Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Ear Drops

Hey Everyone,

I know that Cipro is a terrible thing to mix with w.d., as are all fluoroquinolone antibiotics.  But does anyone have any info. or experience about it in a topical ear drop?  I have an outer ear infection that requires drops and this is what I was prescribed.  I am thinking that there is a big difference between swallowing pills and just putting a few drops in your ears, but maybe not.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I remember reading a post by buddie Oregonkatz in which she said that Cipro drops were given to her by a doctor following cataract surgery.  She asked the doctor about the drops, and he explained that they would stay in the eye.  I'm not doctor, but I tend to think that the ear drops would stay in the ear.

• Like 1

@[Ro...],

Thanks for the reply; I appreciate it.  That's kinda what I was thinking.  I know just about anything can be absorbed through the skin, but I would think it would be such a minuscule amount.

• 2 months later...
[Do...]
Posted (edited)
On 07/02/2024 at 03:51, [[B...] said:

Hey Everyone,

I know that Cipro is a terrible thing to mix with w.d., as are all fluoroquinolone antibiotics.  But does anyone have any info. or experience about it in a topical ear drop?  I have an outer ear infection that requires drops and this is what I was prescribed.  I am thinking that there is a big difference between swallowing pills and just putting a few drops in your ears, but maybe not.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have an outerear infection that hurts too much and i have been given topical drops with fluoroquinolone.

I red such horror from this antibiotic that i didnt use it but the pain from the infection is huge.

Did you get to use it and is it safe to?

Thanks

Edited by [Do...]

[Ca...]

Are you allergic to penicillan? If not I would ask whether amoxicillan drops would be sufficient. I would not let CIPRO or Levaquin near me in any form but I also have no basis to fear an ear drop -- I'm squeamish because a close friend was floxxed on one dose of levaquin and then medicated with clonapin when she literally went crazy from the floxxing. SHe's a success story. Shes completely recovered after a one or two year liquid taper. I wonder why they felt such a broad based antibiotic was necessary.

• Like 1

[Ca...]

I just read above that a Buddy did successfully use CIPRO drops after cataract surgery so maybe I am being overly cautious....

[Bu...]

Hi @[Do...],

I ended up using them and had no problems.  I will note that I had been off Clonazepam for about 6 months at that point.  

I'm sorry about your ear, I know it hurts like heck. 

[Do...]
2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi @[Do...],

I ended up using them and had no problems.  I will note that I had been off Clonazepam for about 6 months at that point.  

I'm sorry about your ear, I know it hurts like heck. 

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

[Do...]
Posted (edited)

I used the drops once, 3-4 drops in one ear, couple of hours later i red some warnings from other buds and i washed my ear with a syringe and lots if warm water and didt use the drops again.

The resut was, the pain and inflamation was gone in 2 days but i got the worst wave so far that only lasted 3 days but had horrible reaction with panic atacks (that i never had before in my 3 months taper and hipnagogic hallucinations, and terrifing intrusive thoughts that never had in WD so far and while i was in the best window stage.

Edited by [Do...]