Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Bad news. Just talked to Teva. They've gotten rid of the Teva version of Clonazepam completely. Only will be providing the Actavis version from now on... but it will be available in pharmacies next week. I've only used Teva so that's bad news for me. :-(

--

Told 1 mg Actavis will be available in pharmacies next week... the 0.5 mg not until mid June.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news. Just talked to Teva. They've gotten rid of the Teva version of Clonazepam completely. Only will be providing the Actavis version from now on... but it will be available in pharmacies next week. I've only used Teva so that's bad news for me. :-(

For real!?! Same here I’ve only used teva, daily for 8 years..just got partial fill of solco cause teva told me it would be back on shelves next week...

Did Actavist buy out them or did they buy out actavist or what’s up with that?

Sorry for us all. Thanks for the update...  :-[

They bought out Actavis several years ago. The good news is that the fillers are similar.

I've read different reports on the Actavis... it really depends on your own body and how you react to a certain generic.

Teva

Each tablet also contains corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and povidone. Clonazepam tablets USP 0.5 mg contain Yellow D&C No. 10 Aluminum Lake. Clonazepam tablets USP 1 mg contain Yellow D&C No. 10 Aluminum Lake, as well as FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake.

Actavis

In addition, each tablet also contains the following inactive ingredients: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and microcrystalline cellulose.

The 0.5 mg tablet also contains D&C Red #30 aluminum lake. The 1 mg tablet also contains D&C Yellow #10HT aluminum lake.

Thanks Nola,

So are you having your capsules compounded by pharmacist?

How’s the lexapro treating you?

hey all,

Ellie here. I'm going to start liquid microtaper as soon as my hormone break finishes - holding right now during it at day 18 of my last cut/hold of 8.76%, down to .625mg Clonazepam daily. I thought I was fairly stable but have read others have increased withdrawals during break even when not tapering (although think headaches are probably more hormonal)... I take hormone break every 13 weeks so this is only the second time during taper and first was when I had not been stable at a dose and cut too much (for me) my first taper. That was a fun time NOT.... luckily nothing has been that bad since holding through that.

Found out my generic Teva which I've been on since January of this year when I started this drug is now discontinued so will have to figure out what to switch to when my batch runs out. I did just get another 30 days of 1mg today from a mom and pop pharmacy that my pdoc kindly called in for me.

I was going to try starting at tapering .003mg a day - 7% drop every 14 days for the next 6 weeks. I've dropped from .875 to .625 the last two months doing 7.43% (14 days), 7.41% (14 days), 8.67% (16 days special events days 15 and 16), and now 8.76%. Slowing down to .125mg drop over 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks. Cut and hold has been getting hard enough that I'd like to try liquid and hope for more gentle drop/less symptoms. I've been using combo of 1mg/0.5mg tablets to get the dose I needed combined with compounded Teva capsule.  Currently 0.5mg middle of night (1:15-3 am) and 0.125mg at 2pm.

I'm hoping to have even less withdrawal symptoms with the microtaper. Currently I alternate mostly good and bad days. Bad days could have headache (usually fixed with 1 tylenol), fuzzy/hurting head which keeps me from working (testing software luckily can telework), and upset/hurting stomach. 4 days of increased anxiety each drop. That might not sound bad to some but lying on the couch hurting sometimes for hours isn't a picnic for me. But I have been able to keep up with work for which I'm grateful. They're very understanding and helps I can work off hours/weekends to get the time in.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and that I'll be following this group. Thanks to builder for answering my early questions on the liquid taper forum. Planning on buying vodka (at least 80% proof) and dissolving half Clonazepam 1mg tablet and adding distilled water to the container measured with a graduated cylinder to 50 ml for 0.01mg/ml solution. I was planning this and bought supplies assuming I'd be able to use a Teva 0.5 mg tablet. But perhaps better to use the whole 1 mg and buy larger storage container until I have to switch generics. Couldn't find the 0.5mg anywhere after calling around.

Hi nolonger. Welcome! Look back a few posts and you'll see some helpful info about the Teva being discontinued.

Gard :)

I haven’t read profiles so apologies if I’m overstepping but Have you all considered crossing over to Valium instead? I remember when Teva,I think, replaced Sandol? And I had a hard time adjusting but the cross over to Valium was not hard at all. I was only shocked to learm my 1mg of Klonopin was equivalent to 20 mg Valium. Wow. That was an eye opener. Anyway, just a suggestion since they say Valium easier to taper anyway.

hi Gard,

I think I may have posted the 'helpful posts' about Teva being discontinued.... although not so helpful as it will depend on how my body adjusts to switching generics.

Hi everyone,

I’m 2 1/2 weeks into my DLMT and it was going well, felt better for a couple weeks when I began.  The past few days have been different and especially today.  Woke with intrusive thoughts, ever present fear, surges, constant chemical anxiety feeling and akathisia.  I’m only reducing by .001 or .002 per day, following the Jim Hawk chart I have, to reduce .125mgs in 3 months.  Do any of you notice a flare in withdrawal symptoms during daily micro tapering?  If so, do they have a cycle and level out, then flare again?

Any info/experiences very appreciated.  I’m trying to remain grounded and not freak out thinking everything is just going to get worse.  I’m so sensitive since I was c/t’d.  I updosed, held a month and stabilized as much as possible before beginning to taper. 

Thank you, much love

Uni

Hi everyone,

I’m 2 1/2 weeks into my DLMT and it was going well, felt better for a couple weeks when I began.  The past few days have been different and especially today.  Woke with intrusive thoughts, ever present fear, surges, constant chemical anxiety feeling and akathisia.  I’m only reducing by .001 or .002 per day, following the Jim Hawk chart I have, to reduce .125mgs in 3 months.  Do any of you notice a flare in withdrawal symptoms during daily micro tapering?  If so, do they have a cycle and level out, then flare again?

Any info/experiences very appreciated.  I’m trying to remain grounded and not freak out thinking everything is just going to get worse.  I’m so sensitive since I was c/t’d.  I updosed, held a month and stabilized as much as possible before beginning to taper. 

Thank you, much love

Uni

That hasn't happened to me, I have been doing it 70 something days.  I do have a day now and then when I don't feel good but unless Imhave a migraine, back ache , and feel bad all on same day (which) doesn't happen often, then I feel horrible.  But dlmt helped me a lot.  Try awhile longer.  Maybe just do the .001.  Good luck  :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Thank you, much love

Uni

Yes, I can say withdrawal at your rate does flare up.

I am going a little slower - 0.001 mg per day - and I have only gone down about 0.04 total (40 days).  Whereas you have done 0.125mg in 90 days.

So we are close at our rates.

I would say my withdrawal symptoms vary day to day and are worse on days with stress (due to work or home life).  I get lower back pain, funny feeling in the chest and upper throat , burping all the time, and the worse thing - anxiety induced insomnia. 

I get past it in several ways.  I think magnesium glycinate and chamomile extract and aspirin/advil helps sleep.  Beware, other forms of magnesium have the reverse effect.

I also use Buspar on and off when things get real bad.

You might be suffering from an accumulation of your taper.  It seems like even with slow reductions, the effect adds up.  If it gets too bad and you don't want to use Buspar, then holding at a dose for 4 to 8 weeks usually makes things much more tolerable.

Hi everyone,

Thank you, much love

Uni

Sorry to hear your feeling bad. Hope you get more answers & feel better ASAP  :smitten:

Thank you Bob7 for your feedback.  I have a magnesium supplement called Triple Mag, it only has 10% of Glyconate in it.  Perhaps I’ll get some pure mag glycinate.  And I haven’t been using chamomile so I’ll try that today too.  My doctor gave me remeron to use, but I don’t want to add any more meds, since I’ve worked so hard to come off of them.  This is the last one!  Good to know that even at slow rates the symptoms can flare.  Thank you for confirming this.  I’ll keep going and see if it lets up a little and if it continues I’ll hold a while.

I wonder if the other forms of Magnesium are counterproductive?  It’s 30% Malate and 60% Oxide?

Thank you, Scaredie, hope you’re feeling well today and calmer all around! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you, much love

Uni

That hasn't happened to me, I have been doing it 70 something days.  I do have a day now and then when I don't feel good but unless Imhave a migraine, back ache , and feel bad all on same day (which) doesn't happen often, then I feel horrible.  But dlmt helped me a lot.  Try awhile longer.  Maybe just do the .001.  Good luck  :smitten:

Hi Mary, I know we’re all different, but since you’ve been symptom relatively symptom free do you mind sharing how you make your liquid? And a few questions please?

How you you do your dlmt? Like do you have more than one dose to taper from, percent reduction?

How you keep track?

I’ve only had compounded liquid made for me, not sure I can use it & only know how to use Jim’s charts.

Do you think the v helps hold you stable?

How many times per day do you take the v?

Thanks, best wishes, Scaredie

Hi everyone,

Thank you, much love

Uni

Thank you for your feedback, Mary.  I’m going to keep going and see what happens.  It could just be the usual window/wave pattern I was aleady experiencing from c/t.  That never fully let up and I have since had bad fear/anxiety days alternating with fatigue or depression days.  I started to get some 3 day windows since starting my taper, so maybe it’s leftover stuff.  I know my body and brain are doing their job and healing.  Just scares me when it jumps up outta nowhere.  I have a journal I keep track of everything in so I’ll keep going and see if it’s the old pattern or if it’s the rate of taper, or combo.  I wish I could have started this taper without having been c/t’d.  My heart goes out to everyone who has to experience that brutality.  As well as ALL suffering from ya experience. 

I’m glad you’re finding it a,other at 70 days in!  Gives me hope  :)

Thank you Bob7 for your feedback.  I have a magnesium supplement called Triple Mag, it only has 10% of Glyconate in it.  Perhaps I’ll get some pure mag glycinate.  And I haven’t been using chamomile so I’ll try that today too.  My doctor gave me remeron to use, but I don’t want to add any more meds, since I’ve worked so hard to come off of them.  This is the last one!  Good to know that even at slow rates the symptoms can flare.  Thank you for confirming this.  I’ll keep going and see if it lets up a little and if it continues I’ll hold a while.

I wonder if the other forms of Magnesium are counterproductive?  It’s 30% Malate and 60% Oxide?

Well I used the Malate one night and I had a hard time sleeping so I never gave it a second chance.  I never tried the oxide.

Well I used the Malate one night and I had a hard time sleeping so I never gave it a second chance.  I never tried the oxide.

Thanks for your feedback about everything! 

Don’t mean to budge in just wanting to help. I copy & pasted what’s someone wrote as a reply as what one is best for neurotransmitters because I’ve read it before so thought I’d share:

Possibly L-Threonate, glycinate, taurate, or malate. L-threonate is pretty new, and not well studied to my knowledge, but anecdotal reports and manufacturer claims relate to cognitive and memory improvements. It is also probably the most expensive form. Glycinate and taurate, are linked to MDD studies in a university of Adelaide report "Magnesium in the central nervous system." Malate is said to be good for CFS and fibromyalgia, and there is anecdotal reports to that effect. Glycinate is probably the most tolerable throughout the day or at higher doses, and has the best absorption and bioavailability

I myself have taken (magnesium elemental)200mg from 2000 mg of magnesium glycinate lysinate chelate, which I think is the same as magnesium byglycinate too

It helped me relax & sleep

I would google a bit about magnesium going off the above if your up to it, because there are interactions, & other things that I didn’t understand how to do without a nutritionist but you may figure it out is balancing it with calcium & potasium be well

Hey, everybody, happy page 1000!

Gard :)

Beat me..!!

-No.. -not with a stick...!!

:)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/19/article-1348601-0CD3C9E8000005DC-850_468x302.jpg

Bob,

When you were helping me with a chart & then my scale went wonky, you said to weigh all 10 pills @ once & tare with the little cup on scale before weighing right?

Oh & teva has been discontinued so I have what’s left of those then a weeks worth of solco, then I don’t knoe what generic I’ll use.

IF I’m  wanting to dry scale taper my first 2-3 .5mg doses as a 5-10% reduction of 3.5mg total daily dose, how would I do that?

Even with your last chart, I didn’t understand how to translate .5mg for example to the weight of the pill?? :idiot: thanks bob hope your well