Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks Gardener and Anne.

I take one .5 mg tablet at night so should I prep this in the morning and take at normal time? You guys are so helpful. I appreciate your help on the busy holiday weekend  :)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gardener and Anne.

I take one .5 mg tablet at night so should I prep this in the morning and take at normal time? You guys are so helpful. I appreciate your help on the busy holiday weekend  :)

Yes, make your dilution and take it at your regular dose at your regular time for a week. This is to let your body adjust to the dilution (particularly that it's a liquid). Some people notice no difference, but some feel a bit off for a few days.

Happy to help. Just killing time waiting for all the neighbors to stop shooting off fireworks so I can go to bed!

Oh by the way, I am a she and not a he.  :laugh:  But, it's all good.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Ah ha! You have revealed your secret! Now how about you go into your profile and select "female" so all of us benzo-brains remember it!  ;)

And best wishes to you, too! WE CAN DO THIS!

Hey Gardener,

I was not really focused on it until I got called a boy instead of a girl.  :laugh:  I will take your advice and complete my profile.  I guess when I joined my main focus was/is on getting this yucky stuff out of my system.

I hope that your taper is going well.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

:-[

Hey Anne,

Please don't be sad.  I was not offended by the "he" comment.  A doodle dog can be a boy or a girl.  I am the one who forgot to complete my profile.

Thanks so much for helping me figure out a schedule for tapering.  I so greatly appreciate you and the entire Daily Micro Tapering buddies.

doodle  dog

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Ah ha! You have revealed your secret! Now how about you go into your profile and select "female" so all of us benzo-brains remember it!  ;)

Hey Gardener,

I was not really focused on it until I got called a boy instead of a girl.  :laugh:  I will take your advice and complete my profile.  I guess when I joined my main focus was/is on getting this yucky stuff out of my system.

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hey Anne,

Please don't be sad.  I was not offended by the "he" comment.  A doodle dog can be a boy or a girl.  I am the one who forgot to complete my profile.

Thanks so much for helping me figure out a schedule for tapering.  I so greatly appreciate you and the entire Daily Micro Tapering buddies.

doodle  dog

Ms. Doodle, I believe that emoticon is supposed to mean embarrassed. Frankly, it's the worst looking "embarrassed" emoticon I've ever seen! Looks more like sad or miserable to me. ::)

(Still online killing time waiting for every last pyrotechnic device in the state, apparently all on our block, to be exploded.)

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hey Gardener,

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hey Anne,

doodle  dog

Ms. Doodle, I believe that emoticon is supposed to mean embarrassed. Frankly, it's the worst looking "embarrassed" emoticon I've ever seen! Looks more like sad or miserable to me. ::)

(Still online killing time waiting for every last pyrotechnic device in the state, apparently all on our block, to be exploded.)

Thanks Gardener.  Well either way, sad or embarrassed, everything is fine.  And hopefully, as I begin my journey this weekend with my daily micro tapering, this will be fine too.

Hope it quiets down for you. 

doodle dog

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hey Gardener,

With gratitude,

doodle dog

Hey Anne,

doodle  dog

Doodle

I know you were not offended. lol.  As Gardner said, the emoticon is supposed to represent "embarrassed". Gardner is right--it does look miserable.  :)  You are welcome.  I am looking forward to hearing your updates. My taper is going very well.  We went shopping yesterday, and I felt great.  We went to several different stores over a period of 5 hours.  When I got home, I did some tidying up and prepared a very late dinner.  It was wonderful.  I remember going shopping several weeks ago, and after about 20 minutes, I had to leave the store because I was feeling off balance and shaky.  I am feeling so much better now that I am into my taper. Thank you for asking.

Gardner,

I hope things quieted down last night so you could get some sleep.  Tonight will be another noisy night here.  They blow off those fireworks until at least 2 or 3 AM. 

Happy 4th to everyone!!

I found this quote by Jonatan Martensson on a Quote-of-the-Day calendar in my daughter's room. I wanted to share it here because it is perfect for this group.

Success will never be a big step in the future;

success is a small step taken just now.

Hi Gardner,

Yes, the quote is perfect.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Anne

I found this quote by Jonatan Martensson on a Quote-of-the-Day calendar in my daughter's room. I wanted to share it here because it is perfect for this group.

Success will never be a big step in the future;

success is a small step taken just now.

Gardener,

Perfect quote.

