• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the muscle relaxer rebound symptoms choose the scalp and face muscles in particular?

great question. i don't know?

It would have been nice if it picked something less annoying right?  :)

Maybe a tight toe muscle or something....LOL

• 1 month later...

Why does the muscle relaxer rebound symptoms choose the scalp and face muscles in particular?

great question. i don't know?

Hi Pretty Daisy's! I was thinking about you and wanted to chime in and say hello. I'm hanging in there, still have up and down days. The head stuff which triggers disequilibrium, head pressure, fullness in my ears is still acting up. Praying for normalcy soon for us all. God bless you and everyone on here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
My head pressure has been gone for 5 months!  Thanks goodness!  It lasted for 15 months and it was one of my worst symptoms.  I have just some minor nose upper face pressure but not near as bad as the head pressure.  Yes, head pressure does go away at some point it seem.

Arcade, that's such terrific news, thank you so much for sharing!

Can I ask what "type" of head pressure you had, there are so many flavors/varieties.  >:(  Was yours muscular?  The head in the vise thing?  Or what?

That is awesome Arcade! Yes, what type? Mine is full on head and torso in an extreme vice, but explosive at the same time. Almost like equalizing pressure. It is near intolerable. 

It felt like a vice constantly attached to my head.  It was variable in that certain times of the day it felt lose and other times the vice was tightening.  Most of the time it was loose in the morning but would tighten as the day went on.  I would say in January it became less intense and then in  a very subtle way it slowly disappeared to the point I didn't notice and think about it anymore.

Last year I would go for walks outside during the head pressure and I would have to look down.  Today I can stand in a good composure and walk normal.  I didn't do anything special.  It just went away on it's own.

At the same time I had the tight pulling forehead .  That is also gone.  I would guess it was muscle tightness.

Hopefully it doesn't come back when I finish my Microtaper.

Thanks so much for the detail, Arcade.  Very reassuring and, yes, I so hope it doesn't make a comeback as you get further along, just keep listening to your body, okay.  If you feel you have to slow it down or even hold for a bit, don't tempt fate.  :thumbsup:

I've suffered with two types of head pressure.  The upper body vise and muscle pulling unfortunately is a 24/7 constant with me.  But I also had the "soda can" pressure which, thankfully, disappeared a while ago.  Like you, I had to walk looking only straight ahead, grocery shopping and such was a nightmare, I'd buy a couple of necessities and couldn't even concentrate on how to bag a few items, and even dressing myself was all too confusing.  Ugh, that was horrible, so glad that's gone. 

Now I'm going to cling to you and pray that Hopeful and I are close in your footsteps. 

Wishing you as smooth a ride down as possible, and thank you so much again for taking the time to update us with this positive news.

:smitten:

You're welcome abcd.  At 15 months I was fed up with it but it finally went away very silent and subtle.  I think it will for you, Hopeful and others.  It just takes awhile.

But I also had the "soda can" pressure which, thankfully, disappeared a while ago.

i still get the "soda can" pressure from time to time but i guess for the most part it's either a little better or hopefully gone. i love all the descriptions you come up with abcd. :)

Glad it's mostly gone for you too, Pretty, now if the headlock would just dissipate for all of us, that would be pure Heaven. 

Yea, those descriptions ;D - "headlock", that one I picked up from you, as well as "Kings".  These symptoms often defy the English language, don't they, one truly has to actually experience them to have any clue whatsoever. 

My upper torso, I've seen people describe it as feeling like "concrete" or "rubber".  I still find it hard to put the intensity of the sensations into words.  If I were to draw a picture, I'd blur out that whole area in black smudge.  It feels so weak and malfunctioning.  Yet, underneath the smudge is so much activity; twisted, painful steel cables from the top of my head down to my traps, pulling me to the ground, moving and oscillating to my pounding heartbeat.  I'm breathless.  Carrying a backpack of rocks that I can never put down.  This stuff is not for wussies, how we've been doing it day after day after day.  When it ends, or even just waxes and wanes a little, I don't know that I'll be able to contain my excitement.  Pure Heaven, pure, pure, pure Heaven.

Love you, my friend.

:smitten:

I too have the head pressure, head vice, headlock type.  I'm so glad to hear that it goes away.  It is very annoying!  When I told my doctor that it felt like my head was in a vice he just looked at me like I was nuts!  Sorry you have had it as well, but it sure is comforting to know others have this strange symptom and that it does go away!

• 1 month later...
I am a new " head case" to this group. My head pressure and facial spasms are 24/7. I have had no breaks from it accept that twice, it definitely lessened in intensity. It was only for a bit. Then, there it was to stay. It makes me so dizzy. It used to make me nauseous all the time. Thank goodness that stopped finally. I started getting it in tolerance before Detox. Now it's just worse and constant. I thought it was just me. I am so glad to find this group! Thanks to whomever started it.

Mbusybee,

I see that you also were on clonazepam.  The dizziness and head pressure has been so brutal.  I am finally seeing some improvement after over a year of torture.  Recovery is extremely slow, but I am finally starting to improve.  Hopefully yours will improve soon.  Hang in there!

Mbusybee and Stephanie,

glad you have joined this group although not happy to hear that you are both suffering with the head symptoms. the head/brain symptoms have been my worst "KING" symptoms and i have probably suffered the longest with it being constant as i am 50 months out. i know that is scary concept for you to hear but i promise that i am most likely one of the more severe and rare cases.

i still have the head symptoms 24/7 but i can say that there are little moments when they are finally starting to wax and wane. i hope one day they will be gone for good. it is one of the more annoying symptoms and if they would just lift i would feel pretty close to normal. i am healing albeit it's a very slow snails pace. but i can say that we do heal from this. and we all will recover. even me. :D ( i am a very bad "kindling" case with way too many withdrawal attempts, as i know that is why my symptoms have been more severe and longer healing time)

Thank you so much for the welcome! OMG..

This has to be one of the worst symptoms. I really admire those that haven't experienced this. But I know we're going to heal. I am just glad to be on the path to healing. It was hard finding the path. I am so glad that we are here for each other.

Hi there

Think this thread is as close as I get to my sx- I used to have brain pressure- good news- I rarely have it. Bad news- I have something similar that is even more difficult to describe - brain crash. Like my brain totally shuts down. Especially after any mental activity. Its like I have limited brain power. Anyone experience this?

Thanks

Carem

Hi there

Think this thread is as close as I get to my sx- I used to have brain pressure- good news- I rarely have it. Bad news- I have something similar that is even more difficult to describe - brain crash. Like my brain totally shuts down. Especially after any mental activity. Its like I have limited brain power. Anyone experience this?

Thanks

Carem

Carem,

yes i have experienced the "brain crash" and it's very uncomfortable and even kinda scary when it does that. i don't know what else to say about this symptom other than it's just another symptom of withdrawal that will pass but it was very scary for me when i had experienced this sensation.

Thanks so much for your reply. Do you still get it? For me its something that happens every day. Some days are better ans sometimes its mild. Its actually my only sx now but it is very diificult.

Thanks so much for your reply. Do you still get it? For me its something that happens every day. Some days are better ans sometimes its mild. Its actually my only sx now but it is very diificult.

i only got the brain crash feeling about 3 times and it doesn't happen anymore. this symptom will pass for you.

I think we are all talking about different things. For me- its when my brain shuts down. Really impossible for me to describe it. If you havent felt it you are lucky. I also get during this time a very uncomfortable feeling in my head which I really cant stand. This happens to me when I am making a lot of mental effort. Like my brain can hold on for so long and then shuts down.The only term I could think of is brain crash- because this is what it feels like. But others my actually be reffering to something else. Its only in this forum that I can have this strange conversation. How do we call the strangs head sensations that we have?  Prettydaisys- what was brain crash like for you?