Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Gard,

I taper usually .1% a week so .4% in a month and then I still had to do a hold after six weeks because I was so worn out from the withdrawals, sigh. Ten percent would kill me!! I did try a .2% taper this week though and it seems to be going ok. We'll see if I'm ready to do another one on Saturday. If I could do .8% in a month that would be awesome!!

Just putting it out there that everyone has to figure out what rate of tapering works best for them. I soooo wish I could taper 10% a month! Trying to be flexible so I can still live my life while tapering.

Super big hugs, :hug: :hug:

T

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Gard,

I taper usually .1% a week so .4% in a month and then I still had to do a hold after six weeks because I was so worn out from the withdrawals, sigh. Ten percent would kill me!! I did try a .2% taper this week though and it seems to be going ok. We'll see if I'm ready to do another one on Saturday. If I could do .8% in a month that would be awesome!!

Just putting it out there that everyone has to figure out what rate of tapering works best for them. I soooo wish I could taper 10% a month! Trying to be flexible so I can still live my life while tapering.

Super big hugs, :hug: :hug:

T

Sorry to hear that, T. :(  But, I agree, better to find a rate the lets you live your life.

Gard :)

Thanks Gard  :)

I'm just glad I figured out what works for me. So many people just keep tapering and then end up in horrible places. I've been there too. So glad I found the long hold thread and had wonderful people to laugh and chat with as we all dealt with trying to find some sanity in our lives!  :D I have to say this thread and that one have been life savers for me.

:hug:

T

Thanks Gard  :)

I'm just glad I figured out what works for me. So many people just keep tapering and then end up in horrible places. I've been there too. So glad I found the long hold thread and had wonderful people to laugh and chat with as we all dealt with trying to find some sanity in our lives!  :D I have to say this thread and that one have been life savers for me.

:hug:

T

Was looking @ your signature & it said polydrugged for 5 years, med free for 10 years. I know that’s not what this thread is about, but I’m teetering on trying another antidepressant even though I’ve been very medication resistant in the past & have had bad withdrawal & sworn them off. Depression is no doubt am being made worse by my high dose of klonopin. I just feeling so stuck with depression, anxiety(clonazapam really only stopped panic attacks & helps some with anxiety & sleep) it’s hard to say with depression if I’m having straight up anxiety or depression, fatigue, cognitive problems.

I’m trying to hold on & not take phych Meds, but also when they have worked or partially worked in the past, that’s the last time I remember being out in the world functioning.

I could try tapering & therapy sense Meds. Question is did you have bad depression that was helped with antidepressants?

Thanks sorry to derail- hope you are well

Scaredie,

Another good way to contact someone (like you are trying to do in your last message) is to send them a PM.

Here is my take on your question.

I too was on Klonopin and trying to taper and life hit me with some new family concerns and I got depressed.  I took anti depression meds for about 2 months.  It really stopped the depression.  I was able to stop them with some withdrawal symptoms but the symptoms went away within a few weeks.

Can someone tell me how much vodka would be needed to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium? I think someone told me several years ago to use 3mL of vodka to dissolve 1mg of klonopin (which I'm tapering off of) before adding 97mL of water to make a solution, but I'm not sure how to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium.

Thanks!

Jeff

Scaredie,

Another good way to contact someone (like you are trying to do in your last message) is to send them a PM.

Here is my take on your question.

I too was on Klonopin and trying to taper and life hit me with some new family concerns and I got depressed.  I took anti depression meds for about 2 months.  It really stopped the depression.  I was able to stop them with some withdrawal symptoms but the symptoms went away within a few weeks.

Thank you Bob.

Do you mind me asking what antidepressants you took?

I’ve been very medication resistant, either they don’t work at all, make me worse, or cause too many side effects to tolerate. I’ve tried them all, but thought maybe since it’s a different time, perhaps one may work again or work without the unwanted side effects. but it’s been such a struggle without antidepressants even though I always end up wanting off or they quit working.

Did you quit cold turkey? Like how many weeks until your withdrawal symptoms went away?

Do you remember how long until it started working?

I know we’re all different.

Bob, you offered to make me a chart for using for a dry taper with the scale, for conversions. Does that offer still stand? I have the Gemini 20 scale &don’t know how to use it at all.

Also, you were going to tell me how I could use gel caps. If so I’ll keep a look out for your response.

I’d like the ability to use dry & or liquid, perhaps combining the two methods until my dose gets lower, although I havnt started yet. Just lost my dear dog & like I said the depression is pounding me.

Thanks Bob, hope you are well

Hi Scaredie,

I used Celexa.

I was very depressed but it really it seemed to help within a week and was much better in a month.

In about 3 months, the family crisis was over and I had no depression.  I felt a bit like a robot.  So the doctor slowly weaned me off of Celexa (tapered) over about 10 days.

The withdrawal from Celexa was not fun.  It was intense at times (like motion sickness) but it doesn't last long.  I think the worst of it happen in a week and within 2 weeks, the withdrawal was over.

Yes, I can help you with your dry taper. 

Questions:

(1)  What is your Klonopin pill dose (I think you had 0.5 mg Klonopin pills).

(2)  Can you please weigh 10 pills and tell me how many grams.  I will then divide by 10 to get the average weight for your pills.  Each pill should be about 0.17 grams but I want to be sure we get it right.  You might have a different type of pill.

(3)  What dose of Klonopin do you want to start with (e.g. are you currently taking a full pill or 1/2 a pill)?

(4)  How do you want to taper (e.g. How many mg each day or do you want to take a larger cut and hold each time until stable?

Hi Scaredie,

I used Celexa.

I was very depressed but it really it seemed to help within a week and was much better in a month.

In about 3 months, the family crisis was over and I had no depression.  I felt a bit like a robot.  So the doctor slowly weaned me off of Celexa (tapered) over about 10 days.

The withdrawal from Celexa was not fun.  It was intense at times (like motion sickness) but it doesn't last long.  I think the worst of it happen in a week and within 2 weeks, the withdrawal was over.

Questions:

(2)  Can you please weigh 10 pills and tell me how many grams.  I will then divide by 10 to get the average weight for your pills.  Each pill should be about 0.17 grams but I want to be sure we get it right.  You might have a different type of pill.

(3)  What dose of Klonopin do you want to start with (e.g. are you currently taking a full pill or 1/2 a pill)?

(4)  How do you want to taper (e.g. How many mg each day or do you want to take a larger cut and hold each time until stable?

Thank you

Did you take generic celexa?

What year was it that you took it?

1).5mg pills

2)Do I weigh each pill individually? Or put 10 pills on the scale?

3)I’m taking full pill .5mg

4)cutting no more than .03mg per day off the .5mg pill, I think, my thought is to dry taper off one .5mg pill at a time, while trying to also use my liquid to do dlmt for another dose. Or just learn from you how to do dry scale taper as dmt as a percent 5-10% of my total dose 3.5mg, if I decide not to use liquid.

Can someone tell me how much vodka would be needed to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium? I think someone told me several years ago to use 3mL of vodka to dissolve 1mg of klonopin (which I'm tapering off of) before adding 97mL of water to make a solution, but I'm not sure how to dissolve a 10mg tablet of valium.

Thanks!

Jeff

You can dissolve 1mg of all common benzos with 2ml of 80 proof vodka. 

So a 10mg tablet will require at least 20ml of 80 proof vodka. 

If you then dilute with 80ml water, your final solution will be .1mg per ml.

Hi Scaredie,

I used Celexa.

Questions:

Thank you

1).5mg pills

4)cutting no more than .03mg per day off the .5mg pill, I think, my thought is to dry taper off one .5mg pill at a time, while trying to also use my liquid to do dlmt for another dose. Or just learn from you how to do dry scale taper as dmt as a percent 5-10% of my total dose 3.5mg, if I decide not to use liquid.

