3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hang in there everyone, I never thought I would be free from benzos for over 1 year but I am!

The only way out is through..

Hey Jimmy thanks for the encouragement, how was that mg of Valium. Looks like you slowed your taper quite a bit. Did you get a lot of sxs ? What taper method did you use? How was it when you jumped? Sorry so many questions, it is getting harder for me as I’m getting lower, curious how it went for you,

Joeb

Joeb - hope the NAD helps out! Sorry you’ve had rough weeks. It continually surprises me how hard it is to get off this medicine.

In addition to vertigo,  I mentally went to a very dark place. Anhedonia doesn’t describe it. You just feel vacant and also dysphoric. Nothing feels ok. At this point I would gladly accept a day that is just “ok” I don’t need good. Just not awful. I’m heading in the right direction, but still spent 4 or so hours in bed today completely overwhelmed and just feeling lost in space.

Also called a benzo friend and cried on the phone for an hour or so.

It’s crazy how you can’t remember ever feeling ok - even when clearly a week or so ago, I felt good enough to dive in again on tapering.

If I slow it down more, it looks like I’ll be closer to January if next year before I’m done. Very disheartening.

Sorry it’s getting rough Tree I feel your pain. I was so bad the last 2 weeks it was agony.

I really think the NAD is helping me I had another decent day today. I hope it continues and I can see a more significant difference as the week progresses. I’m 3 days into my cut to 1mg so far so good. But I never get too confident like you said you never know what this poison will throw your way. I too am tired of doing this taper torture.Hope you are feeling better today

Joeb

You all are doing fantastic. I was cutting about .5 every two weeks but that’s about 1 mg a month which is 25% so I’m going to slow down a bit.  I’m still working and functional and want to keep it that way.

I’m 11 days into 2.3mg hold. Some bits of the day I feel okay. I went for a 6 minute walk last night on my street and almost panicked. But I did it.

Had some ok moments today, tried to run an errand with my husband. Got 4 miles from home in the car and was in tears. Just afraid of everything.

How did I do a 75 min yoga class 11 days ago? I feel like a shell of a human.

Hope this continues to let up.

I will microtaper from here, very slowly, after a long hold.

I’m 11 days into 2.3mg hold. Some bits of the day I feel okay. I went for a 6 minute walk last night on my street and almost panicked. But I did it.

Had some ok moments today, tried to run an errand with my husband. Got 4 miles from home in the car and was in tears. Just afraid of everything.

How did I do a 75 min yoga class 11 days ago? I feel like a shell of a human.

Hope this continues to let up.

I will microtaper from here, very slowly, after a long hold.

Sorry to hear Tree, I hope things lighten up soon for you.

Joeb

Hey Joeb - do you dose once a day? I forget if you told me.

My psychiatrist has recommended several times now possibly extending the interval of dosing, even by an hour or so.

Wanted to get opinions on it. I’m still at 3x a day but my pm dose is 0.3mg now. Wondering if I should just let that one go as I taper? I (knock on wood) have not had insomnia problems. My worst symptoms happen in the afternoon.

Hey Joeb - do you dose once a day? I forget if you told me.

My psychiatrist has recommended several times now possibly extending the interval of dosing, even by an hour or so.

Wanted to get opinions on it. I’m still at 3x a day but my pm dose is 0.3mg now. Wondering if I should just let that one go as I taper? I (knock on wood) have not had insomnia problems. My worst symptoms happen in the afternoon.

Hi Tree it’s in my summary but I was dosing 3 times a day and my Tuesday .25 cut I cut my midday dose out. Now dosing at 9am and 9 pm. I noticed it’s better, seemed like I would feel more crappy dosing in the middle of the day. I wouldn’t mess with the night time dose if it were me. You may not have insomnia issues now but could by eliminating the night dose. What is your psychs reason for extending the doses? What are your dose times? My worst is in the morning I think because cortisol levels are highest then.

Joeb

Hey all, popping in to update on my progress. I’m going at a snail’s speed and holding due to stress the past couple of weeks, I’m in a wave and it sucks. I’ve been holding for 3 weeks and will continue to hold until the source of the stress simmers down (my daughter has some medical issues).  I’m overwhelmed and feeling quite crestfallen. I’ve been at this taper for many years and while I know I’ve been healing on the way down, this week it doesn’t feel like it.  :(

Hey all checking in again to see how everyone is doing. I’m still holding steady at 1mg, going for another NAD treatment tomorrow, hoping to be able to taper again this week. Still feel lethargic and not doing much but stable from wd.

Glad to hear from you Candace I hope things get better for you

How’s it going with all of you? Hope you are all doing ok...

Joeb

Candice and Joeb it sounds like you are doing great. I’m just below 3.5. I was cutting .5 every two weeks but I’ve decided to slow down my taper to .5 every month. No reason to rush after working so hard on this taper. At the moment I’m still working full time and I’m functional for my family.

It’s interesting because Heather Ashton writes about not drawing out the last 2 mg of a Valium diazapam taper. I think I disagree with her on this one. Thoughts?

Hello All,

I am seven moths post now and doing well. Suffering some gastric issues, but doing much better. 

I just wanted to jump in and say it is best to take the last leg of this journey very SLOW.  I did well and then the first few weeks post jump things got a little rough.  It is a good idea to let your body adjust to the cut in doses, you know it always seems to catch up to you after a few weeks. 

Be prepared before you make the jump, be sure your body feels stable and you are getting a good amount of rest.  The immune system seems to take a hit the first few weeks off.

I wanted to give you each a bit of encouragement, you are all doing great...one day closer to freedom!!

Thanks Seasalt

We all need that type of reminder to stay grounded

Congrats on being benzo free I can’t wait to meet you on the other side

Hoeb

Hey all - I’m coming out of the darkness from the last drop. That one was wild. Took 2 weeks before I could walk around the block and not feel like the sky was falling. I drove today for the first time in 16 days.

Interestingly, my psychiatrist suggested (did not recommend, but “suggested”) taking bigger drops. The last one was 0.1mg and was absolutely awful.

He says he doesn’t want me to have the long term suffering of doing that basically 23 more times to get off of 2.3mg. That scares me a lot, but I see his point. He says we don’t know how much worse it would be with a drop like 0.25mg - could be about the same, maybe not worse.

He also (mind blown) recommended considering IV NAD or glutathione. Said to consider getting the IV with vitamins added too on the day I drop to help my body handle the chaos.

I told him I go into awful acute at about 3-4 days post drop and I stop eating, can’t leave the house, have vertigo, etc.

He thinks maybe supporting my overall health this way could help me bounce back sooner.

Who knows. The idea of putting something else into my body doesn’t interest me, but things sure get desperate when you’re down like that.

Then he asked if I wanted to change to Librium because maybe I’d have a better time with that. Lol. Says it is slower to rise and slower to drop in system but has same half life as V.

I’m on liquid V and have no interest in breaking open capsules to weigh powders again.

I just need to get this done.

I’ll prob stabilize for a week or more then consider a micro taper over a week or so  that drops 0.25mg.

Just to see how it goes. I can’t do another year of drops like the one I just did.

Hey all - I’m coming out of the darkness from the last drop. That one was wild. Took 2 weeks before I could walk around the block and not feel like the sky was falling. I drove today for the first time in 16 days.

Interestingly, my psychiatrist suggested (did not recommend, but “suggested”) taking bigger drops. The last one was 0.1mg and was absolutely awful.

He says he doesn’t want me to have the long term suffering of doing that basically 23 more times to get off of 2.3mg. That scares me a lot, but I see his point. He says we don’t know how much worse it would be with a drop like 0.25mg - could be about the same, maybe not worse.

He also (mind blown) recommended considering IV NAD or glutathione. Said to consider getting the IV with vitamins added too on the day I drop to help my body handle the chaos.

I told him I go into awful acute at about 3-4 days post drop and I stop eating, can’t leave the house, have vertigo, etc.

He thinks maybe supporting my overall health this way could help me bounce back sooner.

Who knows. The idea of putting something else into my body doesn’t interest me, but things sure get desperate when you’re down like that.

Then he asked if I wanted to change to Librium because maybe I’d have a better time with that. Lol. Says it is slower to rise and slower to drop in system but has same half life as V.

I’m on liquid V and have no interest in breaking open capsules to weigh powders again.

I just need to get this done.

I’ll prob stabilize for a week or more then consider a micro taper over a week or so  that drops 0.25mg.

Just to see how it goes. I can’t do another year of drops like the one I just did.

Tree, here’s my experience with the NAD. On 2/20 I cut to 1.25 and I had to hold for 2 weeks since my sxs were bad and got progressively worse. On 3/7 I decided to try an NAD infusion 1000mg. I had read a lot of posts and talked to people who have done it with positive results. So I figured it was worth a shot.

The next day I decided to gamble and do a .25 cut to 1mg. The last 9 days were better than all the days since I started tapering. Felt about 80% me. Actually got out and did things I have not been able to do like go to the store etc. Not perfect but more functional. I know it wasn’t a coincidence because I was pretty jacked up before I went and my taper has never been easy. So anyway, that’s my experience so far for what it’s worth. I did another IV yesterday and cut this morning so we’ll see how it goes. It’s cool that your psych is plugged in to other things. I’ve never had any doctor mention this and I’ve been to many while going thru this mess. I was also scared to try it or anything else because of the fear this poison brings. But thanks to my wife pushing me I did it, and so far glad I did.

Joeb

Thanks Tree, I hope it continues

My insurance covers a good part of a detox pgm using it but I haven’t decided on doing that yet. That involves stopping the Valium and 10 consecutive days of NAD and staying in a hotel since I live away from the clinic

Individual treatments I’m not sure if they cover much or any of it. Im waiting on the first claim I submitted.

I am going try a few of these individual treatments and see how it goes.

Are you considering it?

Joeb

Oh wow! Well that would be a nice way to step off at 0.5 or so🤷🏻‍♀️

I wonder if Tricare does anything like that. Super doubtful.

Are you close to a place that does it?

You may want to try a single treatment to see how it works for you.

Also they will check your insurance if you call them

I did a zoom with dr Starr to ask questions and to see if I was a good candidate for the program

I really hope it’s something that can help you Tree.

If you have any detailed questions feel free to pm me

Joeb

Hi all checking in to see how everyone is doing

On my 4th day at .75V and it’s been a bit rough, but getting through it. Hoping to get to .5 soon with some stability. Can’t wait to be off the poison so my brain can really start to heal

It’s been quiet on this thread hopefully some of you will check in and post how your doing

Joeb

Hi Joeb - do you think the NAD is helping? Good job on being so low!

I’m holding and battling along. Waiting for hormones to swing all over the place for the month, then I’ll look at maybe a trying a micro taper  again.

Drove to tool store with husband today but was too anxious to go in. Things have been pretty rough.

4th day after a cut is when I usually feel it, how are things today?

Tree