Important Survey - Please Participate ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

16 months off today! The head pressure today is relentless. It waxes and wanes. There are days I don't have it at all.

But when its severe its so debilitating.

Praying for all of you. I posted my update on the benzo free celebration thread.

Love you all. Praying this symptoms goes away for good soon!

width=500 height=675https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BJKCgae-NBw/TXWLS-UPmhI/AAAAAAAAAEU/6ow-4aukDtI/s1600/Mardi+gra+sweet+16+cake.jpg[/img]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

16 months off today! The head pressure today is relentless. It waxes and wanes. There are days I don't have it at all.

Praying for all of you. I posted my update on the benzo free celebration thread.

width=500 height=675https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BJKCgae-NBw/TXWLS-UPmhI/AAAAAAAAAEU/6ow-4aukDtI/s1600/Mardi+gra+sweet+16+cake.jpg[/img]

congratulations LM!

sorry the head pressure is with you. the head symptoms are still happening for me if you can believe that one. i am starting my 37 month. pretty insane huh? hope it eases up for both of us soon. i hope you are well otherwise! :)

love, Pretty

congratulations LM!

sorry the head pressure is with you. the head symptoms are still happening for me if you can believe that one. i am starting my 37 month. pretty insane huh? hope it eases up for both of us soon. i hope you are well otherwise! :)

love, Pretty

Hey Pretty Daisy's! I tell people the head stuff/poor balance/shortness of breath are my worst symptoms. I cried a lot this morning, some tears this afternoon. I just keep praying that the symptoms go away really soon. I think of you and I pray for you often my dear. Please keep in touch with me and I will try man. Take care.

congratulations LM!

love, Pretty

Hey Pretty Daisy's! I tell people the head stuff/poor balance/shortness of breath are my worst symptoms. I cried a lot this morning, some tears this afternoon. I just keep praying that the symptoms go away really soon. I think of you and I pray for you often my dear. Please keep in touch with me and I will try man. Take care.

i will keep in touch!

yes the head symptoms are the worst symptoms. i tell people all the time that if they got away with not too much of the head symptoms and for not too long that they got off pretty easy. it makes one feel extremely fragile or at least that is how it makes me feel. i've been in the worst wave all day. it's been over two weeks with this wave and it's pretty brutal. i really want to try to get back into the studio in October and i hope that i will be able to.

i wanted to cry today but if you can believe it, i still cannot cry since this whole ordeal. i look forward to the day that i can sob for hours despondently over all that has happen as a good release.

congratulations LM!

love, Pretty

My head has always been weird throughout my withdrawal. But yesterday was the worst!!! I don't know if it's dizziness or pressure. I'm also depressed with it. I stayed in bed all day. I'm almost 8 months out and this is a totally new symptom for me. I'm really scared.

Pug..the head pressure came to visit me post jump and it scared the hell out of me too.  It has reduced down and it is very rarely a bother for me now.  If I get it, it is for a day or two.  It is a terrible symptom.  I am left with many headaches which ruin my day just as like pressure.  Can i get off the merry go round? :crazy:

Pug..the head pressure came to visit me post jump and it scared the hell out of me too.  It has reduced down and it is very rarely a bother for me now.  If I get it, it is for a day or two.  It is a terrible symptom.  I am left with many headaches which ruin my day just as like pressure.  Can i get off the merry go round? :crazy:

Thankfully, the dizziness subsided today. I know I will be plagued with new symptoms. But, these new symptoms will always scare me!! I guess I should just keep telling myself that they are temporary and that it's normal for new symptoms to pop up.

• 2 weeks later...

i am here to make an update on the head symptoms. i am still with head symptoms at the 37th month mark, can you believe it? i also still have just a tiny bit of the undulating (rocky boat) and it's more noticeable when i am laying down. i am pretty shocked that i still have these symptoms this far out.

but i am having improvements. the head pressure is pretty much gone. what's left is this vibration, pulling and brain squeezing. if that would just let up i would feel almost normal. the neuropathy is still pretty bad but i am able to walk a little more easy, normally and freely which is such an amazing things for me. i still have loads of healing to do but i am able to get up now and do errands and i am caring for my sick father and going to his doctor appointments with him which is actually helping me a lot although i can't handle seeing him so sick and in a lot of fear about it.

so that is my update.

i hope everyone else is fairing well and healing! :)

Pretty

i am here to make an update on the head symptoms. i am still with head symptoms at the 37th month mark, can you believe it? i also still have just a tiny bit of the undulating (rocky boat) and it's more noticeable when i am laying down. i am pretty shocked that i still have these symptoms this far out.

but i am having improvements. the head pressure is pretty much gone. what's left is this vibration, pulling and brain squeezing. if that would just let up i would feel almost normal. the neuropathy is still pretty bad but i am able to walk a little more easy, normally and freely which is such an amazing things for me. i still have loads of healing to do but i am able to get up now and do errands and i am caring for my sick father and going to his doctor appointments with him which is actually helping me a lot although i can't handle seeing him so sick and in a lot of fear about it.

so that is my update.

