Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Pancakes sounds delicious Jerry! Do you know how to cook? What's your favorite meal?

No tapering z drug is not just for ladies. I know it seems that way probably because it's mostly ladies here.

Stay calm. This is when you should incorporate your coping tools, meditation, comforting things. Make a warm glass of milk or tea. It's ok that you can't sleep. This is expected. Right? So now it's time to distract yourself to not get too overwhelmed. Listen to ocean waves, waterfall, soft rain on YouTube. Lay there and picture being in a spa room with lovely rose petals everywhere. Breathe slowly and easy with your eyes closed. Just rest.

:'( It’s getting worse not better. Everyone says it slowly got better but I’m getting less sleep every week. I’m sorry I’m just so scared

Pancakes sounds delicious Jerry! Do you know how to cook? What's your favorite meal?

No tapering z drug is not just for ladies. I know it seems that way probably because it's mostly ladies here.

These were ready-made pancakes. It was ok, but not as nice as self made ones.  Since my mother died in july my father (And I) has not really cooked. In my condition, cooking is not something I like to do. When I had a relation (19 years ago) I cooked often and enjoyed it too. I hope I can pick it up again when my condition improves. Something i really enjoy is pea soup with smoked sausage. It is a traditional Dutch meal. My mother cooked it so nice... Jerry

Yes that's true. It gets worse first then it gets better. In your case you're still on Valium. So you're not benzo free. What you're experiencing is tolerance or interdose withdrawal. Rebound insomnia from being off the zop. So this is expected to happen. I know it's tough, sweetie. You won't die from not sleeping well. I know it feels that way. Please don't be afraid. Understanding what's happening will ease your fear. Firstly, please try not to focus so much on not sleeping. Try to have the if I do OK and if I don't OK attitude. In other words don't give that Maggie your power. Some nights even back to back you will not sleep well. On those nights it's a great idea to have a plan you put in place to not stress about it. Stressing or being too upset makes it worse. What kind of plan do you have for sleepless nights?

:'( It’s getting worse not better. Everyone says it slowly got better but I’m getting less sleep every week. I’m sorry I’m just so scared

Hi Shayna, I hope you can stay strong. The reason I chose for a slow taper is to give my brain the time to adapt to the lowerIng amounts of zopiclone. I know I can’t handle bad sleep. So I want to prevent that I come in such situation. I learned this from my two previous taper attempts. Hurry is the enemy of a successful taper. I don’t want to say you do it wrong, everyone has its one way to deal with this.

Jerry

I know it feels sooo scary, I have felt that way a lot.

I love LadyDen's truth telling  ... and we just have to get through one day and then one night ... but I am sleeping and still feel scared, the dependency for so long. Physical pain is daunting and sleep is a reprieve from that and from emotional anguish.

Being kind to ourselves ... getting through, whatever it takes to do so ... aside from backsliding. I like that, hurry is not a friend to successful tapering. Holding a dose is a secure place until we're ready. I'm holding hope for all of us.

Sorry for the loss of your Mom and the nurturing food she made, a good time for soup right now.

I had a hard day, a lot of pain and not feeling well. I did more exercise than usual and it back fired. Now I"m online later than I want to be, but wanting to check in and connect.

Thanks everyone for your words.  :smitten:

Well I’m just gonna tell it like it is. Today.... I feel like dog crap. If I could use the Poo emoji on here, there would be shit all over this post.  8) Just sayin

Oh my gosh Shay. That's not good. You're on day 26 or 27 off zop? You're in acute withdrawal. This is very unpleasant but normal. Please rest rest rest. Your body is telling you to slow down a bit. You should hold your Valium to stabilize. I'm praying for you. Feel better soon  :smitten:

A little update from me; I have a tough day again. I know it is taper related.  :idiot: My agenda is empty for today. So I am planning to practice on my tenor sax in an hour. Yesterday I had a great lesson with Dirk, my teacher. He played on his flute, I played on my soprano saxophone. We played some jazz music  :thumbsup: Jerry

Hello kachina jerry Shay & everyone. I'm hoping that you all are doing better today. I think we all are taking turns with the benzo monster making us feel horrible. But we must keep pressing on. We have to get through this one day at a time. If you can't do that then one hour or minute at a time.

Shay I'm praying for you sweetie. I know you're having a hard time with acute withdrawals. I miss you being on here giving us a laugh. Get well soon.

Kachina you're so kind. I'm proud of your positivity. You're so right about being kind to ourselves. It's important to be gentle in our situations because we are healing. Like having a sprained ankle. You don't go run marathons instead you rest the foot wrap it up for support and use ice. Th n time will heal it if you don't disrupt it.

Jerry I feel your pain. I hope you'll get a good window soon and play that sax the best you've ever done. If you feel too badly then hold your dose to stabilize the best you can. Rest yourself. How's your appetite and stomach?

Hi all x Thanku for ur support. Sending lots of love and helping ur way. I feel like I’ve been run over by a Mack truck, but better than yesterday x think someone will be making roadkill gumbo out of me soon x haha. I hope u all have a window today  :smitten:

Roadkill gumbo  :laugh: don't go near my home state of Louisiana or they sure will.  :laugh:

Good that you're feeling better somewhat. There's another hurricane headed there again. I'm hoping this is the last one. This year has been hell with hurricanes making landfall in the same areas. My family is worn out from them. And it wasn't just hurricanes but also tropical storms in between.

Anyway.....wishing everyone windows & big hugs

Gosh between tornadoes and hurricanes u guys really do cop it x we have had lots of rain this week but suns out today. I’ll try to sit outside today couldn’t yesterday. We’re heading into cyclone season now we haven’t had any big ones for a couple of years. I’ll be watching ur election this weekend! We have our election for our state Saturday hope I can get out of bed for that  ::)

What do you do when cyclone hits? Do you have underground shelter? How bad does it get?

Yes I think going outside would be good for you. Just be careful not to over heat. It can make you very sick.

Our election is going to be wild! I'm hoping for a nice new change. I'll watch it as well.

How often do you have election?

What's your current dose?

They don’t usually come down to where we are but we get the bad weather. But up north they get hit bad. I just took kids to school and walking there from car was enuf vision is bad today. Biden seems a bit dodery so don’t know if he’s a great choice but what’s the alternative? Same here all politicians are bad doesn’t matter who u vote for. Our premier (state leader) is hopefully going to get voted out. She let tom banks in without sending him to compulsory hotel quarantine but there was 2 families trying to get thru boarder to see dying relatives and she wouldn’t let them thru. Said reason she let hanks in was because of the money it generated. Also a lady who was pregnant with twins suddenly went into early labor and tried to get to nearest hospital with neo natal Ward which was over our boarder, wasn’t allowed across and subsequently lost one of her babies. Disgusting. So I’ll be dragging myself there to help vote her out.

Hi Everyone, politics, covid, weather and withdrawal!!! Life, alive, together. I feel for the struggle. I went down by 0.50mg of Ambien 2 nights ago and have been struggling.

Had to go off news for a couple of weeks recently, watching it last night and learned of the Z storm, lol, no pun intended. Zelda I think, hope you and yours are all okay in it, LadyDen, see that it hit land.

Shayna, ohhhh sorry you're having such bad symptoms, glad others here know and understand. Are you in the UK? Lightspacer are you in the Netherlands? I'm trying to follow and remember!

Very spacy today--I did a dumb thing I feel a little ashamed of, I took Benadryl last night as had so much struggle and pain for 2 days was afraid of not sleeping again. It was impulsive and I did sleep well and long ... after 4.5 weeks of mostly 5 or 6 hours of sleep I really freaked with the amount of pain I was in.

Tomorrow is a new day, to start again. I did pretty well today.

Thank you for listening.

Hi kachina ur doing great x don’t worry about Benadryl today is a new day. U are down 1.5mg so congrats! That’s fantastic u are on ur way x

Yes massive wave this week, hopefully means a get a bigger window. Today I am very weak but feeling less like I’m dying which is a relief. Just reading and resting. I’m in Australia actually and jerry is in Amsterdam  :)

Ohhhh, you're where it's WARM Shayna!!! I would like to live there 6 mos. of the year!

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words, MUCH appreciated.

Very glad to hear that you feel better than at death's door, ugh! Always something to appreciate I guess. Hope it's a good day.

Just wondered if anyone else had bad mental symptoms since stopping or weaning these drugs. It seems majority people seem have more physical symptoms?

I’ve had mental stuff Leann. Bad anxiety and depression. Intrusive thoughts (as in constantly thinking about what’s wrong with me searching for reasons) not so much ocd maybe mild ocd