Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Guard, -You have lost your trust in medical stuff..??

-How could that happen..!! Lol

My Best to you...

:)

Hey, Cant! :yippee:

And, yes. It is written in my medical record that I have "a deep distrust in the medial system." And if it's in my medical record, it must be true! ::)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I don’t know how to get onto this support group. I don’t see a ‘new’ prompt to start a new message, so I’m just going to post here & hope for feedback & hopefully interaction with other dlmt members, especially klonopin & dlmt.

Thank you & I hope you are well.

Hi,

Since my first dose of liquid clonazapam compounded by pharmacist felt like placebo, I’d really like to here from those who’ve taken pharm compounded liquid clonazapam & your experiences with it.

If it didn’t work for you. Lease tell how you knew it wasn’t working & how long it took you to figure that out? Did you have serious ramifications from the experience?

Was yours made with pure powder? Crushed tablets? What solution? Concentration? Etc

Mine is made with ora sweet & ora plus with crushed teva tablets(my generic)@ .5mg/ml concentration. My total daily dose is 3.5mg & I plan to liquid taper .5mg @ a time remaining on tablets for the rest of other daily dosesuntil next .5mg 6:30am dose is ready to be tapered, then liquid taper that down to .25mg hold, & liquid taper 12:30pm dose down to .25mg, then hopefully liquid taper each of those day doses down simultaneously, as I remain on tablets for bed dose, until that comes then liquid taper off that .5mg @ a time.

If you tried it & decided to go a different route & that worked better, please let me know of that, too, if you would please.

All experiences & imput welcome.

Much thanks

To start a totally new post, just click on "reply" at the bottom of the thread.

To start a new thread with a new topic title you have to be on one of the main boards, such as the titration board. (This is just a thread.) Click here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0. Then look for the "new topic" button at the upper right.

I'm sorry I have always done my own compounding, so I can't help you there. But, to the you the truth, I don't trust a pharmacy enough to let them compound my medication. That's just me. I know others have done it.

Gard

Thank you for responding. I did already post out under general titration. I read your signature, but still don’t totally understand your journey. If I end up having to make my own liquid, does what & how your doing it also apply to klonopin?

Thank you, hope your well

Scardie, Yes, the basics of liquid titration are pretty much the same.

1. Change your benzo into a liquid by either dissolving it or suspending it.

• I dissolve 5mg of Librium (because that's the size the capsules come in) in 3ml of 80 proof vodka and add 97ml of water. Now I have 100ml of L solution to work with.
  • I don't know how to liquefy K, but Builder or somebody who does can help you with that.

2. Figure out how fast you want to reduce. It is common to reduce by 10% of your dose per month.

• For me that would be removing 10ml of L solution from each dose per month.

3. But you don't want to chop off that whole 10% all at once. You want to take small reductions every day.

• So I divide the 10ml by 30 days to get the tiny amount I want to reduce by each day. That would be reducing by .33ml each day. By the end of the month I will have removed the whole 10ml (10% of my dose) .

4. It's a nuisance to hit the mark exactly when your syringe doesn't have a mark for such a small number, so round to the nearest mark.

5. People make charts or spreadsheets to keep track of how much they take each day.

• I just have a 4x6 card on my kitchen counter with the days of the week and how much to take on each day.

That's the basics. But Librium is different from other benzos in one way. It is not stable in an aqueous solution so I have to do my measuring a bit differently. I have to make a fresh batch each day and throw away what I don't use. So I make a small a batch (only 100ml per dose) for that day and pitch what I don't consume. You don't have to do that. You can make a whole week's worth of solution at a time, and measure what you need for each dose, and consume it. This is where you the titration gurus will help you. You tell them the size of your tablets and the amount you are taking and they help you make a solution and a spreadsheet with how much to consume each day to rescue by the 10% per month.

I hope that was helpful and not confusing!

Gard :)

Scardie, Yes, the basics of liquid titration are pretty much the same.

1. Change your benzo into a liquid by either dissolving it or suspending it.

• I dissolve 5mg of Librium (because that's the size the capsules come in) in 3ml of 80 proof vodka and add 97ml of water. Now I have 100ml of L solution to work with.
  • I don't know how to liquefy K, but Builder or somebody who does can help you with that.

2. Figure out how fast you want to reduce. It is common to reduce by 10% of your dose per month.

• For me that would be removing 10ml of L solution from each dose per month.

3. But you don't want to chop off that whole 10% all at once. You want to take small reductions every day.

• So I divide the 10ml by 30 days to get the tiny amount I want to reduce by each day. That would be reducing by .33ml each day. By the end of the month I will have removed the whole 10ml (10% of my dose) .

4. It's a nuisance to hit the mark exactly when your syringe doesn't have a mark for such a small number, so round to the nearest mark.

5. People make charts or spreadsheets to keep track of how much they take each day.

• I just have a 4x6 card on my kitchen counter with the days of the week and how much to take on each day.

That's the basics. But Librium is different from other benzos in one way. It is not stable in an aqueous solution so I have to do my measuring a bit differently. I have to make a fresh batch each day and throw away what I don't use. So I make a small a batch (only 100ml per dose) for that day and pitch what I don't consume. You don't have to do that. You can make a whole week's worth of solution at a time, and measure what you need for each dose, and consume it. This is where you the titration gurus will help you. You tell them the size of your tablets and the amount you are taking and they help you make a solution and a spreadsheet with how much to consume each day to rescue by the 10% per month.

I hope that was helpful and not confusing!

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain as clearly as anyone could. If my brain were working better, I’d totally get it. I think I’d definitely need chart help along with how to make my concoction with my tablets, but I saved your post so I may refer back to it. Sometimes my brain cooperates better & sometimes it takes me hearing something from a few different angles or scenarios to ‘get it’. I do sort of understand, but think I’d have to write out my chart to truely understand the numbers-what I’m taking & subtracting from everyday. Much gratitude, best wishes, Scared  :)

You're welcome, Scardie. It took me quite a few explanations before I understood it. And even more before I had the nerve to do it!

Gard ;)

Hi everyone. I was all geared up to start the LMT and someone on a FB group said she could not transition from pill klonopin to liquid because she got so sick. It felt like she didn’t dose at all for a week. She thought that I’m so close I should just continue my dry cutting. So... my pill sits in the fridge decomposing in hemp milk for days now while i still dry cut.

I feel torn. Anyone have a klonopin success story?

Thanks!!

You're welcome, Scardie. It took me quite a few explanations before I understood it. And even more before I had the nerve to do it!

Gard ;)

I've been doing it for 3 years and I STILL don't get it!!! Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jeff

Gard ;)

I've been doing it for 3 years and I STILL don't get it!!! Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jeff

:2funny:

Gardener99

Thanks for letting me know that Builder is posting messages. He graciously offered to help me with a plan to titrate liquid Valium but I have not heard from him since. I know he is busy. I am not sure how to contact him directly.

Spinner

Gardener99

Thanks for letting me know that Builder is posting messages. He graciously offered to help me with a plan to titrate liquid Valium but I have not heard from him since. I know he is busy. I am not sure how to contact him directly.

Spinner

Click here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4125

Then click Send PM under his avatar. Technically, taper advice is supposed to be done on the boards, so you could just ask him to look for your questions on the Daily Micro-Tapering thread.

Alternately, I have seen people start a new thread on the Titration Board with a post titled "Builder, please help" or similar.

Don't give up. He juggles  a lot of people. Speaking of which, he will need you to add a signature to your posts so he doesn't mix you up with those other people. Click on Profile above and then Forum Profile and you all find the place to create a signature (brief history of your med use with dates and doses) .

Gard ;)

:thumbsup:

Hi All,

I wasn't really sure where to place this post, but I have a question.  I did a rapid taper from 2.5 mg Xanax in February, which was basically cold turkey.  I was spiraling badly and decided to reinstate on 1.5 mg Klonopin to allow my body to level out and then begin tapering.

Has anybody had success after reinstating after three months and then doing a very slow taper.  I felt like I had no choice.  I felt myself becoming catatonic. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Angel

Hi All,

I wasn't really sure where to place this post, but I have a question.  I did a rapid taper from 2.5 mg Xanax in February, which was basically cold turkey.  I was spiraling badly and decided to reinstate on 1.5 mg Klonopin to allow my body to level out and then begin tapering.

Has anybody had success after reinstating after three months and then doing a very slow taper.  I felt like I had no choice.  I felt myself becoming catatonic. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Angel

Yes there are.. Begood is a fine example... -and rather well documented...

Sorry BG.. :)

Lynn33 -is another, who is off and did a good progress log...

Question is, how slow are you prepared to go, if needed...

My best wishes as you proceed...

I would add that if you're thinking about reinstating, you should also be considering a long hold to stabilize rather than jumping right into tapering again.

Hi everyone. I was all geared up to start the LMT and someone on a FB group said she could not transition from pill klonopin to liquid because she got so sick.

Sorry WonderWoman...not good with qoting from my cell phone.

If you decide to start a liquid taper it is always good to start at your current dose for a bit. Some people can have symptoms with switching methods.

I myself did OK switching over to liquid. However, I am getting ready to start a dry cut and will not drop quick right away with that either.

BTW, what is DMT and LMT? It's not in the abbreviations . I'm guessing it's dry method and liquid method?

I think DMT is Daily Micro-taper (dry or liquid) and LMT is Liquid Micro-taper.

...and DLMT is daily liquid microtaper.  ;)

I think DMT is Daily Micro-taper (dry or liquid) and LMT is Liquid Micro-taper.

...and DLMT is daily liquid microtaper.  ;)

Builder! Spinner1 is looking for you.

... someone on a FB group said...

I wouldn't use that as a basis to make any decision, about anything! ::) ::)

:laugh:  :laugh:

But see how smart she was to come here and investigate further? :thumbsup:

;) ;)

;) ;)

Builder, did you get a PM from me and/or Bob (Spinner) about helping him get started with his valium taper? He's not yet real comfortable with using this thread yet (maneuvering around, posts, PM's, etc)? Desperate to get some guidance.

Moocho thanks!

Jeff

Gardener99

Spinner

See your PMs.

Sorry for the slow response.