Thanks for sharing and the encouragement.

doodle dog

Doodle

I know you were not offended. lol.  As Gardner said, the emoticon is supposed to represent "embarrassed". Gardner is right--it does look miserable.  :)  You are welcome.  I am looking forward to hearing your updates. My taper is going very well.  We went shopping yesterday, and I felt great.  We went to several different stores over a period of 5 hours.  When I got home, I did some tidying up and prepared a very late dinner.  It was wonderful.  I remember going shopping several weeks ago, and after about 20 minutes, I had to leave the store because I was feeling off balance and shaky.  I am feeling so much better now that I am into my taper. Thank you for asking.

Gardner,

I hope things quieted down last night so you could get some sleep.  Tonight will be another noisy night here.  They blow off those fireworks until at least 2 or 3 AM. 

Happy 4th to everyone!!

Anne,

So happy to read that you had a good day yesterday.  That's very encouraging.

Here's to another good day.

doodle dog

Hey Moo my friend!  Good to see you here too!  I could maybe try the liquid Xanax (I believe it's made by Roxanne), but I'm a bit nervous to do that because I've always taken pills.  I don't know how my body would react and I can't really afford to screw up.  When I fly, I don't usually have an option as to when I fly, it's dictated by my clients and when they want to see me.  If I didn't have to worry about flying, I would probably do a daily liquid taper in a red hot minute!

I'm not sure what everyone here uses to dissolve Xanax tablets, anyone have a comment on that?

Hugs,

Bunny :smitten:

Hey Rabbit! Welcome here. I'm pretty new at all this stuff and have miles to go. Anyway, I use 1-2ml of vodka to dissolve my Klonopin/Clonazepam and then create my solution. I didn't have a bit of problem changing to liquid after well over two decades of being on a huge dose of K. That's saying a lot because I am THE most sensitive person on the planet when it comes to meds, side effects, etc.  I have to travel around a lot too and it's usually without much notice as far as time goes. For small solutions such as yours, I'd think that mixing them ahead of time and using really small bottles would help. I like the 15ml clear bottles because you can make your small solution, put it in the bottle, add water to dilute a bit, and then be all ready to go. Bottoms up when it's time for your dose. Here are the bottles: http://www.amazon.com/CLEAR-Boston-Round-Glass-Bottle/dp/B00I3OYKZQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1436061867&sr=8-7&keywords=clear+boston+round+glass+bottle

Hey MT's!

It has been a bitter sweet Independence Day for me.  I am BENZO FREE Today!!!!  No mixing solutions or syringes.  No prescribed medication what so ever! 

I have been MIA because my grandfather passed away on Thursday.  He was 88 years old and lived a good life but was very sad for my family.  So I spent my Independence Day and my first day med free at the funeral home.  The bright side is I got to spend this day with so many family members that I would not have seen otherwise.  I'm keeping my head up and staying strong!  I'm not sure why Infinite Intelligence threw me this curve ball but I hope that is proves to you guys that we can quit this stuff under any circumstances.  I hope to write my benzo free celebration post in the next few days.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Anne,

So happy to read that you had a good day yesterday.  That's very encouraging.

Here's to another good day.

doodle dog

Hi Doodle Dog,

Thank you.  Yes, it is encouraging to me as well. So far so good.  The slow daily taper is the key.

Have a good night.

Anne

Hey MT's!

It has been a bitter sweet Independence Day for me.  I am BENZO FREE Today!!!!  No mixing solutions or syringes.  No prescribed medication what so ever! 

I have been MIA because my grandfather passed away on Thursday.  He was 88 years old and lived a good life but was very sad for my family.  So I spent my Independence Day and my first day med free at the funeral home.  The bright side is I got to spend this day with so many family members that I would not have seen otherwise.  I'm keeping my head up and staying strong!  I'm not sure why Infinite Intelligence threw me this curve ball but I hope that is proves to you guys that we can quit this stuff under any circumstances.  I hope to write my benzo free celebration post in the next few days.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi Sharkey,

I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. I know this is a very sad time for you and your family. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Congratulations on being benzo free!!  How wonderful to not have to worry about preparing and measuring those doses anymore. I am so happy for you. This news provides encouragement to everyone in the group. I am looking forward to reading your benzo free celebration post.

You stayed strong!!

