Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I do have a question though. I had to change my generic meds again, sigh, but this time it ended up being an updose. It feels like a big one too.

also curious what generic you changed from and to, thanks!!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question though. I had to change my generic meds again, sigh, but this time it ended up being an updose. It feels like a big one too.

Pretty sure Shepherd changed from activis to accord double check tough hope that helps

Pretty sure Shepherd changed from activis to accord double check tough hope that helps

I switched from activis to accord. I did do the 1% cut to try to counteract the updose it caused. Still was a little dopey yesterday so it might be even more of an updose than the 1%. Nice to be able to cut instead of having to hold until the generic switch over is done :)

I switched from activis to accord. I did do the 1% cut to try to counteract the updose it caused. Still was a little dopey yesterday so it might be even more of an updose than the 1%. Nice to be able to cut instead of having to hold until the generic switch over is done :)

Tntd,

Canypt remember are you dlmt?

Hi everyone!  So I DLMT my Xanax with PG.  I dose 4x a day.  Since I’m getting so low, my daily reductions are getting difficult to measure out with the 1ml syringe.  Any advice?  Thanks  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone!  So I DLMT my Xanax with PG.  I dose 4x a day.  Since I’m getting so low, my daily reductions are getting difficult to measure out with the 1ml syringe.  Any advice?  Thanks  :thumbsup:

Can you change the ratio by say X 10..??

Increase the dilution ratio.

a .1mg/ml solution will let you easily measure down to .01 (hundredths) of a mg

a .01mg/ml will let you easily measure down to  .001 (thousandths) of a mg.

Thanks guys!!  I guess I’m off to make new calculations.  Things really slow down when you get this low.  At what point do you consider jumping?  I appreciate all the help through this process  :smitten::thumbsup:

Tntd,

Canypt remember are you dlmt?

I tried the dlmt but I couldn't taper daily. After ten days I was in the weeds really bad. So now I do a weekly taper as I'm able. I'm using the same idea just at a slower rate since the dlmt was too fast for me. I still get w/d sxs doing a .0019mg taper once a week. I have also tried a .0038mg taper twice. One time went great but the next time I ended up in a wave so I'm not sure if the amount of the taper had an effect or not. I've tried doing the same amount of the taper twice a week and then I was having w/d sxs constantly so the once a week taper is what's working best for me. At least I'm making some small forward progress :)

"... dlmt was too fast for me"

Well, I definitely believe folks should follow whatever procedure they're comnfortable with, but...

whether you cut 10% and hold for 10 days, or cut 1% per day for 10 days, at the end of 10 days, you have cut 10%.  At any given cut rate, a daily taper is no faster or slower than a C&H.

Thanks guys!!  I guess I’m off to make new calculations.  Things really slow down when you get this low.  At what point do you consider jumping?  I appreciate all the help through this process  :smitten::thumbsup:

I think that depends on how your previous few months (or cuts) have gone...

But I would go as low as practically possible... -why not...

The Quacks said I wouldnt be feeling my dose a year ago...

For me, things got interesting at 0.25v.. a whole range of new, strong, common SX are cycling through... I tried to jump from 0.5v -I got hit hard...

But all the best with what you decide, I am, after all doing a cut n hold, and would expect a DLMT to be somewhat smoother..

:)

I've been unable to get to the computer recently. My kids are home a lot and so I've been spending time with them. I've also been crocheting to keep my anxiet under control :)

I do have a question though. I had to change my generic meds again, sigh, but this time it ended up being an updose. It feels like a big one too. After my second dose of three today my eyes were dilated and my cognition was shot. I had a pdoc appointment and he told me not to drive until things settled down. I almost had to call someone to come and get me. He suggested I reduce my dose by 1%. I usually reduce by about .17%.

Here's my situation: I take five .5mg clonazepam tablets and dissolve them in 122mL of cashew milk. I then take that and divide it into two 66mL containers out of which I remove the amount I'm no longer taking. Then I divide them all until I have six "equal" doses over a two day period. For this generic change I am only changing out one of the .5mg clonazepam of the five. So does a 1% cut seem doable. My pdoc is thinking that overall it's about a 5% updose so 1% for each time I taper over by one. It seems high for me but at the same time I was really wollaped by the updose. I don't even want to take my next dose but I will and then I'll go to bed.

I'm really surprised by how hard the updose hit me. I was hoping for an updose vs a reduction in dose since the last time was so rough but I didn't expect an updose to be awful too. At least I can do some serious tapering with this, I hope.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

T

Why discard any meds? draw out your dose and take it until you run out of meds and remix a new batch. your current batch is  a little over .02mg/ml. If you dissolve instead into 125ml of milk, your solution would be exactly .02mg/ml

I'm usually really good at math but my benzo brain is having a hard time following how you get .02mg/mL if I dissolve 2.5mg into 125mL of milk. I used to know how to do those conversions but I feel like my brain is mush. Also would I be taking 55.68mL a day to get my 1.1136mg dose. I also divide them into three doses so it would be 18.56mL per dose. The smallest my syringes measure is .1mL so I could get to the .5 but not the .56mL.

I do get what you're saying about not tossing the meds but I just haven't been able to figure out how that works for me. Cog fog really sucks... :-[

2.5mg /125ml = .02mg per ml

"... dlmt was too fast for me"

Well, I definitely believe folks should follow whatever procedure they're comnfortable with, but...

whether you cut 10% and hold for 10 days, or cut 1% per day for 10 days, at the end of 10 days, you have cut 10%.  At any given cut rate, a daily taper is no faster or slower than a C&H.

I agree with your comment Builder, for people who are tapering in that way a cut or a dlmt equals the same amount at the end of the day.

In my case though I was tapering at about .1% a week and it took me a year and a half to taper to 10% due to holds, etc. The same amount is now about .17%  a week but that's just because as we cut at the same rate the percentage of our dose increases. I'm still tapering .0019mg a week as I can and throwing in a "double" every once in a while as well as holding when I need to.

Do you realize that with liquid, you can make cuts as small as .01 (one/hundredth) or even .001 (one/thousandth) of a mg?

Do you realize that with liquid, you can make cuts as small as .01 (one/hundredth) or even .001 (one/thousandth) of a mg?

That’s what I’m doing.  Started at .001mg/day and increased reduction to .002mg/day.  Goal is to get to .003!  Slow and steady. 

That’s what I’m doing.  Started at .001mg/day and increased reduction to .002mg/day.  Goal is to get to .003!  Slow and steady.

Liquid is my way :D , some of these posts, I want to intrude and say liquid, liquid!!

Liquid is my way :D , some of these posts, I want to intrude and say liquid, liquid!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...because its simple, reliable, and it works!

I remember being intimidated by it at first, because my acute phase scrambled my brain up so much I couldn’t comprehend.  But once getting some help with it and doing it once, it’s a piece of cake!  I know I wouldn’t have been able to reduce as much as I have if it were dry.  I tried that way and it was awful.  Liquid all the way!! 

I remember being intimidated by it at first, because my acute phase scrambled my brain up so much I couldn’t comprehend.  But once getting some help with it and doing it once, it’s a piece of cake!  I know I wouldn’t have been able to reduce as much as I have if it were dry.  I tried that way and it was awful.  Liquid all the way!!

Oh, I was too. Just reading it made me feel worse, so I got my husband involved and asked a bunch of questions and finally got it.  I was scared but cut and hold was killing me.  I'm so glad I changed over.

Liquid is so much easier.  I am down to about 0.120 mg/day of ativan.  I cut about 0.0004 mg per day.  My liquid is 0.004 mg/mL, so 0.1 mL is 0.0004 mg.  Very easy and a much smoother taper.

Anne

Liquid is so much easier.  I am down to about 0.120 mg/day of ativan.  I cut about 0.0004 mg per day.  My liquid is 0.004 mg/mL, so 0.1 mL is 0.0004 mg.  Very easy and a much smoother taper.

Anne

:thumbsup::)

This is very interesting. I started a daily dry micro taper, reducing .001 gr per day. I am just into my 4th week and feel great!

This really shows how different we all our and how our bodys react.

Peace to all!!  :smitten:

Anne!!! So glad to see you. And very happy that your taper is going well. :hug:

Gard :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Gardner!!!

Great to see you as well.  I do not get on BB much anymore.  I hope you are doing well.  We need to catch up soon.

(HUGS)

Anne  :smitten: :smitten: