• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [mi...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Becksblue:  benzo withdrawal can certainly lead to a full time pressure type headache.  The doctors told me that I had spinal meningitis at one point and now they are refuting that.  Again, no substantiated diagnosis on their part!!

Klonkar

Klonkar

Of course they are refuting it!  I myself was told they were running tests for a host of possible diseases.  But no doctors ever told me specifically that I had anything nor would I have taken their “word” for it!  I demanded test after test.  I have spent 180,000 dollars in the first years after my ct but thankfully most of my sx have faded or disappeared.  Once I cut out all refined sugary sweets and sweeteners completely and cut out gluten I started feeling the head pressure fade.  I personally had to heal my gut it was a major game changer.

U

I went to a Neurologist AND a Rheumatologist in 2012 and they BOTH diagnosed me with Lupus.  Both ran an ANA and it was high and then the Rheumatologist did further blood tests and found the APS.  I also have Raynaud's Syndrome too.  I bruise very easily now.  The Rheumy wanted me to take Plaquenil and that didn't work and then suggested taking gabapentin, but that didn't work and then she gave a script for Seroquel, but I don't take that now.  She said to take an aspirin a day which is what I do now.  A Hematologist in 2012 looked at all my records and diagnosed me with Thrombophilia.  This is not an imaginary illness I've got.  I've even got Lupus Vasculitis now on both my legs. and my right hand is permanently damaged now.  You wouldn't believe how scarred and messed up both my legs are and my hands too.  I had to go to Urgent Care because my vasculitis was so bad and he gave me a script for a topical steroid and wanted to give me a shot.  I've also got bad urinary incontinence too now which Lupus can cause.  I suffer terribly everyday now with my vasculitis and incontinence.  The MD diagnosed me with Encephalitis about five years ago based documents from many docs.  I've also been diagnosed with Memory Impairment and Amnesia too by two different docs.  I had a seizure in 2012 at work from not taking my Xanax the night before and it damaged my brain and I haven't been the same since.  I've been on SSDI disability since 2012 and haven't been able to work a day since.  My brain is severely damaged now and so is my CNS.  If you're not in my shoes, you shouldn't judge me.  Plus, none of you are docs anyway. 

Okay Becks so you were tested for lupus.  You have never been tested for encephalitis ? I am sorry to hear that.  But that in and of itself is not linked to having a benzo injury in any literature I have seen published .  While lupus is associated with lupus encephalitis until it is confirmed by a neurological examination, spinal tap  and blood work I would not believe it.  There are people that have lupus.  Not every thing is benzo related.  I was in no way judging you I was trying to understand your situation.  I never claimed to be a doctor. That’s all!  I get it you have quite a few medical conditions that have nothing to do with withdrawal.  I hope you get a peer support system and possibly in home health services which is thru ssdi.  They are available in all states.  Why you don’t have it yet is beyond comprehension to me.  You are in my prayers.

U

Upperleft:  I totally agree that sugar,  but even more so,  gluten is a huge trigger for worsened HA's and head pressure, and I  feel so much better avoiding that.  There is  reason gluten=glutamic acid=glutamine overload and the fact that it can totally override our poor damaged GABA neurotransmitters.  I truly believe everybody on BB would benefit greatly from totally cutting out gluten, including in corn.

Great thoughts!!

Klonkar

Corn is a potential nightmare for me.

If I'm going to eat corn it has to be fresh, organic white corn on the cob, and I can only eat it on rare occasions.

It has so much sugar in it, just like carrots.

Upperleft:  I totally agree that sugar,  but even more so,  gluten is a huge trigger for worsened HA's and head pressure, and I  feel so much better avoiding that.  There is  reason gluten=glutamic acid=glutamine overload and the fact that it can totally override our poor damaged GABA neurotransmitters.  I truly believe everybody on BB would benefit greatly from totally cutting out gluten, including in corn.

Great thoughts!!

Klonkar

Yes for sure.. I can eat anything I want at this point but feel better without gluten.  So I learned how to eat for my body out of this .  Healing my gut was the turning point for me! Hope you are doing well! 

Upperleft and Widesky:  I am doing pretty well, thank you.  Many people don't realize that most corn has a lot of gluten (corn gluten) in it as well as the starch which turns to sugar.  But more importantly most of it has been GMO'd with antibiotic properties that can kill off our own gut microbiome.  I avoid all corn as well!! 

I spent an hour last night doing self massage, and pressure points on my scalp as it is such a tight mess!!  That always helps loosen me up for the next day.  Do any of you out there have what feels like subdermal sore lumps on their scalp?  These are what I massage.  Mine are mostly on the left side, same side as my full time HA.

Klonkar

• 2 weeks later...
[9b...]

It's not sinus congestion. It's a direct result of coming off the benzo. It's about the only symptom I have left.

If not muscle what else can it be? The brain does not feel pain there are no pain receptors there. I have head pressure but mine is muscle related. The way you describe yours seems not muscle related.

Nerves Scooby! I think it’s neurological, nerves, muscles, allergies, weather, hydration, all of it.

It has been unbearable lately for me!

Totally stuck.

😔

• 3 weeks later...

It's not sinus congestion. It's a direct result of coming off the benzo. It's about the only symptom I have left.

If not muscle what else can it be? The brain does not feel pain there are no pain receptors there. I have head pressure but mine is muscle related. The way you describe yours seems not muscle related.

Nerves Scooby! I think it’s neurological, nerves, muscles, allergies, weather, hydration, all of it.

It has been unbearable lately for me!

Totally stuck.

😔

Nerves have different pain sensations than muscles and allergies, weather, hydration have nothing to do with the neurological damage. These may cause additive effects but is not the cause. Mine is strictly muscle related and feels like my head is being squeezed in a vice-like grip all over, especially sides and top. Can you describe your pain sensations on your head?.

Not really sure if my post belongs here, but I have been taking Xanax regularly for the last 4 months and have been experiencing interdose withdrawals.

My symptoms mainly consist of my brain feeling like it’s being sucked out of my skull. My cognitive abilities shut down, I am unable to think, or concentrate, and there is a certain type of unexplained pressure pain that occurs.

Anyone else experience this? And were you able to find relief?

I’m currently crossing over to Valium to help with the interdose withdrawals, and it has helped a bit.