Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hi all, I am still here. I went to the beach with my father today. We had a sunny day here today. We walked 2,5km.

There were many people, but it was easy to keep distance. The beach was wide. Two nights ago I had trouble with falling asleep, so I did a step back with the amount of zopiclon I take. Tonight I will go back to my lowest amount and I try to hold on that for a while. Tapering is not always going logically. It is almost bedtime for me. Huggggggs Jerry  :smitten:

I am still here Jerry! Everyone else must be taking a break from the board.

The new year is tough with new mental symptoms of emotional anger, especially with US politics  :'(

I am trying to stay strong and at least neutral in mindset.  I know it doesn't help to fall into the abyss.  I have had to stop exercising because it brings on more pain.

Hoping for better days ahead.  How are you doing?

Hope the rest of team Z is OK  :smitten:

Kachina my bet is that it's the beginning of benzo belly. The best things are ginger tea as Deanna said as well as peppermints for nausea and heating pad for 20 minutes at a time every couple of hours for tightness/pain. What to safely take???? Tylenol would be my suggestion. I'm sorry you're feeling like this but know that it's normal because you're tapering. The body WILL have a response although not in a happy way.....at first. Like taking much candy from a kid. They will gripe, cry or throw tantrums. That's what our bodies are doing. But for the kids own good we can't let them just eat a lot of candy. Likewise we can't just stay on these damaging pills. Kachina please try to stay positive. Not everyone has the exact same symptoms. Even if you find 2 people with the exact same ones, one will have different intensities and duration than the other. Each person's body is unique so your body's response will be unique. Please don't let our experiences scare you.

Deanna I also had the strange foot pain pop in for a day or two then poof! Few months later it popped back in for a day or so then poof. I have several of those pop in and outs. I'm reassured when it happens because I know what it is. I know it's temporary and no need for alarm. I'm also feeling deep regret for taking Ambien. But I didn't know of its danger. The doctor that started me on it didn't warn or educate me about it. It's not our faults. But you know what, Deanna? I chose not to dwell on those feelings because it causes stress/upset. Right now we've got to stay as calm as possible each day. I'm so proud of you that you've endured this far. Proud of us all. I'm also someone who never used drugs or drank alcohol ( except for special occasions small sips of wine). All I ever had my whole life was prescription meds after surgery for a few days and Ambien ( for 7 years). I kick myself for believing what the doctor said as true. It was just too good to be! Plus it worked so well. Deceitful poisoning is what it is....slowly quietly in the background damaging my brain and causing many health issues. We didn't know!!!!!

Shay it's good that you popped in to say hello. We miss you. Please feel better soon. I know it's very hard but don't give up. Put your boots on and kick Maggie in the.......hello!!!!

Jerry glad you enjoyed the beach. It's surely a place that people can spread out. I hope your sleep improves. If you don't mind me saying so....going up and down on the Z drug isn't a good idea. Once you drop down, you should do all you can to just hold that dose until you stabilize. You are going to have some sleeping trouble along the way and when you're finished for awhile. Ask yourself, once I've put in all this work to get off, if I can't sleep well am I going to take some more? I'm sure your answer is no. Otherwise what would be the point in getting off if you're going to take it again. Having said that, Dr Ashton said when you reduce, it's best to hold so you don't risk kindling or a protracted withdrawal. She said its best to hold rather than updose to avoid sending your sensitive CNS into ups and downs that they've already gone through. Please don't think I'm judging you or telling you what to do. It's your choice. My intention here, as a friend, is to remind you of the possible consequences. I would hate to see you or any of us suffer more than we have to. I'm also aware that in some cases, people reduced and their body wasn't ready so the best thing to do is go back to the previous dose and hold then try to reduce again. Our thinking when we're feeling our worse isn't at its best. That's why we are here to help each other. Me personally would feel bad if your body went haywire from up dosing and I knew it could happen but didn't say anything. I think many struggle on here because of a lack of acceptance plus having unrealistic expectations of symptoms. I noticed as soon as I accepted what was happening and expected it to be rough for awhile, I did much better dealing with my symptoms. Distractions and ignoring them also proved helpful.

Hugs to you all.

Hi team x I’m sorry I’ve been absent but sometimes I just get very down and best not to put that in the mix here x sometimes I just need to go and be sad for a bit. But I hope u are all doing ok and I’ll be back soon x lots of love

Hi team x I’m sorry I’ve been absent but sometimes I just get very down and best not to put that in the mix here x sometimes I just need to go and be sad for a bit. But I hope u are all doing ok and I’ll be back soon x lots of love

:smitten::-*

Hi Ladies,

I am having a tough time at the moment. When I wake up I feel so bad. I feel like a zombie throughout the day. The lockdown is extended for three weeks so no swimmingpool for me again. I ll go to the fysio and dietician  later today. I hope you are doing better than me. Huggs Jerry

Wow Jerry! They extended it???? I know how much you love swimming. I'm sorry but hopefully it won't be long. I see that many BB's are having a rough start of this new year. It seems many of us have been in bad waves. It's like a cemetery on many threads here.  :laugh: mine has let up a bit to the point that it's bearable. I'm not sure how long it will last. I'm sorry Jerry that you have been feeling rough. Please feel better soon, my friend . Distract and pamper yourself to get through one day at a time. Thanks for checking in. Big hugs!

To everyone else here at Team Z I'm praying for you and myself. Wow seems we're getting our buts kicked this month. That's ok Team Z.....you know why? Feeling is healing! We've got to go through the ugly to see the beauty. Hang in there everybody. Keep your spirits up. Don't give in to the withdrawal monster! Tell him to piss off! Love u guys!  :smitten:

Haha LadyDen, Feeling is healing!  I like that one.  Glad you are doing a bit better!

Jerry sorry you are feeling like a zombie.  I have a new similar symptom, I feel very zoned out mentally.  It's like I want to just sit and stare at nothing in particular.  It's not a terrible symptom, better than my typical pain.  I hope it passes for you soon.

Kachina, how are you doing?

Woah, I see from Jerry's post we had a 2-day freeze here! Deanna and LadyDen thank you for your encouragement and understanding.

Jerry, nothing like the beach!!

Shay, thanks for checking in, so sorry it's so bad right now.

Deanna you're having musical pains, me too!

Lady, glad you're feeling better and appreciate your cheerleading with wisdom and sense, it helps us all!

Yeah, the US is a scary place right now. I just feel waves of grief with some fear mixed in when I hear about other humans hating. Really important to focus on the moments of joy that we have...and to stay safe.

I'm at 6.00mg and get to do another cut on Tuesday! I am so ready to be at 5mg. But my taper next week will be to 5.50mg for 2 weeks. Told my doctor I was at 7.50mg as when I felt him out for dropping 0.50mg every 2 weeks he didn't see the point. He told me try to jump to 5mg. I won't, I'll continue on this careful taper that is advised here.

Just juggling life, like we all are. My knee has improved, still have pain, but can walk farther now thankfully. Happy Weekend to my Z-team friends. Hugs and you know what? Signs of Spring are ready to happen soon!

Ha Z super women,

Today was a bit better, morning was tough, but around 14:30 my household help came along and we cleaned my house. She is a very sweet girl. She is half Dutch, half Italian. In her twenties still. She is very precise too, and she loves cleaning. At the end she ironed one blouse and I did the rest of them. I had no time to play saxophone, so I will do that tomorrow. Around 6 O’ clock I went to my father for pancakes and sirup and fine sugar. We watched some tv which is supposed to be funny, but separately due to my depression, I don’t feel the fun of it. Tomorrow European skating match in the afternoon on tv. Thanks for all your encouragements, Kachina, Lady Den, Deanna and Shazza! I read your stories too of course! Hugggggs Jerry  :smitten::thumbsup:

Deanna glad you enjoyed the feeling is healing. It's true. You've got to feel it to heal it. Do you have any new symptoms? Are you sleeping well?

Kachina I'm so glad your knee is improving. Also great job being your own advocate and not listening to your doctor to do a faster taper. I ASSURE you that would be a HUGE mistake. I'm sure you've read that terrible mistake from others. Please continue to keep your taper schedule to allow your brain the proper step downs it needs while reducing. Picture this as going down stairs. Stepping down 2 or 3 steps would surely make someone fall....hard! They're designed to be taken on one at a time. :thumbsup:

Jerry I'm so glad you're feeling better. Wow you had syrup on your pancakes!!!!! I remember in acute my daughter wanted to fix me a breakfast so her brother helped her make pancakes. I didn't check the syrup bottle. Big mistake! It was sugar free so I didn't see the need to read ingredients. Within 40 minutes I was so sick! It was the sugar alcohol that did it. Lesson learned. I've not had any syrup sense. I now eat my waffles or pancakes with a little apple butter or reduced sugar strawberry jam.

Shay I miss you as I know everyone else do too. I hope you feel better soon. I miss your funny joking around. I hope Maggie and Momoa leave you alone very soon.

As for me, I've had a small window part of the day around late morning until early evening. My symptoms were not gone but much less intensity than it has been the past week. I'm grateful. Big hugs to Team Z!

Hi team z! I love u guys and I’ve missed u too. I am having a starts with w and ends in w  :thumbsup:

But I’m not going to say it out loud incase I scare it away.

Kachina u are doing great with ur reduction. Stay the course x

Dee I know that zoned out feeling well. It’s horrible but sometimes zoning out helps us to block what else is going on xx I hope ur feeling well apart from that x

Jezza! U sound good today! Pancakes with ur dad sounds lovely x glad u have a cleaner that is happy in her job. I just fired mine, she was a buzz kill man so she had to go  :thumbsup:

Lady I miss u too x I just can’t bring the team down when I’m feeling bad. I care about u guys too much to be a debbie downer.  ;D

How is ur therapy going? I hope these big waves mean ur getting closer to healing x

Love u guys x

NICE song and video Shay!!! I need a red dress!

SHAY, glad you wrote to us!! You can let Debbie downer out here, don't be afraid. It helps, as LD says, feel it to release it! Say it to release it~~as you wish of course.

Jerry! Depression sucks and you are on your way to being better with your taper ... it will lighten up, keep going. It has for me and I've suffered a lot of depression in my time. Wishing you more pancakes and syrup and nice days with a sweet cleaning person!

Lady! Glad you've had some windows! THANKS for your reminding, yup, I'm taking the steps.

Nite All

Kachina

Hey Z buds, Happy Saturday!  I have been feeling better the last couple days, less nerve pain, but more muscle tightness that comes and goes.  So I just try to ignore that.  My last wave was either caused or worsened by the terrible US political news.  I'm hopeful that we will be on a much more even keel from now on.

I'm sewing away on my draperies.  I LOVE the fabric and since they drapes are long and heavy (for me) I need to move them alot to keep the fabric neat and orderly.  So it's a bit of exercise which is good! I lost my head yesterday and had 2 pieces of dark chocolate  :smitten:I was ready for whatever might be my punishment but I enjoyed it so very much that I think I felt BETTER the rest of the day.  Oh one step closer to normal?  Dare I think that way?

Smooches to all!! Maybe we will all be feeling better soon as Spring approaches!!!

Hi everyone, I’m having a torrid time after stopping Zopiclone. It’s been 3 weeks now since I stopped taking it, I was on it for 7 weeks total but built up tolerance relatively quickly. My sleep wasn’t great pre zop but it’s nothing compared to what I’m going through at the moment. I’m going two nights without sleep consistently and the sleep I am getting is not deep or restorative. Just wondering if anyone else has had extreme insomnia after stopping and how long it lasted. Part of me wonders if it is withdrawal induced at all and I’ve just got a psychological problem with sleep. Many thanks

[c6...]

Hi everyone, I’m having a torrid time after stopping Zopiclone. It’s been 3 weeks now since I stopped taking it, I was on it for 7 weeks total but built up tolerance relatively quickly. My sleep wasn’t great pre zop but it’s nothing compared to what I’m going through at the moment. I’m going two nights without sleep consistently and the sleep I am getting is not deep or restorative. Just wondering if anyone else has had extreme insomnia after stopping and how long it lasted. Part of me wonders if it is withdrawal induced at all and I’ve just got a psychological problem with sleep. Many thanks

Guaranteed it's withdrawal induced. At 3 weeks, it's not psychological.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to YouTube vids, but there's a great video from someone that talks about this. My experience was similar to yours. I'd recommend you start with reading this post I just posted in another part of the forum: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=250790.0

Thanks for the tips. I’m currently reeling after trying a supplement another buddy suggested that made me very sick for a couple of days so I’m just having a break but I’ll possibly try theanine x

[c6...]

Thanks for the tips. I’m currently reeling after trying a supplement another buddy suggested that made me very sick for a couple of days so I’m just having a break but I’ll possibly try theanine x

Can you tell me what supplement it was?

I don't think Theanine on its own will help you sleep. But it's good if you add it as a combo to a stack.

I also think your body needs supplements to repair the damage. I updated my thread, I don't want to repost the same stuff here.

I respect Dr. Ashton, but her information is from the 80's. A LOT of research on supplements have been done, and there ARE things to help all of us.