Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Ha strong ladies, the last couple of days were not really good for me. I don’t really know why, it doesn’t feel taper related. And corona or flue neither. I just watched ‘first dates’ a tv program where singles meet with each other. I see people who look so happy and are having fun or joy. And then I see myself; Feeling bad each day, without an emotional life for 18 years. i am never happy, not sad either, nothing. I feel more like a kind of zombie. I still hope it is zopiclone related and that my emotions will come back when I taperated it. But I am also using other mental medication, so these can also be the cause.  :idiot:

Jerry I’m sorry u are having a bad time. I think it’s probably the other medication. When I was on aps I felt like that. But as I went lower on the dose that Feeling lifted. Do you think ur pdoc could put u on a lower dose? I realize u may need to be on it but if u tell him that is taking ur joy he could lighten the dosage. X

Ha Shayna, thank you for your reply. I have learned from the past to do one thing at a time. So not taper more medicines at a time. So my plan is to first taper zopiclon and see what the effect it gives on me. And then change my other medication. How was your last night? I hope you caught some sleep!

That’s very wise jerry x and because they’re both sedating that’s could be the problem x I got a whole 3.5 hours last night! But u know what? I am so happy with that. I actually felt all nice and cozy when I woke up instead of feeling like a tiger was chasing me like I usually do. Happy days! What did u get up to today?

margaret-thatcher-1116202_1275.jpg

captain jack is much easier on the eye  :smitten:

I literally look like Maggie thatcher... dont u point your finger at me b*tch :tickedoff:

Sooooo funny!!!

Jerry, you must join us and name your worst symptom. Pick a character that fits it. Sorry you're feeling void. It's normal and will go away as you taper. There's funny old people dancing on YouTube and funny animals. It might give you a good laugh. Hang in there my friend

Yes jerry, Maggie and jack will keep “symptom” company! Looking forward to sending them packing but for now they are stuck to us like flies on shite ;) I’m swearing a lot aren’t I

Yes u r! Means you're feeling better! But be careful coz if the mods or admins see it, u might get in trouble. There is a no foul language in the forum rule. Privately is ok.

Smart idea. So today you're 10 days post jump? I'm on day 110. Some of my symptoms are gone or greatly diminished and some are improved a bit. Oh and a new one popped in & out. My sleep is about 5-7 hours a night. Takes me about an hour or hour and half to doze off because I get waves at bedtime. I'm hoping this changes soon. If it wasn't for night waves, I'd fall asleep pretty quick.

Wow day 110. I can’t wait to say that. Yep day 10 for me. I dropped to 1.75 Valium last night. Will hold on that for 10 days And see how I feel. I hope things turn around for u soon lady!! Onwards and upwards

10 days! Wow time is flying. But that's correct. I remember now that you used my 100 day milestone and jumped. You will get to 100 days. I'm glad you reduced the Valium. Way to go! After Valium you'll be benzo free sister. All you have to do is keep kicking Maggie away

Ur my inspiration! Maybe I’ll do next reduction at ur 120 days x I’ve got Maggie by the hair and I’m dragging her down the street for a walk :laugh:

:laugh: poor Maggie! She asked for that didn't she? You're my inspiration too. I'm more determined to get out of this bed because you're cheering me on. I'm gonna drag Jack too

:laugh: poor Maggie! She asked for that didn't she? You're my inspiration too. I'm more determined to get out of this bed because you're cheering me on. I'm gonna drag Jack too

She sure did ask for it! She’s all about control like a nazi dictator! U don’t need sleep why it’s so much more fun to feel like crap all day and all night...  :tickedoff: U need to make jack walk the plank! Stick him in the butt with ur sword harrrrrrr  :laugh:

Hi Ladies, nice to see your comments. 110 days!!! 10 days!!! AWESOME.

LadyDen, thanks for letting us know it can take you up to 1.5 hours to go to sleep. You are my heroine ... leading the way. Would that thought have scared you back in the days of having A take you away to dream land?

Shayna, congratulations!

Last weekend I had one night I didn't really sleep, I felt grouchy around 2:30 and got up at 4:30. The day was rough ... then I slept well as had the night prior. Then had a night where I woke at 3. But I ACCEPTED IT, now I EXPECT IT and am open minded. I am getting things done that I've wanted to attend to for years ... working full time and not feeling well there was a lot I didn't get to.

Also, I do see that a short night is being followed by a better sleep night. I have a new attitude! Thanks to the cool people here.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks kachina x u are doing really well, sleeping well after bad night is a good sign! U will be counting the days off soon before u know it! What’s ur dose? We are ur personal cheer squad! Gimme a K!  :smitten:

:D Kaysha,

K!!!

My dose is 9.50 and am keeping it for another week, so 3 weeks. Need to ride out the challenges to feel certain about going down, put some more success dealing with the ups and downs.

THANK YOU for saying it's a good sign that I sleep well after a hard night, but still, at such a tiny taper!!?! Congrats on your jump!

I can go 3 nights with hardly any sleep, so trust me, u are doing well. Even at high doses I still couldn’t sleep some nights. In 1 more week u will be at 9, not 10! It’s all downhill from there x as in numbers only xx  ;)

Today another day I am not feeling well, I think it must be taper related. Normally I don’t have this. I am now watching Nadal playing against Schwarzman, a half final, at Roland Garros in Paris. I love to watch tennis.  :thumbsup: Jerry

Thats no good jerry I’m sorry U arent feeling well. I’m feeling off today too. Horrible isn’t it. Almost forget what it’s like to feel normal it’s been so long. Hang in there how long since u reduced again now?

Hello Z buddies! You all are doing great inspite of having some not so great days or nights. I'm very proud of us all. This isn't easy! Having said that...it means we're all stronger than we thought.

Kachina, I'm loving your attitude of accept expect & embrace. You're so right, if you can't sleep then pull out your to do check list and GET ER DUN!  :laugh:

Jerry, sorry you're having a rough patch. It's ok and normal under the circumstances. Try not to let it get you down. Say to yourself " today wasn't what I wanted but it could have been worse!" Hang in there. And Shay is right about keeping up with when you reduce. Being too early or too late could give you horrible symptoms ( especially if you reduce too early). Write down reductions.We're here for each other to lean on.

Shay, sounds like you're noticing a pattern to your insomnia. That's a good thing coz it means you're healing a bit. You'll get another window soon. When will you start the Valium taper?