Anne

told i should post here...i wish i couldve put my other post here but its too much to type all over.

i posted before about bf meeting the pnurse and now he demands i stop ct cause she said i could. i am sick and anxious over this whole issue now. he is back sun night when we will talk. long story. i now will have to ask my new DO to call in for me and hope to get a mixture made up

i feel panick just to think about having talk w bf tomrow night. also when i think i gotta deal w DO appt and neurotherapy and hope this weeks renters dont need anything from me.....all of life  and my uncertain future i just cant cope. i need to pay bills and sort piles and wash my hair some time and its late so i just wanna lay on couch and watch comedy reruns.

can you tell from my history if i was in wd between klon uses? maybe even over last 10 yrs?? what method should i do?

i had a reply elsewhere and cant find it now.  i have had some gad and ocd naturally before but worse off now! or am i expecting the worse stopping the klon. bf thinks its all from my obsessing over BB and other reading. the anxiety. but the weakness and fatigue i been fighting off and on for some years. got worse in fl last winter. that i wondered if i had something physically wrong.

anyway i just need to know what you all think about how i should quit?? i have wafers right now, one and half pm an done am which doesnt seem to do anything lately  guess the  last 2 weeks stress got to  me.

Hey MT's!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Sharkey,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather.  He will always live in your heart.

At the same time I greatly admire your strength in still making your jump today of being benzo free.

You are a true inspiration.

doodle dog

Hi Guys

It's great to see this daily micro-tapering support thread going. I've not been following the threads anymore and get on BB mostly to PM with a few people, but I just noticed this thread today. I  had difficulty with the cut and hold method when I got under 2mg of Valium and had great success when I switched to a daily micro-taper. Although it took a long time, my taper was relatively uneventful and on hitting 0, I was pretty close to healed. IMO, from a scientific point of view this method is the most physiologic.

Good luck with everyone's taper and remember that one day it will all be better.

Bart

Not wanting this to go by unnoticed even during these difficult times for you  , sharkey, I cant let it go unmentioned . You've done it! You're free and let the healing begin .

[move]

CONGRATULATIONS [/move]

Sharkey, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandfather. You are admirable, despite your sad time you are Benzo free! Congratulations!

:smitten:

Sorry for your loss, Sharkey...

Freedom now from Benzos! Bittersweet day indeed.

Keep on keeping on.

Best,

Bennie

:)

Hey MT's!

Stay strong!

sharkey

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. May his memory give you strength! And also so very happy to hear you are benzo-free. Congratulations!

told i should post here...i wish i couldve put my other post here but its too much to type all over.

i posted before about bf meeting the pnurse and now he demands i stop ct cause she said i could. i am sick and anxious over this whole issue now. he is back sun night when we will talk. long story. i now will have to ask my new DO to call in for me and hope to get a mixture made up

i feel panick just to think about having talk w bf tomrow night. also when i think i gotta deal w DO appt and neurotherapy and hope this weeks renters dont need anything from me.....all of life  and my uncertain future i just cant cope. i need to pay bills and sort piles and wash my hair some time and its late so i just wanna lay on couch and watch comedy reruns.

can you tell from my history if i was in wd between klon uses? maybe even over last 10 yrs?? what method should i do?

i had a reply elsewhere and cant find it now.  i have had some gad and ocd naturally before but worse off now! or am i expecting the worse stopping the klon. bf thinks its all from my obsessing over BB and other reading. the anxiety. but the weakness and fatigue i been fighting off and on for some years. got worse in fl last winter. that i wondered if i had something physically wrong.

anyway i just need to know what you all think about how i should quit?? i have wafers right now, one and half pm an done am which doesnt seem to do anything lately  guess the  last 2 weeks stress got to  me.

Kris, I'm sorry you're in a hard place right now. I have seen you posting on various threads and people have been answering, including me. According to your other posts, your prescriber is suggesting a rapid taper and your bf insists on cold turkey. You have asked about that and people have answered already on other threads. If you want to find your posts and answers, that's easy. Go to your profile and click on posts and you can bring up any post you have made and see the responses.

This is the micro-tapering support group. We can't help you with a rapid taper. I suggest you do some reading on this thread to find out how micro-tapering works in general and decide if it is something that you can do. But, you need your prescriber to agree to prescribe. I have already given you advice about how to approach your prescriber, as have others, on other threads. You would need her cooperation, so that's where to start.

Best Wishes,

Gardener

Hi Guys

It's great to see this daily micro-tapering support thread going. I've not been following the threads anymore and get on BB mostly to PM with a few people, but I just noticed this thread today. I  had difficulty with the cut and hold method when I got under 2mg of Valium and had great success when I switched to a daily micro-taper. Although it took a long time, my taper was relatively uneventful and on hitting 0, I was pretty close to healed. IMO, from a scientific point of view this method is the most physiologic.

Good luck with everyone's taper and remember that one day it will all be better.

Bart

Thanks for sharing this, Bart. It is just what I needed to hear today.

:smitten: