Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Bad move starting a Sri while tappering

[Ja...]

I’ve been tapering benzos since the start of the year,.New start and that,.from 25mg diazepam,.I was down to 2.5mg a night by March,.way to quick I know,.I decided to start again from 15,mg a day,.and found they settle the withdrawal symptoms but only a short period,.in between doses is more intense as well,theres definitely  tolerance so tried 10 mg the last week,.it’s seriously taxing my mental health,after walking down the stairs and overstepping the last step and nearly putting my knee out,.I hit the medicine draw and started an Sri from last year to try help,.the first day must of been a kinda energetic high that kinda helped,.and I thought yea this might work here,.2nd day in was rough as it really affected my sleep,.yesterday I though just stay with it and I barley left the bedroom,just feeling quite depersonalised and suffering withdrawal ,.I left my first 5mg untill 9 pm last night and had some good relief so it gave me encouragement again,I had my other 5mg at 12 and got 6 hours sleep to,.I  woke up and was kinda calm,.so today I thought I’ll split the 10mg for morning and night after leaving it all day yesterday and suffering,.looked in the mirror and looked calm/felt calm enough and took my 5mg with the 4 day sri,.within an hour I’d went from calm to seriously depressed,and very nervy,.and felt utter shit like a comedown of a stimulant,and looked it to,come 5 o’clock after counting the hours looking forward to tonight and bed,I started shaking with high anxiety and I couldn’t tell if it was withdrawal coming on or the anti ds,.so I took my 5mg night at 5.30 to get a hold of this,.it didn’t,I’ve felt very head fried and look like I’ve been up for days,.it’s only this last hour that my heads come back after riding it out,.So no more anti ds tomorrow and back to the taper,.I’ve took anti ds for years and it never done that,I think combining it with withdrawal and the tolerance was a big mistake,.just a heads up if any1s thinking about the same idea,The last 2 days were terrible,I’m actually looking forward to the morning to feel semi normal.

[jo...]

I was thinking of taking an AD for my withdrawl. Im three months out and having a hard time with anxiety and depression sometimes. Not sure though. Some recommended it some dont.

[Ca...]

Last night i took 12.5 mgs of seroquel so I would get some deep sleep. Oh what a price I paid for that sleep. These drugs are depressing and personally I don't think an AD will help benzo withdrawal. I've been on 5 mgs of lexapro for years only so I don't go into AD withdrawal. I always feel lousy after I take it. I am not even sue that ADs work for anyone....except big Pharma $$$$$$

• Like 1

[PE...]
51 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Last night i took 12.5 mgs of seroquel so I would get some deep sleep. Oh what a price I paid for that sleep. These drugs are depressing and personally I don't think an AD will help benzo withdrawal. I've been on 5 mgs of lexapro for years only so I don't go into AD withdrawal. I always feel lousy after I take it. I am not even sue that ADs work for anyone....except big Pharma $$$$$$

12mg!?. How on earth do you get any effect from that little??

I was subscribed 900mg a day at one point

I take 30-50mg a day now and wonder if it gives any effect at all.

[Ca...]

Probably because I already take 200 mgs of trazedone and six mgs of valium at bedtime. Do you take it at bedtime?

900 mgs would seem to be a lethal dose

Are you sure that was seroquel?

I already have such bad fatigue and cannot get up because I have such awful w/d symptoms but I will say I slept soundly!!

:)

[Bo...]

12,5mg is what Dr gave me for sleep too during taper early on. Some people’s bodies are very different and sleep on that kind of amount. Also think lower doses help sleep better for people in how seroquel works.

back to original post- diazwpam being longer acting yiu might be having all the drops and then changes affecting you now - it’s been like a yo yo it sounds.

def stay away from trying to add any meds at this point and stabilize on a dose of Valium you can stick with and steady out on. Then once stabilized /less symptom intensity, restart your reducing. All the quick changes can now be showing up bc of how long Valium acts (it might take a month or two to see effects from the changes you made first few months of rhis year).

keep reaching out and the taper board can help if you need some guidance for your taper 

[PE...]
27 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Probably because I already take 200 mgs of trazedone and six mgs of valium at bedtime. Do you take it at bedtime?

900 mgs would seem to be a lethal dose

Are you sure that was seroquel?

I already have such bad fatigue and cannot get up because I have such awful w/d symptoms but I will say I slept soundly!!

:)

Yes I'm really sure. Quetiapine as it calls here. They believed I was bipolar. I only took it for some weeks. It was a few years ago.. I stopped because i didn't get much affect.

I was prescribed 400mg a couple of months after my ct. I dropped 300 of it a month ago and im only taking the fast a ting part of it now, or only a third of it.