I’m taking 6:30am .5mg, 12:30pm .5mg, 6:30pm.5mg, 9:45pm 2mg

2) my pills weigh .170 times 5 then .169,.171,.172,.173,.167 total of 1.722

Hi Scaredie,

I used Celexa.

Questions:

Thank you

1).5mg pills

I’m taking 6:30am .5mg, 12:30pm .5mg, 6:30pm.5mg, 9:45pm 2mg

2) my pills weigh .170 times 5 then .169,.171,.172,.173,.167 total of 1.722

I took the generic - Citalopram.  It was about 18 months ago.  10 mg once a day but I think I might have only done 5mg.

Since you are at such a large amount of Klonopin, their is no need to mix with the Microcrystalline Cellulose.  You will get accurate enough results without it.  But, when you get to < 0.1 mg per day, I can tell you about mixing with Microcrystalline Cellulose so your scale will work better (scales work better at higher weights).

Yes, please weigh 10 pills all at the same time and give me the result.  I will then make you a nice table.

Bob

Hi Scaredie,

I see you just posted the weight of 0.1722 grams per pill (average) so I will use that.

I will start working on it in a few minutes.

Bob

Scaredie,

To reduce by 0.03 mg per day off of one klonopin tablet, follow the weigh chart below.

Please note, when you get to day 14, your scale will have trouble weighing such a small amount.  Be patient with in.  In future, if this works for you, I can teach you about filler materials to keep the weight up. 

day dose weight

# mg grams

1 0.50 0.172

2 0.47 0.162

3 0.44 0.152

4 0.41 0.141

5 0.38 0.131

6 0.35 0.121

7 0.32 0.110

8 0.29 0.100

9 0.26 0.090

10 0.23 0.079

11 0.20 0.069

12 0.17 0.059

13 0.14 0.048

14 0.11 0.038

15 0.08 0.028

16 0.05 0.017

17 0.02 0.007

Scaredie,

To reduce by 0.03 mg per day off of one klonopin tablet, follow the weigh chart below.

Please note, when you get to day 14, your scale will have trouble weighing such a small amount.  Be patient with in.  In future, if this works for you, I can teach you about filler materials to keep the weight up. 

day dose weight

# mg grams

1 0.50 0.172

2 0.47 0.162

3 0.44 0.152

4 0.41 0.141

5 0.38 0.131

6 0.35 0.121

7 0.32 0.110

8 0.29 0.100

9 0.26 0.090

10 0.23 0.079

11 0.20 0.069

12 0.17 0.059

13 0.14 0.048

14 0.11 0.038

15 0.08 0.028

16 0.05 0.017

17 0.02 0.007

Bob,

Thank you so much I’m very sorry. I’m not sure what happened, but I just got your message and put 10 pills on my scale and it said 3.996

I could have sworn that I weighed all ten on the scale earlier in addition to weighing each one separately and it said 1.722 with all ten on it

My memory is extra awful right now and I could have added my individual pill weights to get that 1.722 figure, but that’s not what they equal when added, they =1.702

What do you make of this new figure I’ve gotten weighing all tens pills at the same time? 3.996?

Sorry Bob we need to figure out why I have 2 different figures it looks like

Thank you

Yes, we need to figure this out.  It is very strange.

I know for a fact that a 0.5 mg Klonopin tablet should weigh about 0.17 grams. 

Hence, I suspect you have a "tare" problem.

Do you know how to "tare" your scale?

Scaredie,

day dose weight

# mg grams

1 0.50 0.172

2 0.47 0.162

3 0.44 0.152

4 0.41 0.141

5 0.38 0.131

6 0.35 0.121

7 0.32 0.110

8 0.29 0.100

9 0.26 0.090

10 0.23 0.079

11 0.20 0.069

12 0.17 0.059

13 0.14 0.048

14 0.11 0.038

15 0.08 0.028

16 0.05 0.017

17 0.02 0.007

Bob,

Thank you so much I’m very sorry. I’m not sure what happened, but I just got your message and put 10 pills on my scale and it said 3.996

I could have sworn that I weighed all ten on the scale earlier in addition to weighing each one separately and it said 1.722 with all ten on it

My memory is extra awful right now and I could have added my individual pill weights to get that 1.722 figure, but that’s not what they equal when added, they =1.702

What do you make of this new figure I’ve gotten weighing all tens pills at the same time? 3.996?

Thank you

Also, Bob, how exactly do I cut my pills to get those weights?

Thanks again. I’ll save this chart

I’ll await your response

Hi Scaredie,

I see you just posted the weight of 0.1722 grams per pill (average) so I will use that.

I will start working on it in a few minutes.

Bob

Bob I posted 1.722 not .1722 so what am I missing here?

Thanks

Well I divided 1.722 by 10 to get the average weight.  1.722 divided by 10 is 0.1722.

Did you figure out how to "Tare" your scale (it makes the scale read zero, you must do this before each new measurement).  It is probably the reason you got 3.996 earlier.

I am also about to send you another post.  Just a minute.

Scaredie,

day dose weight

# mg grams

1 0.50 0.172

2 0.47 0.162

3 0.44 0.152

4 0.41 0.141

5 0.38 0.131

6 0.35 0.121

7 0.32 0.110

8 0.29 0.100

9 0.26 0.090

10 0.23 0.079

11 0.20 0.069

12 0.17 0.059

13 0.14 0.048

14 0.11 0.038

15 0.08 0.028

16 0.05 0.017

17 0.02 0.007

Bob,

Thank you

Also, Bob, how exactly do I cut my pills to get those weights?

Thanks again. I’ll save this chart

I’ll await your response

I recommend these steps:

(1) Crush your pill or at least break it into little bits on a clean plate

(2) Put a clean piece of aluminum foil on your scale.

(3) "Tare" your scale (this makes the reading zero - do you know how to do this step?)

(4) Sprinkle the little bits of klonopin onto the foil until the reading matches the weight you want. 

Please note, these scales have trouble at small weights.  Even breathing on them will change the value.  You just need to muscle through it until you are ready to learn how to use filler (Microcrystalline Cellulose).  You really need to just try it for a few weeks to understand what I am talking about.

I did tare it once earlier before weighing each pill individually & they all came out to about .17, with all 10, I believe being 1.722

Then I got the scale out again just now placed 10 pills on it & got 3.996 with all ten pills on it.

I removed them hit the tare button & weighed again & got the same # essentially

I did tare it once earlier before weighing each pill individually & they all came out to about .17, with all 10, I believe being 1.722

Then I got the scale out again just now placed 10 pills on it & got 3.996 with all ten pills on it.

Do I just need to remove the little pan & hit the tare button?

Do I just need to remove the little pan & hit the tare button?

If the little pan is the plastic tray used to hold material, then perhaps this is the problem.

You should have the plastic tray on the scale and then tare.

Then leave the tray on the scale and add the pills.

Is that what you are doing?

Scaredie,

Send me the name and model number for your scale - I will try to find the user manual on the internet so I can better understand your scale.

Also, as a quick test, can you do this:

(1) Put a very small tray on the scale (hopefully, one came with your scale)

(2) Hit the tare button and wait for it to zero out

(3) Add 1 Tablespoon of water

We expect it to report about 13 to 15 grams depending on how good your tablespoon is.

What do you get?

Hi Everyone!

Nice to see some familiar names over here. A question. I am just below 3 now, tapering 1 mg w/ DLMT and the other 2 in pill form still. Since I switched to liquid a few days ago, my hands are freezing again and I have an eye twitch that will not stop. It's awful. What the heck? Could this possibly be from going to liquid?

Thanks!

Blue