Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

I’ve started my Valium taper, on 1.75mg stay here 8 days, if no sxs will drop to 1.5, from there I’m going to drop slowly based on how I’m feeling. I have a plan but we know with this bs that plans need to be tossed out sometimes x

Ha Lady and Shayne, I will write it down when I do my next step. I guess it is two weeks a step. I am so glad to have cat around me. Tonight he came running from another room and jumped on my lap, sat down, and started purring. A sign for me that he is really happy being together with me. It helps a bit in hard times. I often wish I could be him for a while because he clearly has emotions and enjoys life. I already explained that I am emotionally flat so....

Jerry let that cats happiness rub off on you. You're not emotionless. You're only having withdrawal. Someone on here who wrote about what's happening in our brain says to call it recovery. Because that's exactly what's happening. It's ok that you're flat emotionally. You've been through a lot. Give yourself permission to be that way for a bit. You'll get your emotions back soon.  :thumbsup: in the meanwhile have you ever watched the don't laugh challenge on YouTube?

Hello.  I have had "some" Tinnitus for a few months now.  I had been on the same dose of Ambien and Klonopin, as you'll see in my signature, until some recent taper changes.  I was able to reduce my Ambien from 10mg to 5mg, without very much trouble and still sleep well.  No the obvious w\d symptoms.  And I just began my Klonopin taper, 5%.

The Tinnitus feels like it has increased.

I was wondering if those of you who have tapered or CT Ambien, found that the Ambien was the cause of the Tinnitus.  I am purely just interested in your thoughts.  I do not plan to updose the Ambien, and feel it's best to stay at 5mg of Ambien during my Klonopin taper to help me sleep.

But open to thoughts and experience findings too!

Thanks folks.

Hi one day, I can’t speak to Ambien so will let Ambien buddies chime in here, but I have to say to drop from 10-5mg and still sleeping well is a great sign x I’m sorry about tinnitus x well done keep going x

Yes Ambien is highly toxic to the ears! Your tinnitus will improve or go away but it will take awhile. I still have it and I'm 4 months post jump on tomorrow. It will intensify as you taper and after you've finished. But, it will have varying levels of loudness as you have windows and waves. I know it's annoying. Do your best to ignore it and your brain will compensate by putting it in the background. If you focus on it, it will seem loud. Hope this helps you.

Agree with LadyDen about not focusing on the tinnitus.  I have it too and the only time I notice it is when I'm reading here on the forum about it and then I check to see if I have it and there it is.  All the rest of the time I am not noticing it because I'm focused on my other more bothersome symptoms.  If only I could not notice all the muscle and nerve pain.

Oneday: I went from 10mg Ambien to 5 mg at the start of my taper, and I felt better almost immediately because I was in tolerance withdrawal for over a year without knowing it.  I am not on any other drugs.

I am not a patient person.  Only in month 3 and cannot wait for this nightmare to be over, but such a long way to go. So thankful for this forum and all of you who understand what we are going through.  Hugs to all!

Hi has anyone just taken the odd zopiclone  after being off long time? Anti depressants really screwed me up with awful mental symptoms. Now had few really bad nights and As result of the anti depressants got permanently inflamed sinus as well.Just can't cope with the mental stuff on top of no sleep. Just hoping as was only 1.87mg hasn't done too much damage. Def wouldn't do proper reinstatement.

Hey hey, because I had such a tough day yesterday, for one time I went back to my previous taper amount. So today I feel much better, especially in the evening. I had quite an active day, I went swimming, had a saxophone lesson, went to my father for a meal. Now I am watching some tv. Tonight I will return to my current taper amount. How was your day?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :idiot:

Hi has anyone just taken the odd zopiclone  after being off long time? Anti depressants really screwed me up with awful mental symptoms. Now had few really bad nights and As result of the anti depressants got permanently inflamed sinus as well.Just can't cope with the mental stuff on top of no sleep. Just hoping as was only 1.87mg hasn't done too much damage. Def wouldn't do proper reinstatement.

Deanna, good to hear from you! How are you feeling? I'm just now in month 4 as of yesterday. Keep up the good work. What's your worst symptoms? Has any left?

Leann, I would never go take a out of the blue dose because it defeats the purpose of getting the drug out of the system. Also you're risking getting dependent on it and making your withdrawal worse. Me personally after doing all the work of tapering, going through acute and now starting to feel better, I wouldn't even consider it as an option. Perhaps that's why you're constantly feeling bad? Your body can't really heal unless you're not introducing it to the offending medication. Also, I think it would greatly benefit you to express some positivity. I know you feel terrible but constantly focusing on it isn't going to help. Matter of fact, IMO it makes it worse. I've heard of many buddies on here that shifted their mentality to positive and started healing faster! It's very true that the body follows the head. What are some of your symptoms that have improved or left? What do you enjoy? What puts a smile on your face? Is there something that you've always wanted to learn to do?

Grab that doom & gloom by the horns and show him who's boss! Distract yourself from it. Hang in there, sweetie. You simply just need more time.

Hey hey, because I had such a tough day yesterday, for one time I went back to my previous taper amount. So today I feel much better, especially in the evening. I had quite an active day, I went swimming, had a saxophone lesson, went to my father for a meal. Now I am watching some tv. Tonight I will return to my current taper amount. How was your day?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :idiot:

Hey Jerry. Good to hear from u. Yes the tough days will happen. It's part of the process. I'm concerned that you went backwards a bit. But I'm glad that you feel better. Maybe next time you get in a bad place, you might want to just ride it out and hold a few more days. Saxophone lessons going well? I'm doing ok. Had a rocky morning as I do each morning but feeling it lift now. Most of my symptoms are physical. Keep us posted. Do the best you can not to go backwards. Dr Ashton says it's better to just hold your dose.

Deanna, good to hear from you! How are you feeling? I'm just now in month 4 as of yesterday. Keep up the good work. What's your worst symptoms? Has any left?

Leann, I would never go take a out of the blue dose because it defeats the purpose of getting the drug out of the system. Also you're risking getting dependent on it and making your withdrawal worse. Me personally after doing all the work of tapering, going through acute and now starting to feel better, I wouldn't even consider it as an option. Perhaps that's why you're constantly feeling bad? Your body can't really heal unless you're not introducing it to the offending medication. Also, I think it would greatly benefit you to express some positivity. I know you feel terrible but constantly focusing on it isn't going to help. Matter of fact, IMO it makes it worse. I've heard of many buddies on here that shifted their mentality to positive and started healing faster! It's very true that the body follows the head. What are some of your symptoms that have improved or left? What do you enjoy? What puts a smile on your face? Is there something that you've always wanted to learn to do?

Grab that doom & gloom by the horns and show him who's boss! Distract yourself from it. Hang in there, sweetie. You simply just need more time.

It's lot harder to cope with when you have mental symptoms I could cope with physical stuff. Tried distractions for 20 months , symptoms have just got worsens time has gone on, the anti depressants at GP's suggestion have undoubtably made things worse. But I think most of the people on here who have bad mental symptoms find it harder to cope with and generally take longer to improve and is often the reason why people reinstate. I appreciate trying have a positive attitude can help and if you are able to is a good thing, but not that easy when you have intrusive thoughts 24/7 for last 20 months. Doing exposure therapy at the moment which will hopefully improve things. I am sure physical symptoms can be equally challenging for people but they do seem to wax and wane bit more whereas the mental stuff is constant

Hi all x glad ur feeling better jerry x I’m in a wave atm so have been a bit quiet. I took a phenergan last night night it didn’t help me sleep and now I feel terrible so that was a bad idea. Another day in bed today. Zero sleep 2 days I’m so so tired. X

Yes so sorry you're feeling terrible. Phenergan probably didn't help. It has some pretty rough side effects. It will dry you out and up to 48 hours it can cause heart flutters. So be on the look out for that. Please drink extra water. If your flutters get too bad, lay on your left side and breath slow in & out. Feel better soon Shay  :thumbsup:

What dose phenergan did you take. I've got 25mg but need take 2 to really work. They work for me but do tend to make anxiety worse next day x

so today I am back at my current taper amount and I feel quite ok. I am considering to make a jazz podcast, so I am trying to find out how to do that. I have nothing else in my agenda for today. My cat is sitting next to me, waiting for his afternoon meat meal. And after that I am going to practice on my alt sax...

Ha Shayna, wonderful that you had some sleep! That gives a bit of hope. I sometimes think about the inventor of zopiclone (z-drugs). Did he realize what we have to go through to to get rid off this pill. How tough it is, what a hell it is.  :idiot: That it is so addictive...

It’s Terrible isn’t it? It makes me so angry jerry. I was a normal person before I took benzos. Just had trouble sleeping every now and then. Oh well we just have to keep trying don’t we x that’s all we can do x but I find it hard to believe that there is no way of taking legal action against these companies

What do you like to do when you're awake early early?????

Hello, tonight will be 3 weeks into my taper. I'm so new, so new that I could fade away and not be here ... if I don't participate and check in. Lots of short nights, waking between 3 and 5 after going to sleep around 10.

How to make the best use of my time? My mind wakes up so fast ... then I stretch a little in bed and sometimes I want to stay in bed other times I want to get up, but my soul would like more rest!!! Need to find something to listen to online in the wee hours.

I have so much time to get stuff done, which I have been doing, also have more energy and drive. Just don't want to crash from the effects of less sleep, makes fibromyalgia worse and affects my mental state. Right now is a hard time of year for me, the cold and dark hit me like a ton of bricks. Must make some joy in being inside a lot.

i have to walk every morning, it's a must do for my sleep routine. Luckily I have my dog so he needs it as much as I do!