Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hey Team Z! Hoe you're all doing better. I think we all felt like crap at the same time. Jerry I'm sad to hear of your tough day. Please try meditation and relaxation to get you through. I know it's tough but just get through one day at a time. Put on some nice jazz and rest. Hugs to you.

Kachina I hope your family members get well soon. Increased coughing with covid isn't good. Please encourage him to do deep breathing and plenty of fluids. I also saw the outrageous California covid cases. WOW! That's so awful. I'm hoping the vaccine will help. Please be careful when going out. Hope you're sleeping well. Hugs to you.

Deanna yes it's very interesting. I had my second session today. It wore me out a bit but I made it through. There's therapist that have videos on YouTube if you want to check it out. It may help with you getting overwhelmed. It certainly won't hurt to try. If you got symptoms after the antique market then probably you overdid it. But it was great that you went. We have to push it a little but the balance of not too much. Hope you recover quickly. We also have to try to see how much we've progressed so I wouldn't say you failed. Your body just let you know it was to much right now. Hugs to you.

Shay, I know you're having it rough right now. My heart goes out to you. It seems Jerry got jealous of you not sleeping and joined you .LOL I hope this passes quickly for you both. Just do your best not to let it get the best of you. Pamper yourself and get through one day at a time. Hopefully a window is coming soon. Hugs to you.

I'm sleeping ok. My physical therapy went well today. I walked a bit outside in the driveway and mailbox but couldn't make it to the corner. But I'm still happy for what I could do. I'm staying positive taking baby steps. One day at a time.

Great post LadyD, thank you! Glad you're up and walking. You're working hard, don't do too much.

Shayna, rooting for you!

All, the new year is starting out rough, I sure felt more hopeful about a new year before but now feel the reality of this pandemic growing and other BS!

SLEEP

Wishing you sleep!

Rest, peace, relief ... JOY

Connection!

Good night  :idiot:

Hope everyone is hanging in there!  LadyD is right, we all feel like crap at the same time.  The New Year is certainly testing us isn't it?  Jerry and Shayna I hope you get some better sleep soon!!

For me we are back to middle of the night periods of insomnia with pain flares.  I never know when one is coming so I go to the bathroom and get back into bed hoping to drift off again when it hits.  I notice that the tinnitus get louder then too...it's like mini waves with everything but the kitchen sink.  After about 2 hours I tend to fall back to sleep for a bit.  The days are full of aches and pains and fatigue.  Have to rest often again now.  Oh how a warm sunny day would help.

One night last week I had some itchiness on my inner upper arm, didn't bother with it until next morning when I saw that the rash I had last summer from a spider bite returned!  Exact same shape and pattern, like my body had a memory and was reminiscing  :idiot:  My husband couldn't believe it either.  All I could think of was that I had a histamine surge and it brought back the rash.  Only lasted a day.  The human body is fascinating.

I've been reading success stories again.  Oh how I wish we could just speed up time and get to ours already.  Peace and Love to all!

Hi Zzaccaz, yes the new year has started tough, but my cat isn’t bothered and sleeps very relaxed next to me. In his typical seal position. It was day three, of not going to the toilet but in the evening I succeeded without the extra help of an enema. So I hope tomorrow I will have a calm day without bowel trouble.  :thumbsup: Jerrizz

Hey jezza try some chia seeds. U put a tablespoon in 1/2 cup of water and it turns into a jelly then scoop some out and put it on cereal or in a smoothie. It usually helps x

Hi Shayna how are you doing now, has the sleep improved yet? I'm in a quandary about whether to have this vaccine or not, really don't want to risk it giving me acute symptoms again. Especially as rates very low where I am below the national average for infections rates. They are rolling it out quite quick here as giving doses 12 weeks apart to get people vaccinated quicker.

Hey Jerry was just thinking that probiotic yogurts could be helpfull also as they help balance our microbiome.  I think we get very unbalanced in the gut bacteria while recovering.  Good Luck!

Hey Jerry was just thinking that probiotic yogurts could be helpfull also as they help balance our microbiome.  I think we get very unbalanced in the gut bacteria while recovering.  Good Luck!

I use kefir, which is known for its probiotics... and it tastes good too...

Hi Shayna how are you doing now, has the sleep improved yet? I'm in a quandary about whether to have this vaccine or not, really don't want to risk it giving me acute symptoms again. Especially as rates very low where I am below the national average for infections rates. They are rolling it out quite quick here as giving doses 12 weeks apart to get people vaccinated quicker.

30 minutes sleep last night. I cannot function.

Ohhhhh Shayna, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you've been on this journey a long time and I feel mad that your sleep just got good and then this.

Deanna, you're going through a lot of baloney too. Are you doing curable still? I bought a workbook by one of the leading TMS doctors, haven't looked at it yet.

I feel so fortunate that I'm sleeping well. I dropped down 0.50mg on Tuesday night. I stand at the kitchen counter and cut the piece off ... well Tuesday night I felt as if all of you were standing right there with me, I really really did. I feel you cheering me on just by your presence here.

Yesterday was a super hard day physically and emotionally for me due to watching our news in the US. I get afraid I won't sleep but I do.

Love you all! Jerry, mmmm Kiefer sounds good! Like your kitty!d

So happy Kachina that you are sleeping well and down to .5 tablet!  That is such progress!!  You are tapering much better than I did.  Perhaps I went too fast over just 5 weeks but I wanted the poison out of my body and I was suffering terribly from inter-dose withdrawals. 

I did alot of Curable stuff last year before I jumped and I still follow the recommendations for trying to work away the pain.  I really do feel that for me there is an element of mind-body involvement, and so I practice gratitude, meditation, distraction, making sure I do not fear the pain, etc.  I do think it helps to turn the dial down on the pain.  I too was fearful that after yesterday's tragedy in DC that I would not sleep or the disturbing images would cause a pain flare, but happily it did not.  I have learned to feel the emotions, and let them go.  So much more healthy.

I did Schubiner's book last year for chronic pain...It definitely helped!  Glad you like Curable too!!  It will be part of my success story someday  ;D

Deanna, Oh! Yes, that's the book I got. Cool. I always love what you share. Making sure I do not fear the pain, that statement alone is an awesome meditation. (I'm down 0.50mg to 6mg!) Glad you didn't flare yesterday. Thank you. I guess the curable work makes the flare days all that more loud ... what are some of your favorite distractions? I am doing that when I go to bed, distract by moving my thoughts to pleasant things.

Yes, Kachina I absolutely distract my thoughts when lying awake in bed.  If I go to a place that I know isn't good I'll first start with finding 3 things to be grateful for.  That usually gets my mind on one of my loved ones, or perhaps redecorating a room or gardening.  My safe space is a mental picture of my summer garden  :smitten:  I do sometimes run out of things to think about tho!  My favorite distraction is working in my craft room when I have the energy.  I LOVE to sew and have just bought some new fabric to make into draperies.  That will keep me busy for a while...last Spring during the pandemic I sewed all sorts of masks for family and friends, then did a slipcover for a small couch.  I also like to repaint furniture, but that is too challenging right now.  I'm also trying to bake some Gluten-free desserts with not too much sugar.  Oh and I have an unhealthy obsession with silverplate flatware and spend way too much time and money buying pieces on eBay  :D

I just finished reading that book Spark (John Ratey) which is all about mental health and exercise.  I wish I could do more but I find my Sx get worse with walking every day so I've cut down to every other day.  Now I'm reading his other book called "Go Wild" which is all about living according to our evolutionary genes such as diet, movement and social groups.  I'll report back any pearls of wisdom!

I have run on and on....sorry!

Room hugs!!!!

Oh I love to sew too. I miss sitting at my sewing machine. My dear Aunt taught me how to sew. When I was little I used to love watching her on the machine. She made many of my baby outfits when I was a baby. I've made many outfits for my little girl as well. Deanna I know your drapes will be beautiful. What a nice distraction. Kachina do you sew?

Hey jerry I'm assuming you're having better days. If so that's awesome! I've been wondering how you and Shay are doing.

What is everyone been doing lately? Anything fun or funny you'd like to share? How's the tapering going for those still tapering? Kachina did you reduce? How do you feel?

I hope Shay returns soon. I know she's feeling awful. Everyone please keep her in mind. As we keep each other in mind as well.

My vestibular therapy is going well so far. My next session is tomorrow. There was this cushioned square block that he had me to stand on. It freaked me out for a few seconds because I was so unsteady to balance on it. It's harder than it looks! If you hear screaming "help!!!!" It's me on that thing....just come save me. LOL

It's supposed to snow here late tonight. I'm ready to see a snowy morning

LadyDen it sounds like you are making progress! So good to hear!!  Jerry I hope your little update means something akin to hanging in there at least...

Shayna if you are reading the boards please know that we have you in our thoughts and prayers.  We know how hard it is, but try to stay strong and hold on.  We want you back  :smitten:

Ha ha Jerry, good one!

LadyD, cool, a challenge, standing on a pillow that does sound like a balance challenge!! How cool that you sew~and glad you'll get your snowy day!

Lady D and Deanna, sewing!!! It is a blissful meditation. I love that you both love it. But I've not done it for 35 years. I did love it and have thought of taking it up again. You're inspiring me. I carried my sewing machine with me all over the place until just before I got the desire to do it ... finally brought it to the goodwill since I hadn't used it ... then regretted it.

Room hugs back!! Yes, Shay, my thoughts are with you.

Deanna, very nice to hear your ramblings. I love silver flat ware too but my thing is that I've had 2 sets given to me, from my mother's wedding set and my grandmother's set. I use them every day and have for decades and thus have also lost some of the pieces sadly. I identify with the thoughts you go to, I love doing a gratitude list--starting with the letter A (which is always my son) to Z. I love home decorating and gardens too!

So last night was my 3rd night of my taper and I woke up at 3:40 in really bad pain. I've been having pain flares from watching the news I think. But I did the curables app for 2 hours then got up and did some writing. Lucky I don't have to do much today and will try to baby myself because I just don't feel very well. But I know this is the drill!!! This is it, sleep or don't sleep but stay with the program. Very easy for me to say as I've been getting good sleep all a long.

Thanks, TGIF??

Yes we miss you Shay!!!!! Feel better soon. Therapy went as well as it could today because I was in a wave. He took one look at me and knew I didn't feel good. So no standing on the cushion today. Simple head turns and some walking while looking around. I'm still in this wave. It's quite uncomfortable. The intense pulling with weird head pressure and increased ringing ears. Feels similar to acute. But I'm hanging in there. Resting and taking it easy. Davy Jones is a mean pirate. That's what I call this pulling. Shay and I gave our symptoms names.  :laugh:

I've read that in 7th month or so you take a short step back for a bit then after that you heal nicely. Well I'm ready for it! I hope y'all are doing ok.

Guess I'll be needing a nick name.

I find it hard to tell what is going on but this is my worst day.

Maybe this is a wave.

Low sleep has always caused fibromyalgia flares.

I have so much pain and my stomach hurts horribly. It must be Benzo belly. I want pain med, have taken tramadol in the past but don't plan to take anything. Just really bad and I hate it. I'm sorry, I don't know how I'll make it through if I have the stuff you ladies have.

What should I take for my stomach? It seems to happen at night, perhaps from eating fat???

I did walk the dogs and saw a gorgeous rainbow and cleaned up the house and had a pretty good day otherwise.

So glad to hear from you Shay! Keep hanging in there...it will get better soon.  You deserve a break my friend.

Kachina it's amazing we have very similar pain patterns with flares when we are tired or overdo it.  I don't typically have the belly pain, but I have had gastritis in the past and when your stomach hurts it's the worst.  I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly.  The best diet to follow to baby your stomach is simple digestible foods like oatmeal, eggs, bread, low fat and maybe lay off the dairy (?)...it could have nothing to do with your digestion per se, but be another neuropathic pain pathway (?).  Are you feeling as if the stomach function is off?  Or just pain? I hope you had a better night.  I think you are wise to stay away from the pain meds.  BTW, ginger tea might help.  Make it with fresh ginger and a touch of honey.  Hugs!!!

LadyDen, I'm right there with you with the increase in tinnitus when symptoms flare.  I notice it so much more now.  My foot pain is back which had gone away for about 6 weeks.  Very annoying but I'm trying to keep the faith that the cycling of symptoms is a sign of healing.  I have been feeling alot of regret lately for ever taking the Ambien.  I'm such a straight-laced person, never tried any drugs, or drank much.  I can't believe I've fallen into this hole. 

Rant over.  Time to start a new Saturday.  Looking forward to the daylight.

Jerry, how are you doing??