Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Ha Shayna, I am glad that it is autumn now, so less warm. How was your day Shayna? I hope that it was acceptable for you. I have had periods with very little sleep in my life and found these the most difficult. You must be very strong!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Ha Shayna, I am glad that it is autumn now, so less warm. How was your day Shayna? I hope that it was acceptable for you. I have had periods with very little sleep in my life and found these the most difficult. You must be very strong!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Thanks jerry x yes the cooler weather will help, I tend to run cold but it changes all the time with wd. Yes it’s very challenging and I will struggle but I am only 3 weeks off zopiclone so I need to remember it might take a while. I am seriously considering legal action after I heal. I’m going to talk to a lawyer at the insistence of my councilor. X

It’s very rainy here at the moment which I am thankful for so I can just relax at home x

Jerry she has good taste in music. What a coincidence

Yes, that is very nice! But she didn’t know who Miles Davis is... anyway she is a very nice open person! A bit of light during this hard taper period...

Wow she didn’t know who miles Davis is? Jerry I know u have been feeling a little off but I must say u are sounding happier in ur posts x It makes me so happy x

It is perhaps interesting to tell you I am not religious, but I am very much interested in NDE’s so called Near Death Experiences. These are experience one can have at the border of life and death. Common features are floating above your body, with 360 degree view, when your heart stops beating. A tunnel with light at the end. Meeting people, friends, family, who died in the past. A life review. Meeting spirits/jezus/God. Feeling very happy and joyfull over there. And much more. A Dutch scientist named Pim van Lommel has written a very good book about this topic; Consciousness beyond life. And I discovered a website (www.nderf.org) where thousands of NDE’s can be read. Knowing about this gives my life purpose, that that the suffering is not for nothing and that I will feel good and happy again when I die. Also that I will reunion with my mother again. Jerry

That’s lovely jerry x yes u will have ur mum waiting for you and I will have my brother x when I feel like this wd will kill me, I think oh well I get to see my brother. It’s amazing how many people experience nde and their stories are very similar

That’s lovely jerry x yes u will have ur mum waiting for you and I will have my brother x when I feel like this wd will kill me, I think oh well I get to see my brother. It’s amazing how many people experience nde and their stories are very similar

I had an half uncle, who had such an experience when he accidentally got electrocuted behind his house at a water reservoir in Australia.  It was very special for him. His experience was a kind of trip in a bus, a bit difficult to explain in words.

It is indeed special that so many people have similar experiences. That is the reason that I think that NDE’s are true.

Really interesting reading about the near death experiences. My husband had it when he had the cardiac arrest & heart attack. Was in ICU in medically induced coma. Saw himself looking down from above and was positive his Mum and Dad visited him even though both died over 10 years ago. Quite comforting in a way I guess to think you might experience that.

Wow that’s amazing. I had something strange happen to me similar. When me little boy was very ill (very touch and go) I heard my brothers voice say to me as clear as he was sitting next to me “it’ll be ok sis.” He had passed away a few days earlier. I swear I didn’t imagine it. I heard him. X

My hus band was very close to his Mum, maybe she was looking out for him. We were told if he survived first 24 hours would probably make it . He can't remember anything thankfully. Does make you think the near death experiences are real. I'm not particularly religious even though I went to convent school, but went to church 3 days after happened prayed he would wake up from coma and would know who we all were. Got text from my son during service saying he had come round, he recognised us all when got there does make me think sometimes you have someone up there looking after you.

I do believe there is something, I can see why going to church gives lot people comfort, depends on the church I guess, our local church is very friendly and I know quite few people who go there anyway.

:crazy: Another tough day here, even while I swam 800m in the pool. Try not to focus on it while watching some tv and a jazz podcast about altsax players and I am also playing Texas Hold’em poker. My virtual fake money amount is 550.000$. We have still a partial lockdown here, so bars and restaurants are closed. Luckily the pool is still open, but because the infection numbers are still growing we expect a full lockdown soon. So swmming...? I try not think about it.  :sick: Jerry

You are doing well to be able to go swimming I  do Yoga every day that's it.Scotland & Wales in lockdown and large part oF England. Think lot people unhappy as it doesn't seem to stop infections and lot people end up loosing their jobs plus we've got Brexit  looming. All bit depressing don't know what solution is.

Sleep well Jerry and Leann.

I hope you're having a great day. I read the earlier post about NDE. My two cents is this...

They're real. The man upstairs is REAL. He allows them to happen to people so they can tell us as evidence of him. But we're not supposed to discuss religion on the forum so I'll leave the subject alone. I'll gladly answer any PM about what I KNOW FOR CERTAIN. I can't discuss my experience here.

How's the taper going? Sleeping well? Anything that is helping you? What's your diet look like? What's the hardest part about tapering?

Oh I didn’t realize. Xx thanks lady x safe to say we are all believers x

My taper is going...

I’m 6 days post cut from Valium and struggling. It’s just the same as before bad bad wave. Hardly sleeping but never feel sleepy. Just exhausted.

I’m trying to clean my diet up more but it isn’t really helping.

I don’t think it’s the tapering I find difficult I think it’s not being able to just jump. Too afraid or what that will look like.

How are you going lady? I know u are unwell right not but is there any change in boatiness x

Just saying hello, grateful for your shares. I like NDEs and the reassurance I feel when I've read them. I have found music to be a friend in this time but have to remember to use it. For so long I've felt overwhelmed by sounds and needing quiet. I still need quiet.

Lockdown, covid, Brexit, W/D and taper and life, moments that are hard or days, weeks, months, years.

Sending my love out to you friends on this journey ahead of me. Awesome for yoga and swimming and your shares.

I'm getting ready to drop down another 0.50mg on Ambien and I stopped Nortriptyline last week--that seemed to hurt my brain--made it harder to think sometimes. Sleeping well so far and also very motivated to walk every morning for the sleep at night. Been very busy and more productive on my taper than before. Felt meds gave me help but now think meds were taking my life-energy from me.

We had someone doing a big project in our yard that was chaos and noise and clutter and mess and a lot of work for me and my husband too. I felt a lot of tension for these 2 days and am so glad it just got completed. I need rest and peace and serenity and order so much. Monday is 2 weeks since last taper so hope to feel ready then, but know I need to heal and rest from so much work/hecticness.

I don't feel I know how to rest or relax really but am working on it with singing to myself a little, laying on my bed, petting my dog, stuff like that. My mind is so busy and I quit coffee. Eat some sugar sometimes when I feel really tired in the day.

:-* :-* :-*

Ha Shayna, Leann and Ladyden and all other ladies, is it a female thing to taper a z-drugs? Anyway, today was not really a good day for me. Because yesterday was not good I decided to go back one taper step yesterday evening. This was no success so tonight I’ll return to my current taper amount. I watched the last stage of the Giro on tv today while listening to Lenny Kravitz. I’ll go to my father now for pancakes. Have a nice evening. Jerry  :thumbsup:

You can join the Faith Forum and talk about religion and share NDE's.

Thx Becks! I didn't know we had a faith forum.  :thumbsup: I truly believe that our spiritual lives are important to help deal with this. Everyone is entitled to whatever they believe but I'm telling you when you hit rock bottom you will cry out for " oh my god please! Jesus on high help me! Lord have mercy!"  :laugh:

I'm not making fun of anyone but I'm saying I've seen this happen to non-believers many times!