Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The jumping buddies group

[Bu...]

Hello Big,

Glad you are doing well. I've hit a bad patch. I've twitched constantly from 4.30 until 8.00am this morning. It makes me a bit despondent when that happens. I start questioning myself thinking how could such a low exposure to benzos cause such a bad reaction.

Love B.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Big! A reasonable day is great! I'm kind of with Buddy today...another hideous night of very little sleep and lots of twitching etc...but I have to look at the bright side- it's not every night! I can see how this gets old very quickly... But yes Big, we are the lucky ones, no doubt. Keep marking those days off the calendar! I feel like a small child counting the days until summer vacation...so this is how you discovered the problem with benzos? A news article? I always read the comments now and I'm struck by how many people defend this poison until I recognize I may have been one of them a year ago...a sobering thought.. Hope you get some great sleep Big...Buddy and I will whine a little today :laugh:

Oh fellow soldiers

Feel sad that you are both in a low. Can I offer you my hand? Your kind words helped me so much when I was down. It's crazy isn't it? When I read your words it turned into an energy and it worked to calm me and strengthen me. Once on the working thread you exchanged mantras. Mine is 'it is what it is'. Sometimes we fight, sometimes we have to pull back and accept our limitations. Hope things get better.

Hey Saga no I was reading that article today. You know that angry feeling we have, those 'if only someone had told me'. Well there was an article that was warning people and all the comments just ridiculed the author. People out there are still doing this and don't even know why they are sick. Poor things. But that's not us. We are on our way out.

Hi Saga

Just re-read your post. Yeah it could have been me too defending this drug in the past Hah, hard to believe now.

Today is another day.  Third day without sleeping pill and I don't think I slept much at all.  I have zero motivation to do anything and that frustrates me but I'm trying to be patient with myself.  This didn't happen over night.  The good news is the depression is lightening and that's a good sign.

Have a wonderful day all!  Thanks for all your support... I couldn't do this without you!

There you are G! I hope you're doing well!

I hear Gonna, no sleep is brutal..I really thought I'd have no problem and WHAM!!! I'm happy you feel the depression lifting, I don't think that's been huge for me, but my hubby disagrees!

Sorry about the big block of writing this morning Big, I couldn't even read my own post, LOL! I have a terrible time reading and comprehending things longer than a few sentences. I really try to keep it paragraphs even for myself..

"it is what it is " YES! My daughter stopped in, I said those very words to her. Not much we can do about it, but take it as it comes. See, I'm in the middle of a comment and can't go back to the last page, dear lord, brain is all over the place today....

It may be a tv day from here on out... I couldn't do this without everyone either, very grateful...better have some lunch...hope it gets better as the day goes on...it happens sometimes :smitten:

Oh Saga.. I do enjoy your comments.  I think we are both determined to go to the end and take each day as it comes.  There is no other alternative in my mind.  I"m never going back to what was.  fyi my boyfriend can see the difference in me too.

Hello all,

I've missed some of the chat today coz I've been out in Ely with my sister. It's not been easy. I think I started the day disheartened and I've kind of gone on like that! it is so lovely to have all you wonderful  people to check in with. I too am having problems reading posts so sorry if I've missed something. I am really giddy, the inner vibrations turned up a notch as did the parathesia, the pain around my mouth has been awful, my health anxiety came flooding back. I've tried to push it all down but it just comes floating straight back up again.

It didn't help that my sister lives in a really hot house. A hot house in a hot city in a hot, county, in a hot country in a hot world.

Big, I am taking your hand through cyber space. I really feel your compassion.

Goona, Saga, we are all commiserating together. I am sorry you are feeling bad. Let's hope tomorrow brings renewed peace.

Lets hope we all have a lovely refreshing sleep tonight.

I am off to see a 6 year old hoolohoop show now!

Lots of love,

Buddy.

Well Gonna, you're absolutely right about determination and the " live in the moment" " take each day as it comes" attitude. I'm afraid to look too far... I can honestly only handle today...glad I'm making you smile, I'm trying to put it all out there!

I love laughing at some of this dumb stuff, why not? Who else can laugh harder or enjoy the absurdities that go along with this...humor is underrated..

Oh Buddy, I'm sorry I missed your post....I was distracted by the tv shows and popped on very quickly and left quickly..the heat doesn't help any, that sounded perfectly horrid..I hope tonight is better for you...

I went down for an afternoon nap and fell asleep hard.  It felt great to get some real sleep for a couple of hours.  I"m sure that won't help with sleeping tonight but that's ok.  My system will figure it out eventually. I'm tired but I feeling ok and ready to plug on.

Nice Gonna, I haven't tried to nap yet, I'm hoping it just sorts itself out..glad you were able to catch some sleep and you feel better.

This is crazy stuff..I actually went into a window around lunchtime, was just chatting to someone about how great it was- just like that boom- slammed shut very hard :laugh: wild 24 hours gotta love it!

I hope we both sleep tonight...sigh...

Still having almost constant electric shock sensations and numbness. Managed to sleep through it but I find it pretty odd. Can it really all be withdrawal after the small amount I've been on?

Hope you are all doing out there.

Love B.

Goona,

I'm glad you managed to sleep. It doesn't matter when you sleep. It's a sign of healing.

Saga, The fact you had a window is a good sign.

One day at a time.

Love Buddy

Hi everyone

Friday. Boy do I love when the working week is over. Am so terrified I will be knocked down with something. But so far so good. My days are getting better. Was kidding around with my workmates today. My spirits are returning, Even the morning sickness is lessening. The trick is to sit upright. As soon as I wake up at 4am I have to get up and sit or stand, can't lay down. Do you guys wake up really early? Isn't it weird but all our symptoms seem so different. Electric shocks! They sound scary, but no. My voice has changed, it's breathy and nervous no matter what I do. Anyone else? What would you say is your biggest symptom post jump and is it different to tapering? Mine was and is nausea. Now getting manageable. And dizziness, tinnitus  and anxiety. While you guys are having hot weather it's cold and rainy here. Good for bunkering down and resting. Anyway am really curious. What are you feeling one month in Saga? And nova, gonna and buddy and anyone else. If someone asked are you better now than generally in taper? My taper wasn't bad all the way, only at the beginning. Am still in the counting stage. 3 weeks today.

Big,

I'm glad you are feeling better. Of course it's winter where you are! The rest of us are in summer. England wasn't built for heat. There is no air conditioning.

Do you get cold winters in Perth?

Love Buddy.

Hi Buddy

It does get cold, but not England cold. And we get sunny days in between. When it's hot here we all stay inside. Most people have air con in houses and cars. We are not too far from the beach. When I first started tapering(went from 10 to 2mg in a few weeks silly me) I used to go swimming at the beach. Really helped my symptoms and helped me sleep. Love England, lived there for a few years (London). Feel for you if it's hot though. Would be hard. Maybe cos you didn't take it for long your symptoms will be hard and then go quickly? Of course I am basing this on nothing. You are smart getting off quickly. Wish I had. Should have trusted myself and not the doctor. He said I was like a diabetic needing insulin and it would be ok.OK it was not!

Buddy ... even 9 months out I get the shocks and the numbness from time to time ... yesterday thought my whole right arm was numb for a while ... yet I could use it just fine ... good motor skills the whole time ... I have found no way to "release" it ... and that makes sense if it is nerves and tissue are nteracting in what we experience as "unusual" ... it is curious that I experience the arm as numb yet it is totally functional ... when my foot or wrist may "go to sleep" as they say they are not functional ...

As I understand things physiologically (and I am not a medico) ... there is a "harness" of nerves that "wrap" from the lower groin (front and back) to the neck area ... if you can imagine a parachute harness or a rappelling harness ... energy is circulating through these pathways all the time ... the "circuitry" has been disrupted by the drug(s) ... the pathways are learning to function without the drug ... "healing" or "recovery" ...

Hope this may help a little ...

Hi G! Hope you're still in that window!

Yes Big, our sxs are all very different it seems...I'd have to say the extreme fatigue is the worst for me. It hasn't changed very much since tapering. Also the agoraphobia I've been dealing with. I can go places but I'm not comfortable, but it's  improving a little.

My mood is clearly better I think, just like yours. I'm glad you're seeing good changes. I'm sure you're glad the work week is over!

Nova makes good points...I fully expect to have sxs for a long time. It's how I cope with them that counts...

Enjoy your weekend Big!

Whoa G! That's wonderful news!  See how you're giving us new jumpers something to look ahead to? Now if your sleep would be better all the time...one thing at a time,right!

That's right!

Things are not perfect by any means, but they are doing really well!!

So glad to see you doing well!

:smitten: