The jumping buddies group

[Bu...]

Ha was just reading your blog while I wait for my friend. I am happy, perhaps I'm a fool. But I am happy to be this side of the fence. I didn't know if I could. Even if this doesn't last it has given me the strength to know I will never go back. If it was horrendous all the way might have given in. But now I can see it can be done. I never got to the end of your blog. You got any tips as you are well ahead of us.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad you are happy, Big. Hope the 'morning sickness' improves. I am quietly better. Just treading water a bit here in the UK, seeing what happens.

Thanks for the good wishes, G.

Love B.

Hi DLW, I have quite a bit of muscle pain and some weird thing where my hands don't feel connected to type..someone else mentioned this, so I know it's w/d related...

Two weeks in the can Big, it is amazing to me that we can feel so klutzy and make mistakes yet nobody seems to notice!

Hi GMIT! Guess you're headed for your early morning walk...

Hi Buddy! I honestly think it's all w/d, great attitude! that's exactly what I tell myself everyday- I didn't die :laugh: we need to have humor to get through this...hope you're having a good day too!

I fell back to sleep and just got up a bit ago! Hope you are all well!

Feeling a bit better now that I've gotten a bit more sleep! Wasn't able to walk as we are getting rain.

Big, you asked if I have any tips...I can tell you what I've done, I just find that this is such an individual experience from reading on here...here's what I've done:

- exercise, I feel better on the days I do it! I've never been an exerciser...I never really liked it, but it helps me so I make myself do it.

- think positive! Even though it's hard in this horribly negative experience, I believe we can trick or convince our brains we are at least somewhat better than we are. I know this is SO hard, but what do you have to lose? It might help but it can't hurt!

- if you find something that helps any of this, do it! For me, during extreme anxiety I found that Zyrtec helped me a lot. Many have said that doesn't work or revs their sxs, but if something helps you through, don't suffer if you don't have to! Many don't want to take anything through this and I respect that!

- I read very little of the horrible negative on the Internet! I DO NOT focus on long term healing! I believe each day that I am healed! Oh heck yeah, it can be frustrating, but it goes back to being positive!

- I pray, A LOT! For myself and everyone on here! I know some people don't pray, so I hope whatever they choose to do works wonders for them! We all deserve to heal and have wonderful lives!

- I don't eat much! I feel better when I don't eat! I've read on here about people who feel better when they eat, this is not me.

- I took supplements early on and felt they helped, but now I don't, and feel like I'm still doing better all the time!

I truly pray the everyone receives quick healing and relief!! I've been lucky enough to talk with so many wonderful people on here! I hope I am as helpful to them as they have been to me!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello everyone.

Happy afternoon.

Saga: Hope your having a good day. Things are going better for me, I think. Are you US as well. (Only say if you want.) I love it when you tell me it's withdrawal. In my bad moments I find my brain trying to trick me!

G: I love your list. You have been very helpful and I hope one day I will be able to do the same. I do a lot of your list actually. I walk everyday. I take my daughter up to the school and collect her. I also help out with reading support at the school. My walking will hopefully increase soon as I am hoping to become a guide dog puppy walker.

talk soon.

B.

Good for you B!

I just don't want to sit around thinking "this is happening TO me!" I want to feel like I'm doing something to help myself! We were put in a horrific situation that none of us deserve, but if we can take control to quit, then we should try to be proactive in our healing!! It is VERY difficult because this can make us feel so helpless, but we have to try!!

I'm so glad thing are better for you!!

:smitten:

Hi Folks ... wonderful group ...

"I am the healer" ... and ... "I am healing" ... my mantras ... over and over and over ...

Yes, there is our companion Time and "environmental" stuff ... and I believe my "rock" and "anchor" is my belief in myself ... in my choice to do this and my living through the process ... some days pure stubbornness ... other days jitterey acceptance ... and it always circles back to my steadfastness ... where does this come from ... I don't know ... a gift ... a blessing ... a talent ... who knows ... I believe that I am being looked after as I look after myself ... I believe we are all connected to Life ... and Life will nourish us and sustain us ...

And my wife and the wonderful folks I have met here on BB ... we have everything we "need" to live one day at a time ...

Good Healing.

It is brilliant, Nova. This is a lovely thread. I am beginning to believe I am healing!

(Despite the sweltering heat here in the UK!)

Love B.

What wonderful posts Nova and G!  Being in the moment and carrying ourselves in a way to promote healing thoughts and actions..simple steps to keep ourselves in the moment. All beautiful for their simplicity. Thank you.

Buddy I'm glad you're feeling better! My glorious window slammed shut late this morning- as expected- I'm truly not upset! Why would I be? Im technically in acute :laugh: I consider it a great unexpected gift.

I live in Pennsylvania- east coast! I'm looking forward to spending the evening on the patio after work.Hopefully without any panic...I still have trouble outside, which sounds entirely ridiculous! Unlike your steam bath, it's beautiful today- not too hot...

Remember, one day at a time  :smitten:

Thanks! I'm excited and do not feel anxious or anything!! This is a new thing as I usually get some sort of fear or anxiousness about something like that!!

:smitten:

Have a wonderful time G. What are you eating? Enjoy. You deserve it!

Saga. That sounds lovely too. Is it hot on the Eastcoast. We're having a massive heat wave with thunderstorms due in the middle of the night! I like rain because I find it very relaxing. I follow a drop in my imagination from the sky to the ground. The thunder kind of gets in the way.

Love B.

How many hours behind are you? It's 8:15pm here.

Wow I am in the opposite side of the world to you. Perth in Australia. It's winter here but that just means cold mornings only. This thread is 'home' to me though right now. Thank you all I feel such comfort from your friendship and intelligent, compassionate words. Feeling very glad it's the weekend and I can just give in (just a little) and recover from this hard week.

Hi Big, that means you have a head start on the weekend, lucky you! I'm getting better working out the time differences...Buddy wondered about it, I'm on the eastern coast of the US, we are 5 hours behind the UK, you're Sat. Morning. Hmmm..i

Yes, I'm loving this as well, everything you've said about compassion and intelligence and above all- friendship! It's all so new and raw right now. Great to share the experience. I'm so glad you're here! I think G is back from her dinner, I want to know how it went! G, where are you ?

My window slammed shut pretty hard today,but it doesn't matter- it was a beautiful glimpse into the future...now I'm sitting on my patio with darkness falling, and I still feel happy! a little crazy- but hey- what else is new :laugh:

Hi Saga

I was so happy when I read last night about your window. Sorry it has gone, but I hope it returns soon. I feel for those whose journey is relentless all the way down. The windows are so inspirational. There are times when it seems as if every cell in my body is screaming 'take a pill'. But now that we know what life can be like there is no going back. It looks as if today is going to be a beautiful day today. I'm off to a Buddhist temple to meditate. Me! The most cynical person in the world. But the Buddhist ideas of acceptance and self reliance really have helped me.  I woke up at 7 today, normally it's 4. I think things are easing up a bit.  :)

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well... So helpful to see and hear the encouragement. Pain better for me today ... I'm in VA  ( east coast  US) we couldn't be having more beautiful weather . Feels like Fall in the NE !!

Sounds like most of this group has a decent amount of energy. ??? Walking and exercising ??? Sure seems like the energy goes up and down . Is that most everyone's experience ??  One day your flat out and can't do much at all and the next your up and around and out the door !!!

Someone ( can't remember who) was having bad nausea . I had that as well . Try liquid ginger , found at a health food store. Really helps a great deal.!! It's straight ginger  , so much better than a ginger tea etc ...

I guess I hop on too late in the day to catch the UK and Perth folks . Hope everyone continues on a healing path. Good sleep , Bigger / Brighter Windows !!'

Big, Well, I'd have to say my way down was relentless, so the window was utterly amazing to me! It's the sheer beauty of hope right now...I'm truthfully quite cynical myself, but I understand the spiritual side of this and the call to a simpler life has enormous appeal for me. Enjoy it, Big!

DLW, yes, I'm in PA, it's gorgeous, just like a fall day....I'm not exactly walking or exercising yet, work is about all I can manage :laugh: I'm not worried, my body needs rest right now..it will happen eventually...I didn't have the nausea thank god, but I do have what I call blowfish belly  :D anytime I'm stressed or upset, my gut blows up with severe sxs...lovely

Saga, saw your note about trying a Vegan diet and it changed your life . Tell me about that whenever you have time . Do you still stick to that. ? I've also wondered what it meant when members say they were "in tolerance "...?? Does that mean you were taking the same dose , but not getting any benefit ??? Sorry, I'm not to clear on all of the lingo .

I do know I was taking my single , very small dose of Klonopin for 7 years , ONLY at night. . It took me all of those years and finally one really good , caring psychiatrist to help me understand I was actually going into WD every single day ... Was so amazing , no other doc. , even prescribing doc didn't realize it !! Oh well , here we are , finally clear of the poison , and holding on for our brains to heal !!!

Well DLW, pull up a chair, it's a LONG story, but yes, actually the same deal as you. Same drug for 25 years, same dose. I've been very sick all these years with no dr ever connecting the dots. Tolerance to me means what we went through, withdrawal every day without knowing, becoming worse. I'm starting to have real emotion returning right now, and the thought of all the time overwhelms me...but, you're so right, here we are getting rid of the poison :)

Aren't you so happy and amazed we have a chance? :smitten:

Well hello everyone. Hope you are all having a lovely refreshing sleep. It is hot sticky and muggy here in the UK. I had a good sleep but woke feeling really shaky and a bit twitchy. The shakes after sleep are a new symptom for me so I hope I can shake them off. It was a bit like waking up in a panic attack with added twitches.

But I don't feel too bad. I am hoping the twitches are lessening in intensity. They might be! Saga you've got things right. Think about that window. it shows things are coming back.

I have a busy morning. My daughter is in a ballet display and then I have counselling. I have been lucky to find a counsellor with knowledge of benzos.

Onwards and upwards. I am nearly at three weeks off. I feel I need a graduation certificate when I reach one month!

DLW it was lovely to hear from you.

Lots of love,

B.