3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hi Joeb - do you think the NAD is helping? Good job on being so low!

I’m holding and battling along. Waiting for hormones to swing all over the place for the month, then I’ll look at maybe a trying a micro taper  again.

Drove to tool store with husband today but was too anxious to go in. Things have been pretty rough.

4th day after a cut is when I usually feel it, how are things today?

Tree

Thanks for asking Tree, I feel like it’s helping a lot. Today was rough but I was still able to go to the gym and clean and wax the car. I was pretty jacked up 3 weeks ago and I don’t think I cud be this functional without the. NAD. It’s a tough treatment sitting for hours getting the IV.but it was worth it The boredom and lack of appetite really sucks. Im really getting tired of this, sorry.

needed to vent.

Sounds like your hanging in there Tree, I hope it gets better for you.

Joe

I’m inspired by all of you as I just entered the 3-2-1 club. I’ve slowed down my microtaper to .5 a month.  The percentages greatly increase once you hit 3 mg. I’m very symptomatic but still trying to work and take care of my family. Some days I feel like I’ve turned a corner and then bam I’m hit with a wave making me feel hopeless.

I’m inspired by all of you as I just entered the 3-2-1 club. I’ve slowed down my microtaper to .5 a month.  The percentages greatly increase once you hit 3 mg. I’m very symptomatic but still trying to work and take care of my family. Some days I feel like I’ve turned a corner and then bam I’m hit with a wave making me feel hopeless.

congrats TG on getting your dose down that’s awesome progress. Your not alone TG this is a very hard road to travel. We get beat up on the way down wondering but hoping the jump goes well. It’s scary, and I don’t know yet what dose I’ll be comfortable with going off. I don’t know what’s worse the taper torture or the unknown of jumping..

I’ve read so many posts and the results are all over the map.

Anyway wishing you best of luck on the rest of your taper

Joeb

Joeb - how’s today? Still functional?

I’m intrigued by this NAD thing. Do you really think it’s helping?

TG - welcome!

Joeb - how’s today? Still functional?

I’m intrigued by this NAD thing. Do you really think it’s helping?

TG - welcome!

Hey Tree how are you today. I’m functional but it’s still hard, kinda like TG.

I think the NAD is helping. I don’t think I could have survived the last two cuts without NAD.

It’s day 6 of cut and I’m having more morning anxiety but not couchbound like before

I am tired of this like you and others, so badly want this to be over.

I’m going to keep using NAD until I’m off. Or maybe use it to get off we’ll see how it goes.

Have you decided on trying it yet?

Joeb

Thanks for the warm welcome. ITD really interesting to read about your experiences with NAD. I’m also looking at how you have all been cutting and it looks like you’ve been going nice and slow. I plan to do the same with my water microtaper. I plan to cut .5 a month. I’m hoping that’s slow enough.  I don’t really have full window. I have days that I’m better. I’m functional but pushing through a lot of chemical anxiety and pain.

Hey guys I heard from a girl who tapered valium similarly to me jumping from 0.5 mg valium daily to 0 that she started hearing voices for 8 months and had psychosis for some time after jumping but she did have a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder before she tapered off the valium, I'm gonna jump from 0.5 mg till 0 next week Wednesday too and I had 2 episodes of psychosis in 2018 and 2019 respectfully, and I'm afraid I will have the same, also voices and psychosis. Is this risk realistic?

I had a talk with my prescriber today, said the jump from 0.5 mg to 0 valium would only cause some withdrawal symptoms for about a week and then I'll be fine. What's your guys opinion on this? He also said a lot of the fear for symptoms are in your head and even mentioned placebo effect.

Hey N, make sure you don’t take on others stories and make them your own. Think positive about your jump and don’t think the worst.

How’s everyone holding up. I think I’m a rapid cycler. One day decent. One day good. Two days feel like  death. Rinse and repeat.

Hanging in there an holding at 2.29mg. Hormones wreaking havoc this week. It’s so odd,

I didn’t have depressive symptoms before I crossed to V, now they are my biggest symptom.

I read that crossover go V can cause depressive symptoms, but I wasn’t worried.

I hope they let up as I taper. My goodness.

I tapered Zoloft from 25-3mg last summer/ fall, allmost got off - then updosed to 5mg in November. I stabilized there then started back with Valium taper.

Maybe I’m in a ssri WD wave (4 months) from that drop. Hoping this wave opens to a solid window soon. I need to get back to the business of living life!

I made myself go to a gentle yoga class today. Progress.

I’m almost afraid to taper again. Going to focus on nutrition and getting out into the world for a bit before I dive back in.

How’s everyone else?

Hi TL. Wow. A yoga class sounds amazing. I’ve been doing gentle walks. Also, Diaz and Valium is so depressing. I feel the depression lifting now that I’m at a lower dose. Some of my passions are coming back. I also have issues around hormones. It’s actually pretty bad and that’s when I feel my worst. I’ve had some pretty decent days where I’ve cleaned the house jamming to music.

TG - I went to the easiest yoga class there is - restorative yoga. Basically laying on the floor stretching. I know the teacher pretty well now, and I hadn’t been to class in about a month. She saw I was feeling rough and asked what I needed. I asked her to keep the lights low - because I freaking cry through most of it. 😬

I just feel like my world has gotten so small with this, especially after quitting my job, that I just make myself go even if I sniffle through class. I could never imagine that a drug could do this for so long.

I didn’t even have anxiety there. I’m just sad at the way things are. Trying to accept my current situation. I’m so weak physically. 6 years ago I was doing triathlons. Now I work hard to walk a lap around my neighborhood.

Working on radical acceptance. Tara Brach has a book called Radical Acceptance that I like. Claire Weekes has several books that talk about utter acceptance as a way to get through hard anxiety.

What do you do to keep your mind out of dark corners? Any of you 😊

Yeah. That’s a great question. I started focusing on the things I can do now versus what I can’t do. I also want to let you know that it’s ok to be sad. It’s horrific what these drugs do. I have windows and waves. One day I’m crying and praying in my bed. Another day, I’m riding bikes with my kids and going to the movies. I do know that we improve. So many people report this. We just have to care for ourselves.

Yea that’s a great question Tree, I don’t think I’ve been able to answer it. Or master it I should say.  I think it’s seeing that there is a possibility of recovery that’s not too far away. It’s that slight glimmer of hope that helps to better deal with the situation. Hopelessness is our worst enemy and it hits me all the time. Fear is also an enemy because it can lead to the feeling of hopelessness. Even getting low in dose doesn’t help sometimes because of the fear of jumping and wd that may follow or continue.

It’s fear of trying new things based on what we read or hear. I struggle with tapering even when I went slow I never really felt good. That’s why I think my body needs to be free of this poison sooner than later. I’ve always envied those people who can taper and lead somewhat normal lives like Ashton refers to. I’ve tried but never been that stable.

It’s great that you do yoga Tree. I zone when I go to the gym but I get thru it and it does help with anxiety. Tall G I think it’s great that you are getting windows and doing the things that you do with your family. I have had some windows but not many.

I know I got way off track but I wud say having hope on a plan to be MED free and symptom free. This helps me stay out of the dark.  But is definitely not easy to do

Joeb

I’m tiptoeing down here - I went down another 0.01mg 2 nights ago. (Now at 2.28mg)

I don’t know how to find a rate that is tolerable but moving things along.

0.01mg every 2 weeks would take me another 400 some WEEKS.

Hopefully, if I slow it down here for a bit, I can gain some strength back. Then I hope I can do bigger drops maybe later this summer.

This is such a ridiculous process.

We have to hold on to hope that it ends and we come out the other side stronger.

Tree

Hi J and TL. Yeah I get it. This is just such a hard process. I’ve also slowed down my taper at these lower doses. I’m getting slammed with physical pain etc. I do ok when my mental is ok but I definitely have those days of deep depression and anxiety. The days the mental lifts, I feel like I can overcome this. Well we keep our eye on the prize.

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve decided to follow the lead of a user named builder, and taper by 0.01mg per day for the remainder.

I have waffled back and forth for days (weeks?) on how to proceed now that I’m around 2mg.

I just can’t look at %ages anymore. They’re much too high once you get this low.

If I keep this rate up, I will be off by Christmas - with 40 built in “hold” days.

I am hoping that this rate is tolerable.

I’m 5 days in and feeling some visual weirdness, but it’s tolerable. Hope it stays that way.

I’m sure there will be windows and waves. The absolute despair of not having a goal in mind for when I will be done has been the hardest part lately.

I’ve been tapering since October 2019.

If I did a symptom based taper at this point I would hold, and hold, and hold.

So I need to figure out what my cutoff is for tolerability.

Vertigo is definitely a hard stop for me.

This rate is equivalent to dropping Xanax by 0.0005mg per day. I have to remind myself that this is a reasonable and not risky rate.

Deep breaths!

Tree

Nikitis - how are things going for you?

Joeb - you’re getting so close!

TG - how are you? Where are you with your taper now?

Hoping for peaceful windows for you all

So I’ve decided to follow the lead of a user named builder, and taper by 0.01mg per day for the remainder.

I have waffled back and forth for days (weeks?) on how to proceed now that I’m around 2mg.

I just can’t look at %ages anymore. They’re much too high once you get this low.

If I keep this rate up, I will be off by Christmas - with 40 built in “hold” days.

I’m 5 days in and feeling some visual weirdness, but it’s tolerable. Hope it stays that way.

I’m sure there will be windows and waves. The absolute despair of not having a goal in mind for when I will be done has been the hardest part lately.

This rate is equivalent to dropping Xanax by 0.0005mg per day. I have to remind myself that this is a reasonable and not risky rate.

Deep breaths!

Tree

Very glad you have a plan Tree, I agree I get the most frustrated when I can’t decide what to do. My taper has not been easy either so appreciate you checking in and hope to hear from the other members too. Vertigo is bad I had it once on the Ativan, so I understand your concern. You have a good plan, I pray that it will yield both progress and stability for you

Joeb

Hi Tree and everyone. I understand it’s hard to look at percentages this low. I’m doing something similar where I will taper .5 a month no matter what. So I’ll be done in September 2022. I feel so close yet so far away at times. I was on Xanax originally and I’ve been speaking to others about how Diaz is very weak so we are on fumes compared to Xanax ativan or klonopin.

That sounds like a solid plan TG.

I’m 11 days or so into the microtaper. It seems to be going ok. I have rough afternoons after I eat lunch, and weird feelings before evening dose, but overall pretty tolerable.

I found a slow flow yoga on YouTube and I do that when I feel weird instead if laying down and hiding from it. It really seems to help keep my mind from spiraling.

I left the house yesterday just to do something fun! I haven’t done that in a month or more. Went with the family to a park and messed around.

I didn’t have anxiety, no weird head feelings, just ok!

I’ll take it!

Down to 2.18mg now

• 4 weeks later...

Hey just checking in. I’m continuing with the daily microtaper- I’m down to 1.95 now!

Feels good to be moving down.

I have symptoms every day. I feel a lot of DP/DR and spikes of anxiety come out of nowhere. I’m sleeping ok, very grateful for that.

I can *just* tolerate the swimmy head feeling that comes every afternoon. It’s right on the edge of what I can tolerate, but I’m surviving so far.

My appetite is totally gone. I’m forcing protein shakes most days.

I’m also incredibly fatigued. I can fall asleep for 2 hours at the drop of a hat. Again, very grateful to be able to sleep.

If I can keep this up I’ll be off Nov 15th this year.

TG, Joeb hope you are doing ok.

I saw Nikitis is off and doing fairly well! Yahoo!

I am a graduate of this group. (Some of us on Librium joined in here because we were a rare bunch and because the 2 drugs are so similar.) I just want to say keep the faith! You are close to the end, and you are going to make it! :thumbsup:

Thanks gardener- it seems like a painfully long process. I’m trying to focus on what is left rather that how much has been lost. It’s a wild ride.

Thanks for your post.

Tree

I am a graduate of this group. (Some of us on Librium joined in here because we were a rare bunch and because the 2 drugs are so similar.) I just want to say keep the faith! You are close to the end, and you are going to make it! :thumbsup:

Thanks Gardner- I am on Librium also about 4mg. It’s getting hard.

Hi Tree and everyone. I understand it’s hard to look at percentages this low. I’m doing something similar where I will taper .5 a month no matter what. So I’ll be done in September 2022. I feel so close yet so far away at times. I was on Xanax originally and I’ve been speaking to others about how Diaz is very weak so we are on fumes compared to Xanax ativan or klonopin.

How are you doing with the .5mg cuts?

Deep breaths!

Tree

Hi I like that idea of .01 a day that comes out to about .3 a month. How does this compare to what you were cutting monthly before this? Do you know where builder came up with that rate?

Hope you are hanging in there.

My Valium equivalent is about 1.7mg but I slowed way down. It doesn’t really seem to be helping all that much.