Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Welcome to the group PinHead, kris1967, Rabbit11, benzogirl, and mfate!!

Good luck with your taper and dont hesitate to ask questions.  That is why we are here!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thank you for the welcome Sharkey! 

The alcohol dissolves the benzo and with ever clear you can be certain.  What you see is just fillers that they use to shape the pill.  You don't need to worry about the sediment.

I kept my solution at room temp for up to 5 days with no problems.

sharkey

Thank you Sharkey, there was a LOT of sediment, is that normal?  The pill is peach colored and there was a LOT of peach colored sediment, that why I wondered if it dissolved completely.

You didn't ask me, but I'll just jump in I don't think Sharkey would mind.

If the pill is breaking apart thoroughly that is normal and fine.  The benzo is only a very small portion of the total pill and as long as it gets exposed to the alcohol it will dissolve.

Thank you so much SG!

Hey Rabbit,

Yes the sediment is normal.  It got my nerves bad in the beginning too but don't sweat it.  Until you get use to it, stir the solution well to ease your mind.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Thank you Sharkey!  Yep you got it, my nerves were telling me, this surely can't be all filler that I'm seeing!  LOL  I will take your word for it!

BTW, I have to ask, does the username 'sharkey' mean something, like were you bitten by a shark  :o  :laugh:

Thank you for sticking around to help us newbies. I won't start my microtaper for a bit, but I like to get all my ducks in a row and understand things prior to digging in.  BIG hugs!!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[1f...]

Hello MT friends,

I need your thoughts and help.

I've just clawed my way back to "stabilization" after a 4 week hold at .642 mgX and 4 mg V per day. Previous to hold, I have been cutting 2.5% of X,  every 7 days. The cuts caught up to me, launching me into horrific physical and mental pain. Torture! 

I would like to move ahead with MT but am unsure whether to do so with capsules (compounded) or liquid and how much should I aim to reduce to remain functional (raising children) and with manageable symptoms.

Note, I did not fully cross over to V due in depressive symoyoms. I do not have a history of deoression so wanted to avoid this.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Marija

Hello MT friends,

I've just clawed my way back to "stabilization" after a 4 week hold at .642 mgX and 4 mg V per day. Previous to hold, I have been cutting 2.5% of X,  every 7 days. The cuts caught up to me, launching me into horrific physical and mental pain. Torture! 

I would like to move ahead with MT but am unsure whether to do so with capsules (compounded) or liquid and how much should I aim to reduce to remain functional (raising children) and with manageable symptoms.

Note, I did not fully cross over to V due in depressive symoyoms. I do not have a history of deoression so wanted to avoid this.

Marija

Welcome Marija--I'm not the one to give any advise but there are others with plenty of wisdom. You're in a good group.

Thanks Sharkey,

I will go 10 days at my normal dose before starting the taper.

What percent is .25ml?  Of the 1mg of K?  Can I store it for very long before it loses potency? I would like to make the next days doses the night before. 

Thanks for answering my questions.  I feel like a four year old asking 20 questions. 

Shaani 

Hello Buddies,

This is day 2 of my switching to liquid at my regular dose.  I have read where many had no ill effects, however, I am not one of them.

Yesterday I was rather sleepy but today I am jittery, irritable with a headache.  It actually feels worse than the inter-dosing withdrawal I have been having for years.

Do some not make it on liquids?

Sorry MT buddies, would these questions be more appropriate for another group?

My best to all.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

If you just stay with it it will pass.  It's an adjustment.

I have heard some people say they went back to dry cutting because they did not like the liquid. I wouldn't give up to quickly. I dry cut trazodone and it was the biggest pain the rear you can imagine! I was so glad when I put that darn scale away for the last time. Freedom from the tyranny of calibration! Yippee! :yippee:

Hello Gardener,

You are so right.  I am going to give it some time.

I hope that your tapering is going well for you.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hello MT friends,

Marija

I just wanted to say  :hug: because I experienced the same thing! And now I will defer to the math and dilution gurus so you get accurate advice regarding micro-tapering.  Don't worry. They'll be here!

Hello Buddies,

This is day 2 of my switching to liquid at my regular dose.  I have read where many had no ill effects, however, I am not one of them.

Yesterday I was rather sleepy but today I am jittery, irritable with a headache.  It actually feels worse than the inter-dosing withdrawal I have been having for years.

Do some not make it on liquids?

Sorry MT buddies, would these questions be more appropriate for another group?

My best to all.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

If you just stay with it it will pass.  It's an adjustment.

I have heard some people say they went back to dry cutting because they did not like the liquid. I wouldn't give up to quickly. I dry cut trazodone and it was the biggest pain the rear you can imagine! I was so glad when I put that darn scale away for the last time. Freedom from the tyranny of calibration! Yippee! :yippee:

Hello Gardener,

You are so right.  I am going to give it some time.

I hope that your tapering is going well for you.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Thanks DD. The micro-taper is slow but much gentler. Sleep is still a huge problem, but I was prescribed Xanax for insomnia so no great shock that it gets worse as I get lower!

Sharkey and MT buddies, I started the liquid today. 1mg K / day.  2 x .5mg pills in 2ml 80 proof Vodka. Lots of sediment.  I try so hard to be exact with measuring to the lines on the cylinder and syringes.  I feel like I need those glasses that Belle's father wore in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.   :laugh:

I almost cried when I took my first dose. It is nerve wracking and this is the first baby step. One week on full dose then I  will start the taper.  Using the plan Sharkey outlined. .25ml reduction per day. Do you have any idea how long it may take me to complete my taper? I won't rush it, but just a general idea?  Sharkey, I am so glad you are still here to help us.  I know there are others available too. I so appreciate you guys.  To think we have to have a virtual village to deal with something so serious.  Words are not enough to express the gratitude.  I am truly alone here doing this. But I have you guys!  :smitten:

So now you have a solution where 1mg=2ml.  Yeah, that makes it kinda tough to meter out precise doses.

But if you just add 18ml of water, the you will have a solution where 1mg = 20ml.  Its a lot easier to precisely measure out 2.5ml than it is to measure out .25ml.

Dilution is what makes microtapering easy.

Builder, I took the 2ml solution and added 98ml of water.  Divided it into two equal doses and took one in the am and one tonight. That should work, right?  Shaani

Fwiw, micro-tapering using the jewelry scale has been working for me, 8mg to where I'm at. I've hit bumps in the road for a variety of reasons, but I think it's safe to say it's a viable way to go, for me at least.

Hello dpier,

So nice to hear that is working for you.

Take care,

doodle dog

Sharkey and MT buddies, I started the liquid today. 1mg K / day.  2 x .5mg pills in 2ml 80 proof Vodka. Lots of sediment.  I try so hard to be exact with measuring to the lines on the cylinder and syringes.  I feel like I need those glasses that Belle's father wore in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.   :laugh:

I almost cried when I took my first dose. It is nerve wracking and this is the first baby step. One week on full dose then I  will start the taper.  Using the plan Sharkey outlined. .25ml reduction per day. Do you have any idea how long it may take me to complete my taper? I won't rush it, but just a general idea?  Sharkey, I am so glad you are still here to help us.  I know there are others available too. I so appreciate you guys.  To think we have to have a virtual village to deal with something so serious.  Words are not enough to express the gratitude.  I am truly alone here doing this. But I have you guys!  :smitten:

So now you have a solution where 1mg=2ml.  Yeah, that makes it kinda tough to meter out precise doses.

But if you just add 18ml of water, the you will have a solution where 1mg = 20ml.  Its a lot easier to precisely measure out 2.5ml than it is to measure out .25ml.

Dilution is what makes microtapering easy.

Builder, I took the 2ml solution and added 98ml of water.  Divided it into two equal doses and took one in the am and one tonight. That should work, right?  Shaani

OK, that wasn't apparent in your post.  You're good!  :thumbsup:

Hello everyone. I am Sydney. I am on a MT after taking 1 mg of Ativan every day for twenty years. I need some help with the math!

Here's my method (thanks to you, builder, back in May!) I take a 1mg tab of Ativan and dissolve it in about 5ml of 151 rum (can't handle vodka) and put water into that totaling 100ml of liquid. I have been subtracting .5ml per day. I tried going faster and that didn't work well. I think because I took it for so long. Slow and steady is definitely the way to go for me, I just hit 20ml subtraction and I am doing okay.

I want to start saving my leftover (subtracted) solution to start conserving pills. When I get to 25ml I thought I would start saving, which is in a few days. Could anyone here please help me with how to do this? How much to save up and how much to subtract? For some reason (probably benzo fog) I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to change it up.

Thanks in advance, and I'm so happy I found this thread. The support here is so important to me.

Best to all.

Hello everyone. I am Sydney. I am on a MT after taking 1 mg of Ativan every day for twenty years. I need some help with the math!

Here's my method (thanks to you, builder, back in May!) I take a 1mg tab of Ativan and dissolve it in about 5ml of 151 rum (can't handle vodka) and put water into that totaling 100ml of liquid. I have been subtracting .5ml per day. I tried going faster and that didn't work well. I think because I took it for so long. Slow and steady is definitely the way to go for me, I just hit 20ml subtraction and I am doing okay.

I want to start saving my leftover (subtracted) solution to start conserving pills. When I get to 25ml I thought I would start saving, which is in a few days. Could anyone here please help me with how to do this? How much to save up and how much to subtract? For some reason (probably benzo fog) I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to change it up.

Thanks in advance, and I'm so happy I found this thread. The support here is so important to me.

Best to all.

Hey Sydney,

This is the way I saved the reductions from the doses and you can start now if you want.  Just treat the extra as totally separate.  So if you are at 75ml, then you will draw out the 25ml and put in another jar or storage container.  The next day you will draw out 25.5ml and put that in the same container.  Next day 26ml.  Next day 26.5ml.  Now you have 25 + 25.5 + 26 + 26.5 = 103ml.  You can pour this back into your cylinder and measure out 100ml and use this for you next dose.

sharkey

Attention math gurus: We now have 2 women with the same wolf avatar asking questions. Marija is still looking for help

which I mercifully did not try to give her.

[1f...]

I will re-post.

Hi MT Buddies.

I am looking for help to transition from cut and hold to MT.

I was successful at tapering from 2.65X to .642 X, symptomatic the entire way due to this is my 3rd, back to back attempt at tapering.

I hit a wall at .82 mg X. 4 mg V was added.

Hit another wall at .62 X, had to updose to .642 and have been holding for 4 weeks.

I currently dose X, 6 times a day - .107 mg, compounded capsules  and V, twice a day, 2 mg at 9:00 am and 9:00 pm.

Up until my hold, I have been cutting 2.5% X every 7 days. The cuts caught up to me.

I would like to try and liquid taper 1 of my .107 mg capsules but need help thinking this through.

Thoughts?

Thanks again Gardener :)

Gratefully,

Marija

Attention math gurus: We now have 2 women with the same wolf avatar asking questions. Marija is still looking for help

Gardener:

:laugh: :laugh:  heh heh heh. Same here...

Builder and Sharkey: Thank you both. Now I have no more questions, which will be of great solace for you. :D

builder: I didn't realize how close you are to jumping. Only 1.5 mg? I so wish I was at your stage. I'm so jealous. We'll make sure to celebrate. You've of so super help here that I hope you don't leave us. More will come by with the same questions. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Sharkey: I guess you celebrated the 4th of July better than we did. Good for you, buddy. I hope you stay here as well. :thumbsup::yippee: :yippee: :clap:

Bets

builder: I didn't realize how close you are to jumping. Only 1.5 mg? I so wish I was at your stage. I'm so jealous. We'll make sure to celebrate. You've of so super help here that I hope you don't leave us. More will come by with the same questions. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not sure what you're reading, but I have been benzo-free since last October (almost 9 mos.).  I jumped at .5mg. :)

Hey ladies,  I will be sure to read and respond to your taper questions soon.  Have a busy day at work so may be a while.  Sorry for the delay.

I see Marija, who is the second one gardener?

Stay strong!

sharkey

Need some clarification on micro tapering please. Will dissolve daily dose of 1mg K in 2ml vodka then add 98ml water to have total 100ml for daily dose taken 4x/day.  Have 1ml syringe with .1 markings and will  start day 1 extracting .25, day 2@ .5, day 3@ .75 so day 4 will be 1ml total.  Think i have this straight.  My question is do we hold at the 1ml for 14 days or any length of time or keep at this pace (mind and body willing) till tapering completely off drug?  We were going to hold but he wants to try again soon. Thank you!

I will re-post.

Hi MT Buddies.

I am looking for help to transition from cut and hold to MT.

I was successful at tapering from 2.65X to .642 X, symptomatic the entire way due to this is my 3rd, back to back attempt at tapering.

I hit a wall at .82 mg X. 4 mg V was added.

Hit another wall at .62 X, had to updose to .642 and have been holding for 4 weeks.

I currently dose X, 6 times a day - .107 mg, compounded capsules  and V, twice a day, 2 mg at 9:00 am and 9:00 pm.

Up until my hold, I have been cutting 2.5% X every 7 days. The cuts caught up to me.

I would like to try and liquid taper 1 of my .107 mg capsules but need help thinking this through.

Thoughts?

Thanks again Gardener :)

Gratefully,

Marija

Hey Marija welcome to the group!

You have .107mg X capsules? Is the pharmacy making them for you?  do you have a pill that is a round dose like .25mg or .5mg?  the math would be much easier with a whole number to work with.  BUT we can definitely use the capsules! (EDIT)

Stay strong!

sharkey

Need some clarification on micro tapering please. Will dissolve daily dose of 1mg K in 2ml vodka then add 98ml water to have total 100ml for daily dose taken 4x/day.  Have 1ml syringe with .1 markings and will  start day 1 extracting .25, day 2@ .5, day 3@ .75 so day 4 will be 1ml total.  Think i have this straight.  My question is do we hold at the 1ml for 14 days or any length of time or keep at this pace (mind and body willing) till tapering completely off drug?  We were going to hold but he wants to try again soon. Thank you!

With Micro-Tapering you only hold if you don't feel good. So if you feel good in mind and body you just keep going.  Use holds when you think the cuts are catching up with you.  If you have to continue holding then that is a good indication that your daily cut rate is too high.  If you are feel good all the time that is a good indication that you can increase your daily cut rate.

sharkey

Yes, this looks good. This would be a 3.5% cut in two weeks--very conservative cut. You might be able to increase the rate depending on how he feels, but this should work well for now. Many people taper 5 to 10% of the current dosage every two weeks.  If symptoms flare up during the taper, he can hold for a day or so to see if things get better.  At very low dosages, the rate might need to be decreased depending on how he feels.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Anne

Hey ladies,  I will be sure to read and respond to your taper questions soon.  Have a busy day at work so may be a while.  Sorry for the delay.

I see Marija, who is the second one gardener?

Stay strong!

sharkey

You already got her. Syndney.

Thanks Sharkey,

I will go 10 days at my normal dose before starting the taper.

What percent is .25ml cuts of the 1mg of K?  Can I store it for very long before it loses potency? I would like to make the next days doses the night before. 

Thanks for answering my questions.  I feel like a four year old asking 20 questions. 

Shaani