Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

You're welcome here any time! I'd love to visit Australia too. I've always wanted to pet a kangaroo or hold a baby koala. Louisiana is a seafood state too. Lots of fishing, and water activities. And we have swamps everywhere

Wow! We are so international on this thread! And Lady your son is wicked talented - very impressive  8)

I'm hanging in there...trying to not push myself too much and exacerbate my symptoms.  I had my annual physical yesterday and my Dr. was so proud of me.  Almost made me cry.  She was the one who figured out that the Ambien was making me ill, but never heard of the Ashton manual or benzobuddies, etc.  She took down the info which made me feel good that she is willing to investigate and learn for her patients. 

We all have a lot to look forward to guys and gals!  May we all have a good night!

Hugs Deanna. Thx for the compliment. Yes my doctor is like yours. I'm so glad. It was definitely the Ambien in my case as well. Sleep drugs are brutal. They make you think you have cancer or something else serious. I'm happy that you got a good report today. Keep taking good care of yourself. Get some rest. I'm sure you're tired.

Nighty night

Wow ur drs sound amazing. U should be proud too, I’ve both come so far!my dr I don’t think believes it quite yet, but yes for a while there she was also looking for cancer! Crazy how sick they make us! U guys would love oz. especially now, we’re pretty free covid wise x feel for u guys still going thru it

Yes we've got over 800 cases a day here in my state. Two months ago it was over a 1000 a day. That covid is killing many people. It's doesn't care if you're rich or poor old or young. Our top medical directors are worried because flu season has started and covid running wild. Glad it's not bad there, Shay. Whatever y'all are doing, keep it up

Wow 800 a day! Melbourne just went thru that and went into 6 weeks total lockdown with curfew. They still aren’t allowed to leave their state. Gosh I feel for u guys will it ever end!

Speaking of the flu - I declined the flu shot bc I don't want to feel any worse right now.  I do usually get one every year.  I read somewhere that they expect the flu season to be delayed this year, more like Feb-Mar than Dec-Jan.  I figure I'll get a shot in late Oct or Nov, depending on how I feel.  Although I think I'm gonna just stay home a lot this winter anyway.  Sometimes I feel grateful that I'm going thru this while the pandemic is going on so I have a reason to decline many social engagements.  I am the introvert in my family and prefer quiet time anyway.  I wonder if the Ambien contributed to that and I'll be more social when all this is over?

That's a great question, Deanna! I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be more social after you're healed. Ambien does makes us reclusive. I'm glad I'm going through this while a pandemic is going on too. That's the only good thing about it...we couldn't go out much anyway so we don't mind being tucked away at home. But once we heal, we will want to go enjoy life again. I'm looking forward to it.

As far as a flu shot....ummm...no thanks coz I'm sick enough! I'm basically at home in my room nearly all day every day so not much exposure anyway. I also normally get a shot every year. Mostly everyone on here that's had a flu shot didn't have any issues with it. But I'm not getting one this year unless my doctor come make a house call. I'm not going out there in public. I can barely walk in my house. And it would be my luck that I'd be the only one the shot had a reaction.

Today I recieved an omnibook of the songs and solos of saxophone player Charlie Parker. I am a fan. Today was a tough day for me and it is taper related for sure. It is good to buy a present for myself once in a while. I also buy presents for my father. Tomorrow I’ll go the swimming pool with a mate of me.

Ha Shayna,

I have reduced my dose from +/- 1/16 to 1/8. I know this is very little, but I prefer to do it slow. I have used zopiclone for many years. And I also feel this taper amount is tough. Tomorrow afternoon I go to a movie with my father, so I take a step back tonight to feel better. Then on Saturday evening I return to my current amount.

Are you still on zero zopiclone? Lot of luck,

Jerry

That’s great jerry I know how difficult it is to get off this stuff so u are doing great. Yes I’m still on zero. Last night I’m not sure what happened I was awake a lot but think I had some sleep too. It’s hard to tell now because it feels like I’m awake but I could be in light sleep. I feel ok today so maybe good sign. U will get there jerry have a nice time at the movies x

Speaking of the flu - I declined the flu shot bc I don't want to feel any worse right now.  I do usually get one every year.  I read somewhere that they expect the flu season to be delayed this year, more like Feb-Mar than Dec-Jan.  I figure I'll get a shot in late Oct or Nov, depending on how I feel.  Although I think I'm gonna just stay home a lot this winter anyway.  Sometimes I feel grateful that I'm going thru this while the pandemic is going on so I have a reason to decline many social engagements.  I am the introvert in my family and prefer quiet time anyway.  I wonder if the Ambien contributed to that and I'll be more social when all this is over?

I've read many posts from members through the years asking about getting a flu shot and most have said it didn't cause them any extra issues, this is the year to get one, it's more important than ever!

Ok Pam, I'll reconsider it. But I figured since I'm bedridden and isolated that I don't need one. Plus it would be my luck that I'd get sick from it. I can't ride in a car to the doctor so if doctor wants me to get it, she'll have to send a nurse to my house.

I agree this year is the most important year to get flu shot. Thanks for your input.

Flu shot won’t protect against corona anyway. Not trying to be argumentative but I had one years ago and was sick for 2 weeks. Never again. Are they compulsory in us? 

Flu shot won’t protect against corona anyway. Not trying to be argumentative but I had one years ago and was sick for 2 weeks. Never again. Are they compulsory in us?

They're voluntary.

I got/get a flu shot every year, even while I had rotten w/ds, and it didn't make me feel one bit worse. Of course ppl can and will do as they please, but it just seems sensible to me.

Just my 2/12 cents' worth.

:-\

Katz

hello!!! I'm confused, is this thread the Z group?

I wanted to post a topic, well, I'm 11 nights into my taper and am feeling SO exhausted and have hardly cut back, only 0.50mg. But I'm also getting a lot less sleep than I was. Ohhhh today that feels so hard, I guess because I did a lot more activity than I'm used to this week. I feel energized by HOPE.

I feel hopeful and GRATEFUL because I can rest. I need to rest. Rest is very different than sleep, or can be. I also feel a bit scared, honestly. So scared of not sleeping of having trouble of feeling how I feel today, pain and exhaustion ... but also a loneliness. I miss gathering with people.

How has your exhaustion manifested? Your sleep? Your taper? Thanks!

Hi kachina we just go a bit off topic sometimes. I didn’t sleep last night. U will get less sleep as u withdraw. Haven’t heard of anyone who has more sleep unfortunately. Pain exhaustion and loneliness are my common bedfellows. It’s the worst. But the alternative is to stay on drugs that make us sick and don’t give us any better sleep. I feel ok I just went for a walk to distract myself from how I was feeling.

What dose are u on now? Ambien buddies will jump in I’m sure x

I am back on my taper amount of +/- 1/8 of my half zopiclone tablet since yesterday evening. Again it is a tough day for me. More depressed than normal. Luckily my sleep is still quite ok. I mostly sit on my coach watching tv. Yesterday I went to a docu in a film theatre about Leonardo da Vinci. I went together with my father. It was an interesting docu. In half an hour I go to my father’s house to have a meal with him and watch some football. Much luck to you all who taper a z-drug!

Kachina, you're fear of getting sleep is very common. Our natural sleep mechanism has been tapered with while on our sleep meds. It's going to take some time for our brains to go back to its normal stat. In the meantime, try not to fear not sleeping because it will make it worse. Stick with a coping plan on the restless nights to distract yourself from becoming overwhelmed with insomnia. You will have good nights & bad nights as part of the healing process. Take one night at a time. Rest is equally important as sleep. Keep in mind our bodies are healing. If you sprain your ankle, the most important thing to do is rest your foot. This is just as true for our healing brains/ bodies. I rest to the point that I'm nearly asleep. You may even be able to drift off. My sleep has been good using CBT-I. My taper was also smooth. Slow & steady wins the race. I'm sure all of us miss gathering and fellowships we were used to but the world is in a pandemic that is costing lives. It's a serious situation and we must take it seriously. Thankfully were in a technology age that we can FaceTime or zoom. Face to face gathering to me isn't worth the risk. Besides, I'm already sick enough. Looking at it in that light, I don't mind not gathering. Certainly I'd rather be safe than sorry so I can wait until covid settles. This is a great opportunity to clean out our homes, storage buildings, garages, start a hobby or do something we've always wanted to do but didn't have the time. Please don't worry too much and know that we're here for you.

I am back on my taper amount of +/- 1/8 of my half zopiclone tablet since yesterday evening. Again it is a tough day for me. More depressed than normal. Luckily my sleep is still quite ok. I mostly sit on my coach watching tv. Yesterday I went to a docu in a film theatre about Leonardo da Vinci. I went together with my father. It was an interesting docu. In half an hour I go to my father’s house to have a meal with him and watch some football. Much luck to you all who taper a z-drug!

That’s ok jerry keep trying when u are up to it. So u are on 1/8 of a 7.5mg? That film sounds very interesting x keep getting out as often as u can it will help u feel less depressed

No 1/8 of 3,75mg... half a tablet....Shayna! Thx for your support, I feel less alone in my struggle to get off this medication...