Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Ha Ladies, this sunday I felt better than yesterday, even though the swimming pool is still closed. i am still happy with my new coffee machine, I am making a lot of cappuccino’s. In the evening decafé’s of course. At the moment I am watching an art competition on tv, I gives me some motivation to go painting again in the near future. How was your sunday? I had a meal at my fathers house and together we watched the national football competition, and our club AZ won again.  :thumbsup: Jerry

btw. We also watched a program with classical music which is on tv each sunday...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday jerry. U have some great interests and wonderful u share them with ur dad. X I had family over for afternoon tea was very nice.

Kachina GI symptoms are very common in wd. That is one of my worst symptoms. X

My sleep meditation is only 13 min so I'm pretty much still awake when it ends and I remove the earphones and put the phone under my husbands pillow (he's sleeping in another bedroom last 2 years - sad about this but what else can we do for now?)...

Another very symptomatic day...pain moves around frequently now which is different.  Is different good?  IDK...

LadyDen I think I know what you mean about the carnival ride.  Interesting that your symptoms have changed too.  I guess that means something, but what exactly?

I'm also getting alot of "physiological" anxiety.  I say physiological bc there is no mental worry associated with it, just the tingly uneasiness in my nerves.  I used to get it in the morning with the cortisol surges, but now seems to be back and forth all day.

I think I'm rambling and not very mentally coherent right now.  Sorry everyone :-(

I'm not exactly sure but I know it's part of the healing. If things don't shift around then it can't repair. Although we get a new kind of " don't feel good", it's necessary. Right now my shift is kicking my booty!  :laugh: back to back waves of intense pushing pulling sensation and concussion feeling. I'm taking several steps forward then couple of steps back. But the good thing I'm noticing is that once it stops putting me in waves, it disappears! Pops back in very slightly then pops back out shortly afterwards. The other day, for example, I had sinus pressure again but it lasted a couple of hours very mild intensity. Back in acute, it made me cry from the pain. I haven't had sinus headache in nearly 2 months.

Lady u are seeing some big changes lately that is such a good sign xx if jack would piss off, u would be so much closer. I think jack might be taking his court case out on u... he needs to lay off the booze. ( Johnny depp just got fired from fantastic beasts) Did u see Maggie will be staring in the new season of the crown? Hopefully that means she’ll be too busy to bother me. Bugger off u bloody awful old bag (said in best Brit accent)  :D

2 years. Before that I used temazepam on and off for maybe a year. But I didn’t take it every night. Maybe once a week. Then more snd more as tolerance/stress grew then I got swapped to zoplicone then that’s when things took a turn. Anxiety thru the roof. I of course had no idea what was wrong and just thought I was stuck in a bad insomnia pattern. Then my dr thought let’s try rohypnol. I cold turkeyed off that - the worst 5 days of my life. Well actually that’s debatable. They are some of the worst days. I had horrific akathisia I couldn’t stop moving. Anyway. Then I went back to zop and got stuck there until I finally weaned off.

Then a handsome prince came and kissed me and it all ended and I lived happily ever after. ( just sounds better to end on a happy note than all doom and gloom) :)

Shayna, ohhhh, children waking you!!! I feel for you, actually I got started on ambien due to kid noise amping me at night. May you sleep more and well very soon.

Deanna, I really like hearing what you have to say, I hope I'll learn more about the CNS and the things you talk about.

LadyDen, your symptoms sound really challenging, I don't like those carnival rides. You are SO strong. What is your prize?!!! What's with broccoli?! I love broccoli.

Jerry, congratulations!

ALL OF YOU are so strong. I'm so grateful to see comments.

I'm having bad stomach cramps, wonder if it's due to my taper off ambien, 6 weeks now, but just down 1.50mg. Has anyone else had this? It's only a few times a day, but doesn't seem related to eating or not eating...and haven't had anything like it before. I'm okay though.

KEEP GOING

I'm not sure but it seems I'm not the only one broccoli doesn't like. It's high in glutamate is what I'm told.

Also yes Ambien is known to give you stomach issues. It will come and go.

Ha Ladies, this sunday I felt better than yesterday, even though the swimming pool is still closed. i am still happy with my new coffee machine, I am making a lot of cappuccino’s. In the evening decafé’s of course. At the moment I am watching an art competition on tv, I gives me some motivation to go painting again in the near future. How was your sunday? I had a meal at my fathers house and together we watched the national football competition, and our club AZ won again.  :thumbsup: Jerry

btw. We also watched a program with classical music which is on tv each sunday...

Happy your team won jerry. My Saints play tonight. They better show up & show out! Or else no more gumbo and beignets for them! Cappuccino sounds great I miss drinking those. I've started back drinking decaf every blue moon. So far no problems. I'm looking forward to painting again as well.

2 years. Before that I used temazepam on and off for maybe a year. But I didn’t take it every night. Maybe once a week. Then more snd more as tolerance/stress grew then I got swapped to zoplicone then that’s when things took a turn. Anxiety thru the roof. I of course had no idea what was wrong and just thought I was stuck in a bad insomnia pattern. Then my dr thought let’s try rohypnol. I cold turkeyed off that - the worst 5 days of my life. Well actually that’s debatable. They are some of the worst days. I had horrific akathisia I couldn’t stop moving. Anyway. Then I went back to zop and got stuck there until I finally weaned off.

Then a handsome prince came and kissed me and it all ended and I lived happily ever after. ( just sounds better to end on a happy note than all doom and gloom) :)

That anxiety is hell on hell. I'm hoping Maggie and Mamoa leave you alone real soon. The handsome prince will replace them both.  :laugh: you crack me up.

That anxiety is hell on hell. I'm hoping Maggie and Mamoa leave you alone real soon. The handsome prince will replace them both.  :laugh: you crack me up.

The handsome prince (chris Pratt - yewwww and so funny too) he’s gunna beat up mamoa (well he’s gunna try) and slap Maggie up and drag their sorry asses the hell outta here. Any day now....  :thumbsup:

I know I’ve totally lost the plot it’s the Benzos y’all for reals  8)

Ha all tapering z-drug people, today is tougher than normal for me.  :crazy: The only thing I can do is sit on the couch . There’s less distraction for me today. It is almost cat feeding time. Pip gets his meat at 15 O clock. I think I will play some poker after that on my Ipad. At around 16:30 I get a visit from a mental health care worker. I get this visit weekly on monday. The whole day trough I can facetime with a Tele Care employee too. Have a nice day! Jerry  :thumbsup:

Happy Monday everyone, loving the conversation--you crack me up!

Lady, you're riding out a storm, omg. I love hearing that this is part of healing and things are moving ... changing and getting better even if you don't feel better. Concussion pressure, oh dear. Gone away, oh good!!

I admire people's successfull use of technology, I'm far behind but if need be will learn how to listen to something by my bed, obviously I know how to listen to my phone by my bed, but was last to the smart phone party and my mind goes blank when I try to learn things on it, or remember what I've learned such as downloading songs or meditations!!! I should write the directions down to refer to.

Jerry, Monday sounds like a good day to start off with mental health support especially since your day is worse than normal! I like having a counselor right now and get to see her online.

Slept okay, grateful, it wasn't great sleep but it wasn't awful. The cold weather adds to the pain I'm feeling. I lay on a roller and massage my thighs, hips, butt and back and even bottoms of my feet. I love it and it gives me some relief ... so going to start my day with that. But it's too cold to do it on the floor so will do it on my bed. The cramps and pain in my hips and thighs is the hardest thing to deal with. But last night I had a good cry too. Feel a lot of tension in my body.

With you all. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Hey zs x

I don’t know if I sleep at all really. It doesn’t feel like I do I just lose time for a couple of hours. I feel exhausted today and I know I was “awake” from 1. I try to go back to sleep I just don’t. God I miss it so much.

Kachina I’m sorry ur in pain, I’ll be interested to see if it leaves u once ur off. I had terrible pain through out this journey but it’s not as bad now, not every day anymore. Heat packs and mag baths were my saviors

Jerry it’s great u have someone coming to see u today. I have a councilor who comes once a week just to make sure I’m ok. I cried the whole time he was with me last week he just sat with me and let me cry. He’s lovely. He’s coming again Thursday to help me with my paperwork to get my superannuation.

Stay strong team z  :thumbsup:

On the opposite the building where I live, they are busy with making a new railway station. Until now there is not much noise disturbance, but today a pile driver arrived. They didn’t start with it today, so I don’t know how loud it will be and how late they will start tomorrow. If it is too much for me, I will go to my fathers house and stay there. Today was also quite tough again qua tapering, I felt very drowsy. Even my father saw it when I had my dinner with him.  :thumbsup: Jerry

Am I the only one here with height fear?

Hello Team Z (I like that name that Shayna thought of...)

With regard to meditations, I saw this reference to https://www.brainsync.com/ from SSR1975 and thought I would give it a try.  I'm intrigued by the concept of listening to the different frequencies to help our brain reach the needed slow wave activity.  SSR1975 postulated that we are stuck in beta activity going through withdrawal and need more delta (deep sleep) and theta waves.  Last night I listened to "Sound Healing" when I got into bed, and I didn't even make it all the way through (47 min) which surprised me.  I fell asleep and awoke a short time later to take out my earphones, but then had one of the best night's sleep in YEARS. Only woke up twice, made sure I didn't look at the clock, and got up when sun was rising at 7am.  I swear that Ambien was toxic sleep all those years.

Anyway I'll report back if it keeps helping the rest of this week.  I thought I would share what appears to be a small helpful activity.  I paid $9.99 for the soundtrack but there are a few free tracks available to sample on the Meditation.Me smartphone app.

Bless us all going forward!

D

Thanks dee, there’s a new one ng posted on sleep track scale thread on insomnia group too but not available in aus x I’ll try urs tonight x

On the opposite the building where I live, they are busy with making a new railway station. Until now there is not much noise disturbance, but today a pile driver arrived. They didn’t start with it today, so I don’t know how loud it will be and how late they will start tomorrow. If it is too much for me, I will go to my fathers house and stay there. Today was also quite tough again qua tapering, I felt very drowsy. Even my father saw it when I had my dinner with him.  :thumbsup: Jerry

Am I the only one here with height fear?

Keep going jerry. Ur doing great x never ever give up x

Wow Shay I love Team Z!  :thumbsup: I'm hoping you'll catch some sleep tonight. Your counsellor sounds lovely. We all need compassion and empathy. Others don't know it but this is not easy. It's not something we can explain to the point that they " get it". I'm happy that you have that shoulder to cry on.

Jerry sounds like you need to pack a week long bag to go to your dads house for a bit. That noise outside your place will make your anxiety through the roof. Trust me when I tell you stress is NOT our friends during this.

Deanna, I often listen to music/meditate. It's the only way I've been able to go through this. Music is healing to many people. I'm so glad it's working for you. I also get to sleep fairly quickly with music. It is played in NICU or pediatric wards quite often. The babies that aren't played music, take longer to become well. The same experiment was tried on cancer patients with the same result.

Kachina, I oftentimes wonder what my life would be like now if I never took Ambien. When I was still tapering I wondered what it would be like off it. Although I feel rough most days (just recently) I know I made the right choice and will NEVER take a sleep pill again. Atleast not a doctor prescribed one. So I have to be strong to let my body do what it was born to do. Yes technology is so advanced. Can y'all even remember when everyone had a house phone? With the long cord so you can sneak to your room to make calls! :laugh: I just saw a commercial for adjustable bed that lifts your head if you snore. And if it works, they should give one free to every wife with a deepest sympathy card.  :laugh: 

Yes the cold weather is terrible for muscle and joint sufferers. Time to keep the heating blanket or pad handy. My feet are always ice cold year round. so I was in Walgreens one day and saw long socks that keep your feet warm. I bought 3 pair! They work great!!!!!!!!

Hey LadyDen, are those long socks battery powered or something? I was thinking of getting some sort of heated loungewear to keep me warm because I am always cold in winter.  Not my favorite season but a good time to hunker down and heal.

No they are just designed to hold the heat. Honestly I didn't think they'd work as well but they did. I've never heard of heated loungewear but I have some very warm loungewear and PJs from a catalog for older people.  :laugh: so soft comfy cozy warm! And priced very reasonably. If you'd like the info please PM me. I didn't want to post just in case we're not supposed to advertise.

Wow Shay I love Team Z!  :thumbsup: I'm hoping you'll catch some sleep tonight. Your counsellor sounds lovely. We all need compassion and empathy. Others don't know it but this is not easy. It's not something we can explain to the point that they " get it". I'm happy that you have that shoulder to cry on.

He usually talks to people with major drug problems and mental health problems and my case is a first for him. He is actually very hands on and has managed to get some funding to send me to a therapist who specializes in benzo wd. He’s got me an appointment with a man in December so fingers crossed. He also is looking into legal action options for me. I’m lucky I got a good one x

I just left my dr as I had made an appointment with her to discuss my taper via benzo clinic here where I live discussing with her best way forward. Instead I spent the whole appointment with her discussing that I need psychological therapy because the severe insomnia I’m struggling with is not because of the medication at all and that it’s my preoccupation with stressful life that’s keeping me from sleeping. That the other symptoms I’m struggling with are psychosomatic. I ended up walking out of her office. I am so angry and sick and tired of her trying to say all this is my fault. She won’t take on any responsibility at all for what’s happened. Why do drs continually ignore the evidence of what these drugs are capable of? I agree some counseling would be beneficial in working thru the trauma of wd but so tired of her not being open to the possibility that I might be right. She’s been my dr for 18 years. She knew me before I had children. I’m devastated that she has said this to me and never want to go back to her office. But... of course I need the scripts don’t I. Sorry for the vent just tired of fighting for some kind of recognition of what’s happened here.

Jerry sounds like you need to pack a week long bag to go to your dads house for a bit. That noise outside your place will make your anxiety through the roof. Trust me when I tell you stress is NOT our friends during this.

Ha Ladyden,

I am lucky, the pile driver makes no noise. So no stress for me. I am still not feeling good, but I feel a bit better than yesterday. A tiny bit. And a tiny bit is still something. My father came here yesterday evening and told me that he had heard that the public buildings will open again next week; theater’s, museums, cinemas and.....  swimming pools...

I hope this is true. I am really looking forward to a dive....  :thumbsup: Jerry

Ha Ladyden,

I am lucky, the pile driver makes no noise. So no stress for me. I am still not feeling good, but I feel a bit better than yesterday. A tiny bit. And a tiny bit is still something. My father came here yesterday evening and told me that he had heard that the public buildings will open again next week; theater’s, museums, cinemas and.....  swimming pools...

I hope this is true. I am really looking forward to a dive....  :thumbsup: Jerry

Oh wow jerry things are opening again so soon? That’s a great sign! Glad u are feeling a little better than yesterday a little bit is a lot x