Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome flame!

You guys I just posted the following in another thread and wanted to repost it here, since this directly impacted my head symptoms...

I received the sample packets I ordered in the mail for my vegan protein powder, and I tried it last night before bed. Well, something interesting happened when after I drank that shake. I went to bed and while trying to fall asleep I got hit with a worsening of my symptoms, what I felt occurring in my brain was literally a feeling of building and repairing of my brain tissue. It felt like my brain was sprouting new neurons literally. I realize this is all just speculation, but I've been living with this constant brain pressure and odd sensations now since my taper and I really believe that my head pressure is really just my brain in repair mode, remodeling and regenerating and whenever my symptoms worsen temporarily, theres improvement.

My intuition told me I needed more protein and I felt led to get protein powder because there is only so much protein in regular food form that I can consume. I think the protein powder taken in a shake gets absorbed into the system faster and gives the cells a big boost of healing energy. I even noticed on my morning walk today that I had more strength and stamina, and I'm normally dragging along.

This is huge guys. I think I was protein deficient all along and needed this to give my body the raw material its needs to finish the repair work my brain has to do to heal completely. I'm excited!

This is the protein powder I'm using....

https://sunwarrior.com/store/product/classic-protein-vanilla-1k

I only ordered a sample pack of 3 packets that will only last me 3 days. I wanted to try it first before I bought a full bottle, because I wasn't sure if I would want to stick with it. The sample of 3 packs was only 4 dollars so if your interested in trying it, its cheap to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys feel you head symptoms become more extreme when your tired  or stressed.??? I get tired and stressed very easily now it does not take much.

I'm starting to feel better but when I'm tired they rev back up again!! Mine move from my forehead to the right side of my nose. It will start in the head then move down my face when I'm tired/stressed.  I'm having to work and carry a full load of classes and I cant concentrate on my work and my grades are slipping.!!

Do you guys feel you head symptoms become more extreme when your tired  or stressed.??? I get tired and stressed very easily now it does not take much.

I'm starting to feel better but when I'm tired they rev back up again!! Mine move from my forehead to the right side of my nose. It will start in the head then move down my face when I'm tired/stressed.  I'm having to work and carry a full load of classes and I cant concentrate on my work and my grades are slipping.!!

Yes, even though I feel about 95% normal these days most of the time. If I'm really tired and / or stressed I feel a little symptomatic. Just roll with the punches. It will keep get better and better with time. Congrats on the windows too! Nice to have them isn't it?

Yes, even though I feel about 95% normal these days most of the time. If I'm really tired and / or stressed I feel a little symptomatic. Just roll with the punches. It will keep get better and better with time. Congrats on the windows too! Nice to have them isn't it?

Yowzers, amazing, Siggy.  Thanks for the terrific update.  :thumbsup:

Yowzers, amazing, Siggy.  Thanks for the terrific update.  :thumbsup:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to jump in here and let head pressure people know that it does really go away. I had my doubts because I had it for over 6 months straight to the point where my head felt like a blown up balloon about to explode. My face felt like the skin was rubber and it tingled and burned like crazy. I could even feel weird electrical feelings behind my eyes and I didn't see the whites of my eyes until a few weeks ago but it has all completely cleared up. It kept coming back in waves every few days until a few weeks ago but it was a much lighter feeling as time went on.

I had a very hard time finding people on this site who had it go away so I felt that I had an obligation to let people know that it really does. I know everyone is different but it started waxing and waining at about 5 1/2 months off and just continued to get better until completing going away at 8 months. It probably would've went away faster if I wouldn't have drank alcohol and had a setback and I also noticed that marijuana made it worse as well. It seems to be directly related to my anxiety levels.

Hang in there guys and girls because all this is really temporary and I know how hard that is to believe when this is going on 24/7 month after month.

oh wow, i wish i could say this for myself here at 55 months out and still with on-going head symptoms. but sadly, i cannot. :(

very happy for the people who have had this symptom go away. hopefully, one day it will for me too.  :o

right abcd? ???

I take 5/325 hydrocodone for back problems but it also seems to relieve the head pressure. this was confirmed today as I forgot to take my hydrocodone at bed last nite. I woke at 7am with a tension headache unreal!!!!

• 3 months later...
Hello friends, this is my worst symptom and my only aggravating symptom. I will be 4 years off all drugs March 17 2017 and my head pressure has got worse. I don't understand why. Every time i am under stress it increases it but now i cannot seem to re-stabilize this wave. I feel stuck. I was doing so well the first 3 years and then at 3 1/2 my head started getting tighter and tighter and now it's gotten to a point where it is intolerable. 

Oh my gosh, I'm not the only one...just found the "support group" part of Benzobuddies and went straight to this...I thought I was crazy, but alas, I am not.

I have ongoing head pressure that feels like dizziness too.  I also get extremely plugged or full ears and migraines or headaches.  My majority of symptoms are all head related, but also nausea, which I think is from the constant head pain!

Nothing really helps.  I've done OTC pain meds and recently my doctor prescribed Maxalt for migraines...it doesn't help as I think those of us coming off of benzos suffer from different head problems than just the "normal" migraines???  Just my idea.  Anywho, this is all of course exasperated during my monthly cycle (sorry guys)!

Good support group!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, i'm 28 months out and since the turn of the new year been experiencing A LOT of head symptoms. It feels like there's constantly too much electricity in my head? Along with all the usual stuff like plugged ears, tinnitus, zaps and the odd cracking sound, the worst symptom caused by all this pressure is eye strain/pain. When the head pressure is at its peak my eyes clamp shut for a few seconds almost to relieve some of the pressure, but it seems like doing this over and over again for months (20 times a day?) has left my eyes feeling REALLY sore and strained. I also have very bad sensitivity to bright lights, and my eyes appear blood shot a lot of the time. Just wondered if any one in this group has experienced this symptom with their eyes, and how long it took to pass.

I am yet to have any windows on this journey and i had so much hope that at 2 years i would be significantly healed, but the opposite has happened, 4 months into my third year i'm feeling worse than ever :tickedoff: Would also be comforting to hear from buddies experiencing head stuff like this so far out.

Thanks

Hey everyone, i'm 28 months out and since the turn of the new year been experiencing A LOT of head symptoms. It feels like there's constantly too much electricity in my head? Along with all the usual stuff like plugged ears, tinnitus, zaps and the odd cracking sound, the worst symptom caused by all this pressure is eye strain/pain. When the head pressure is at its peak my eyes clamp shut for a few seconds almost to relieve some of the pressure, but it seems like doing this over and over again for months (20 times a day?) has left my eyes feeling REALLY sore and strained. I also have very bad sensitivity to bright lights, and my eyes appear blood shot a lot of the time. Just wondered if any one in this group has experienced this symptom with their eyes, and how long it took to pass.

I am yet to have any windows on this journey and i had so much hope that at 2 years i would be significantly healed, but the opposite has happened, 4 months into my third year i'm feeling worse than ever :tickedoff: Would also be comforting to hear from buddies experiencing head stuff like this so far out.

Thanks

You are not alone!  I highlighted all of the things that are currently plagueing me. I have had a run of a wave for the last 4 weeks, think it was brought on by LED light, where I had an ocular migrane then misery for the last month.  I had about a 6 week great window before that.  It is possible, just don't know the magic formula.  I am 32 months out.

Sweet pea

I have the same exact things with my eyes.  I clamp my eyes shut way more than that and push on the bridge of my nose with my fingers all day.  i look like a spaz with all the tics I have now.

Thanks

Hello everyone.  Do any of you with this fun head pressure experience it in what seems like a pattern?

I get lots of pressure in my head, face, teeth, mouth, and neck.  I can't say that this happens all the time, but a lot of the time, I feel this much more at the beginning and middle of the day.  By the end of the day I feel better a lot of the time.  I really should start keeping a log of when I feel the pressure and when it seems like I have less of it, or not much of it at all.

Thanks.

It's almost always the worst in late morning until afternoon when I have it.  It's almost always less by evening.

I have started to wonder what this may have to do with circadian rhythm since there seems to be a cycle.

It's almost always the worst in late morning until afternoon when I have it.  It's almost always less by evening.

I have started to wonder what this may have to do with circadian rhythm since there seems to be a cycle.

i don't know but the head symptoms and head pressure definitely has it's own cycle. you'll get use to it.

Hello everyone.  Do any of you with this fun head pressure experience it in what seems like a pattern?

I get lots of pressure in my head, face, teeth, mouth, and neck.  I can't say that this happens all the time, but a lot of the time, I feel this much more at the beginning and middle of the day.  By the end of the day I feel better a lot of the time.  I really should start keeping a log of when I feel the pressure and when it seems like I have less of it, or not much of it at all.

Thanks.

I get exactly this, it's in my shoulders and arms today too, I'm sure it's all connected. if it's going to be better it is in the evening, right now here it's the middle of the day and it's awful. It's really irritating me today (feeding the benzo rage), but then this whole thing is. Just trying to breathe through it.

i don't know but the head symptoms and head pressure definitely has it's own cycle. you'll get use to it.

I get exactly this, it's in my shoulders and arms today too, I'm sure it's all connected. if it's going to be better it is in the evening, right now here it's the middle of the day and it's awful. It's really irritating me today (feeding the benzo rage), but then this whole thing is. Just trying to breathe through it.

I guess I have to get used to it, somehow.  Benzo withdrawal certainly has a way of continually redefining what the new normal is.

I guess I have to get used to it, somehow.  Benzo withdrawal certainly has a way of continually redefining what the new normal is.

i feel awful saying "you'll get use to it" so i'll rephrase it you you will get use to the cycles and then hopefully one day it will all lift and go away for good. unfortunately, i am still waiting for that myself even though i have had some good improvements in a lot of other areas.

i feel awful saying "you'll get use to it" so i'll rephrase it you you will get use to the cycles and then hopefully one day it will all lift and go away for good. unfortunately, i am still waiting for that myself even though i have had some good improvements in a lot of other areas.

No worries, prettydaisys.  :)

I can't bear this head and neck pressure, it feels like my brain and top of my spine is being crushed. Is this really WD and will it go? It's unbearable.  :'(

I can't bear this head and neck pressure, it feels like my brain and top of my spine is being crushed. Is this really WD and will it go? It's unbearable.  :'(

i really think it's is withdrawal. and i have the same thing and even worse head symptoms of pulling/pressure and what feels like a machine inside my head that feels like it's an explosion going off all the time. hardly ever subsides. even though i am having some improvements in other areas. just wanted to reassure you.

i really think it's is withdrawal. and i have the same thing and even worse head symptoms of pulling/pressure and what feels like a machine inside my head that feels like it's an explosion going off all the time. hardly ever subsides. even though i am having some improvements in other areas. just wanted to reassure you.

Thank you Prettydaisys  :smitten: