0.5mg at a time?

You’re almost there 🙌🏻

Yes!I am dry cutting. This last cut I went to 1 1/2 because when I tried to go to 1mg 5 days out of 30 I did not do so well.I think it could also have been that it was not a consistent thing by just randomly doing it 5 out of 30. I think being consistent really helps. I guess that’s why I am a little skittish at dropping 0.5 so I will be on a 1 mg.

Hang in there friends

Hi Tree

Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear it’s getting harder. You have been so strong and have done a great job. I spend everyday in bed already. And last week was tough with the loss of a family member. I watched the service virtually and had a really bad week after with very severe diarrhea. It was pretty scary as it was making me so weak and dehydrated at the amount that I was going I couldn’t hardly keep up walking to the bathroom. Had to resort to the commode next to the bed. Thankful I took one imodium and it stopped. I am increasing my rate from 5% to 10 this week. I think that puts me at about .15mg a month reduction. I am worried about doing it because I am so unwell but going so slow at 5% isn’t helping me feel better or be more functional at all so I worry I am just delaying the process. My symptoms are many and severe and I am worried what this increase in rate will do. Please check back in with me it helps. I think I am around 1.47mg

Hi Fruitypop. I'm sorry you're in such a difficult situation. Did the five month hold help at all? Did you see any improvement by the end of the hold?

Hi How are you doing? Are you mostly functional? Is that .002mg of V a day? At what point did you slow down? Will you taper to zero? Sorry for all the questions. I am tapering at about the same daily rate but my dose is 1.51mg so the % is much smaller. I am not sure how I am going to proceed. I am bed bound since a year.

I am doing pretty well.  These drugs have side effects no matter what, but I am mostly functional, yes.  I have days where I’m not, but those are few and far between right now.  I know I’m very lucky with that.  Yes, I am tapering at .002mg of Valium a day.  I started my taper at a rate of around 5% years ago.  I worked my way up to around a 25% reduction per month.  I’ve gotten a bit higher right now, at a 40% reduction.  But, towards the end, you have to go faster or you’ll never get off.  I may go down to .001mg reduction a day if I notice an up stick in symptoms. Heck, I’ll probably do it soon anyways, so I don’t have that happen.  I plan to taper to zero, yes.  I was very symptomatic for a long time. I’ve gotten lucky that the lower I’ve gotten, the better I’ve gotten overall.  I have some things that I am sure are benzo with drawl, but I don’t think about them.  There’s symptoms that take over some days and I don’t know how I will make it. 

Hang in there!  You’re cutting, you’re doing it at your pace and that’s okay.  All bodies are different.  I am super sensitive to meds and I’m surprised I’m not worse, to be honest.  You’re doing what you can to rid your life and self of this drug.  Keep chugging along!  I’m proud of the getting this far!

Greetings all! I last posted here at the end of October ‘19. After my jump and subsequent reinstatement 4 days later, I still wasn’t feeling well so I went back to my psychiatrist in early Nov and went up to 4 mg V. I held there for a little over a month (and transitioned from powdered V in capsules to a homemade liquid). Started tapering again the middle of December. I’m back now to share that I am below 3 mg as of today.  :smitten:

This taper has been very different from the one I did last year. I am still recovering from the jump in October, but overall things seem to be improving. There’s been a bit of trial and error with the DLMT, but this method has been a lot easier for me than when I was powdering my tablets and weighing them out in increments (so time consuming—but it worked and I have a friend who is 1 month V free using that method). I’m tapering at about 8.5% per 14 days at the moment, but modify as needed when symptoms arise.

Also I’m working with my therapist using DBT and mindfulness to help develop solid coping skills for when I’m benzo free.

I’m glad to be back!

Hi all,

I tried a jump over a week ago and on the 2nd night, had terrifying wd and had to reinstate.  I up dosed this past Sunday to .1875 mg xanax a day from the .174 mg I attempted to jump from (I know - not smart and I did not realize that was too high a dose to jump from).  I am still feeling horrible!  Had some really bad sxs a couple days ago of distorted vision, left hand was numb, shaky etc.  I had to take an additional dose of xanax and it helped, this has happened 2 times in the last couple weeks, once before the jump and then once since I reinstated.

Today is day 5 and I am still not doing well.  For those of you that jumped and reinstated within a few days, how long did it take you to start to feel better?  I just want to feel human again.  I know it takes time to recover from a jump and reinstatement.  I thought I would have started to feel a little better by now!

Thanks for any responses.  I need hope and encourgement.....

I’m still tapering - I’m down to 1.01mg today. I use a liquid Valium that is made by the manufacturer. It’s 1mg/ml so I take 1.01ml today.

I go down by 0.01ml per day.

Hi everyone Under 3.0mg, thought I'd say hi, just started microtaper I'm at 0.97mg tonight - Treelover, we are very close in taper! 2.0mg to 1.0mg I was able to cut and hold but it got hard.

Hi Littleleaf,

Yeah we’re right at the same dose! I’m at 0.99 today.

What’s your plan? Do you dose twice a day?

I’m currently doing 0.52mg in morning and 0.47mg at night. I find it a bit easier to take off the night dose. Keep in touch! Let’s finish this out strong!

Are you making the liquid or do you have the manufacturer made one?

Hope you are doing well.

As for the Xanax reinstatement question, I’m sorry I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe on the Xanax under 0.125mg post? (I think there’s a group called that)

Greetings all! I last posted here at the end of October ‘19. After my jump and subsequent reinstatement 4 days later, I still wasn’t feeling well so I went back to my psychiatrist in early Nov and went up to 4 mg V. I held there for a little over a month (and transitioned from powdered V in capsules to a homemade liquid). Started tapering again the middle of December. I’m back now to share that I am below 3 mg as of today.  :smitten:

This taper has been very different from the one I did last year. I am still recovering from the jump in October, but overall things seem to be improving. There’s been a bit of trial and error with the DLMT, but this method has been a lot easier for me than when I was powdering my tablets and weighing them out in increments (so time consuming—but it worked and I have a friend who is 1 month V free using that method). I’m tapering at about 8.5% per 14 days at the moment, but modify as needed when symptoms arise.

Also I’m working with my therapist using DBT and mindfulness to help develop solid coping skills for when I’m benzo free.

I’m glad to be back!

Hi all,

I tried a jump over a week ago and on the 2nd night, had terrifying wd and had to reinstate.  I up dosed this past Sunday to .1875 mg xanax a day from the .174 mg I attempted to jump from (I know - not smart and I did not realize that was too high a dose to jump from).  I am still feeling horrible!  Had some really bad sxs a couple days ago of distorted vision, left hand was numb, shaky etc.  I had to take an additional dose of xanax and it helped, this has happened 2 times in the last couple weeks, once before the jump and then once since I reinstated.

Today is day 5 and I am still not doing well.  For those of you that jumped and reinstated within a few days, how long did it take you to start to feel better?  I just want to feel human again.  I know it takes time to recover from a jump and reinstatement.  I thought I would have started to feel a little better by now!

Sorry, the group is called The Xanax Club… maybe they can offer advice?

Hang in there 🙏🏻

Hey all,

I’m still on the struggle bus. I decided to go ahead and add back in .005 mg to halve my last cut of .01 mg which seemed like too much due to the wave that ensued. I held at .985 mgs for 3 weeks and felt somewhat better but not great at all. I made the next .005 mg reduction last night and I’m feeling horrible today again. I wish I could make progress  :'(

I’m glad to be back!

Hi all,

Sorry, the group is called The Xanax Club… maybe they can offer advice?

Hang in there 🙏🏻

Thanks but that thread has not been active for quite a while!

This is my second day of cutting from 1 1/2 to 1. So far it hasn’t been bad. I have head pressure allergies and sinuses aching but this could be due to weather changes.

Redbird