Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I didn't know we could insert pictures...

How did you do that?

Start a new post. Put your cursor where you want the picture. See the little icon that looks like a tiny Mona Lisa (far left)? Click on it and your cursor will appear between the html code for inserting a picture. Open a new window and find a photo online. Bing images is good or some people have their own pictures stored online. Right click the image. Choose "copy image address" then insert the image address into your post at your cursor. Click "preview" to make sure it actually showed up. If it looks good, click "post."

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fart-reproductions.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F04%2FMona-lisa.jpg&f=1

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,

When you were helping me with a chart & then my scale went wonky, you said to weigh all 10 pills @ once & tare with the little cup on scale before weighing right?

Oh & teva has been discontinued so I have what’s left of those then a weeks worth of solco, then I don’t knoe what generic I’ll use.

IF I’m  wanting to dry scale taper my first 2-3 .5mg doses as a 5-10% reduction of 3.5mg total daily dose, how would I do that?

Even with your last chart, I didn’t understand how to translate .5mg for example to the weight of the pill?? :idiot: thanks bob hope your well

Well all that business about weighing 10 pills at once to get an average weight really doesn't apply to you right now.  You only need a real accurate weight when trying to do a micro-taper.

You take 3.5mg per day.  You do not need to worry about scales at this point. 

Do this instead of using a scale:

-Get a pill splinter from Walmart.

-Split one of your 0.5 mg pills in half and then half again.

-That 1/4 of a pill is 0.125mg.

-So reduce by NOT taking the 1/4 of a pill. 

-That reduces you by 3.5% (much lower than your 5 to 10%). 

-Hold at this level for at least 2 weeks.  If you get bad symptoms - hold longer until they are tolerable.

-When ready, reduce by another 1/4 of a pill (that will be 3.7%)

When you get closer to 1 mg, we can talk micro-tapering.

There's no reason to think a slightly lower taper rate 7%/two weeks (actually hoping for .003mg a day of 0.01 mg/ml solution) with liquid will be any worse than my current cut hold 8.76%/two weeks (well... approaching 3 waiting for horomone break to finish), right? Clonazepam.

Husband is out buying the vodka for me now. He found 100 proof; said that was the highest. He really wants to dissolve one of the pills but I said no wasting until I'm ready! Especially with the Teva now discontinued.

Do folk recommend dropping a lot lower taper to start the liquid? this first two weeks will be mostly pills (0.456 night compounded as that was going to be the next drop and I already have 2 weeks of pills), .125 tablet in afternoon, rest of the 0.5 down to 0.456 night tapering as liquid so small part of overall dosage.

When you say liquid do you mean liquid from the pharmacy or liquid that you make yourself by dissolving your tablets?

I hear pharmaceutical liquid meds seem different but I would think your tablet dissolved would not be a problem.

Liquid I make myself which is why husband is buying the vodka... I'd never drink something that hard! :-)

So this is my calculation; I actually have 1 mg pills (have 7 0.5mg left for the 0.125 afternoon dose for now) so will dilulte 1 mg in 2 ml 100 proof vodka and then add distilled water (have for cats) to 100 ml for first 7 days.

and another for next 7 days... or do you think 14 days is safe?

Or do you think it's safe to cut the 1 mg in half and dilute that in 50 ml for 7 days and then

use the other half of the 1 mg for the next 7 days... should it still be good?

Day Night=pharmcapsule+ml PM total  (.456 is compounded pharmacy capsule+ml=night dose; I already bought 2 weeks worth)

#

1 0.497 0.456 4.1 0.125 0.622

2 0.494 0.456 3.8 0.125 0.619

3 0.491 0.456 3.5 0.125 0.616

4 0.488 0.456 3.2 0.125 0.613

5 0.485 0.456 2.9 0.125 0.61

6 0.482 0.456 2.6 0.125 0.607

7 0.479 0.456 2.3 0.125 0.604

8 0.476 0.456 2 0.125 0.601

9 0.473 0.456 1.7 0.125 0.598

10 0.47 0.456 1.4 0.125 0.595

11 0.467 0.456 1.1 0.125 0.592

12 0.464 0.456 0.8 0.125 0.589

13 0.461 0.456 0.5 0.125 0.586

14 0.458 0.456 0.2 0.125 0.583

and straight 0.003mg a day makes 6.72% for 2 weeks.

Plan to get down by .125 in 6 weeks instead of the 4 weeks the last 2 months.

So this is my calculation; I actually have 1 mg pills (have 7 0.5mg left for the 0.125 afternoon dose for now) so will dilulte 1 mg in 2 ml 100 proof vodka and then add distilled water (have for cats) to 100 ml for first 7 days.

and another for next 7 days... or do you think 14 days is safe?

Or do you think it's safe to cut the 1 mg in half and dilute that in 50 ml for 7 days and then

use the other half of the 1 mg for the next 7 days... should it still be good?

