Important Survey - Please Participate ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

Prettydaisys- what was brain crash like for you?

you know i had the brain crash this morning after not sleeping a wink last night. it was so brutal and tortuous. it just feels like i'm not going to be able to breathe. it feels like there is not enough energy to support my brain function. it feels like everything will go black. i have to concentrate on only breathing in and out when this happens/ like i said it's only happened about 3 times plus this morning so about 4 times total. it's a very scary feeling. it feels like there isn't ATP energy to support the brain. it's hard to explain. it just feels as though there isn't enough energy up in the brain area. i absolutely hate when i have these insomnia nights where i am amped and wired and can't even be in a relaxed state to have nice thoughts. everything is black.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have severe head pressure and tight band around head 24/7. Has anybody here with this symptom found anything that helps?. Anyone who had myofascial trigger point injections for this, did it help??.

Hi Scooby,

Meditating and yoga help my head pressure symptom.  Anything that naturally calms down the nervous system. 

I have horrible head pressure. Sometimes with headache. It's my worst ( or what I consider ) to be my worst symptom. When it kicks up, I get bad vertigo and heat intolerance. I've found nothing to help at this point but Tylenol. It probably helps more than I realize. I don't want to find out.

• 4 weeks later...
My whole head feels heavy and full like the muscles are squeezing hard and won't release. Feels like a tight band around the head and all over the head even behind my eyes 24/7 every day for 3 1/2 years. Would this fall into the category of "head pressure"?. Anyone with these similar symptoms?

My whole head feels heavy and full like the muscles are squeezing hard and won't release. Feels like a tight band around the head and all over the head even behind my eyes 24/7 every day for 3 1/2 years. Would this fall into the category of "head pressure"?. Anyone with these similar symptoms?

I would say that qualifies.  Yes had that, not so much now or that would be more pressing of a symptom because how can you notice any thing else when it feels like your head will explode.  Now just feels like  my guts will explode.  Oh well some where there is something right on the edge ready to explode.

Sweet pea

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and have a question.. I have one sided forehead tightness that travels down around my right eye. It feel like I have tape stuck to my forehead and it is squeezing. Does this sound like what you all have? I'm on my last legs with this feeling!! It makes me want to crawl in a hole and give up! I've had it for 9 months !!!!!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and have a question.. I have one sided forehead tightness that travels down around my right eye. It feel like I have tape stuck to my forehead and it is squeezing. Does this sound like what you all have? I'm on my last legs with this feeling!! It makes me want to crawl in a hole and give up! I've had it for 9 months !!!!!

yes this does sound like a benzo withdrawal that can unfortunately last for a long time. i've had similar head symptoms, mostly left side for 53 months now. but i am one of the more severe cold turkey cases. 53 months! i can't tell you how done with this i am. but i am finally having some waxing and waning head symptoms which i never had before -- it was 24/7. sorry to tell you this. some people get hit a little harder.

Amazing to read you have waxing and waning prettydaisys!  :smitten:

thank you greentea! having a good day as far as the waxing and waning after horrible 2 day wave of 24/7. i can't wait until it's done forever. it's got to be at some point.

prettydaisy, I have noticed that we have a lot of symptoms that match from searching the posts. I wonder if we have more in common ?? do you wear glasses? I know its sounds like a funny question but I feel like my tightness comes from my vision! perhaps yours does too!! I had excellent vision before benzos!! I use to say I had cat vison because I could see so well in the dark. Now the dark is like a the fuzzy picture on the TV when the service goes out, but more black then grey. I cant see small print anymore either. Eye strain can cause referred pain to the forehead. 

Flame, this is one of my worst sxs too.  I escaped so many of the other awful ones (thank the Heavens) but got particularly hard hit with a couple exceptionally debilitating ones.  My head is constantly in a vice (neck, upper body too), muscles simply refuse to release.  I often feel it around my eyes too.  I'm wondering whether it's not the other way around for you?  Meaning the muscle contractions are affecting your eyesight?

On a positive note, though, there are many, many other BBs who also had pretty severe cases of this for a while and went on to heal.  Check BJames and SeekingSanity, two names that pop to mind.  :thumbsup:  Hang in, okay, your time will come too.

prettydaisy, I have noticed that we have a lot of symptoms that match from searching the posts. I wonder if we have more in common ?? do you wear glasses? I know its sounds like a funny question but I feel like my tightness comes from my vision! perhaps yours does too!! I had excellent vision before benzos!! I use to say I had cat vison because I could see so well in the dark. Now the dark is like a the fuzzy picture on the TV when the service goes out, but more black then grey. I cant see small print anymore either. Eye strain can cause referred pain to the forehead.

Flame,

i use to have almost perfect vision too and never needed glasses. now i need magnifying glasses for very small fine print but the vision definitely come and goes. when my head symptoms are in that same "vice (neck, upper body)" that abcd talks about and my brain is vibrating and revved up -- then my vision is worse. sometimes it does clear up and i do believe it will be much better again. i still will probably need to get some glasses at some point but for now just using the magnifying glasses for fine print. what other symptoms do you share of mine that you saw?

my worse symptoms are the head pulling and what feels like a machine (vibration/explosion) inside my head and full body neuropathy and really bad squeezing, tight, neuropathy limbs and feet.

Prettydaisy,

Its just that every time I would google a symptom you would come up ;D ;D. I have all those except for the hands and feet. My most frustrating symptoms are the head/face tightness/tingling/twitching and internal tremors. I had to get mri's done to rule out MS because my doctors thought I could have it. I just got my results and they were fine. When I get the tremors I think we are having an earth quake and then I realize oh, its me having the earth quake :idiot:.

My vision so off I had to get glasses. The glasses has not helped the symptoms physical improve but I can read small print now.. My right eye actually hurts when I look around.  I think that the benzos weakened the eye muscles and in withdrawal they are tensing back up.  I have been to two different eye doctors who cant find anything wrong except for a small astigmatism that has probably been there since I was born. Anywho, Hope you continue to improve its good to hear that you are getting windows  :smitten:

Prettydaisy,

Its just that every time I would google a symptom you would come up ;D ;D. I have all those except for the hands and feet. My most frustrating symptoms are the head/face tightness/tingling/twitching and internal tremors. I had to get mri's done to rule out MS because my doctors thought I could have it. I just got my results and they were fine. When I get the tremors I think we are having an earth quake and then I realize oh, its me having the earth quake :idiot:.

My vision so off I had to get glasses. The glasses has not helped the symptoms physical improve but I can read small print now.. My right eye actually hurts when I look around.  I think that the benzos weakened the eye muscles and in withdrawal they are tensing back up.  I have been to two different eye doctors who cant find anything wrong except for a small astigmatism that has probably been there since I was born. Anywho, Hope you continue to improve its good to hear that you are getting windows  :smitten:

oh my God :D  that made me laugh. wow, i didn't know i listed every symptom on here. i am considered a pretty severe cold turkey kindling case. i am more severe than others on here for sure and i know that. but i am getting better. i am recovering. very slow but still happening. my eyes both go through what you described. i know it's all from what is going on inside my brain. it definitely affects the eye muscles. i have a very long and detailed benzo and opiate story. my story is geared now to let people know that symptoms can come up even many years later when you don't possibly think it could be benzo related.

what happened with me is i was on benzos one time before for a long time with many cold turkeys and somehow i got off them for 7 years. in my 7th year i started having very weird and strange neurological symptoms that i couldn't possibly relate to the benzo's at the time but now looking back it was most likely a very severe setback after having a surgery and some pain meds. i didn't know what was happening to me so went to the Doctor and had my first MRI and Spinal Tap and was diagnosed with relapse/remitting MS. and they put me on klonopin and opiates for the nerve pain. and i knew i had trouble with the benzo's before but for some reason i thought i could just take the klonopin as prescribed and just be off it in a couple weeks.

of which i couldn't and it got out of hand and so did the opiates for another ten years and many rapid tapers/cold turkeys lead to my final cold turkey from large doses of few different benzo's including klonopin and soma in 2012 that led me to being worse than i could eve imagaine. and now i'm healing from all of that and also off the opiates and soma too. a big wasted life that i am so sad about. right in the middle of a recording music career. :'(

and i am pretty sure that i don't nor ever had MS. and i've had 5 MRI's and 2 spinal taps but all of that "relapse/remitting type of symptoms went away when i finally got off the benzo's. now it seems like i only have benzo related symptoms but i am still checking things out like LYme testing and other testings. i will cover all basis and leave no stone unturned.

I hope I didn't offend you by saying that . I was on a very high dose of Xanax and Kolonpin so I have pretty bad symptoms my self. I was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma while going to nursing school that's why I was put on these drugs. Now I can barely function from the head pain and my constant fear of cancer or any disease for that matter. I am getting better on the functioning side of things but the pain and fear are always with me. 

I hope I didn't offend you by saying that . I was on a very high dose of Xanax and Kolonpin so I have pretty bad symptoms my self. I was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma while going to nursing school that's why I was put on these drugs. Now I can barely function from the head pain and my constant fear of cancer or any disease for that matter. I am getting better on the functioning side of things but the pain and fear are always with me.

no you didn't offend me. made me giggle. i also get into fears of cancer this and cancer that. i am having some tummy pain issues that i didn't have before and first thing i think of is cancer. but the way it comes and goes is bizarre and i've learned that the more bizarre the symptoms are the more it's from benzos.

Dont want to jinx it.. But my head pressure has decreased. Not totaly gone but not the almost unbearable one I had for several months almost every day. This is encouraging.  I am 8 months off K and am tappering of Zopiclone. Hope things improve for you as well

Hugs

Carem

Pretty daisy, oh good I'm glad you were not offended and I made you giggle  :). I feel the same way about any weird symptom being benzo too.

Cream, that's great you have some relief  :thumbsup:. I know how you with the jinx thing. Every time I say " hey I didn't have head pressure it cones back" but I will say that today I have had slight reprieve from mine today. I think I am relaxing a bit since my bro results came back good

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone can relate to this...

Lately my head symptoms have been really freaking me out. I have this strange fear that if I move my jaw and mouth a certain way that I could tear my brain. It just feels like my brain is stuck to my upper palette and resticts movement of my jaw. Especially lower jaw protraction. I imagine that if my brain tears, that I'll end up a vegetable.

I obsess constantly about my head symptoms even though they keep getting better. I feel like the head symptoms are a big cause of why I feel so afraid to go places alone. They make me feel so vulnerable and afraid. The fear is I will lose control of myself, so this all makes me frightened to venture out. I feel more inclined to want to isolate myself and so I do just that on a day to day basis. So tragic, all this. :'(

I feel like the head symptoms are a big cause of why I feel so afraid to go places alone. They make me feel so vulnerable and afraid.

sophie,

i don't have the other symptom you speak about but the head symptoms make me feel very afraid of everything. of being seen, thinking i will fall and hurt myself, thinking someone is just going to hit me over the head, thinking someone is going to smash stuff over my head. makes me extremely vulnerable, fearful and afraid. when they lift, however rare then all of that goes away. so do a new set of thoughts which are night and day difference. although i don't have the sensation you speak about that when you move your jaw and mouth a certain way that you will tear your brain -- i do have a lot of jaw pain and a left side jaw involuntary movement.

I have jaw pain on the right side. I can see how you could think that... If your muscles are tight enough they can send pain to your head. The brain doesn't actually have pain receptors so I bet it's the muscle of mastication that are making you feel this way :crazy:. I just had my 2nd broken tooth from night time tooth grinding. I'm going to have to go see my dentist. That's another damn medical bill that these drugs have racked up!!!!!

Thank you pretty and flame. These head symptoms are such an alien type feeling. There is just no way to accurately describe them. Even amongst all us injured with it, the symptoms are all unique. I guess it depends on what part of the brain got injured the most. Mine seem to be my frontal lobe and jaw. And it feels like their is a connection and pulling sensation, between my frontal lobe and jaw. Its bizzare.

Flame, sorry your hit with more medical costs for these devil pills. I've racked up a monstrous bill myself from this garbage. If we could only be finacially compensated for what we lost we would all be millionaires.

Pretty, glad you get the occasional window from the symptoms. It shows that eventually it will leave you.

Pretty, glad you get the occasional window from the symptoms. It shows that eventually it will leave you.

And it feels like their is a connection and pulling sensation, between my frontal lobe and jaw. Its bizzare.

sophie,

i have that constant pulling sensation in the left lower corner where it feels like it's pulling my whole brain to the left all the time. it's a horrible feeling.