Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Can I ask if any of you ever get pressure behind nose and face or eyes fron head pressure ...I'm experiencing weird tightness behind my nose at times with teeth pressure it's as my teeth and nose tightens together at the same time ....it's scaring me...I'm worried I'll not beable to breath....thank god the nose thing only last seconds or minutes snd I don't get the nose pressure thing often....I was just wondering if anyone ever gets this type of feeling with there head pressure....my pressure is teeth,jaw,face....but too....my jaw can feel like it's tightening with teeth pressure

Or do any feel like when head pressure peaks does it involve other muscles I guess that's what I'm trying to ask?........sorry if I'm not explaining myself clear enough...

TM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask if any of you ever get pressure behind nose and face or eyes fron head pressure ...I'm experiencing weird tightness behind my nose at times with teeth pressure it's as my teeth and nose tightens together at the same time ....it's scaring me...I'm worried I'll not beable to breath....thank god the nose thing only last seconds or minutes snd I don't get the nose pressure thing often....I was just wondering if anyone ever gets this type of feeling with there head pressure....my pressure is teeth,jaw,face....but too....my jaw can feel like it's tightening with teeth pressure

Or do any feel like when head pressure peaks does it involve other muscles I guess that's what I'm trying to ask?........sorry if I'm not explaining myself clear enough...

TM

TM,

when i feel i am in a head pressure wave i do get a lot of pressure all over my face, teeth, jaws, cheeks, eyes and even my nose. sometimes the pressure is so severe it crushes my rib cage and heart area where it's really hard to take a breath. it's like something expands and a soda can bursts inside my head when it's in a wave. and yes the pressure can involve many other muscles -- there are times when it moves around and where my left foot will involuntarily move and then my right wrist will have pressure and move around and then it moves around to my left side of rib cage and then down my left leg and it's just travels around like that making everything in my body be a puppet.

the withdrawal is in command until it's not anymore and i still feel like a freakin' puppet sometimes.

TM

Yes TM I feel the teeth pressure, sometimes its like my whole upper jaw is pushing/squeezing downward.  I get TMJ area pain and ear pressure  when this happens as well.

Sweet pea

TM

Yes TM I feel the teeth pressure, sometimes its like my whole upper jaw is pushing/squeezing downward.  I get TMJ area pain and ear pressure  when this happens as well.

Sweet pea

Yes.  Severe tension/pulling in facial muscles I never knew existed, you name it, I experience it, from top of head down to my traps, and upper chest.

Seems quite a number of us have really been slammed with this stubborn symptom.  We all get our one or two lingering "Kings", and this one is a doozy alright, wish we'd been given the option to choose from the menu.  ::) 

TM

Sweet pea

Yes.  Severe tension/pulling in facial muscles I never knew existed, you name it, I experience it, from top of head down to my traps, and upper chest.

Seems quite a number of us have really been slammed with this stubborn symptom.  We all get our one or two lingering "Kings", and this one is a doozy alright, wish we'd been given the option to choose from the menu. ::) 

Couldn't resist ~ what's on the menu?  No thanks, I've had enough battery acid and nails for today.

Sweet pea

TM

Sweet pea

Seems quite a number of us have really been slammed with this stubborn symptom.  We all get our one or two lingering "Kings", and this one is a doozy alright, wish we'd been given the option to choose from the menu.  ::)

and what a KING is is? i'd rather have "At Last A King" if you know what i mean? actually that is the last song title on my first record.

i woke up with severe pulling/machine vibration explosions the minute i woke up. thank God it's subsided but seriously WTF?

Thanks everyone.....gosh I pray we all start seeing some improvement soon....I'm only like three years out which is short life compared to some of you.....but there are days where I just want to scream in nerve pain.....does this ever get better....gosh I pray it will

Hugs

TM

i'm 4 years off and my head pressure has got worse. Each year it got worse. No idea whats happening. Feels like a huge grip on my head not releasing.

I have it too Minnie. Well I don't know if it's head pressure. My face is really sore as if someone has scratched it. And it's worse when I'm hungry!

Love Buddy

That's not head pressure. This thread is for those suffering serious head symptoms they can't function.

I have it too Minnie. Well I don't know if it's head pressure. My face is really sore as if someone has scratched it. And it's worse when I'm hungry!

Love Buddy

That's not head pressure. This thread is for those suffering serious head symptoms they can't function.

i sure know how it feels to have this head pressure for so long. we become a little irritated sometimes with the very fortunate people who don't have this symptom although i know that suffering is suffering and especially when it comes to benzo withdrawal syndrome. but boy the head shit is just the worse. i could do without it and be quite gratuitous. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi SamSmitty:

I just found this group and wanted to comment.  Since my prescription is the same as yours, klonopin, and my use was 18 years before I realized what was making me

so ill, I guess we have a lot in common. 

My head symptoms have changed in the past 7 years.  I had an horrible episode of what was diagnosed in 2012 as spinal meningitis.  I now know this is not what was wrong with me.  I believe I just had a complete meltdown from clonazepam use for 10 years.  I experienced severe photophobia, phonophobia, dry eyes, severe imbalance issues, a horrible rash on my arms and legs that lasted for years, dry mouth and burning eyes. My head symptoms began to change as I started to taper off K.  I first stepped down 1 mg out of 2 and had a nstemi myocardial infarction (mild heart attack).  That was 2 years ago now.  I decided to taper off but had no support or

information so just chunked off 1/4 mg of a pill every so often.  My head pressure, and I would describe it as full time acute intracranial pressure has gotten worse

since I started my taper.,  Although, my dry mouth, burning eyes, photophobia and phonophobia have greatly improved.  Not sure if this is a great trade off.  During the past 3 years I have seen  a neurologist who gave me botox.  What a joke.  She diagnosed me with full time migraine and of course there was no cause.  I've never

had a headache of any kind in my life prior to that fateful day 7 years ago.

I am currently holding  at .15 % of  1 mg K and my head is as bad as ever.  I have gained weight that I had lost through the past 7 years and have been diagnosed with

hypothroidism.  Oh I also had surgery for stage 4 cancer of the tonsil so the scar on my neck is extremely sensitive and tight.  I can hardly swallow.

But, with all this giberish, at least I feel for sure that this horrible drug and my long term medically prescribed use of C. is the cause of all of my symptoms.  I am praying

that when I get this drug out  of my system, my head pressure will abate. 

I'm sharing this mostly so that other BB friends can truly identify with benzo use and withdrawal symptoms and not feel like they are crazy or are continually looking

for other reasons for their symptoms.

This message is kind of a rambling mess, but I am sure with positive steps to get this drug out of my system, I will one day feel great!!

2 mg clonazepam for 18 years

2012 spinal meningitis (incorrectly diagnosed)

2016 4 stage cancer surgery

2018 mild heart attack.  Woke up.  Knew c was the culprit of so many bad symptoms

October 2018 started a taper.  Too quick at 1/4th 1 mg till I got to 1 mg.

Found bb and started a dry taper but couldn't manage.

Nov 2018 started liquid taper....wish I had done it sooner and from the beginning

Now at .15 of C.  Severe intracranial pressure in full head is debilitating.  Pleased other sxs and almost gone.

There is hope!!

Dear Nomoredrugs  (love the name)

I can only speak to my feelings of course.  My head feels like somehow my skin on head's entire surface is being stretched extremely tightly.  In fact, maybe due

to inflammation, my skin is being stretched.  I mentioned a neurologist that tried to eliminate my head pressure with botox.  She literally told me that she could not

get the needle through my scalp and when she did the blood shot out all over her.  She said she had never seen anything like it.  Aren't we in rare form...lol

My throat is very tight also especially where I have a long scar down the side of my neck from ear to clavicle.  It makes swallowing really hard.  My eyes were

exceptionally full feeling until recently as I have tapered down my C.  In fact after the spinal meningitis I felt like my intraocular pressure was high and upon testing, it

was.  I took a steroid of some kind and my pressure went from 30ish back to 20 and 19.  I thought this may be my problem later but my pressure tested ok.  So who

knows.

I don't really relate to jaw clenching but I might do that without realizing because my teeth are sensitive.

I hope you find relief from all of your symptoms soon.  God bless and take care.

Klonkar

I can only speak to my feelings of course.  My head feels like somehow my skin on head's entire surface is being stretched extremely tightly.  In fact, maybe due

to inflammation, my skin is being stretched.  I mentioned a neurologist that tried to eliminate my head pressure with botox.  She literally told me that she could not

get the needle through my scalp and when she did the blood shot out all over her.  She said she had never seen anything like it.  Aren't we in rare form...lol

My throat is very tight also especially where I have a long scar down the side of my neck from ear to clavicle.  It makes swallowing really hard.  My eyes were

exceptionally full feeling until recently as I have tapered down my C.  In fact after the spinal meningitis I felt like my intraocular pressure was high and upon testing, it

was.  I took a steroid of some kind and my pressure went from 30ish back to 20 and 19.  I thought this may be my problem later but my pressure tested ok.  So who

knows.

I don't really relate to jaw clenching but I might do that without realizing because my teeth are sensitive.

I hope you find relief from all of your symptoms soon.  God bless and take care.

Klonkar

hey Klonkar

i noticed since i shaved my head about 2 weeks ago that i now have two long blue veins that form a "v" on my left side just hidden in the hairline that was never there before...i've shaved my head probably a half to a dozen times in the past 15 years and no veins visible. they don't throb or protrude but are very blue/oxygenated. my last dr visit i had elevated (for me) bp of 110/90 instead of my usual 120/80 and the dr s3eemed really concerned as i've always had low bp. i said well that's WD's for ya!

maybe the increased blood pressure and venous pressure/vascularity is a symptom...i have daily mild headaches with mild jaw clenching. this is from my SSRI which developed anxiety after many years and i then started the benzo, which now i have tolerance to and so the anxiety from the SSRI is resurfacing.

am rearranging my SSRI and gabapentin dosing schedule since they both have half lives of 6-7 hours. and then i'll work on rearranging the benzo.

thx for the kind words!

Hey Nomore:

The change in Your blood pressure is indeed very strange and concerning.  Your systolic is what shows the pressure in your system (in your veins and arteries) and that has gone down. So I wonder why veins would protrude more now.  My veins in my hands protrude when my bp goes up to 120/70 (when my systolic goes up).

Your resting bp, your diastolic and the second number has gone up.  So something is definitely amiss.  Your first number is really just 10 points below perfect.

My bp has been 90/80 since starting taper.  With a sudden step from 2 to 1 mg C., I had a heart attack.  Doctors in er gave me diltathiazam which almost killed me.

Doctors lied to me and said I was allergic but this drug was meant for high blood pressure patients. I was having a heart attack.  I was in afib and had myocardiopathy (swelling of the sack around the heart. Got to watch those guys.  Anyway, more to the point this happened like I think I said above when I went from 2 mg of K to 1 one night.  So be really careful.  I had been on this, stupidly, for 16 years and did not relate this drug to my heart attack at that time.  I have been healthy all of my life but symptoms were starting to compound.  I ruled out food sensitivites and all of my tests were negative.  Only thing left was was 2 meds.

I feel like you are really smart to stabilize or get other drugs out of your system and then taper of the benzo.  It is really hard to try to figure out what is causing

symptoms when there are numerous drugs involved.  And your brain can only heal so fast.

Are you getting off gabapentin?  That is a really destructive drug too and hope you are tapering if so.  Damn doctors.  I wish I had not gone off 10 mg of paxil before starting my taper. Mine rx is a pretty low dose I guess but it would have helped with what I now know is anxiety...I never had it before this benzo use.  Oxymoron huh!!

Take care Nomore  :laugh:

Hey Nomore:

The change in Your blood pressure is indeed very strange and concerning.  Your systolic is what shows the pressure in your system (in your veins and arteries) and that has gone down. So I wonder why veins would protrude more now.  My veins in my hands protrude when my bp goes up to 120/70 (when my systolic goes up).

Your resting bp, your diastolic and the second number has gone up.  So something is definitely amiss.  Your first number is really just 10 points below perfect.

I feel like you are really smart to stabilize or get other drugs out of your system and then taper of the benzo.  It is really hard to try to figure out what is causing

symptoms when there are numerous drugs involved.  And your brain can only heal so fast.

Are you getting off gabapentin?  That is a really destructive drug too and hope you are tapering if so.  Damn doctors.  I wish I had not gone off 10 mg of paxil before starting my taper. Mine rx is a pretty low dose I guess but it would have helped with what I now know is anxiety...I never had it before this benzo use.  Oxymoron huh!!

Take care Nomore  :laugh:

hey Klonkar  8)

yes i decided to come off the SSRI first, it's caused me the most damage, and then to come off the benzo, and the gabapentin last since it has some backup gaba protective effects. i'd love to come off the gabapentin right now since i found out it prevents synapses from forming anew, but i'm doing a triage harm reduction sort of taper. sort of, well, what's the least sucky of my options, lol.

thanks for the encouragement!

knows.

