Important Survey - Please Participate ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Thanks Terry...it's good to know . I am having problems in this wave with nausea and motion sickness as well ...this is a brutal wave.  Can't turn my head without a wave of nausea so I am wondering if it might be a recurrence of an ear condition.  Either way I will be so glad when it's over

You are sounding good these days.  You seem to have logged some good healing.  Happy to see that.. coop

Coop. I am having almost the same symptoms as you. The nausea had been horrible too. I haven't eaten very much the past week. This is a nasty wave, but I feel it lifting somewhat. The nausea is going away and the fear is lifting. I am still dealing with vertigo and weird head stuff, but I am getting windows throughout the day. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My cane (temporary). It's red/bronze like and foldable (CVS $24.99). I named her Ruby. Once I'm 100% I'm going to give it to my grandmother. Also if your balance is really off and you drive like me you can  go online, get a handicap placard application from the DMV. You fill out most of it, your doctor fills out a section. State that you have a vestibular disorder (which you do). Check the box that talks about difficult to walk more than 200 feet, once your doctor signs off and adds their 2 cents you send in the application with a $5 money order. Mine was approved for 6 months. I have a placard I hang up on my rear view mirror. Very helpful.

LM,

thank you for the update and i hope things continue to improve for you. and thank you for letting us all know about how to get a handicap placard...

love, Pretty

You're welcome! No need for us to suffer! It has helped out plenty!

Also wanted to chime in to say hello! Next Thursday, April 30th makes 1 year off. I will let you all know that for the past couple of weeks things have been gradually getting feeling better. I'm moving better (my friend noticed when we were in Target that I was moving faster. This past weekend we went out and enjoyed the weather. Took my son to the waterfront and barely used the cane for our long walk. I mainly used it when we stopped and had to stand still.

Yesterday I felt pretty good too. I ran an errand for lunch, it was gorgeous out, walked down the block (no cane). Just took my time. (I don't want to jinx myself).

Today I feel semi slammed (anxious, balance is pretty off, feeling like I'm still in motion, some head pressure, my right ear hurts a little, etc). I looked at the calendar and sure enough my hormones are kicking up (PMSing).

I'm going to keep reminding myself as Drew has told me...focus on the good...try to not focus on what bad thing is happening.

I'm praying that I'm slowly turning the corner...praying that for me and I pray for all of you.

I'll check in again this week...just wanted each of you to know that month 11 has been a lot kinder to me than months 9 and 10 off.  :smitten:

Yes...my jump buddy LM...focus on the good :laugh::smitten:

Hi Drew!!! Thank you! I keep that quote from you plastered to the front of my brain! I also do deep visualization and I love what I see! My future is bright! I pray its super nice out again this weekend and that I'm up to going to the water front again. We went over the weekend and had a great time!

Got some head pressure today, and some yesterday but it has not been daily in a long while. I pray its fading.

If Minnie reads this...hi!!!

Praying for all of you on this thread!  :angel:

My never decreasing head pressure has subsided a lot in the last 2 weeks (after 3 days of gingko, but let´s not rush conclusions, it may be coincidence). Also DR and eye pressure diminished. We all see this happening, till nothing remains.  :D

Hello all!

My head sxs keep coming and going ....I feel ok when I wake up...then it slowly starts....no rhyme or reason.....my eyes hurt a lot, I've had balance problems for over 2 years now as well....I'm a lot better than I was....I just wish the sxs would stay gone..why must theycontinue to come back?

My fear is I'll never get better! I can't help that feeling....after my first dizzy spell in December of 2011...I've never been the same again....I'm just venting tonight, cause I'm just soooooo sick of this now really, im done with this! I still here tonight with a heating pad on my head...trying to relax these tense muscles....

Hope everyone has a good night.....

Love and healing....little m

An update :-) you can read my full story on benzo free celebrations:

Today, April 30th makes 1 year off!

I did it!