Pretty

Pretty,

Grats on your head pressure being gone.  That is a long time to endure that pressure so that is huge!

I had debilitating head pressure when I unknowingly c/t xanax.  It went away for awhile when I crossed over to Valium.  It came back when I tapered to 3mg and I had it for 4 months.  I was walking the neighborhood looking like a drunken sailor looking down.  The intensity finally decreased but once in awhile it comes back but not as intense.  I am so scared about this coming back when I jump in a few months.  Head pressure is one of my biggest fears.

so that is my update.

Pretty

Pretty,

Grats on your head pressure being gone.  That is a long time to endure that pressure so that is huge!

I had debilitating head pressure when I unknowingly c/t xanax.  It went away for awhile when I crossed over to Valium.  It came back when I tapered to 3mg and I had it for 4 months.  I was walking the neighborhood looking like a drunken sailor looking down.  The intensity finally decreased but once in awhile it comes back but not as intense.  I am so scared about this coming back when I jump in a few months.  Head pressure is one of my biggest fears.

arcade,

as it should be a fear - as the head pressure along with all the other head symptoms are quite scary, uncomfortable and for me makes me feel very fragile - extremely fragile.

so yes, i would say that the over all head pressure is pretty much gone but i am still left with overwhelming and still debilitating  head symptoms of the pulling, vibration and brain squeezing that makes me bed ridden more of the time although i am able to get up and do errands and other things now when before i couldn't at all. and it's been 37 months straight that i've dealt with the head symptoms -- i honestly don't know how i've been doing it? i've had to dig very deep into my spiritual reserves!

i walk around like a drunkard most of the time still. knocking over everything, bumping into everything, i have bruises all over my body. it's so annoying.

i would say to you that it's a good thing that the head pressure went away 'cause that means it will again. i know it's hard not to worry about things like that coming back but you got to take it a day at a time, sometimes a minute at a time. maybe if you taper slow enough the head pressure won't come back of it it does it won't be so severe.

so that is my update.

Pretty

Pretty,

arcade,

as it should be a fear - as the head pressure along with all the other head symptoms are quite scary, uncomfortable and for me makes me feel very fragile - extremely fragile.

so yes, i would say that the over all head pressure is pretty much gone but i am still left with overwhelming and still debilitating  head symptoms of the pulling, vibration and brain squeezing that makes me bed ridden more of the time although i am able to get up and do errands and other things now when before i couldn't at all. and it's been 37 months straight that i've dealt with the head symptoms -- i honestly don't know how i've been doing it? i've had to dig very deep into my spiritual reserves!

i walk around like a drunkard most of the time still. knocking over everything, bumping into everything, i have bruises all over my body. it's so annoying.

i would say to you that it's a good thing that the head pressure went away 'cause that means it will again. i know it's hard not to worry about things like that coming back but you got to take it a day at a time, sometimes a minute at a time. maybe if you taper slow enough the head pressure won't come back of it it does it won't be so severe.

Thanks for the encouragement pretty. You are a strong lady for enduring the head pressure for so long.  I could barely handle it for 4 months.  My forehead was pulling so hard and causing nausea and blurry eyes.  I was so excited when one day I woke up with an almost normal head.

I am tapering really slow at the end here hoping it does not return.  I am dealing with nerve pain all over my body mostly in the evening and morning.  I call it pins and needles with muscle spasms.  The pins and needles happen more often when I am out in the heat walking also.

so that is my update.

Pretty

Pretty,

arcade,

Thanks for the encouragement pretty. You are a strong lady for enduring the head pressure for so long.  I could barely handle it for 4 months.  My forehead was pulling so hard and causing nausea and blurry eyes.  I was so excited when one day I woke up with an almost normal head.

I am tapering really slow at the end here hoping it does not return.  I am dealing with nerve pain all over my body mostly in the evening and morning.  I call it pins and needles with muscle spasms.  The pins and needles happen more often when I am out in the heat walking also.

in the last 37 months i have maybe woken up to a somewhat normal sensation in my head one time and only for about an hour. i can't wait for that day and i say every single night "maybe tomorrow will be the day i wake up feeling normal"

i guess we all have different things that happen to us "head symptom" wise. for me, it's a pulling, vibration and squeezing in the lower left corner. i felt something blow out in that left corner on the 4th day in the detox after the c/t and it's been in that corner ever since. i always wonder what happened there?

i think Hurtbrain also has some forehead pulling and spasms in that area.

i also have very blurred vision when the head symptoms are really bad like they were all day today. can hardly see anything. and i do get a lot of nausea too when the head symptoms are bad. i had bad nerve pain especially upon awakening that has lessoned a lot. i can handle the nerve pain much better than the head symptoms. i have a hard time with the squeezing, crushing neuropathy and both legs, knee's and feet have it bad. my whole body is one big muscle spasm.

anyway, very good that you're tapering, i wish i was able to but had to do the next best thing. but anyone or any doctor that ever does a cold turkey on someone from benzo's should be punished with a crime as far as i am concerned.

so that is my update.

Pretty

Pretty,

How was just thinking about you pretty daisies and came on to see how you were doing. I'm so happy to head pressure left you. I'm still dealing with it and predominantly on the right side of my head around my ear. It's so debilitating at times. I'm glad that you're able to take care of your father and get out and about more that's a huge improvement for you. Constantly praying for you and continuously praying that those symptoms will just leave you once and for all. My God you deserve to be totally symptom-free buy now. Take care and keep in touch with me.

so that is my update.

Pretty

Pretty,

How was just thinking about you pretty daisies and came on to see how you were doing. I'm so happy to head pressure left you. I'm still dealing with it and predominantly on the right side of my head around my ear. It's so debilitating at times. I'm glad that you're able to take care of your father and get out and about more that's a huge improvement for you. Constantly praying for you and continuously praying that those symptoms will just leave you once and for all. My God you deserve to be totally symptom-free buy now. Take care and keep in touch with me.

Hi LM!

thank you for your prayers. now i am in hell with the constant head pulling and what feels like a machine pulling my head to the left. can never relax. it's beyond annoying and beyond demonic. doesn't ever seem to lift. i need to get back into the studio, that's all i care about.

how are you doing? how is your son?

love, Pretty

I am noticing a pattern with my symptoms.  When I have head pressure/cement head I have no nerve pain.  When I get nerve pain I have no head pressure.

I am noticing a pattern with my symptoms.  When I have head pressure/cement head I have no nerve pain.  When I get nerve pain I have no head pressure.

interesting! i have more of nerve pain, squeezing crushing neuropathy when i have the head movement pulling, vibration symptoms and when i just have head pressure cement things seem to be better for me too. i can handle things better. interestingly enough about puzzles are supposed to help the brain make new brain cells. juggling too.

Prettydaisys,

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered this long. I feel for you. I really do. The head pressure was awful for me to deal with and I had it for over a year. But, what you have endured is terrible.

I hope that your symptoms subside very soon.

Hang in there. You're incredibly strong.

Prettydaisys,

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered this long. I feel for you. I really do. The head pressure was awful for me to deal with and I had it for over a year. But, what you have endured is terrible.

I hope that your symptoms subside very soon.

Hang in there. You're incredibly strong.

thank you gettingbetter!

it's clear that in a lot of ways i am better but these on-going head symptoms have me really scared this is a permanent thing. the over all head pressure is gone but i am left with the head pulling and a vibration and squeezing. almost like an on-going movement disorder and i wonder if it will ever go away. i will be going into my 38th month in October. i was really hoping that October would bring a really big turning of a corner but i may have to stick it out a little longer. i just hope i see some improvement soon. it's a really long time to be dealing with symptoms that make you feel so uncomfortable and un-relaxed.

I'm having these bad head pressure symptoms and burning. Didn't start until month 10 for me. Gotten worse in the last couple of months. Especially bad since last Friday when I've entered one of the worst waves I've had since acute. I'm a few days from 17 months.

When did this subside for most people? It's probably in my top three worst symptoms.

I'm having these bad head pressure symptoms and burning. Didn't start until month 10 for me. Gotten worse in the last couple of months. Especially bad since last Friday when I've entered one of the worst waves I've had since acute. I'm a few days from 17 months.

When did this subside for most people? It's probably in my top three worst symptoms.

siggy,

i am probably a wrong person to answer this for you since i am still with head symptoms. but i will say that the over all head pressure subsided for me around 29 months. but there are a lot of other's that had the head pressure subside sooner. some people on the protracted boards had it subside around month 22.

siggy,

i am probably a wrong person to answer this for you since i am still with head symptoms. but i will say that the over all head pressure subsided for me around 29 months. but there are a lot of other's that had the head pressure subside sooner. some people on the protracted boards had it subside around month 22.

Thanks pretty, sorry you've been suffering for so long.

siggy,

Thanks pretty, sorry you've been suffering for so long.

me too :(

but i was just telling someone else on here who is suffering pretty badly that i think it's a good thing when we start to take proactive stance in rewiring our brains and i just finished a pretty good book about it:

lindagraham-mft.net/ "Bouncing Back"

i don't know but since i've been engaging in rewiring my brain i've been doing a little better this week. maybe it's just a coincindence?

i also highly recommend two other books that i think would be very helpful for people in benzo withdrawal since i really think that this kind of work and distraction helps with the derealization symptom a lot.

The Presence Process by Michael Brown

and

The Artists Way by Julia Cameron.

both books will also help to "light" up the brain in different ways which help to rewire it more toward being in what's called a "window of tolerance" where we are more calm and feel more safe -- and also spur on the right/creative side of our brains. i don't know, could help. The Presence Process really did help me and i did the journey 3 times while in acute withdrawal. i do consider it to have gotten me through acute.