Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

support for those w/ head pressure

[mi...]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Head / ear pressure and headache almost constant for me.its full headedness, not one sided. If I bend over or cough  the headache gets worse. All since the withdrawal began in January

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is often more of a fuzzy/sedated feeling, but it often turns into pressure and pain or is a combination of both. The pressure feels like it's pushing out and often goes into my throat and chest as well. I'm convinced the head stuff is some of the worst of the physical sxs of wd and neurological injury.

Mine is often more of a fuzzy/sedated feeling, but it often turns into pressure and pain or is a combination of both. The pressure feels like it's pushing out and often goes into my throat and chest as well. I'm convinced the head stuff is some of the worst of the physical sxs of wd and neurological injury.

Sounds like sinus congestion, mine is much different like muscle tightness.

It's not sinus congestion. It's a direct result of coming off the benzo. It's about the only symptom I have left.

If not muscle what else can it be? The brain does not feel pain there are no pain receptors there. I have head pressure but mine is muscle related. The way you describe yours seems not muscle related.

I was diagnosed with Lupus Encephalitis a year ago and my head pressure is my brain and the blood vessels actually swelling inside my skull.

• 3 weeks later...
I get ear pain from it,,,do you?  It passes after a few hours but my neck, head, and ears really hurt , and tinnitus is usually raging during this

I think  commented on here?

But I take the smallest amount of Benedryl I can and it eases my tension- Even Tension headache Excedrin- Even with out headaches it helps occasionally an if I can ease up that tension ill dose off a couple hours sometimes- but even Benedryl ill take a few nights and take a break-

• 4 weeks later...

I have bad head pressure all the time and even now tonight and was diagnosed with Encephalitis on Jan. 22.

What was your symptoms? Now I'm getting checked for it.

I have bad head pressure all the time and even now tonight and was diagnosed with Encephalitis on Jan. 22.

Where is your pressure located

I just feel like my head is going to explode all the time.  If I can calm myself down, then it's not too bad.

I just feel like my head is going to explode all the time.  If I can calm myself down, then it's not too bad.

Oo :( Is it really Lupus did they see it? And how long you have it? While tapering?

It's the head pressure I got from getting off the benzo's.  It damaged my brain and my entire CNS.  I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was intolerance w/d.  I've had this Lupus and encephalitis for about 12 years now.  It's going to eventually kill me. 

That’s odd Becks my Aunt was tested and diagnosed with encephalitis and passed within a week it is not something you live with and it has to be treated. She was up and around 75 year old lady very active and a week later she was gone. There is tests that need to be done for confirmation.  I will reach out to my cousin and find out the exact bloodwork and spinal tap her mom had for diagnosis?  Did you have the tests done? I was tested in acute a spinal tap and bloodwork and nothing was found.  Just never heard of anyone living with encephalitis.  It is a very rare condition and if you have it you should be hospitalized to treat it, you definitely would not be up walking around with it.

Rare

Fewer than 200,000 US cases per year

Treatable by a medical professional

Spreads by animals or insects

Requires a medical diagnosis

Lab tests or imaging often required

Short-term: resolves within days to weeks

Critical: needs emergency care

[f5...]

You absolutely can live with autoimmune encephalitis

Many people with Lupus do, for many many many years.

It’s a disease, autoimmune illness that is becoming more common in people following COVID as well.

Given it’s autoimmune, symptoms can come and go, but generally people deal with issues for the rest of their lives.

You absolutely can live with autoimmune encephalitis

Many people with Lupus do, for many many many years.

It’s a disease, autoimmune illness that is becoming more common in people following COVID as well.

Given it’s autoimmune, symptoms can come and go, but generally people deal with issues for the rest of their lives.

Huge difference in brain inflammation and encephalitis.  Encephalitis in itself is not a blanket diagnosis.    Brain inflammation is far different then outright encephalitis.  Lupus encephalitis is not linked to a benzo injury, if you have seen proof please post it here as I will forward it to BIC.  I am aware of Covid induced inflammation and no I have yet to see anyone who does not feel better in time.  I had Covid kicked my butt put me in hospital for observation and completely healed from it and most do.  I was not arguing I was enquiring to Becks if she was tested for actual infection or viral encephalitis.  Inflammation is very common in wd and most heal from it.   

The MD just diagnosed my encephalitis based on my symptoms alone.  She was very knowledgeable.  What else could explain my head pressure all time?

Becks

So let me get this straight, 12 years ago you were taken off psych meds…taper or CT’d..whichever does not matter to me.  In the middle of wd you went to a MD and he told you without testing that you had encephalitis based on your description of your sx?  And what about Lupus?  Did you get tested for it?  And you took this ummm MD’s word for it?  You just might want to get some tests run at the least!  That is malpractice and criminal.  Have you ever been seen by a neurologist?  Most people with lupus encephalitis are referred to a endocrinologist and a  neurologist at least!