Still have some head pressure....not as much as before. Stay tuned!  :smitten:

Just popping in to sprinkle myself with some of that wonderful Minnie dust!  ;)

I'm so sorry I've been awol for a while and only able to log on in short bursts ... much on my plate, very long To Do list!  :tickedoff:  But I really wanted to say a big hello to my pals, Pretty, HB, LM  :hug: and everyone else here!  I've been thinking of all of you so much and really hoping to hear some good news from everyone!  Huge congrats to you on your anniversary, LM, you're really rocking it, Girl!  :thumbsup:

Well, I do come with some good news and to keep everyone's hopes alive and trust that this, indeed, is the lucky thread started by the beautiful Miss Minnie!  :-* 

In short, I've been suffering with two versions of head pressure.  The first one has been one of my king sxs, and that is the awful muscle tension/vice grip, much like HB struggles with.  :therethere:  The tentative good news on that end is, well, that it's really not getting any worse and, dare I say it, it really is a lot better than it was a few months ago.  But it's still there and still extremely uncomfortable, so I'm far, far, far from over that hump yet.  HB, I started working out at a gym last week in a desperate attempt to try something/anything new to help myself loosen up these steel cable muscles of mine.  I have to tell you, I'm really pushing myself, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and I'm so scared to jinx myself, or maybe it's the placebo effect, who knows ... but I'm feeling "something" positive.  It's early days yet and I'm still in extreme discomfort/pain (I actually just realized I'm moaning while typing this  :idiot::P) but it's ever, ever so slightly better.  Just a thought for you, my friend, are you able to grit your teeth and try something different?  What do you think, HB?  FYI, I'm going to Curves which is nothing strenuous and incorporates full body circuit training.

But the good news I really wanted to share is the second version, which is more of an internal extreme pressure.  Folks, that has progressively been easing up ENORMOUSLY!!!  At one time I could barely stand in the shower and if I dropped the soap it was an absolute calamity.  Well now if I drop the soap, I don't even notice it to tell you the truth.  :yippee:  And I'm noticing I'm almost back to walking fast and freely, like I always used to, instead of walking slowly and always feeling so dazed and having to look only straight ahead.  Now it's not 100% gone yet by any means, but the difference from the early days, including when I was in tolerance withdrawal, is like night and day!

Wishing speedy, speedy healing to all.  Keep posting on this thread, guys, people HEAL on this thread!  ;)  :-*  Believe!  I'll try to pop in as much as I can, everything still takes me so, so long to do due to my muscle pain and rocky boat crapola, but I'm thinking of you all and sending big hugs!  I'll keep you posted.

:smitten:

Some good news here!  I posted this elsewhere but thought some of you can relate

I thought I'd seen it all after a two year taper and being benzo free for one year but today I got a new one.  It felt like I had a stabbing or sharp pain deep in my brain and then my eye hurt.  I was in a client meeting and he could tell something was wrong.  It only lasted a few seconds but once the panic kicked in my catastrophic mind took over.  Ended up at ER worried about aneurism, stroke, etc....  I really knew I was fine and all tests confirmed. Had cat scan for first time and nothing but a normal brain.  :crazy::)

Just curious how many others get these things....not on the skull area but deep brain thing. Scared the shit out of me.

Some good news here!  I posted this elsewhere but thought some of you can relate

I thought I'd seen it all after a two year taper and being benzo free for one year but today I got a new one.  It felt like I had a stabbing or sharp pain deep in my brain and then my eye hurt.  I was in a client meeting and he could tell something was wrong.  It only lasted a few seconds but once the panic kicked in my catastrophic mind took over.  Ended up at ER worried about aneurism, stroke, etc....  I really knew I was fine and all tests confirmed. Had cat scan for first time and nothing but a normal brain.  :crazy::)

Just curious how many others get these things....not on the skull area but deep brain thing. Scared the shit out of me.

drew,

yes i have had the stabbing / sharp pain twice and it's very scary.

abcd,

not doing too well and was so upset about the train coming by so many times a day. not sure if i will be able to make it here unless something changes with the hyperacsusis symptom. i am praying. glad to hear that your head pressure is a little better. sad to say that my head symptoms and the pressure is still really severe. :(

• 2 weeks later...

abcd, thank you for visiting us and checking on us.

