3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I just wanted to ask a question… In everyone’s experience, is it possible to be stable on Valium if you stick at the same dose? In other words, is it the tapering that causes all the symptoms you describe? The reason I ask is I’ve suffered a head injury and have extreme migraines and dizzziness and so am not in a position to taper until I recover from that… I’m looking just to get stable for a few months and then taper after that…

Thanks in advance

Benzodiazepine dependence and tolerance can cause withdrawal symptoms and these can include dizziness and migraines.  Did you have these symptoms before your head injury?  If you're tolerant to your Valium dose then I think it would be difficult to distinguish between what is caused by your head injury and what is caused by the drug.

I should add that I’m on Zolpidem which causes horrific interdose withdrawal, so my doctor has suggested crossing over to valium to get some stability…

I was confused by your last post, I thought you were already on Valium but I guess its just the Zolpidem? 

• 1 month later...
I have 9 days until I’m off of of Valium, as long as everything goes okay.  I sit here with anxiety as I type this.  But, it’s a wave, and I know it.  I’m at .018mg and plan to go to 0, cutting .002mg everyday.  How is everyone doing?  It’s taken me YEARS to get here.  I hope I feel okay once off, but I’ll just have to wait and see. 

InnerSanctuary, Amazing!  I can't wait until this day comes for me!  I am holding for travel next week, don't want to be miserable on an airplane!  Congratulations!  and let us know how it goes.  It's going to be a while for me and that's ok, as long as I'm moving forward.  This process is not for the faint of heart!!!

I’m now finally in this club!!

2.95 mg V

Are people still active here??

It’s been a rough go, with lots of setbacks from vaccines, COVID, anesthesia etc.

Cheers

Winnie

Hey all,

I have been daily microtapering liquid V. I am down to 0.31mg today.

Still very symptomatic, all the usuals. Balance, anxiety, nerve pain, hyper-acusis , visual probs with depth perception, ridiculous fatigue (all of these come and go)

I have been tempted to jump since I’m under 0.5mg but since I’m super uncomfortable, just going to keep tiptoeing.  I had a few days of a pretty good window just under 0.5mg, more in a row than I’ve had in years. But it dove right back in wirh PMS. I actually rode with the family to a coffee shop and walked to sit outside, and felt good. Not excessively tired, no real fear, no dizziness, it was amazing.

I have had much more sensitivity to sound at these lower doses. I can’t tolerate the sounds of my bedroom fan sometimes. It’s like I can hear it phasing somehow? Like a wah-wah-wah the whole time. It throws my equilibrium off so bad. I hope that lets up relatively soon after I step off. Everything is so loud and so bright!

I’m looking at being done on thanksgiving day. I’m more afraid of the aftermath of the taper, the long recovery, now. Seeing how the post withdrawal support boards have more posts than the withdrawal support boards is a bit disheartening. 😬

Hoping for the best. Staying off those boards for now.

I have 9 days until I’m off of of Valium, as long as everything goes okay.  I sit here with anxiety as I type this.  But, it’s a wave, and I know it.  I’m at .018mg and plan to go to 0, cutting .002mg everyday.  How is everyone doing?  It’s taken me YEARS to get here.  I hope I feel okay once off, but I’ll just have to wait and see.

Hi, I've never read you before nor have you read me I guess, but I'm so happy to see someone is getting to the end. I wish you all the best.

Hi, I've never read you before nor have you read me I guess, but I'm so happy to see someone is getting to the end. I wish you all the best.

Thank you.  I hope it goes smoothly, but I know the people here will try to help if it doesn’t.  It looks like you are getting pretty low too.  How are you feeling?  I went pretty slow most of my taper (5 years!) and I sped up towards the end.  I know it was faster than 20%, but I have been okay with the faster taper.  I owe so much to this board.  Over the years I’ve searched, read and searched more. 

Val,

Well, we are still here! I think of you and wish you total healing. I’m going as slow as it takes. Going

To be a first time grandmother, in March; so I pray for continued sanity every day.

Val,

Well, we are still here! I think of you and wish you total healing. I’m going as slow as it takes. Going

To be a first time grandmother, in March; so I pray for continued sanity every day.

Hi Magnolis! So happy to read you and to know that you are being able to taper in spite of it being ever so slowly. I cut down to 0.60 two days ago but my brain has shown me a million red flags so last night I prepared my meds back to 0.70 and I'll stay there for two or more weeks and try again. Maybe my new sxs had nothing to do with the cut but I'm not going to risk going through what we went through again. Correcting after two days is not an updose, it's just listening to my brain and correcting things on time. I'm so happy you're going to be a grandma and I hope you get better every day to be able to enjoy everything that life brings to you.

I’m now finally in this club!!

2.95 mg V

Are people still active here??

It’s been a rough go, with lots of setbacks from vaccines, COVID, anesthesia etc.

Cheers

Winnie

Congratulations and welcome to the thread Winnie  :thumbsup:

Hey all,

I have been daily microtapering liquid V. I am down to 0.31mg today.

Still very symptomatic, all the usuals. Balance, anxiety, nerve pain, hyper-acusis , visual probs with depth perception, ridiculous fatigue (all of these come and go)

I have been tempted to jump since I’m under 0.5mg but since I’m super uncomfortable, just going to keep tiptoeing.  I had a few days of a pretty good window just under 0.5mg, more in a row than I’ve had in years. But it dove right back in wirh PMS. I actually rode with the family to a coffee shop and walked to sit outside, and felt good. Not excessively tired, no real fear, no dizziness, it was amazing.

I have had much more sensitivity to sound at these lower doses. I can’t tolerate the sounds of my bedroom fan sometimes. It’s like I can hear it phasing somehow? Like a wah-wah-wah the whole time. It throws my equilibrium off so bad. I hope that lets up relatively soon after I step off. Everything is so loud and so bright!

I’m looking at being done on thanksgiving day. I’m more afraid of the aftermath of the taper, the long recovery, now. Seeing how the post withdrawal support boards have more posts than the withdrawal support boards is a bit disheartening. 😬

Hoping for the best. Staying off those boards for now.

I’m still sensitive to sounds at almost 5 months benzo free. I use Loop earplugs. They are fantastic. They make them for daytime use (sound sensitivity, loud sounds like concerts, etc) and for sleep. I use them for both, but mostly sleep. They’re pricey, but work really well.

Kit- how are you doing otherwise? How does 5 months off feel?

I have been tapering 3 years -super slow like you did. Just wondering how your first handful of months off went.

Take care

TL

Hi All -

I hope everyone is doing ok. Down to 1mg today!

Three more months, at this rate.

Sending lots of care to everyone here.

Openroad

Are you going your same rate for last milligram? I’ve been going by % since my second taper. Now it’s almost impossible even though I’m going at a turtle pace. Now my % is increasing rapidly.

Magnolis,

I am doing a dry-cutting DMT, going down appx .01-.02 mg/day. I have been doing this for the last six months. So I'm just going to try to take that all the way down. So, no, I'm not doing percentages at this point. I think with a microtaper, they are less necessary.

Hope you're doing ok!

Openroad

Hey all,

I’m down to 0.19mg today! Still doing DLMT of 0.01mg per day.

Just checking in to say hello. I’m glad I’m going to zero I suppose as I’m in a rough wave. If I had jumped I’d be convinced this was acute from that. Crazy stuff.

Still have waves with ovulation and PMS, hoping that lets up one day. Super not fun. 😬

Keep trucking!

Tree

Tree,

Do you pay any attention to percentage rates?

I do not look at percentage rates. Last month would have been 50% and this month will be 100%

🤷🏻‍♀️

It absolutely sucks most days at this reduction rate, but I have to get off somehow.

I had a window at around 0.4 that was pretty darn good. It lasted 5 days - I hadn’t had a window that long in years. It was great 🙏🏻

Then I went back into it. I am cycling through so many symptoms lately. Physical hit hard then depressive and anxious hit. Luckily they only last 4-6 days usually, then switch up.

The constants are depth perception probs, floaty boat, drunk walk. Those did let up in my last window though. I had decided /feared that those may never let up as it’s been years, but they do with good windows.

How are you doing at your current dose?

During this second taper, I’ve watched percentages. Now it’s getting harder but I’m around 7% a month. Doing ok. Have you thought of slowing down?

I’ve considered it a few times, I just need to get off if it and move on.

It has been a 3 year taper for 0.5mg K. That’s super slow already.

I took this last year off of work to focus on it. When I hold, I feel better within a few days, so I’m hoping I’m just a little ahead of the curve. I know I have lots of windows and waves ahead of me, but I am ready to be off.

And disability runs out in December, so there’s that. I know you can’t rush healing, but id rather feel like garbage and push it while that’s still coming in. Going to have to get back to work soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I just hit the equivalent of 3 mg V today. I'm at .150 mg K, so I guess I don't qualify for this group. Things have really gotten harder as I've gotten lower. Did anyone start to do better at some point below 3 mg before jumping/walking off? I'm still holding out hope for that.

hereforhelp,

I have felt better as I have gone lower. It seems very individual, but that has been true for me (so far).

Tree,

It looks like you're nearly at the end! Wishing you an easy (as possible) walk off!

Today is the day!

I’m down to 0.05mg - I can’t even taste the liquid at this point.

It would go 5 more days at my current rate if I kept going.

I have no idea what I’m in for in the next weeks. More intense symptoms I assume?

Valium has a half life up to 200 hours if I remember right. Wish me luck 😮‍💨🙌🏻