Klonkar

Woaa - so they couldn't even inject the botox?

Hey Sam:

Yah really.  The neurologist screamed as blood squirted out and so did I..My headaches had just started to get worse and so was looking for some kind of brain damage

or a test for intracranial pressure.  At that time, I had no clue that benzos might be the culprit.  And, of course the neurologist had no idea either.  She just gave up on

me.

I just found the best tool on BB to research symptoms and issues.  The individual support groups section has given me so much food for thought just in the past two

days.  I wish I gone to this site before.  I found a support group for people w/head pressure.  I found a group for support for people in withdrawal tolerance.  This

was really helpful because I have been on clonazepam for 18 years and know now I have been in tolerance so I have never had too much of a window.  I probably

won't until I get this drug out of my system, so I'll be staying the course at .015 taper every day till I'm done.  I'm off topic now, sorry.

So, do you suffer head pressure or other head symptoms?  I'd love to know.  I will check out your posts to learn more.

Hope you are able to laugh with me today.

:)

Klonkar

Hey Sam:

Yah really.  The neurologist screamed as blood squirted out and so did I..My headaches had just started to get worse and so was looking for some kind of brain damage

or a test for intracranial pressure.  At that time, I had no clue that benzos might be the culprit.  And, of course the neurologist had no idea either.  She just gave up on

me.

I just found the best tool on BB to research symptoms and issues.  The individual support groups section has given me so much food for thought just in the past two

days.  I wish I gone to this site before.  I found a support group for people w/head pressure.  I found a group for support for people in withdrawal tolerance.  This

was really helpful because I have been on clonazepam for 18 years and know now I have been in tolerance so I have never had too much of a window.  I probably

won't until I get this drug out of my system, so I'll be staying the course at .015 taper every day till I'm done.  I'm off topic now, sorry.

So, do you suffer head pressure or other head symptoms?  I'd love to know.  I will check out your posts to learn more.

Hope you are able to laugh with me today.

:)

Klonkar

Haha, I do my best to laugh when I can. I never hit tolerance withdrawal, but just decided to pull the plug on an uninformed CT.

I'm confused to how they weren't able to inject the botox; are you saying the muscle tension was too much?

• 3 months later...

Kiwi:  I'm not a commentator but I'm old.  Do I qualify to answer??

I'm really sorry you are suffering with the head pressure headache along with myself and so many more.  I'm about 45 post jumping

off the Klonopin that I was taking for way too many years.  I have had acute symptoms, with headache the worst, beginning in my taper at about 10% of 1 mg left to taper.  The headache left me frozen on the couch for many days.  I am having a pretty good day today, and have felt many changes with my headache throughout the past few months.  Today it is mainly muscle tightness with my scalp and neck muscles.  Stretching and compression exercises do relieve some pressure.

At 45 days out, I can definitely say there is an overall decrease in my head symptoms.  I know its still early for me in post withdrawal

and changes and some part windows indicate definite healing.

Hang in there Buddie.  Wishing you symptom free days in the near future :)

Wow I just found this section of the board. I'm sorry all of you are suffering, but I'm glad to see my debilitating headaches and head pressure aren't terribly uncommon. I never had a single headache of any significance until I started having inter-dose klonopin w/d last summer.

I'm 5 weeks post jump and this is my main symptom. I have others, but headaches and head pressure are by far the most debilitating.

OK I'm going to peruse the entirety of this group. I've got some reading ahead. Hope you all find relief soon.

H Krock:

You are not alone my friend for sure.  I see headaches mentioned, and specifically this crazy pressure headache with muscles that

feel stretched so tightly on the scalp and neck. 

I'm just ahead of you at 8 weeks post jump and feel I'm still in the acute period where things have been tough but yesterday,

I was out and about with a half of my normal head symptoms.  Wondering if you are light sensitive, noise, taste and any other

sensory issues??  I believe these are common with the headache thing  in taper and recovery. 

Many of my other issues have faded away like a very bad rash on my arms and legs. I am just beginning to read again, and that is

huge as focusing on any given subject for more than a few minutes has been impossible.  I've gained lost weight and am tapering

off the thyroid I was forced to start because of benzo induced hypothyroidism.  Windows, at least part windows, are coming more often.

It's been a slow lonely journey but am treasuring bits and pieces of happiness these days.  Hang in there. Hoping your symptom will

be short lived as so many Buddies have experienced.

Have a wonderful day.