Glad to hear you have started to be more active and the pressure has lessened for you. I'm still in a huge mess, the pressure on my forehead has become extremely tight, and the pulling is severe and non stop, I'm in severe hell right now  :'(. My vision is blurry and eyes are slow because of this pressure, still feeling far from being functional on a daily routine. I have to constantly lie in bed and give my head and neck some rest every hour, otherwise the pulling become unbearable.

Yes, I've tried light exercises in short bursts and it always throws me back hard making me feel worse for the next few days, with bad fatigue, body pain along with the head pressure.

I'm still dragging my feet, it's become hard to even read and write much because my eyes are slow and the tight band is so very painful all around the head.

Hope you continue to feel better and enjoy the gym workouts without any trouble. I feel far from being able to handle even a day at the gym. Life sucks at the moment, sorry about the whining.

• 2 months later...
Thought I would bump this thread up as I know a few members are really struggling with this sx. Mine seems to come and go, but when it gets bad I can't do much..

Good idea.  I was looking for this on Sunday. It totally incapacitates me. It has let up greatly in the last two days.  Whew!

My head pressure has only increased over time making it a 15 on a scale of 1-10. I did not know I could sustain such a pressure level and continue living. It is so severe at times pushing on the back of my neck I walk hunched over and must lay down much of the time. I also have pressure in my upper torso making it feel like it will explode!!!I feels impossible that this will ever right itself but I must believe.

My head pressure has only increased over time making it a 15 on a scale of 1-10. I did not know I could sustain such a pressure level and continue living. It is so severe at times pushing on the back of my neck I walk hunched over and must lay down much of the time. I also have pressure in my upper torso making it feel like it will explode!!!I feels impossible that this will ever right itself but I must believe.

hopeful,

i feel the same exact way with my head symptoms. i am mostly laying down all the time. i walk all hunched over and cannot see how it could ever subside or go away. but i have to believe that this is all still required for the healing.

Minnie gives us all hope because she had it really bad, and she's completely healed now. Do any of you get it in your sinuses too? It seems my head pressure spreads to my sinuses and I can't breathe through my nose.. Horrible sx. I wonder what's going on it there to cause all that pressure?

Yes..my sinuses get very stuffed and full of pressure.  It's my whole head too. I get spots of pain on my scalp and back of head. Oh the joy!

Thank you Jenny21 for guiding me to this thread. And, thank you to Minnie for creating it. The head symptoms have really held me back. And, this seems to be linked to sinus pain for me. I wish I knew what causes this specifically (I know it's a benzo issue), I wonder if a certian food elevates this or anything in particular. I just want to be able to control this. I need to get back on my feet and this is making it difficult for me to even think clearly and focus on the most basic tasks.

I'm so glad you've healed, Minnie. And, I appreciate you coming back to let us know.

hopeful,

i feel the same exact way with my head symptoms. i am mostly laying down all the time. i walk all hunched over and cannot see how it could ever subside or go away. but i have to believe that this is all still required for the healing.

Pretty Daisys! I was just thinking of you  :smitten: how have you been? I got knocked in the head with pressure off and on these past few days but it's no longer a daily issue and hasn't been for some time (knock on wood). Praying for everyone. This is such a journey!

God bless.

hopeful,

Pretty Daisys! I was just thinking of you  :smitten: how have you been? I got knocked in the head with pressure off and on these past few days but it's no longer a daily issue and hasn't been for some time (knock on wood). Praying for everyone. This is such a journey!

God bless.

Hi LM!

my healing seems to be going very slowly. i am 35 months out and i am still with very severe head symptoms. i have head pressure and this major pulling all the way over and out to the left as if there is a magnet pulling my head. it's exhausting and i have to be with it most of the time. rarely subsides. it is also coupled with a tremor type of vibration and head squeezing. i just can't relate enough just how exhausting this symptom is. it's my worst symptom by far. so i understand when people can't do anything because of the head symptoms and i am still non functional because of it. i still have other severe neuropathy symptoms. i've heard a lot of protracted people talk about months 36-40 as seeing their most improvements so i am hoping that will be the case for me. i got very crushed by this and i feel like a crushed spider. ::):(

i am really glad to hear that the head pressure is not a daily issue for you. how are you otherwise? how is your son?

it's nice to see you on here again. :smitten:

Pretty

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all...just curious as my head symptoms shifted away from the terrible sinus pressure.  Does anyone else get the pressure/pain feelings on and in head which get worse in stressful situations?  I find if I have to talk on the phone or meet a client it feels like my head is an accordion with someone pushing their fingers on my head. Best I can describe it.  Weird. It also becomes hard for me to think but that may be anxiety associated w this. Thanks

hopeful,

God bless.

Hi LM!

my healing seems to be going very slowly. i am 35 months out and i am still with very severe head symptoms. i have head pressure and this major pulling all the way over and out to the left as if there is a magnet pulling my head. it's exhausting and i have to be with it most of the time. rarely subsides. it is also coupled with a tremor type of vibration and head squeezing. i just can't relate enough just how exhausting this symptom is. it's my worst symptom by far. so i understand when people can't do anything because of the head symptoms and i am still non functional because of it. i still have other severe neuropathy symptoms. i've heard a lot of protracted people talk about months 36-40 as seeing their most improvements so i am hoping that will be the case for me. i got very crushed by this and i feel like a crushed spider. ::):(

i am really glad to hear that the head pressure is not a daily issue for you. how are you otherwise? how is your son?

Pretty

Hi sweetie, sorry I have not chimed on. My son will be 4 on Wednesday! I can't believe it! Time flies. I'm up and down. No perfect days, these symptoms wax and wane. Praying for the day we are all symptom-free!

God I really wanted to hear that you're doing a lot better. I'm going to keep praying for you my dear.

PM and lets chat. I really want you to feel better soon. Gaba receptors take so long to heal and the cerrebellum is packed with them and that part of your brain controls sooooooooooooooo much.

Let's keep praying for healing. Love you my dear.

http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/king-bio/the-healing-revolution-is-here-85974672.jpg

hopeful,

God bless.

Hi LM!

Pretty

Hi sweetie, sorry I have not chimed on. My son will be 4 on Wednesday! I can't believe it! Time flies. I'm up and down. No perfect days, these symptoms wax and wane. Praying for the day we are all symptom-free!

God I really wanted to hear that you're doing a lot better. I'm going to keep praying for you my dear.

PM and lets chat. I really want you to feel better soon. Gaba receptors take so long to heal and the cerrebellum is packed with them and that part of your brain controls sooooooooooooooo much.

http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/king-bio/the-healing-revolution-is-here-85974672.jpg

wow, 4 years old. what a great age LM!

the 2 weeks have been a little better for me. still with horrible pulling, squeezing, vibration head symptoms that seem permanent but i've been able to do a little more lately like play the piano and dust and organize all that needs to be done so hopefully something is changing. thank you for the prayers! i hope to give better news soon. what are you going to do for you son's birthday? i wish i was 4 again. i remember that being one of my favorite ages and i remember my favorite birthday party at that age.

hopeful,

God bless.

Hi LM!

Pretty

wow, 4 years old. what a great age LM!

the 2 weeks have been a little better for me. still with horrible pulling, squeezing, vibration head symptoms that seem permanent but i've been able to do a little more lately like play the piano and dust and organize all that needs to be done so hopefully something is changing. thank you for the prayers! i hope to give better news soon. what are you going to do for you son's birthday? i wish i was 4 again. i remember that being one of my favorite ages and i remember my favorite birthday party at that age.

Hey sweetie! Life was so easy being 4!!! A few of us are going to dinner. 3 mom's and there 4 year old sons :-) and a few otherfriends. It will be great. I'm praying the head stuff subsides a bit tomorrow. My period came early and I was under stress over the weekend...but thanks for asking.

Praying for you honey, I really am! Glad you're playing the piano again!