Mabey it's why. The long lasting Quetiapine can be taken at higher dosage. 

[Ca...]

well I believe the 200 mgs of trazedone was overkill and I would have been better served at 50 but can't taper that now::)

[Ca...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Yes I'm really sure. Quetiapine as it calls here. They believed I was bipolar. I only took it for some weeks. It was a few years ago.. I stopped because i didn't get much affect.

I was prescribed 400mg a couple of months after my ct. I dropped 300 of it a month ago and im only taking the fast a ting part of it now, or only a third of it.

Mabey it's why. The long lasting Quetiapine can be taken at higher dosage. 

Perhaps. I was prescribed 50 mgs of trazedone and I think 50 of seroquel after my cold turkey in rehab in 2016. I tapered off of both but still had withdrawal and severe lower back pain two years out and threw in the towel. Bad move.

• Like 1

[PE...]
Posted (edited)

To the topic. I think I was helped from quentapine.. it felt like it took away the peaks of the symptoms. I couldn't eat without vomiting before. When I removed almost all of the quentapine dose a month ago, 300mg, all I got was bad tinnitus for two days. So for me it was worth it. But as it can cause major problems I think it should be used if it's really needed. I couldn't loose more weight.. 

Edited by [PE...]

[dj...]

I tried so many different medicines trying to combat BIND / benzo withdrawal and none helped that much.  In fact, most made it worse.  

I liken it to adding water to a grease fire.  

Even the SSRIs and mirtazapine which are supposed to calm you down were way too activating for me, even at sub-therapeutic doses.  

[jo...]
4 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I tried so many different medicines trying to combat BIND / benzo withdrawal and none helped that much.  In fact, most made it worse.  

Even the SSRIs and mirtazapine which are supposed to calm you down were way too activating for me, even at sub-therapeutic doses.  

4 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Hi @djej2010 I am considering taking an ssri as most of my symptoms are mental anxiety and depression mood swings and cycles etc. I am wary though because I have taken an ssri in the past (sertraline) and I had problems going onto the drug, High anxiety/insomnia. The last thing any of us need is more of that! Im not sure if it'll be worth it as some say it doesn't help much anyway and some say it does. Thing thing is when I took it last it did stop anxiety when it settled. 

[dj...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @djej2010 I am considering taking an ssri as most of my symptoms are mental anxiety and depression mood swings and cycles etc. I am wary though because I have taken an ssri in the past (sertraline) and I had problems going onto the drug, High anxiety/insomnia. The last thing any of us need is more of that! Im not sure if it'll be worth it as some say it doesn't help much anyway and some say it does. Thing thing is when I took it last it did stop anxiety when it settled. 

I’m sure it helps some people.  For others it can make them feel worse.  Everyone is different. 

The thing is there are varying degrees of this brain injury and whether or not they help you probably depends on your degree of damage.  I know firsthand because I have discontinued and reinstated several times in the past five years.  The first time I got off the injury wasn’t nearly as bad and I could tolerate ADs ok.  Not nearly as well as I could beforehand but I could handle them at lower doses.  I found them helpful with energy and depression more than anything.  But, make no mistake, they were still no match for some of the sudden onsets of chemical anxiety, fatigue and depression that would roll through.  

It’s almost like the drugs helped when I needed them less but didn’t help at all when I really needed them.  In fact, I think they made panic/anxiety worse when I took a dose during a bad swing of whatever.  

My advice to anyone here is start at like 1/4th the smallest dose for the first night and if you have no problems, go to 1/2 and just feel things out from there.  I know everyone wants to get better in a hurry but it’s best to ease your way in just to be careful.  

• Like 1

[jo...]
3 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

I’m sure it helps some people.  For others it can make them feel worse.  Everyone is different. 

The thing is there are varying degrees of this brain injury and whether or not they help you probably depends on your degree of damage.  I know firsthand because I have discontinued and reinstated several times in the past five years.  The first time I got off the injury wasn’t nearly as bad and I could tolerate ADs ok.  Not nearly as well as I could beforehand but I could handle them at lower doses.  I found them helpful with energy and depression more than anything.  But, make no mistake, they were still no match for some of the sudden onsets of chemical anxiety, fatigue and depression that would roll through.  

It’s almost like the drugs helped when I needed them less but didn’t help at all when I really needed them.  In fact, I think they made panic/anxiety worse when I took a dose during a bad swing of whatever.  

My advice to anyone here is start at like 1/4th the smallest dose for the first night and if you have no problems, go to 1/2 and just feel things out from there.  I know everyone wants to get better in a hurry but it’s best to ease your way in just to be careful.  

Thanx! If I do decide to try them then I will be sure to be very careful.

• Like 1