Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

My first post.  I’m starting liquid k tonight at .25mg.  I’ve been holding here for 5 weeks (in pill) and plan to begin DMLT in about 10 days after seeing how i feel.  I’m ready to keep going!

I have a question for Bob7.  He referenced foods that help healing brain.  What are those foods?

What supplements do you take?  I am taking magnesium glycinate, probiotic.

Thanks!  :)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m loving the DLMT method, haven’t felt this good since before c/t four months ago!! And have been focusing on the positives, so wanted to share.  Hope everyone is doing weller today :smitten:

:thumbsup::smitten:

I’m loving the DLMT method, haven’t felt this good since before c/t four months ago!! And have been focusing on the positives, so wanted to share.  Hope everyone is doing weller today :smitten:

Yes Uni!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

My first post.  I’m starting liquid k tonight at .25mg.  I’ve been holding here for 5 weeks (in pill) and plan to begin DMLT in about 10 days after seeing how i feel.  I’m ready to keep going!

I have a question for Bob7.  He referenced foods that help healing brain.  What are those foods?

Hi Circlestar,

Welcome..!!

:)

Hi circlestar,

B Vitamins manufacture and repair brain tissue - good foods are Potatoes, bananas, chickpeas, turkey, lean ground beef, and shellfish.  Also, Having protein (lean meat, eggs, or cheese) at each meal controls how carbohydrates are absorbed.

I do take a multi-vitamin and an extra B complex and lots of good quality fish oil and magnesium.

Did switching partially to liquid give anyone vertigo or make them dizzy? Really freaked out. Happened yesterday after a nap and this morning again. So bad I stayed home, had husband drive kids. No work. Afraid to get up!!!

I got severe vertigo from an inner ear problem during my taper. It came and went. Very scary. It wasn't caused by the taper at all, but by crystals in the ear floating out of place. My doctor did some positioning that fixed it. It's best to go to the doctor when you actually have the symptoms. Some physical therapist specialize in this, can do tests to see if the crystals are really the problem, and can do an even better job of fixing it than a doctor can. I think it's worth having it checked out. It might be an easy fix.

Gard :)

Did switching partially to liquid give anyone vertigo or make them dizzy? Really freaked out. Happened yesterday after a nap and this morning again. So bad I stayed home, had husband drive kids. No work. Afraid to get up!!!

Yep, I had that too, but not to the degree that Gardner had. I just rolled with it for a while and things finally leveled out, but I still get that dizzy feeling here and there. I switched to partial liquid, and it took several months for the dizziness to go away, but everyone's different. Keep on rockin'!

Jeff

Your vertigo attack had nothing to do with "... switching partially to liquid"

Gardner and Cantfly,

After attempting to begin a slow liquid taper, I reached removing 3ml from 300ml and started feeling awful.  I'm tapering from 1.5mg of Klonopin. 

I've decided to stay at the 1.5 a while longer as maybe a week or 8 days was not enough to stabilize.  I was just trying to avoid reaching tolerance.  I already feel like I'm in tolerance withdrawal.  I am totally terrified. 

I was almost non-functioning when I reinstated and I certainly don't want to head back there, but nor do I want to keep increasing my dose.  I'm wondering if it's just not working for me at this point.  I barely feel like I have anything in my system.

I'm totally terrified and not sure how to proceed.

And input would be appreciated.

Angel

Angel, terrified is normal at this point, if that's any consolation. Been there, done that!

Could you update your signature? I can't remember the details of your taper.

I have no personal experience with c/t or reinstatement, only with Long Holds and DLMT, so I'm kind of hesitant to give advice. But I will share what I've read from other people who have been there.

From what I've read, it takes a very long time to recover from a detox. Months or years. You could still be feeling the effects of that.

I think that now you have reinstated but are not able to taper. Reinstatement doesn't always work, depending on the time between the jump and the reinstatement. Maybe it did not work or maybe you didn't give the reinstatement enough time before you started to taper again. (Impossible to even guess without details in your signature.)

You might want to ask about this on the c/t and detox board or the Long Hold thread. You may find more people with personal experience in detox, reinstatement, tolerance, and stabilization in those places.

Just to go with my gut, and with no more details in your signature, I think you're still destabilized from your detox. Time may be what you need. If you decide you need time, there's no better place to hang out than the Long Hold Support thread. :thumbsup:

Gard :)

Gardner and Cantfly,

After attempting to begin a slow liquid taper, I reached removing 3ml from 300ml and started feeling awful.  I'm tapering from 1.5mg of Klonopin. 

I've decided to stay at the 1.5 a while longer as maybe a week or 8 days was not enough to stabilize.  I was just trying to avoid reaching tolerance.  I already feel like I'm in tolerance withdrawal.  I am totally terrified. 

I was almost non-functioning when I reinstated and I certainly don't want to head back there, but nor do I want to keep increasing my dose.  I'm wondering if it's just not working for me at this point.  I barely feel like I have anything in my system.

Angel

Hi Angel,

We were in detox at the same time.  I went in on Feb 2nd this year.  They assured me they could safely and easily do a medical detox to get me off Klonopin (not the reason I went there, btw).  It was such a lie and it was anything but safe and easy.  I lasted 35 days in c/t acute before I decided to reinstate, with my doctor’s urging. 

I reinstated at the 1mg Klonopin I’d been detoxed from but didn’t get stable.  So I updosed to 1.125mg and held for a month.  There are effects from the c/t detox that still linger but I got to a point where I was stable enough to begin DLMT.  Today is day 16 of tapering. 

Like you, I thought I was in tolerance but I wasn’t because a lot of things regulated.  This does not mean the Klonopin has the same effect it did prior to detox, it doesn’t.  But, it’s nowhere near being constantly in acute.  Have you held a consistent dose for a good amount of time?  In my experience 8 days is not enough time to stabilize.

Builder:

How can you be so sure? It's exactly 2 weeks since I started? I'm not saying you are wrong, but how can you be certain? I really don't want to go down another medical rabbit hole? So far it's all been benzos. I don't know. Anyway, thanks.

Builder:

How can you be so sure? It's exactly 2 weeks since I started? I'm not saying you are wrong, but how can you be certain? I really don't want to go down another medical rabbit hole? So far it's all been benzos. I don't know. Anyway, thanks.

1) "The most common diseases that result in vertigo are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), Ménière's disease, and labyrinthitis.  Less common causes include stroke, brain tumors, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, migraines, trauma, and uneven pressures between the middle ears."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo

"BPPV occurs when tiny calcium particles (canaliths) clump up in canals of the inner ear."

https://www.webmd.com/brain/vertigo-symptoms-causes-treatment#1

Benzo/withdrawal have nothing to do with any of those.  It  is a disease of the vestibular system, and is NOT a nervous or emotional disorder.

2)  There is absolutely no medical, pharmacological, or physiological reason taking your med (especially only part of it) as a liquid will change anything.  Its the same med.  Converting it to a liquid has no effect on its potency or efficacy.  And when you take a tablet, it becomes liquid within seconds of swallowing it anyway.

Hey UNI,

Great stuff..!!

Onwards and upwards..!!

Hey CF!! 

Thank you!  Going pretty well so far.  The only stuff that really gets me is external stressors, ohhhh if we could have a remote control for those and just hit MUTE! 

Hope you’re doing well, friend  :smitten:

Hi circlestar,

B Vitamins manufacture and repair brain tissue - good foods are Potatoes, bananas, chickpeas, turkey, lean ground beef, and shellfish.  Also, Having protein (lean meat, eggs, or cheese) at each meal controls how carbohydrates are absorbed.

I do take a multi-vitamin and an extra B complex and lots of good quality fish oil and magnesium.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Builder:

1) "The most common diseases that result in vertigo are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), Ménière's disease, and labyrinthitis.  Less common causes include stroke, brain tumors, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, migraines, trauma, and uneven pressures between the middle ears."

"BPPV occurs when tiny calcium particles (canaliths) clump up in canals of the inner ear."

Benzo/withdrawal have nothing to do with any of those.  It  is a disease of the vestibular system, and is NOT a nervous or emotional disorder.

2)  There is absolutely no medical, pharmacological, or physiological reason taking your med (especially only part of it) as a liquid will change anything.  Its the same med.  Converting it to a liquid has no effect on its potency or efficacy.  And when you take a tablet, it becomes liquid within seconds of swallowing it anyway.

Blue, builder is probably right. Common causes of vertigo are the most likely causes. I put up with my vertigo for a long time, thinking it was a reaction to my gabapentin. It was only when it got so severe I fell down and could not get up that I began to get suspicious something else was going on. It turned out to be the crystals thing.

However, the vertigo might still related to w/d. I say this because I see a whole support group related to dizziness on BB.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.0

Gard

Gardner and Cantfly,

Angel

Yes, your taper and SX history might help paint a picture...

It looks like you tapered fairly fast overall...  But then, some can...

I have only reinstated opiates, which are considered a relitivly quick taper...

Well I tapered for years (high dose) but was getting worse at 15 months off... was tapering V by then...

My best "GUESS" at this point is to settle into a hold for now, keep records of SX and see... You might want to "explore" the theory of Dose Correction or updose if the gap between your healing and actual dose is too great, and you cant continue with the hold..

Nothing is guaranteed, but I think given some time, you will find a more stable place from which to taper...

Sing out anytime..

I’m holding due to life stressors. Was hoping someone here could help.

My normal generic teva klonopin is/has been on back order.

The pharmacy only has Mylan & solco where my script is at & doc won’t call new script in anywhere else till I see him since he’s called me in different things to taper with so feels like there too many different scripts needs to cover his ass.

Has anyone taken teva strictly daily for years & switched to the above manufacturers with or without problems?

I’m holding right now as life’s been throwing me too many curveballs & I couldn’t tell if my compounded liquid clonazapam was making things worse, but I’ve felt better since stopping it.

I have .125 teva odts, that have aspartame in them. Should I try using them until my generic is back?

Do a partial order on the solco, or Mylan? I think solco might be qualities to bought out by solco.

I’m trying to remain as stable as possible before trying to start taper again.

Also, can withdrawal cause fatigue, just like too high of a dose can?

Much thanks

Your doc doesn't need to call in a new scrip.  If you choose a different pharmacy, they will get your existing scrip from your current pharmacy.

Your doc doesn't need to call in a new scrip.  If you choose a different pharmacy, they will get your existing scrip from your current pharmacy.

Thanks it’s already been transferred once when the far away pharm ran out & teva said it would be back on shelves by today. So can’t transfer again. And it’s nowhere to be found. I just got a partial fill at current pharm to mix in with what I have left, try & stay level & await teva getting it in gear.

Take care

Builder:

Blue - I don't think its the liquid - bc its RX Liquid Valium (which as you know, i use too)  - but I've had the vertigo - it started in my first rapid cut and hold taper - i never connected it - went away when i reinstated and came back when i resumed tapering..........