3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Well, I'm almost down to 2.75 mg. Getting close. Paresthesia is my biggest issue, followed by GI problems. Holding doesn't help. I find I do better pushing myself to taper. So microtaper I go, shaving, weighing, wash, rinse, repeat.  ??? I've been experimenting with NAD+ nasal spray, I am convinced now it is helping. One of my issues, hyperacusis with ear congestion and popping sounds, is now a rare occurrence.  :) And headaches continue to be less frequent and milder.  :o  This has spurred me to research the possibility of using NAD+ patches to c/t off my remaining dose. I can't afford the IV infusions others successfully did. The patches could give the same dose, can do it at home, and will probably cost under $1000. If anyone is interested, follow my thread about the nasal spray here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275902.0

Back to the shaving and weighing for now. I was shaving so much off a pill, that to save myself time, after weighing and setting aside 10 pills, I chipped off pieces off the ends. This means less shaving. I have glassine weighing papers with the weight each decreasing dose should be, written on it, laying in the small compartments of a 36 compartment divided plastic box. I weigh out my doses, and put them on the paper, then twist it into a bundle, and drop it in the appropriate compartment. It is insane I have to do this.  ::) NAD+ is looking more tempting day by day. The patches do require a prescription here in the US. They are considered medical devices by the FDA. Many of the providers have you meet with an in-house doctor for a telehealth consultation, included in the cost of the patches.

Meanwhile, I do a dry daily microtaper, and weigh and shave away.... :crazy:

Well, I'm almost down to 2.75 mg. Getting close. Paresthesia is my biggest issue, followed by GI problems. Holding doesn't help. I find I do better pushing myself to taper. So microtaper I go, shaving, weighing, wash, rinse, repeat.  ??? I've been experimenting with NAD+ nasal spray, I am convinced now it is helping. One of my issues, hyperacusis with ear congestion and popping sounds, is now a rare occurrence.  :) And headaches continue to be less frequent and milder.  :o  This has spurred me to research the possibility of using NAD+ patches to c/t off my remaining dose. I can't afford the IV infusions others successfully did. The patches could give the same dose, can do it at home, and will probably cost under $1000. If anyone is interested, follow my thread about the nasal spray here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275902.0

Back to the shaving and weighing for now. I was shaving so much off a pill, that to save myself time, after weighing and setting aside 10 pills, I chipped off pieces off the ends. This means less shaving. I have glassine weighing papers with the weight each decreasing dose should be, written on it, laying in the small compartments of a 36 compartment divided plastic box. I weigh out my doses, and put them on the paper, then twist it into a bundle, and drop it in the appropriate compartment. It is insane I have to do this.  ::) NAD+ is looking more tempting day by day. The patches do require a prescription here in the US. They are considered medical devices by the FDA. Many of the providers have you meet with an in-house doctor for a telehealth consultation, included in the cost of the patches.

Meanwhile, I do a dry daily microtaper, and weigh and shave away.... :crazy:

Thank you for all of this info! I'm at the same amount as you and same holding doesn't help. I'm literally gonna open a credit card to go do the NAD infusions. This is crazy to be feeling this weird so low I feel like it's been a year and i'm ready to be done and start really healing! Prayers to you on continuing this journey!

Soooooo I suddenly can barely walk. Feel super heavy, head pressure starting at the back of my head, and feeling super dizzy and like i'll collapse when I stand. Gets worse when i dose. Only thing relieves it is sitting down which i don't want to do all day cause I know it'll set me back. Is this heard of?

Thank you for all of this info! I'm at the same amount as you and same holding doesn't help. I'm literally gonna open a credit card to go do the NAD infusions. This is crazy to be feeling this weird so low I feel like it's been a year and i'm ready to be done and start really healing! Prayers to you on continuing this journey!

I have a credit card with a big enough credit line to go to the place ramcon1 was going to go to. Plus, that's the closest center to me. I just don't want have that kind of debt, it would really sink me. That's why the patches are so tempting, because they are affordable. However, no one has used them, so I'll be first. The IV infusions have positive feedback from many members. Just be sure to read Restoration's and ramcon's threads I linked to in mine. It is worth it to read both of them. Do a lot of research. Thanks for the prayers, prayers headed back to you from me.

Soooooo I suddenly can barely walk. Feel super heavy, head pressure starting at the back of my head, and feeling super dizzy and like i'll collapse when I stand. Gets worse when i dose. Only thing relieves it is sitting down which i don't want to do all day cause I know it'll set me back. Is this heard of?

That sounds like POTS maybe? WinnieDog has that. Perhaps she'll weigh in. I've had the morning rubber legs and the floaty/boaty feeling. But not what you're describing. Paresthesia is my worst symptom, I also tire easily and need to rest. Do you have a blood pressure cuff? Take your blood pressure when you feel your best. Write it down. When you have these episodes, take it again. The automated cuffs also give your heart rate. If your heart rate is up, and your blood pressure low, you might have POTS. Get your doctor to confirm it. Some others develop POTS during w/d.

Hi all,

Just popping in to say that I walked off on 1/28, and have been feeling better and better every week. I just want to send some encouragement.

You're all so close - keep going! (But go slow!)

Openroad

Hi All….I will have to look into this NAD+, sounds very interesting.

It seems quite over here on BB’s.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Marie

That sounds like POTS maybe? WinnieDog has that. Perhaps she'll weigh in. I've had the morning rubber legs and the floaty/boaty feeling. But not what you're describing. Paresthesia is my worst symptom, I also tire easily and need to rest. Do you have a blood pressure cuff? Take your blood pressure when you feel your best. Write it down. When you have these episodes, take it again. The automated cuffs also give your heart rate. If your heart rate is up, and your blood pressure low, you might have POTS. Get your doctor to confirm it. Some others develop POTS during w/d.

Thank you! I've actually been diagnosed with POTs already but had no idea until recently that the meds are what is causing/inducing it. I started to then think am I making the pots symptoms come back by getting off the med? I truly feel in my heart these symptoms will eventually go away once i'm of this medicine and I sure hope it's true. I have a blood pressure cuff and will definitely be checking so I can see where my levels are. I know sitting down all day doesn't help my hr either it makes it worse. This is all such a strange process and I truly wish we had doctors who knew more about benzo withdrawal and pots! Until then I guess we've gotta just keep figuring it out 😫

Hi all,

Just popping in to say that I walked off on 1/28, and have been feeling better and better every week. I just want to send some encouragement.

You're all so close - keep going! (But go slow!)

Openroad

Congrats!  :thumbsup:

Marie

It's been quieter for some time. And I don't know if it's a good thing, or a bad one.  ::)  As for the NAD+, test first. Here is ramcon1's post on testing for possible compatibility. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=245502.0 Next, try a single 12.5 mg dose of a spray that delivers 25 mg with two sprays. If you buy a 30 mg with one spray bottle, see if you can dispense half a spray. I started slow, worked my way up.

I am in no way endorsing this, and neither did ramcon1. Just sharing my experience. Give it time to work, it's not immediate. I really started noticing benefits after a month of increasing to 50 mg a day. Now at around 88 mg. NAD+ can burn/sting, but it subsides quickly. Initially, it may rev you up. That lasted only 5 minutes for me. Research, read, lot's of threads on BB. 

Thank you! I've actually been diagnosed with POTs already but had no idea until recently that the meds are what is causing/inducing it. I started to then think am I making the pots symptoms come back by getting off the med? I truly feel in my heart these symptoms will eventually go away once i'm of this medicine and I sure hope it's true. I have a blood pressure cuff and will definitely be checking so I can see where my levels are. I know sitting down all day doesn't help my hr either it makes it worse. This is all such a strange process and I truly wish we had doctors who knew more about benzo withdrawal and pots! Until then I guess we've gotta just keep figuring it out 😫

I have seen a number of BB members develop POTS during benzo w/d. This does all kinds of things to you, that you didn't have before. And many say they go away as you heal. I started having PVC's last November. They are infrequent enough that I'm not concerned. Many BB members have PVC's, some take betablockers if they are persistent. I get around my house using a walker I had from a knee injury in my 30's. It's pink with pink roses on a white background on the front. At least it doesn't look like some ugly old person thing.  :P  Better than falling and not being able to get up. If I do, phone is in a holster hanging on it, and front door has a lockbox with a key inside if I need 911 to send medics. Bleh.  :sick:

Marie

Yes look into it! More people have has success with it than not. It's definitely worth researching. I have 2 friends who use it 2 years ago and are doing well today! I'm praying the same for myself and anyone else that uses it.

I have seen a number of BB members develop POTS during benzo w/d. This does all kinds of things to you, that you didn't have before. And many say they go away as you heal. I started having PVC's last November. They are infrequent enough that I'm not concerned. Many BB members have PVC's, some take betablockers if they are persistent. I get around my house using a walker I had from a knee injury in my 30's. It's pink with pink roses on a white background on the front. At least it doesn't look like some ugly old person thing.  :P  Better than falling and not being able to get up. If I do, phone is in a holster hanging on it, and front door has a lockbox with a key inside if I need 911 to send medics. Bleh.  :sick:

Wow such a bizarre process we're in. I had an irregular heartbeat too that was more prominent on higher doses. Now that i'm lower its very very rare however new things pop up. What luck huh lol your walker sounds like its pretty and uplifting ! I have one from when I was first on Ativan and could barely stand straight and walk. I was proud because I haven't had to use it in monthsssss but now i'm back to needing it. I am procrastinating pulling it back out because it makes me sad. Makes me feel like i'm going backwards. I also know I need to walk safely though so i'll be using it. My husband constantly locks the doors when I keep em unlocked so a lockbox with a key sounds like a grand idea! Bleh is right lol but I keep telling myself the finish line is near. Look at how far we've come! We can do thissss! I just truly despise these POTs symptoms.

Yes look into it! More people have has success with it than not. It's definitely worth researching. I have 2 friends who use it 2 years ago and are doing well today! I'm praying the same for myself and anyone else that uses it.

Good to hear about your two friends who used NAD+ and are doing well. While not empirical evidence, as no one has done peer-reviewed studies, we are stuck with anecdotal reports (a BB member has two friends who successfully had NAD+ IV's and are doing well, etc). Yes, we all know correlation does not equal causation, the fact that there are so many reports from BB and Reddit members of success with NAD+, does not mean NAD+ will work. However, the failures have been far fewer than the successes. 

If we wait for those peer-reviewed clinical studies, we may wait until...??? It's not like they are going to get done. First, there needs to be money to pay for it. Big Pharma has deep pockets, so they can finance studies to push their poison get approval for their latest medication. Vitamin B3 has three forms: niacin (nicotinic acid), nicotinamide (niacinamide), and nicotinamide riboside; all three become nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+). Big Pharma can't market these, so clinical studies are unlikely.

I'll take anecdotal reports. I'm finding them not just here and on Reddit, but YouTube as well. People are far more likely to claim failure than success, and the failures reported have been miniscule. I'm now plumbing the depths of YouTube. Dr. Ken Starr has videos and has answered questions. I'm taking notes. I scienced the sh!t out of my Hypomagnesemia situation, diagnosed myself, found an Orphan Drug that would treat the cause. I was denied and gaslighted by numerous doctors when I brought up my research. I had three university studies that backed up my likely cause. I was facing doctors with God Complexes. The only one who believed me was my long-term Endo. Honestly, she was impressed, thought I was on to something, hoped I got the Orphan Drug. I got a new PCP and a new GI doctor, and the GI doctor willingly ordered the lab work I requested. He was intrigued by my findings. The PCP got copies of the results, she believed me. GI doctor talked to my Endo while waiting for lab results. After seeing the lab results, he spoke to the UK researcher developing the Orphan Drug. He helped me get it. It worked! I was right all along, and six doctors were wrong. One was the Nephrologist treating the Hypomagnesemia. One of his nurses was intrigued, she called me to ask me what medication, where it was from, and how was I getting it. I told her. She wanted to give that information to patients and their families in the same situation as me. Nephrologist was still in denial at our last appointment, despite that my labs were now normal after taking the Orphan Drug. And for the doctors dismissing me, I also pointed out to them that the Orphan Drug was developed by the late Sir James Black. Ya know, the guy that got a Nobel Peace Prize in medicine for his discovery of propranolol (beta-blocker) and cimetidine (H2 blocker). And was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his dedication to create medicines to treat Orphan Diseases. Propranolol and Cimetidine were originally created to treat Orphan Diseases and found to treat other ailments, which led to their use for various disorders.

Lazy, incompetent doctors got me into the benzo mess. Most have no idea how to get anyone out. I'm not waiting for empirical evidence, peer-reviewed studies. clinical trials (The Orphan Drug had only been through Phase 1 & 2 clinical trials, it has yet to complete Phase 3). It got Orphan Drug (OD) status in the US because the FDA felt that the risk of not providing it to treat hypersecretory conditions caused by genes or a medication (my case) that affected the patient's health, was greater than any risks of allowing an experimental drug. Similar to the FDA allowing Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for Covid Vaccines.  OD's and EUA's mean no Phase 3 studies have been completed.

That's my word salad for the day.

StrongLikeThis, I understand why you are willing to use a credit card to get the IV infusions, and pay off the debt. As long as you can afford paying it off, why not? Another option is going to a bank where you have an existing account (checking and/or savings) and see if you qualify for a loan. Interest rate would be better than a credit card. If you own a home, you could tap into its equity. I thought of that. My fixer-upper has more than doubled in value since I bought it almost 8 years ago. But I'm still paying the mortgage, it would be difficult to do both. It is extremely tempting, though. I hope you can do something.

your walker sounds like its pretty and uplifting ! I have one from when I was first on Ativan and could barely stand straight and walk. I was proud because I haven't had to use it in monthsssss but now i'm back to needing it.

I've had people ask me about it. It is pretty, feminine. I went back to using it after my first fall. Medics suggested I just stick to using it. My sister suggested the phone holster.

My husband constantly locks the doors when I keep em unlocked so a lockbox with a key sounds like a grand idea!

I got it off eBay. It's a mechanical one, not an electronic one. I got a new front door installed, and the lock box was installed when the door was. I don't have to worry about replacing batteries. I accidently left the house to grocery shop one morning, and forgot my purse! (Benzo brain)  The lady taking me went back to the house, opened the lock box, and retrieved the key, went in and grabbed my purse. When we got back, I reset it and put the key back. A burglar would have to try numerous number combinations to get it opened, they'd give up in frustration. It's heavy cast metal with an enamel finish. Push the buttons for the code, pull down the lever. I test it frequently as well. 

2 weeks ago I finished my very slow taper off 12mg of diazepam

I'm feeling extremely fatigued and getting strong hunger pangs. Is this normal please.

Many thanks 

2 weeks ago I finished my very slow taper off 12mg of diazepam

I'm feeling extremely fatigued and getting strong hunger pangs. Is this normal please.

Many thanks

I believe by 2 weeks, most, if not all, of the diazepam metabolites have exited your system. Sounds like you're entering acute. The fatigue, I guess you should just rest. How's your sleep? Hunger pangs? Try spacing out what food you can tolerate throughout the day, every few hours. Eat snacks in between meals as tolerated.

I would ask those on the Post Recovery board, who are off, and see what they have to say. Those of us here aren't there yet, so we can only guess based on what we've read others report. I'm sure you're symptoms are quite normal. But those who have been off can best answer you. Here's a link: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=146.0

And congratulations on finally stepping off.  :thumbsup:

Thanks benzolottie,

Sleeping fine but with vivid dreams.  I move around lots.

Have posted in post withdrawal too thanks

Had fizzing I  my head earlier thankfully didn't last long

Does anybody have experience switching their taper method this low in the mg? I'm thinking of switching from Roxanne liquid to milk and pills.....

Going to hold where I am for at least the next week. May have to either slow down the taper rate (I'm turtle-tapering as it is), or try a suggestion that JellyBaby used. She micro-tapered 7 days, then stayed at the same dose for 3. She found it made tapering easier. Slight uptick in some symptoms (GI, Paresthesia), but others still down. I did recently upped my NAD+ nasal spray dose, and I have had a slight uptick after that. Those NAD+ patches are seriously looking good right now.

[move]I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round and I can't get off!  :tickedoff: [/move] 

StrongLikeThis- I think you can change at anytime….whatever works.  You still have a little while on pill’s, and you can do your own “liquid” or if you’re in the states, have it compounded too, that’s an option.  Mine is only 25$, and if I am in the lower range pull’s it last much longer than a month.  Just remember that you may have an adjustment to “change”; you may not.  Just something to consider.  I do.  Even on my liquid that I am use to, when switching over every time from like 3mg to 2 mg pill and .99ml liquid, I have a bit of a struggle.  The last time when I went from a 2mg pill to 1mg and 99ml(1mg liquid) pulled .99ml, I didn’t feel very good for a while and ended up holding.  So just a little bit to consider

BenzoLot - I micro taper too, and sometimes I have done the same and just holding for those 3 days makes all the difference.  Give it a try  :yippee:

Marie  ;D

StrongLikeThis- I think you can change at anytime….whatever works.  You still have a little while on pill’s, and you can do your own “liquid” or if you’re in the states, have it compounded too, that’s an option.  Mine is only 25$, and if I am in the lower range pull’s it last much longer than a month.  Just remember that you may have an adjustment to “change”; you may not.  Just something to consider.  I do.  Even on my liquid that I am use to, when switching over every time from like 3mg to 2 mg pill and .99ml liquid, I have a bit of a struggle.  The last time when I went from a 2mg pill to 1mg and 99ml(1mg liquid) pulled .99ml, I didn’t feel very good for a while and ended up holding.  So just a little bit to consider

BenzoLot - I micro taper too, and sometimes I have done the same and just holding for those 3 days makes all the difference.  Give it a try  :yippee:

Marie  ;D

Thank you my friend! ❤️

i dont get it how are you guys doing this. I was on 10mG now on 7MG, not having too bad of a time so far but trying to think of a backup plan in case the lower i go it gets rough. I got 5mG pills and 2MG pills.

I'm at 1.75mg of diazepam. I've only been on them 9 or 10 weeks because of a family crisis. I took 4.75mg per day and wasn't stable as I was terrified of them due to a previous withdrawal in 2004. I can't move around due to a rocking on a boat sensation and over all I just feel shocking. Made my first 0.25mg cut yesterday 9/3/2023. Current dose 1.75mg per day.

Hi all, I`m now at 3mg of diazepam, and getting awful muscle pains across my back. Apart from that I`m functioning ok-ish. Some dizziness but that`s minor today.

Just looking for a buddie who maybe having the same sx as me and at 3mg too. 

I`m reducing 1mg a month, probably going too fast but I want off.  I`ll now do 15 days at 3mg then reduce to 2.5mg .  Keep going everyone