Day Dose1 tablet ml dose2 total  (tablet+ml=night dose)

#

1 0.497 0.456 4.1 0.125 0.622

2 0.494 0.456 3.8 0.125 0.619

3 0.491 0.456 3.5 0.125 0.616

4 0.488 0.456 3.2 0.125 0.613

5 0.485 0.456 2.9 0.125 0.61

6 0.482 0.456 2.6 0.125 0.607

7 0.479 0.456 2.3 0.125 0.604

8 0.476 0.456 2 0.125 0.601

9 0.473 0.456 1.7 0.125 0.598

10 0.47 0.456 1.4 0.125 0.595

11 0.467 0.456 1.1 0.125 0.592

12 0.464 0.456 0.8 0.125 0.589

13 0.461 0.456 0.5 0.125 0.586

14 0.458 0.456 0.2 0.125 0.583

and straight 0.003mg a day makes 6.72% for 2 weeks.

Plan to get down by .125 in 6 weeks instead of the 4 weeks the last 2 months.

I was trying to check you math for you (I assume that is what you wanted) but I cannot see what the 0.456 means.  You enter it under your tablet column.  I thought your pills were 1mg?

Thank you for checking. The two weeks listed I'll be using a .456 compounded pharmacy Teva capsule  and the liquid for night and the 0.125mg tablet from my small stash of 7 0.5 mg tablets left of Teva. Meant I couldn't just use Jim Hawk's program as I have two weeks of the 0.456 compounded pharmacy capsule already bought and might as well use it.

I should have said compounded pharmacy capsule instead of tablet there. I'll fix it. Sorry!

Thank you again for checking I got the ml correct.

I was going to use the 0.456 as part of my next C/H drop.

Jim Hawk is doing a survey of folk who switched from tablets to liquid to see how they did...

how prepared/symptoms switching/solvent/intensity of symptoms/what you did to address the problem/would you recommend liquid taper.

the link is at

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=200707.0

could always use more info from members! thank you!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Gardner99,

I'm not quite sure as to how to update my signature bar at the moment.

But to update you as to my status..

I was CT'd off 2.5mg Xanax in February (that was after tapering myself down from 5mg (yes...5mg...not .5mg...a day from September)  I was ignorant and didn't know I was tapering too quickly. 

Anyway, I was spiraling badly after the CT in February and decided to reinstate on May 13.  I started at 2mg Klonopin, but it seemed too much as my system was clean.  Went down to 1.5mg a day for about ten days and seemed to be feeling stable and ok.

I started a liquid taper, but it was too cumbersome, so I'm now dry tapering.  I'm literally shaving granules off the pills with an emery board and weighing the pills on a Gemini scale.  I have only taken about 3% off my mid-day dose (I dose 3x daily) and I do feel it already.

I'm wondering if I should just take 1% off each of my three daily doses, as opposed to doing a full .5 in the morning, .5 minus 3% mid-day, and .5 in the evening.

I know reinstatement after 3 months is risky, but so was staying where I was.  I was heading toward catatonic. 

I'm going to proceed slowly, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks you,

Angel (Michelle)

Thank you Bob7 for your feedback.  I have a magnesium supplement called Triple Mag, it only has 10% of Glyconate in it.  Perhaps I’ll get some pure mag glycinate.  And I haven’t been using chamomile so I’ll try that today too.  My doctor gave me remeron to use, but I don’t want to add any more meds, since I’ve worked so hard to come off of them.  This is the last one!  Good to know that even at slow rates the symptoms can flare.  Thank you for confirming this.  I’ll keep going and see if it lets up a little and if it continues I’ll hold a while.

I wonder if the other forms of Magnesium are counterproductive?  It’s 30% Malate and 60% Oxide?

Thank you, Scaredie, hope you’re feeling well today and calmer all around!

Hi Unicorn!

I have been using magnesium glycinate for quite a few years now. It is the best for me because I have a compromised digestive system. I get it from Swanson vitamins.

I also have a recipe for magnesium oil that I use topically that absorbs into the skin. I have been very successful with the topical.

It has helped bring my levels up which makes a difference in my migraines as well.

Let me know if you are interested in that recipe and I can share with you and anyone else in this group.

Chamomile is great too! Be careful with the teas and check the added ingredients that are with some of the chamomile teas. Some can interact with our sensitive nervous symptoms. For example the Sleepy Time brands. I recommend staying away from ones with added Valerian or passion flower. Some have added Tilia, which I do okay with. I also use plain chamomile. Let your body be your guide!

Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower,

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge about this.  I’m going to order the pure magnesium glycinate to try.  I’ve been staying away from even pure chamomile except for two occasions, thus far.  Going to try it again now to see if it helps with my morning symptoms, as they are feeling more and more unbearable. 

Also been having daily headaches for 4-5 days and have taken ibuprofen, but don’t want to continue doing that.

Does the magnesium oil calm you, as well as reduce migraines? 

Love,

Uni

Hi Peaceflower,

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge about this.  I’m going to order the pure magnesium glycinate to try.  I’ve been staying away from even pure chamomile except for two occasions, thus far.  Going to try it again now to see if it helps with my morning symptoms, as they are feeling more and more unbearable. 

