Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Just the OCD stuff really hard to deal with feel like really am going nuts at times . Husband says don't believe what my eyes are seeing just about sums it up. Feel so sorry for people who've had it for years.

Hi Everyone! I need your help. I have had to take 7mg ambien for 14 days. Will I have withdrawals? How should I stop? Very slowly is always the best for me. How long should I do holds?

I wanted to cross over to Klonopin since I am going through an insanely stressful time in my life and need relief ... and then just slowly taper off klonopin after using it for a week.

I have tapered off of Klonopin several years ago after being on it for a year. it took 1.5 years to get off of. Im extremely sensitive so I am just very nervous that this is going to be hell again. I think I have PTSD from the Klonopin withdrawl.

Hello x welcome xx You have only been on Ambien 14 days so you should be able to come off ok

Why not do 1mg every day or so? Hold an extra couple of days if u need to. Please ask Klonopin question on Klonopin thread I don’t think most on here have experience on Klonopin but from what I have said I would definitely not go on Klonopin. After seeing so many people on here have so much trouble getting off it I would definitely say find an alternative but please ask Klonopin thread x other buddies will reply here re Ambien x all the best x

Ha ladies here, I had quite a good day, I went swimming early today. And later played on my tenor sax with new reeds. There is a lot of rain here today but that is ok with me. I made a playlist in spotify for a youthfriend, we share an era of music together. I have the mp3s still in my computer.

Cantstopwontstop, most of us here have used their z-drug for many years, including me. You can see it in my profile. So I guess you can do a taper a lot faster than us. I use a file to scratch bits of my pill and so do very small steps. Success! Jerry

Can't if I were you....please take my advice....I would do a fast walk down from the Ambien. 1mg per night reduction. You've not been on it long enough to cause any major withdrawals. But you have had a past benzo history of Klondike so your brain will react with some discomforts after your taper is done from the Ambien. But you'll do very well.

As far as starting Klonopin again. I would NOT do that if I were you. I understand that you're going through stress but everyone is going through something. We are in a world pandemic! My advice is to use something over the counter like calm's forte, chamomile tea, lavender aroma therapy, meditation, lemon grass tea, Benadryl, unisom or such like to help with your stress. If you go back on klonopin you're taking a very high chance of kindling or protracted withdrawal. And you'll undo the hard work your brain has done to recover from the first time you were on it. Save yourself the unnecessary agony! Find more natural ways of dealing with stress and anxiety. Yoga. Tai chi. Going for walks. Deep breathing. Counting slowly. There's so many to choose from. You can even do combinations.

Lots of rain here too Jerry. Hurricane blowing through! I hope it's the last one. Wow what a record this year. Is the pool indoors jerry? It's still very warm here but not hot enough to swim outside pool. Always good to hear from you. What songs are you learning?

Hugs Shay dear. Glad to see you doing better. You gave me a big scare. How much sleep did you get? Any weekend plans?

Can't if I were you....please take my advice....I would do a fast walk down from the Ambien. 1mg per night reduction. You've not been on it long enough to cause any major withdrawals. But you have had a past benzo history of Klondike so your brain will react with some discomforts after your taper is done from the Ambien. But you'll do very well.

As far as starting Klonopin again. I would NOT do that if I were you. I understand that you're going through stress but everyone is going through something. We are in a world pandemic! My advice is to use something over the counter like calm's forte, chamomile tea, lavender aroma therapy, meditation, lemon grass tea, Benadryl, unisom or such like to help with your stress. If you go back on klonopin you're taking a very high chance of kindling or protracted withdrawal. And you'll undo the hard work your brain has done to recover from the first time you were on it. Save yourself the unnecessary agony! Find more natural ways of dealing with stress and anxiety. Yoga. Tai chi. Going for walks. Deep breathing. Counting slowly. There's so many to choose from. You can even do combinations.

Agreed. Please feel free to read some of the boards about members suffering from Klonopin. I think this will be a great deterrent for you to go down that road x

Lots of rain here too Jerry. Hurricane blowing through! I hope it's the last one. Wow what a record this year. Is the pool indoors jerry? It's still very warm here but not hot enough to swim outside pool. Always good to hear from you. What songs are you learning?

Hugs Shay dear. Glad to see you doing better. You gave me a big scare. How much sleep did you get? Any weekend plans?

No sleep again. But when I realized it wasn’t going to happen I just accepted it. Started doing deep breathing. I got up and ate so it settled my stomach. I feel terrible but am trying to keep calm xx

Shayna!!! The Beach!!!

Leann, have you ever written in a journal? That has helped me a lot with my "mental" symptoms! Also reading what others say and share about their moods, feelings, etc. It helps to read others' feelings and thoughts. We are not alone, we share this big planet with many people who struggle, harder at some times of their lives. I certainly am one. I hope you're having a good day today.

I’ve been journaling the entire way thru this. No itching but this morning I felt like I was on fire when I got out of bed to lay on couch. Now I’m freezing

Ha Shayna, what things are still valuable in your life? What things make your days more tolerable? On what things can you focus instead of feeling bad. I can imagine it is hard to do, but maybe it can help you.

I can imagine, making a walk in the evening can help you to sleep better. Or sleep a bit at least. I guess you already have activities you do that help you.

Ladyden, yes the 50m pool is indoors, 30 people per hour. Tomorrow I’ll go again hopefully with mate Willem. He has a manic-depression disorder and is now in his depression period. I play a couple of songs by heart; Summertime, My favorite things, St Thomas, Lullaby of Birdland, Blue monk, Goodbye pork pie hat... but I also read songs from books... classic and jazz... And no, I have no itching at night..

i had an ok day. The cleaning woman was here, and we cleaned together. I played on my alto; some free improvisation and tone practice. A meal at my fathers house. Some tv too.. my life is basic at the moment, it is ok. I feel that I am almost stabilized, it is almost time for my next taper step. In the weekend I allow mySelf to eat small cup of Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough icecream....

Hi jerry yes my family is my focus. But it’s very difficult to keep any focus with 2 hrs sleep every other night. Right now I am trying really hard to prepare myself to get thru the day. It’s Halloween here so I have a big day ahead of me x

Oh jerry I haven't had ice cream in a long time. I might try some Sunday. I'm glad your enjoying swimming and have a friend to hang out with. A basic life is ok. We really don't need much for happiness. Just keep enjoying life.

Yes Shay distraction when you have symptoms is a must. Especially sleep deprivation. I feel so bad for you not sleeping well. Keep being strong. It will get better.

Our Halloween is tomorrow. Enjoy your holiday Shay. It will be a good distraction and family fun.

Oh no! Rain on Halloween night isn't good. Last year here it rained right before dark. Then stopped for a few hours then when all was done trick or treating it started back.

Today a swim day... I did 700m, so 14 lanes. This day is not bad. I had a nice chat with a yought friend. He lives in the Hague. Btw I am not living in Amsterdam but in Alkmaar, 40km above Amsterdam. I think tuesday night I will do the next taper step. So it takes about 14 days per step. Jerry