Also been having daily headaches for 4-5 days and have taken ibuprofen, but don’t want to continue doing that.

Does the magnesium oil calm you, as well as reduce migraines? 

Love,

Uni

I do take magnesium glycinate twice daily, with breakfast and lunch. I have not tried taking it at night.

I do notice a bit of calm with the magnesium oil spray within a hour of putting it on.

I have malabsorption syndrome due to bowel disease so I don't really know how much I'm getting from oral.

I do have migraine disease and get botox injections every 12 weeks. I do still get "breakthrough migraines" periodically but they have cut down tremendously with using topical.

I would try your oral first to see how you do. I've studied quite a bit on migraine and magnesium was always recommended.

Oh I hadn’t thought of Botox for the migraines.  Though I’m quite agoraphobic right now, but I’ll try that in the future.  Good idea to try the oral first.  Thank you for your feedback, peaceflower.  I have a prescription for Immitrex and won’t touch it. 

Oh I hadn’t thought of Botox for the migraines.  Though I’m quite agoraphobic right now, but I’ll try that in the future.  Good idea to try the oral first.  Thank you for your feedback, peaceflower.  I have a prescription for Immitrex and won’t touch it.

I have migraines too Uni, but I can't take magnesium because I have a low heart rate.  If u do , start at low doses and just make sure you're ok with it. :smitten:  I can't do epsom salt bath either and I could sure use one.

I’m sorry you get them too, Mary.  And that magnesium isn’t an option for you.  I hope your doctor is helping you in some way to get relief.  I also use organic essential oils (with pain relieving properties) with jojoba as the carrier oil to alleviate the pain in my spine, neck and upper back.  It doesn’t take the pain away totally but turns down the volume a bit, temporarily. 

Hi Gardner99,

I'm not quite sure as to how to update my signature bar at the moment.

But to update you as to my status..

I was CT'd off 2.5mg Xanax in February (that was after tapering myself down from 5mg (yes...5mg...not .5mg...a day from September)  I was ignorant and didn't know I was tapering too quickly. 

Anyway, I was spiraling badly after the CT in February and decided to reinstate on May 13.  I started at 2mg Klonopin, but it seemed too much as my system was clean.  Went down to 1.5mg a day for about ten days and seemed to be feeling stable and ok.

I started a liquid taper, but it was too cumbersome, so I'm now dry tapering.  I'm literally shaving granules off the pills with an emery board and weighing the pills on a Gemini scale.  I have only taken about 3% off my mid-day dose (I dose 3x daily) and I do feel it already.

I'm wondering if I should just take 1% off each of my three daily doses, as opposed to doing a full .5 in the morning, .5 minus 3% mid-day, and .5 in the evening.

I know reinstatement after 3 months is risky, but so was staying where I was.  I was heading toward catatonic. 

I'm going to proceed slowly, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks you,

Angel (Michelle)

Hi Angel. To make a signature, hover over Profile up near the top and then choose Forum Profile. At the bottom right of that page there will be a place to add a signature block that will appear at the bottom of each post. If you look at other posts you will see what they look like. Signatures help a LOT.

As for the numbers and the dosing, I tend to mess up with numbers so don't dare give you advice.  I also have no experience dry tapering. Hopefully someone else will see your question, but since you addressed it to me, others may skip over it. Maybe you should make a signature and then post the question again as a general question to the thread.

Meanwhile, if you're feeling a wave, I would suggest not making any more cuts until it has passed. That will also give you time to work out your next step.

Gard :)

I’m sorry you get them too, Mary.  And that magnesium isn’t an option for you.  I hope your doctor is helping you in some way to get relief.  I also use organic essential oils (with pain relieving properties) with jojoba as the carrier oil to alleviate the pain in my spine, neck and upper back.  It doesn’t take the pain away totally but turns down the volume a bit, temporarily.

I’m having major upper back, neck, shoulder blade, shoulder pain been going on awhile. If you look up clonazapam side effects body aches are there.

What essential oils help you spine pain?

Thanks

I've never heard of that, what kind do u use?

It’s called Muscle Ease.  I get it on Amazon.  There is another one when they are out of that one called Deep Muscle, but I don’t think it’s organic.  I’ve also mixed my own with peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon and sage.  Have made different mixtures. 

It’s called Muscle Ease.  I get it on Amazon.  There is another one when they are out of that one called Deep Muscle, but I don’t think it’s organic.  I’ve also mixed my own with peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon and sage.  Have made different mixtures.

Just texting with my in law chiropractor talking about my pain & fatigue & how my chiropractor thought I might have fibromyalgia & he said he was thinking the same thing the way I was explaining my pain. I see that in your sig & new that about you, thought you’d find it interesting. It hurts to hug. My husband was rubbing lotion on my shoulders upper back yesterday & I was flinching away in pain I’m so tenderly sore. I mean my upper back, shoulder blades, shoulders, spine, lower back are all very painful.

Is that how it is for you?

Thanks Uni, I hope you feel better soon  :therethere: :therethere: :smitten: